[variety] Line Up! 라인업!

Guest silverwingz

I'm in the process of watching this episode, and it seems like SBS is trying to take a leaf from MBC's book...

The first episode of any variety show is usually confusing, and a bit boring, and this was no exception. However, I thought it was funny that many of the gagman on this show, were actually guests on Infinity Challenge when it first started - the layout of the program seems very similar as well. In fact, one of the MCs even jokingly said that this show would (roughly translated) "catch [up]" with Infinity Challenge (as in they will beat them out). They even have some hidden camera footage and I'm seeing a lot of 호통 humour between members as well.

We all know that SBS has been "cancel happy" with their variety shows over the past year, so I'm guessing that they want to try something that they know will receive a good audience rating. Personally, I think it's the chemistry between members in Infinity Challenge that makes the show successful more than the actual missions, so we'll see if these members fit together as well as the Famous 6.

Nice first post ;)

anyways haven't watched it yet.. and it takes me about 4-5 episodes to decide if I'll follow it or not..

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest silverwingz

070922 Line Up -- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=57WF6JSK

credits to: Kalena85's cb

Don't forget. A lot of people didn't like Jiwhaza after watching the first episode because they compare it to Xman. Now everybody is sad that it was canceled. Same thing will probably happen to this one, who knows.

thanks for uploading, guys~

Guest i.said.hi

i thought the first episode was funny. XD LOL

now i think i have something to watch on saturdays.

SPOILERS:

OMG..LEE YOONSUK ACTUALLY BUNGEE JUMPED!!!!! OMFG. ITS HIS FIRST TIME EVER IN HIS LIFE, AND HIS ENTERTAINMENT CAREER. WOW.

Guest silverwingz

so glad to hear some positive feedback about the show. :D

i've just finished downloading it and will check it out soon.. hope i'll love it enough to add it to my regularly watched shows list ^^. but then again, i make my decision after a couple of episodes~ ;)

can you guys tell me wat variety shows are recent right now ??

Line Up, & ? wat else

As in new? This show and that's about it. Other shows have been going on since summer, if you want to find out what shows they are. Just go through the pages because they have most recent comments in there respective threads.

Guest silverwingz

i just finished watching it... it wasn't exactly boring... but i wasn't holding my stomach laughing, either. this is definitely something that needs subs.

anyway, there's heaps of things that i really don't get! how do the teams work? how do they decide who goes to the different places (bungee, sauna, etc...)?

in the hidden camera thing, were they bagging the MC or something? what'd Shin Jung Hwan say about Lee Kyung Gyu to make him chase after Shin Jung Hwan? lol...

i wish i could understand all the humour. u can tell when it's meant to be funny when you hear the added laughing in the background.. and it occurs heaps of times...

can you guys tell me wat variety shows are recent right now ??

Line Up, & ? wat else

what do u mean by recent? like ones that have just started? or ones that are still on?

haha yeah the kiss was funny.

i really thought yoon jong soo was actually gonna bungee jump after all those times on LL.

the part i didnt get was choosing the people to go to the sauna and the spa.

agree! that part was hilarious. shin jung hwan's facial expressions are always great. never fail to make me laugh.

the bungee was funny as well... the guy wearing orange (i think it was) was literally shaking by the knees! Yoon Jung Soo has had so many experiences at the bungee jump, but has never made the jump =_= when will he finally be able to jump? lol... don't u guys think he looked like a little boy sitting on the edge of the platform with his legs dangling down? it's coz he's so short and at the angle of the camera, it made him look really small.

lol at one of the dude's dirty underwear (ew.. brown stain...)! and whoah at the fire thing they did on Boom! Lee Yoon Suk and his expression while the lady was rubbing his body was hilarious as well! he looked really giddy. hahaha! some of these forms of massage or watever they were are weird. like that candle thing? n that fire thing? omg...

As others mentioned, this show, I think you have to know Korean to get the full effect. It's funny but I wish they would have different guests each week.

