Lee Ji Ah 이지아

liquidfir

Waaaah liquidfir, you're testing my Korean reading skills izzit? :crazy::wacko::unsure::tears:

By the time I finish reading the article you posted, it would have been 2 days later, LOL. Understanding it will be donkey months later.. worse! HAHAHA

Care to give a summary of what that article is about? ;)

to tell u the truth i can only understand 40% plus so i dont wanna mislead u ah

lOL the title is "Stardom is visible to TWSSG's lee ji ah" this is direct translation abit weird i know.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

믾이 걱정했는데 지금 그냥.. 그저? cant turn back time lOLLLLL. it'd grow. lOLL 그때까지 기다려~~ *stabs*

~~

OMFG~~~ i love the pic of her.. 머리 이뻐ㅓㅓㅓㅓㅓ {후회 중 slaps myself}

u mean she hid her hair inside the WIG?

does she wears a wig in twssg?

and yes the english part.. hmmm lOLLLL their companies always say they can speak fluently..

but.. well.. until i see a VOD of her speaking english.. lOlxxx

ah! i wish i could type in korean. stinkin school computer.. ahahah wait wait~ she's wearing a wig?! *thinks* that makes sense! it is a wig! maybe that's why it's so gruff looking! ahhaha note to self: pay more attention to make-up, hair, and clothes in taesagi. ahahhaha

Yay, new pics! Thanks!!!!! :D

(I can't believe I'm sooo interested in a female. LOL.)

HAHAHAHA there's nothing wrong with that! i'm huge fans of many female stars!~ not in a weird way of course. o_O;

I made 3 icons fo Lee Jiah...

But i'm still very noobish in icon coloring......Credits if you're using please.

---Caroline

hi caroline! those are so nice!! thanks~~~~

Haha, Amanda, knowing 40% is waaaay better than knowing 0.00005% ;)

Thanks anyway! I'll try to read it :blink: and hanker after my Korean lang Teacher to 'translate' for me when I see her *grins*

i'll try translating when i have time! gotta run to meeting~ *waves*

AlecRuby, we can't wait too!

The more I rewatch the TWSSG episodes while I pine for this coming Wed & Thur's episodes 6 and 7, the more I like Lee Ji Ah's acting. I'm sounding like a broken record already, but she's really good for a newbie! :D

I hope she gets more airtime and recognition than some critics have (unsatisfactorily) given her in time to come!

Got this off Bae Yong Joon's thread, credit to Marikoo and the translator Mr. Fumi... has bits of information regarding the role of Sujini/Lee Ji Ah in Tae Wang Sa Shing Gi 태왕사싱기

:)

Ok, our lesson for today from Mr. Fumi. Are you ready fellow students. (chuckle) :D Ok now, please bear with my English cos this piece was really hard to translate. Please correct me if you find mistakes, esp the names of the actresses and their works. I'm not good at non-YJ related stuff. (excuses he..he..)

Good afternoon, thank you for your many comments.

Today is Chuseok. Today's full moon is the most beautiful this year. Yesterday was full moon too and I watched it with my child (Mariko: if I remember correctly, he mentioned that he has a daughter).

Child: "Father, today's full moon is beautiful".

Me: That is the star of Chushin. I wanted to cheer my child but he/she kept quiet instead. It seems that he/she is worried about his father. (laughs)

The consecutive holidays will end tomorrow. The hit movie of South Korea will be aired as a special selection movie at the same timeslot of TWSSG. I have a painful feeling. The movies broadcasted during the Chuseok consecutive holidays usually record 15% ratings. Let's be prepared for the decrease of tomorrow's rating for TWSSG. Though usually, the ratings will decrease by 6% during New Year and Chuseok, I don't think that there will be much influence because the consecutive holidays will end tomorrow. I have a feeling that it can't be helped if the rating will slightly decline because of the "monster" (Host) film which will be aired on a different channel. Incidentally, the lead role for both the rival drama (How to Find a Perfect Neighbor?) and the movie (Host) is Bae Dou Na. The report on South Korean Newspaper will say about tomorrow's rating "TWSSG was sandwiched by Bae Dou Na" Their family names are the same too. It is said that BDN is a YJ fan and the mother of Son Il Kook (the star of the rival drama from next week "Lobbyist"?) is known to be a YJ fan too.

The rival drama on a different channel at present is (How to Find a Perfect Neighbor?) is a drama that enjoyed much support. Though it is competing with TWSSG, the rating is kept at 10% because there are groups of fans that fully support it. The people concerned with the drama Lobbyist should think the fact that "there is a very strong rival drama" too. Incidentally, TWSSG will be strongly confronted by SBS Lobbyist next week. SBS is expecting that TWSSG will get more or less 26%, and Lobbyist more or less 15%. Let's wait and see.

