fb594d0c7e6ec50991df728f37503379_large.jpg

From Bosuk Bibimbap

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest honzbear

Some images from different dramas: 

4adb0d703c1b18acbde8610c8580df30_large.jpg

I think this is from Golden Fish. Nice green tie. 

2d03cb785dea1a1cb1613f527c9521f5_large.jpg

Golden Fish. An intimate pose with the actress who played his wife in the drama. I don't know what he's looking at. 

bc84f4fd1a6c942df47cd024795e49ea_large.jpg 

Golden Fish. As a doctor. 

8cb981719141893514bbfc675c3388d1_large.jpg

Golden Fish again. 

679247f5e58a50435ab7cea5bcaeca83_large.jpg   

Golden Fish again I think

e3a5cc07c0440d32e18dc10059988351_large.jpg

Yeon Gae So Mun. He is in his wedding costume.

4e9692a9020f334a82e60cbaae543049_large.jpg   

Publicity shot

252b425f17999fa9ad43c11272d0ec7d_large.jpg   

Swimming pool scene in Golden Fish

4ddcbb3ea125b8995e11dc55ed04be06_large.jpg  

Jewel Bibimbap

84f2380c7f8a3c12a3516540d633b8db_large.jpg

Jewel Bibimbap. I don't recognize this actress. 

Guest honzbear

Here are  a couple of videos.

One is of Lee Tae Gon handing out flowers to Japanese fans. He's so sweet with the older ladies.

f944428484dfdc495b28bfbb3b4af0f1_large.jpg

Lee Tae Gon making love to Japanese fans

Another video is an interview on Japanese TV about his part in Yeon Gae So Mun.

b063f6922c0dcde9fc1546a5f1dcad97_large.jpg

Lee Tae Gon's interview on Japanese TV

He's HUGE in Japan. In Korea, not as famous. I can't understand that. He should be bigger in his home country than overseas. At least the Japanese fans appreciate him very much. I hope he holds a similar fan meeting in Korea. I will go to it if he does. The Japanese fans are so lucky. They get a chance to see him so up close and personal.

Guest katherinekang

He has a fantastic and charismatic smile. Very genuine and forthright. I am glad you have the videos cos u have made my day on this thread. So far, there are only the two of us and I haven't been able to contribute much. Thanks Honzbear for the wonderful videos.

Guest honzbear

It's my pleasure.

The fans must have been thrilled when he entered the dining room in person and handed out a rose to each of them. Lucky women. I'd love to meet him face to face like that. And then later on in the auditorium he gave out shirts he wore on Bosuk Bibimbap. He said something about how they had been laundered ("setak") and he sniffed a shirt to make sure it was clean. What a great guy. I think he had a cold that day - he sounded blocked up. Can you imagine being married to him? And listening to his deep sexy voice all day as he talks? It would be heaven ....  I wouldn't care what he was saying. I would want him to keep talking and talking just so that I could listen to his voice.

And he's a good singer too. I love his singing voice - so deep and masculine-sounding.

What a marvelous man.

이태곤 이실을 읽으면 .....  가장 좋아하는 배우 입니다. 한국말을 잘 못 합니다. 잘못이 많다. 저는 한국어를 열심히 공부하고 있게끔 이태곤 있는 드라마와 인터뷰를 이해합니다. 보시다시피, 저는 한 헌신적인 팬 입니다. 그럼 수고하세요, 재미있는 드라마를 좀 하기 위해 계속 하세요.

Guest katherinekang

U know, took words from m mouth. I have this thing about masculine voice. I am willing to sit and listen to that voice, never mind what is spoken Hangeul or not. If u look at those pix u had posted, some of them is macho and some very baby. U just couldn't wait to kiss that look.

U are right, that way he walk in into the room..wow! No wonder everyone went mad. I love that video clip. I got it downloaded from Youtube and showed it to my sis-in-law and she went bonkers. Lee Tae Gon-ssi, u just have a new fan. She is going to watch King Gwanggaeto tonite. (From a person who say she doesn't want or like sagueks..ha ha).

Guest honzbear

U know,  took words from m mouth. I have this thing about masculine voice. I am willing to sit and listen to that voice, never mind what is spoken Hangeul or not. If u look at those pix u had posted, some of them is macho and some very baby. U just couldn't wait to kiss that look.

