Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest jessica1907

[Hong Kong TVB Drama 2006] Under The Canopy Of Love 天幕下的戀人

i remember i use to be obsessed with all tvb series..but now i rarely even finish one..

this one i find interesting though...i have no clue why..maybe it's the cast that appeals to me..i really like to see niki and kevin <3 although i love bosco...i wish there was somebody for him..??..i hope..also charles and natalie..i think those new guys are pretty good..better than some..can't wait to see more of it..

^^ watching charles and natalie part are funny wonder how they going to turn out...i wonder hwo the dad going to react if he knows that the grl was his daughter...and i wonder when that guy going ot find out that bosco is his son...

haha ok but isn't most of taiwanese series taken from manga are a remake? taiwan series also doesn't has their original plot/script and their acting are bad just that the actors/actress may be handsome or pretty so that's call interesting?? weird?? anyway i don't watch taiwan series.

Yeah, most of the taiwanese series are taken from the manga, as a remake. Sure, since they take the plot from mangas, the plot is not original, but the ideal that makes it appealing to people to watch is that the plot is stable. They have the plot, scripts, ending, they have all the criteria needed to shoot the series. Their acting are not that bad, but it's probably since the plot is so eye catching, some people tend to oversee their appearances, and delve deeper into the series.

Others, are just watching it cause their idol is there. :rolleyes:

Taiwanese series are very different from the HK ones, we see. TVB just gives out cliche, overused plots, which takes away some fans from watching it. The scenes are sometimes out of the blue, drags a problem out of nothing, or rushes the ending.

Whereas, taiwanese have the stuff already from the mangas. Not quite up to the original taste, but drives some people to watch it. I do watch both HK & Taiwanese series, but I have to say that both Taiwan & HK over use actors/actress too much. If a series gets really popular and such, they tend to use that actor/actress in another series/movie, and then you see them everywhere. It tends to make it boring. But, that's the way business is, I guess.

Guest Yueny

It's not that TVB series are unappealing, it's just that the plots are usually the same, and the endings are always screwed up.

Taiwanese series are mainly taken from mangas, where people find em more interesting.

Besides, it's always the same people acting in TVB, this year, no one different; same people, different series.

I'm contemplating on either if I should or not, cause Trimming Success sucked so bad, & WRTL's ending was screwed up. But, I'm not surprised if the ending gets whacked up though. It's just the way TVB works. :rolleyes:

yeah, thats what i always didnt like about tvb, its hard to get into the shows because they use the same actors over and over again. i think its difficult to compare the two regions though, tvb dramas usually try to appeal to a wider audience base, an older demographic. while taiwan dramas are mostly idol based, as opposed to plot oriented, targeting kids under 18. i don't know anybody over the age of 20 who watches idol dramas on a regular basis.

so, usually teens like taiwanese dramas better while adults like tvb more, at least thats the impression i get.

But, then kdramas are cliche, well, that's just me.

They're just a tad bit better than hk series. They're also kind of over-rated sometimes. :ph34r:

Well, maybe just the movies ...

The themesong sucks for this series, lol. It's so fricking slow. Godddd, I hate it when Kevin does the themes. :rolleyes:

^ I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I never liked it when Kevin did themesongs. Well, I just liked the subtheme he did for Yummy Yummy. TS's theme sucked big time though. Oo;;

I guess, I'm not a fan of UTCOL much. The first ep is boring too. =/

i like UTCOL - it's pretty good + funny. It sorta reminds me of a korean/TW series because of its concentration on love + relationships and the themesong is quite good too.

Bosco's character is hilarious.

So far so good, i'll continue watching it.

Me 2..I reminds me of a korean drama..As every ep, there will be a title..

Bosco's character is so funny but his hair not nice.

Kevin cheng looks cool in his suit..I like his OS, it so realistic..

Guest jessica1907

hmm..let me ask are the people who dislike this serie are from hongkong? I find that people from hongkong like to look down their countries series. I only started to watch TVB not long ago and addicted to it. I don't understand cantonese at the same time by watching TVB series i can learn cantonese.

Before i watched TVB, i actually addicted to korean drama but lose interest because they are too boring, storylines alway the same and they only involve love stories and nothing else. while TVB series interest me because they are more fast-pace, i like those police or solving mystery series. I know that TVB seldom has drama involve in love stories and i find this series pretty interesting. Maybe because i speak mandarin and i find taiwan series even worse than Hongkong series. But i have to admit that TVB series should stop asking actors to sing the theme and sub theme song and they really need to improve their song and find a better composers.

^exactly

i like to branch out to other countries (korea/taiwan)

but i like tvb... there's a lot of different genres... but themesongs aren't so bad (raymond fan :)

(cantonesegirl)

plus, the whole lilt about "sau au mei" (buck tooth mei) was hilarious :)

I'm not from HK, but I understand cantonese. I'm not tryna look down on the series, but most of the TVB stuff are like crap nowadays. Back then, in the 90s, was much better, and well developed; well some of them were.

I actually like the themesong, it's growing on me.

Finally got the time to watch this and I like it so far.

Bosco's character is always so funny (;

The themesong first time heard not nice..second time heard, not bad..

But Kevin cheng voice not matched with niki chow..

Bosco is so funny, i think a bit over..Esp the part where he changed his pant for kevin..He wear a short and went out :lol:

Who is the girl acted as Niki chow's elder sister? IMO, i prefer Angela tong to act this character.

I have no idea what her name is ^^, but i HATE her character all she cares about is MONEY MONEY AND MONEY, it pisses me off when she was using Bosco etc.. and i actually really like the themesong ^^

But i have to admit that TVB series should stop asking actors to sing the theme and sub theme song and they really need to improve their song and find a better composers.

i actually prefer actors to sing the theme & sub songs (for the most part..) cause it gives it a different feel. i actually love tvb theme songs (again, for the most part), i think a lot of them are great. as for this song, niki is a singer and kevin started out in the entertainment circle as a singer.. he actually won some award before.

personally, i like this particular themesong a lot, i think the singing is OK, passable.