I watched it because I was curious but didn't like some of the guests. I sorry for Kim Gu-rah's fans, but I don't think he is funny and I hate his uppity attitude in all the shows he is in (Gold Fishery, Golden Bell, and etc.). There were some other comedian I didn't recognize and didn't think they were funny.

Anyway, it is mentioned that this show is "pilot" program and that in one month, one guest can be voted out by audience.

In the hidden camera thing, PD asks guests their "real feeling" about the show and about MCs. They were not told that their interview/questioning will be televised. . The reason why Shin Jung Hwan was running away from Lee Kyung Gyu is when asked which lineup (team) he wants to be in, Shin Jung Hwan said Yong-Man's. He didn't think Kyung Gyu and he were compatible. SJH mentioned that he and Kyung Gyu never had meals or drinks together. When asked if he's chosen to be in Kyung Gyu's lineup, what would he do, he said, he doesn't want to do it.

As for bungee jumping, they surveyed and asked what do they fear the most and bungee jumping was the top answer. So they chose 5 guests who said they fear bungee jumping.

As for deciding who gets to go to "heaven" and who gets to go to "hell", it's decided by MCs. They write down the names who they think should go to "hell" and if they both wrote same names, they are chosen to go to "hell" which happens to be Boom and Kim Gu-Ra. Boom and Gu-Ra dragged Kyung Gyu with them.

Those who went to "heaven" got top of the line massage. The cost of each massage is unbelievable.

Oh, forgot to mention the beginning of the show. Appearantly, they (PD or MCs) gave survey questions to the guests telling them their answers will be secrete. One of the question was among the members (in this show), who do you think will be "bad" in that will not be helping in getting popularity for the show. Second question was, who is/are your favorite MCs.

anyway, there's heaps of things that i really don't get! how do the teams work? how do they decide who goes to the different places (bungee, sauna, etc...)?

in the hidden camera thing, were they bagging the MC or something? what'd Shin Jung Hwan say about Lee Kyung Gyu to make him chase after Shin Jung Hwan? lol...

i wish i could understand all the humour. u can tell when it's meant to be funny when you hear the added laughing in the background.. and it occurs heaps of times...

what do u mean by recent? like ones that have just started? or ones that are still on?

agree! that part was hilarious. shin jung hwan's facial expressions are always great. never fail to make me laugh.

the bungee was funny as well... the guy wearing orange (i think it was) was literally shaking by the knees! Yoon Jung Soo has had so many experiences at the bungee jump, but has never made the jump =_= when will he finally be able to jump? lol... don't u guys think he looked like a little boy sitting on the edge of the platform with his legs dangling down? it's coz he's so short and at the angle of the camera, it made him look really small.

lol at one of the dude's dirty underwear (ew.. brown stain...)! and whoah at the fire thing they did on Boom! Lee Yoon Suk and his expression while the lady was rubbing his body was hilarious as well! he looked really giddy. hahaha! some of these forms of massage or watever they were are weird. like that candle thing? n that fire thing? omg...

Guest silverwingz

thanks mommie Alice for your explanations! Can't believe Shiin Jung Hwan blatantly said that about Lee Kyung Gyu.. so funny.. but I guess he wasn't aware there was a hidden camera... hehe..

the audience voting out one of the hosts is a cool idea... it's a bit mean and wouldn't it hurt them?? haha... i mean, they're entertainers and if they're voted out, that'd mean they're pretty crap~

Aah, I don't like Kim Gu Ra too! Just the way he acts.. Even his kid seems to act the same way as him (not good...) in Star Golden Bell... quite annoying...

There are so many guests that I really don't know... and they don't seem to have a connection with the other hosts, it seems... but it's only the first episode.. I'll have to see how it turns out in later episodes =)

I wonder who will be voted out. I'm excited to see this part in 4 weeks time. hehe...

its ok, not that bad but theres no way that it can compete with Mohan Dojun.

i don't think anything will be able to compete with Infinity Challenge... it's ratings are blooming around 25% each week (higher than some dramas!).

the point that this show is in the same timeslot at Infinity Challenge isn't very great, either~

Archived