U are right, that way he walk in into the room..wow! No wonder everyone went mad. I love that video clip. I got it downloaded from Youtube and showed it to my sis-in-law and she went bonkers. Lee Tae Gon-ssi, u just have a new fan. She is going to watch King Gwanggaeto tonite. (From a person who say she doesn't want or like sagueks..ha ha).

You make me laugh with your posts. You're right, in some pictures, he looks very cute like a baby, you want to pinch his cheeks and kiss him .. And he can look very manly too. He's irresistible.

Is she Jade in the drama? If she is Jade, the actress looks really different to how she was in the drama. I thought it was her but I couldn't recognize her. What happened to her?

This is what she normally looks like:

bestcouple_jewel.jpg

84f2380c7f8a3c12a3516540d633b8db_large.jpg

On second thoughts, I think they are completely different actresses. I haven't watched the drama so I guess I will find out when I do.

Guest honzbear

Some more photos from dramas and promotion events:

bcc303a13b36c0f689474b3f6d8b5b06_large.jpg  

From Golden Fish.

993eb2af6e3990d11fb541de401b897d_large.jpg  

I think this is from Love in Heaven.

91d478a59bfd4de05291ecb9169503b9_large.jpg

From Golden Fish

b4534e56928435df3feec2c3f6515da0_large.jpg

From Golden Fish promotion event. I have no idea who the actress on the left is and why she's paired up with Lee Tae Gon in this photo.

eac6295a67ccdbfb11780fc05bce4bc9_large.jpg

I am not sure what drama he was acting in at this time.

69c4d181f609a1c31f4171ac8aef92d4_large.jpg

From Yeon Gae So Mun. He played the younger General Yeongaesomun (the controversial general who overthrew Goguryeo's king).

0d2bcd28bcb24dd7b0061a510e3500ec_large.jpg

Interview about Bosuk Bibimbap

cac3aef3a8f2fae7ed20c8c11ff283b1_large.gif

Modelling shot I think.

944e45ab2c5caaeca95fe5cdf3bebf92_large.jpg

I don't know which drama this is from. Either Golden Fish or Bosuk Bibimbap I think.

72471ee5a6c9f77fbf4db02c7731c7b7_large.jpg

Looking happy and confident.

c46db80cc0bd14fd7383a556607842bb_large.jpg

The memorable honeymoon scene from Love in Heaven where Lee Tae Gon does a striptease dance. ㅋㅋㅋ

ed94edf942ff75a3c5c16eeeb18b318b_large.jpg

Maybe from Bosuk Bibimbap. Looking very handsome.

1f0377e625fadc84d88498a80e2f93d1_large.jpg

Picture from his compulsory army duty days.  The placard that is in front of Lee Tae Gon says: "Time assistant. Lee Tae Gon." 

1da9792bdc869118ed92637c50e78897_large.jpg

Something is happening to his arm .... I think this is from Golden Fish when he starts to get sick.

Those are all the images I will post for now. It makes the thread take a long time to load if I post too many images at once.

Guest katherinekang

I can answer. a) LTG holding the microphone is from Winter Bird (see the backdrop with the title of the drama. B) holding the handphone is from Golden Fish c) burn scar on the arm is also from Golden Fish.

Honzbear, if u can post them slowly from time to time, I can die a happy person. Not the whole lot cos it would be fun. Oh, back to the pixs, I can safely give u the answers cos I hv the dramas at home and his pixs are in my laptops. I literally raided the whole internet for his pixs including yours. I hv catergorized them into his different dramas. Only King Gwanggaeto has four folders (the biggest lot so far).

U know, his smile makes my heart sing. I hope u feel the same way. Thanks, btw, for his pixs.

Guest honzbear

I have to watch Golden Fish to see how he got the burn scars.

I'm pathetic. I am supposed to be a Lee Tae Gon fan and I haven't watched any of his dramas properly except for King Gwanggaeto the Great and Dear Heaven. I have seen maybe four episodes of Winter Bird, one episode of Golden Fish and one episode of Assorted Gems. And I sort of skimmed most of the episodes of Dear Heaven after Ep. 40 and watched only the last episode properly.