Well, about the stars who are supposed to appear in TWSSG, the recent interview of

Park San Myon (Mariko: Not sure about the correct spelling) will be a good example. He said like this.

"I got a loan and bought a big house after my work became a big hit." In order to pay back my debt, I had to appear in 3 works. But these works are all filmed in a very short time, thus the quality suffered and these works failed completely. There were many offers for second lead roles but I don't want to accept offers with lead actors, who are in my evaluation, ranks lower than me. Then offers stopped coming after I turned down offers that I am not the leading actor. I did every possible way (to get works), and then finally, offers started coming in but I can't do a work that will require long time filming like "TWSSG".

Now, when we see the casting of TWSSG, in the case of casting Sujini's role, this role of Sujini was intended "for a newcomer as much as possible" since the very beginning. That is the story that brought two newcomers, Sujini and Choero roles, to this work. This is a good thing, I suppose and powerful casting.

In the past Kim PD said that "there were many popular actresses who wished that they can appear in this work". The names of these popular actresses were mentioned in the net as well.

But I think there is much difficulty for the Kiha role. Let's think about it.

1. Kiha's role is not the lead role but is a supporting role to the lead role LJA. A very popular actress who is willing to accept supporting role to a newcomer.

2. An actress who can back up a newcomer's acting.

3. An actress that is willing to shoot for about three years for this work.

4. The actress who can show strong presence in many acting scenes with co-stars like Choi Min Soo and Park San Won.

5. A suitable person to the role of YJ's lover, and furthermore, the person who will look older than YJ.

There may not have been many actresses who satisfy these conditions. There could be few actresses who can accept, particularly conditions 1 to 4. (Actually, there is such rumor.)

There were many top actresses who wished to play to role of Sujini (laughs), but since a newcomer was decided for the role of Sujini, a newcomer for the role of Kiha will be impossible. The role of Sujini will go to the newcomer and the role of Kiha will be played by a top actress. It was said that this was the way casting was done for this work.

Let's try to see it in a different perspective, there's a feeling of appreciation for a top movie actress like Mon Sori for choosing this work. Personally, the one who can satisfy all the conditions above is I think Chan So Hi, but her name did not even come into Kim PD's mind. I don't think the hairstyle of the period drama looks good on Mon Sori. However, you must be prepared to be deeply impressed by her performance. Well, this is Fumi saying I'd like tomorrow to come quickly.

And liezle provided further info on the strict conditional selection of Lee Ji Ah for 'Sujini':

btw you guys might be wondering who mr fumi is. he's actually a known name in baesites. for everyone who doesn't know, mr. fumi and his wife used to work with mbc he knows a lot when it comes to korean ent. he's been writing in byj's quilt and job [japanese official board] sharing with baefamily many things about byj and his works [including people working with byj].

sylvia, regarding LJA's casting, this is what mr fumi wrote the other day ~

Kim PD auditioned her for so many times, she was selected but if he stopped liking her acting she will be fired in the middle of filming.

scary, huh?!

alot of news are found in naver.. they are wondering why Lee ji ah doesnt have a homepage..

which means that she is being notice ALOT

htm_20070925154309c000c010-001.jpg

`태왕사신기` 이지아 미니홈피 정말 없나

[조인스] http://news.joins.com/article/aid/2007/09/25/2989512.html

TWSSG's Lee Ji Ah really doesnt have a Homepage.

MBC 수목드라마 ‘태왕사신기’가 인기를 끌면서 신인배우 이지아(26)가 네티즌의 관심을 끌고 있다. '수지니'역을 맡은 이지아는 여신과 여전사의 이미지를 함께 지닌 캐릭터로, 담덕(배용준)의 연인인 동시에 그의 야망을 위한 조력자 역할을 하게 된다.

' 태왕사신기'를 통해 이지아가 화제가 되자 각종 인터넷 포털 등에서는 '이지아 미니홈피' '이지아 프로필' 등을 공개해달라는 주문이 빗발치고 있다. 그러나 이지아의 미니홈피를 비롯해 공식 홈페이지는 없는 것으로 알려져 이지아에 대한 정보를 알고자 하는 네티즌의 아쉬움이 이어지고 있다.

한편 미술학도 출신으로 그래픽 디자이너의 꿈을 키워왔던 학생인 이지아는 30차례에 걸친 오디션 끝에 주연으로 발탁된 배우로 알려졌다. 김종학 감독은 한 인터넷 신문과의 인터뷰에서 "이지아를 보면서 새로운 인물을 키워내고 싶은 욕심도 생겼다"며 "아마도 채시라, 고현정을 이을 여배우로 성장하지 않을까 싶다"고 말했다.