Guest katherinekang

He got the scars from Han Ji Min(Jo Yoon Hee)'s mother when he was a boy. That is why when he is grown, his mind is a bit off the track at times. U must watch this drama cos it also shows how he went from kind to a mean person, and also at the end he died. This drama is very touching.

But in Heaven in Love, he is shown as his best. His charm will appeal to u. That's why I went nuts looking for the rest of his dramas, especially Yeon Gaesomun. I wasn't itmpressed with Winter Bird, so I am 'patiently' waiting for the drama to come out.

Since u r living in Korea, u should not have any problems with locating his dramas. I envy u.

Guest honzbear

I read a synopsis of the plot of Golden Bird and became interested in watching it. It doesn't seem to be like his other dramas where there is a happy ending. The drama appears to be darker than his others, with its disturbing psychological undertones. I wonder how LTG handles this role. I just can't find an English-subtitled version of it on the web. I can only find one dubbed in Farsi. And I don't want to watch the drama online. I want to put it on hard disk so will have to keep looking.

Korea's not that good for dramas for English-speakers because everything is in Korean - they assume everyone in Korea speaks Korean. I went to a place where they sell dramas on disc and they didn't have any of Lee Tae Gon's dramas in English so I lucked out there again. There might have been Japanese-subbed versions but no English-subbed ones.

Guest katherinekang

SANGIL CHUKHA HAMNIDA, to a great man. Best of the birthday wishes to you, Lee Tae Gon. And may u have many wonderful wishes come true.

First of all, thanks so much to honzbear and katherinekang for actively and passionately sharing about Lee Tae Gon at the thread, really appreciate the warm and sweet sharing about the actor, pics and clips. I haven't been posting much here lately but I'd always check for (English) updates if any to share and whenever there's new posts. It's not just LTG thread.. a lot of the actors/actresses threads in the forum hasn't been that active these past few years.. even the supposedly more popular ones are not promptly updated either.

However, I have not seen Gwanggaeto the Great so I'd be clueless to discuss anything. I have seen 'Love in Heaven' which I think is LTG's best (modern) series.. haven't seen him in the historical dramas though. Braced the whole of 'Winter Birds' just for LTG.. alas, it was not his to be despite the long-suffering waiting for the happy ending. The most recent LTG series I've seen was 'Assorted Gems'.. somehow.. LTG is mostly being offered lengthy family series.. modern or otherwise.. like Dear Heaven and AG, etc which is a blessing.. nonetheless. At times, he could be a bit stiff at first but a long series will definitely show him at his best when he's really so into the character he's playing. Have to say I love Dear Heaven the most.. the chemistry with the leading actress.. with the onscreen mom, too.. plus the unusual storyline.. AG was not too bad but as honzbear mentioned before.. there're just too many characters and side stories which is of course, the essence of long-episodes of family series. However.. it's also too sugar-coated to please the audience despite dealing with a serious issue.. like Alzheimer, etc. Also .. imo, LTG played the same rich good guy role a little too many times that it might become the one persona he'd play so well. Not saying that it's a bad thing but..

Hope I'm not offending anyone.. LTG is clearly an actor to watch, with his own physical attraction and lots to offer.. he's definitely a leading man material but hopefully he'll get better & variety of roles to showcase his talent and charm as well.

It's good to have company to celebrate and wish Lee Tae Gon-ssi a very Happy Birthday at the thread.. if I was posting alone, I'm most sure to miss his birthday. blush.gif

1008-001-158-1068.gif

Happy Birthday Lee Tae Gon-ssi!

Guest honzbear

rubie and Katherine, I didn't know it was his birthday. Thank you for reminding us on the thread. And thanks, rubie, for starting this thread and keeping it up over the years. It must have been a lonely task at times when it seemed like nobody else was interested. I'm only a relative newcomer here. I'm really impressed that you have been a fan since 2007. That's real dedication. And I appreciate all the posts and media you've posted on Lee Tae Gon over the years.

happy-birthday-graphic.gif

생일 축하 합니다 Lee Tae Gon!