'태왕사신기'는 26일 10분 앞당겨진 9시45분, 27일에는 정규시간인 9시 55분 방송될 예정이다.

디지털뉴스 [jdn@joins.com]

Guest Gummi Bear

I rewatch the Special and I think I saw Lee Ji Ah wearing the same white coat that liquidfir posted on the 1st post carrying a Starbuck coffee cup. It was the opening ceremony where we see PD Kim and some other people praying for a smooth shooting? I think it was at Jeju before they started to build all the buildings for the series. She was sitting in the front row all the way to the right hand side if you look carefully at the background, its at 44:33.

LOL at the polo scene where an extra fell from the horse and he was unconscious I think b/c 2 person started to slapped at his face really hard to awaken the guy. I was thinking, ouch! don't slapped the guy so hard! The poor guy :lol::lol:

I don't think if its BYJ they wouldn't have dare slapped his face that hard!

Guest mymyjane2

im doing nothing so i searched for ji ah's name in the net and i saw this.... im not 100% sure if true though...

here is the link http://koreaenta.exblog.jp/6139893/

d0015295_22594782.jpg

イ・ジア[이지아:Lee Ji-Ah]

漢字表記:

生年月日:1981年2月2日

既婚未婚:未婚

出身校:アメリカ・カルフォルニア州パサデナ・アートセンター・カレッジ休学中

身 長:168cm

血液型:A型

趣 味:

特 技:

デビュー:2007年MBCドラマ'太王四神記'

所属社HP:BOF

nothing new... except for this tiny bit info...

U.S. calefornia state pasadena art college TEMPORARY ABSENCE FROM SCHOOL

i tot she graduated already... hmmm... wondering when did she came home to korea?

confirmed that its true called mariko onni and she said that its written in BOF (boundaries of forest)... sors

Thanks for the info, mymyjane2 and 가은!

But there's abit of conflicting information regarding her studies - as usual with Korean actors. Seems that while it's stated as 'temporary absence from school' here, I read in the recent post of TWSSG that LJA graduated with a degree already. *scratch head*

Unless, she's done a degree and at US to do a postgrad? :huh:

But I'm not sure how the American education system works, do colleges provide postgrad? Or only their universities do that?

Anyways, I'm not too bothered about her education, although I know it's a big thing in the Korean society to be educationally sound.

As long as she's working hard at her acting and doing justice to the PD's (and I'm sure everyone else, from her 'boss' BYJ especially) massive expectations of her, I'm good! ^_^

Hey mymyjane2, TWSSG started filming about 2 years ago? So I guess LJA probably went back to Korea around that time for auditions... what a stroke of good luck and timing eh!

Guest mymyjane2

But there's abit of conflicting information regarding her studies - as usual with Korean actors. Seems that while it's stated as 'temporary absence from school' here, I read in the recent post of TWSSG that LJA graduated with a degree already. *scratch head*

Hey mymyjane2, TWSSG started filming about 2 years ago? So I guess LJA probably went back to Korea around that time for auditions... what a stroke of good luck and timing eh!

hi hi me 2 im not bothered its just that i like her more bec she can speak english :P :P :P

heard "mins. ago" thatshe came home "for" the audition of legend... something like that... dont know

yah, me 2 i tot she already graduated bec i read something like that ... thats why my eyes catched this info... :rolleyes:

maybe she already graduated and the temporary absence is for master degree????

:mellow: guessing game...

Guest Gummi Bear

Unless, she's done a degree and at US to do a postgrad? :huh:

But I'm not sure how the American education system works, do colleges provide postgrad? Or only their universities do that?

Anyways, I'm not too bothered about her education, although I know it's a big thing in the Korean society to be educationally sound.

As long as she's working hard at her acting and doing justice to the PD's (and I'm sure everyone else, from her 'boss' BYJ especially) massive expectations of her, I'm good! ^_^

Does the college she went to belongs to a university? If it does then yes. If its only a single college that doesn't belong to any university then no. I have never been to a 4-year college because I went straight into an university after I graduated from High School but a 4-year college (that does not belongs to any university) to my understanding only offers a bachelor degree as the highest (correct if I am wrong). I got my bachelor at UW and studied 4 more years there for my doctorate and I don't see any 4-year colleges offer such program. Maybe she got a degree already and decided to get another one???