Guest katherinekang

Thanks, Rosie, for staring this thread for Lee Tae Gon. I am glad that I had watched King Gwanggaeto the great, staring an interest in LTG. Yes, he is at his best in Love in Heaven, though many viewers weren't impressed with his acting at the beginning.

I think u should watch KGTG, then u would be surprised how fantastic he has turned out. I admired his acting skills in this drama, because he has turned himself into the role. He will be Damdeok forever, May he have many more wonderful works in future. Go for it Lee Tae-gon ssi.

Guest honzbear

I don't really know what the standard for acting in a family drama is so I am not a good judge of whether his acting was good bad or indifferent in these dramas. I think most family dramas are quite cheesy affairs personally. I am not a big fan of them and usually just watch them to see my favorite stars. I am glad he got to act in KGTG. He was getting typecast as the weekend family drama actor so KGTG gave him a chance to break out of this and show his ability to act in a different type of role (Yeon Gaesomun didn't make a big splash in Korea and it's been a while since he was in that). His performance in KGTG shows his versatility as an actor, and indeed the genre of sageuk seems to suit his style the best imo. I am sure he has caught the eye of many TV producers with his role in this drama and I think he will be offered many good roles in the future. I hope he chooses wisely; he is best off selecting roles that suit his personality and his capabilities. I don't want to see him in any more romantic lead roles as he's been in so many of them now. I also prefer he stay away from glitzy productions that are poor in quality even if they have a big budget and go for well-made ones even if they have a lower profile. If he makes good choices now, he will have a long and fruitful career in the industry. I would certainly like to see him in many good dramas and movies in the future and eagerly await his next move.

Even though I am not into family dramas as a rule, I enjoyed Dear Heaven a lot especially in the first half. The main story did not appeal to me much but the side stories and the peripheral characters did. I liked the storyline about the pact that Jakyung's cousin (the reporter) and Wang Mo's sister made and the various schemes they started in order to make their dreams come true. It introduced a lot of humor into the drama making it more lighthearted than it might otherwise have been. The writers gave us many glimpses into Korean culture too (wedding ceremony customs, snake drink, bowing to Buddha ...) which was nice and made the drama memorable.  

I think he will be good in a comedy so even though I have said I don't want to see him in another romantic drama, I will make an exception if it's a romantic comedy – one in the style of Full House.

Guest honzbear

However, I have not seen Gwanggaeto the Great so I'd be clueless to discuss anything.

rubie, are you not interested in watching it or are you saving it up to watch in the future?

I think he's too good of an actor to return to playing in weekend family dramas. He has too many diverse talents. I would like to see him in a major motion picture where he can act his macho self. I don't think he's been in a movie before, just TV dramas. If he can secure a role in a movie and the movie is successful, it will really enhance his career. I really look forward to him getting into a project like this ... I think if he gets cast in something like what Lee Byung Hun usually gets cast in, he will do very well in it. They both have the same aura of manliness and coolness (though I am not a fan of Lee Byung Hun). However, these days not that many good movies are being made compared to the heyday of Korean cinema so there would be a lot of competition to get cast in movies.

I trust Lee Tae Gon has good instincts about what to go for and I really shouldn't worry. Something good will come his way. If he is paired with a sexy actress then it will be even better. So far most of his co-stars have been 'good girl' types or played 'good girl' characters.

Guest katherinekang

Oh, the only LTG drama with English subtitles is Love in Heaven (thank god, cos I really love that drama). In Singapore, most of his dramas are sub Chinese ( I am actually hopeless in Chinese, being a Chinese myself)

Love in Heaven is wonderful, I think u would remember the part where after the wedding and the hotel scene, I love his swing in the bathroom. That's what I call extreme sexy and fantastically charming. If LTG swing infront of me, I will definitely swoon. Anyway, when he speaks gently in KGTG, I swooned.

Anyway, I told my fren that when she is in Korea, she must get Winter Bird and Detective Mr Lee for me or 'die badly'. I will buy KGTG here in Singapore at any price! I hope it will be English sub, if not, I will re-study my Chinese in desperation.

Honzbear, I was wondering how you manage to see all three dramas in bits and pieces cos I will enchew each at a time. But, what the heck, don't we all do that sometimes!!

Archived