Does the college she went to belongs to a university? If it does then yes. If its only a single college that doesn't belong to any university then no. I have never been to a 4-year college because I went straight into an university after I graduated from High School but a 4-year college (that does not belongs to any university) to my understanding only offers a bachelor degree as the highest (correct if I am wrong). I got my bachelor at UW and studied 4 more years there for my doctorate and I don't see any 4-year colleges offer such program. Maybe she got a degree already and decided to get another one???

Hullo Gummi Bear! Hmm, I googled for "pasadena art college, usa" and seems that the college is called art center college... Hopefully I'm at the right school ^_^

That school does provide graduate as well as undergrad studies. So perhaps LJA did grad with an undergrad deg and was there for her grad.... (speculates) But then again, we won't know till there's more indepth information from the lady herself :D

Boy, actually... looking at the college's tuition fees for graduate studies.... sheesh, I can't believe my UNDERGRAD studies is almost matching that sum!!!! @#$%

I should have gone to the States to study instead... More value for money? Urgh. :huh:

Aye, I digress..... <_<

mymyjane2: Hehe... well, it was said that LJA speaks fluent English, but like what liquidfir mentioned previously (I think it was in the TWSSG thread?), it remains to be seen whether she does speak it fluently or just all overhyped. Heh heh.

Guest mymyjane2

mymyjane2: Hehe... well, it was said that LJA speaks fluent English, but like what liquidfir mentioned previously (I think it was in the TWSSG thread?), it remains to be seen whether she does speak it fluently or just all overhyped. Heh heh.

hi hi again... haha hyped? that sure will be a minus point if thats true... ah... lee ji ah, li ji ah....

bae family have been waiting for twssg drama for 2 yrs and there was a fuss all back then who would be YJ oppa's love team...

(patience... bae family(fans) is the best in that)

news said it was kim tae hee, and then choi ji woo and then moon sori came but her role is kiha so many are wondering who will be suzeeny...

but kim pd was so quiet, suzeeny chara was kindda forgotten and all tot it's just moon sori and YJ...

and then the preview dvd's came in JAPAN there is this girl(LJA) but no info about her. no interviews of her (same as YJ) and we/i didnt even know her name maybe she is just a co star .....and then @;[@]/p@;.]p@!!!!!!

she is the love team!!!!!

many liked her face at first but still waiting how is her talent....

i cant say that she is a new comer.

about moon sori you read what fumi san wrote, right?

will a beteran pro actress accept those conditions???

hard, dont you think?

i really think that she is a very good actress, and she was preety when she was kajin! but... i hate kiha's hairstle :o

am i long winded or what? mymyjane2 is long call me mymy :)

mymy! Haha, no worries, you're not long-winded :D I can go on and on too! LOL

I guess it's good publicity for TWSSG; on one hand it keeps everyone guessing who'll be starring alongside BYJ and MSR. On the other, the hush-hush mood allows LJA to concentrate on her acting for the role of Sujini, before she gets too "overwhelmed/overconfident" for her own good :)

Touching abit on MSR - YEap, I saw what Mr. Fumi wrote. It's really tough to find an actress like MSR who's able to accept her lesser role of Ki Ha/Kajin without ego or need for status (to be the lead actress). Personally, I've not seen her act before, so I can't comment on how good she has been. So far, in TWSSG, her Ki Ha character has been rather mild. So will await to see how she develops Ki Ha further on! As for her Ki Ha hairstyle, I think it gives her an air of serenity/calmness necessary for the character. Different from Kajin's hairstyle I guess!

Now since this is 이지아 Lee Ji Ah's thread, I'll get back to her, heh.

To be frank, my first impression upon seeing her in the 1st episode was her looks! I think she's really pretty! (I like girls with this kind of looks - but I'm straight yeah? I love men too much *grins*) THEN she wow-ed me with her acting when I realised from the TWSSG thread that she's a newcomer.

I'm not sure what she was studying back in college, could it be theatre/performing arts? Maybe if she does, that might have aided her in her selection for this role,and in her acting.

Well, as for her fluency in English... we'll wait for her to start speaking in interviews yeah? I won't be too surprised - or disappointed - if she speaks less fluent than my expectation. Maybe to them, she IS fluent, but just not to me *grins*

2 more hours to TWSSG, hope to see more of 이지아 in Ep 6!!! *Full of anticipation* :w00t::w00t:

EDIT: Just wanted to add (for the 12972409373th time) that I'm AMAZED that given TWSSG's a big budget show, the PD and BYJ agreed to source for a newcomer. This would not happen anywhere else I gather! But just as well, LJA's on her way to being a star! (Like Yoon Eun Hye!)

Archived