Park Ki Woong 박기웅

ecs707a

PKW's birthday is near and he is asking his friends (and fans) to make donations to the people in Cambodia instead of giving presents to him.

He's really a good man!

캄보디아에 오지 마을에는 아직도 깨끗한 식수가 공급되지 않아 많은 아이들이 각 종 질병에 노출되어 있다고 합니다. 여러분의 따뜻한 마음을 모아 이들에게 사랑의 우물을 선물 해주세요! http://t.co/XR3z5zU4R7

— 박기웅 (@woonggnoow)

February 3, 2014

And I liked that he wrote in Korean and English jeje

I'm Spanish, I understand pretty well English and Korean (better English than Korean) but I don't speak both languages well  ㅠㅠ yet

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dr25 said: @ecs707a I have a confession to make ._.

Last time when you gave me the links to Win win show, I didn't watch them and kept them bookmarked since then. I just came around watching them now.. :D

-I need to drop by JooWoon's thread for the rest of the show. It was cut when he was crying cuz he's 'changed' *sigh*. Nice siggy BTW ;))
:\">

Lol, I didn't think you'd actually watch the whole thing!  I swear I wasn't trying to convert you to the JW love.  The Win Win links were originally from ahboo's site (now defunct) so I was surprised that the any of the links still worked for that interview.  She stopped uploading stuff when KBS world started putting their shows on youtube.  I have the whole thing saved, but surely there is an alternate streaming link somewhere.  And yes, you are welcome to drop by the JW thread if you wish.  Most likely someone there knows where to find the rest of the interview.  It's a friendly crowd
And my signature, that's my original actor vs. real life personality conundrum, lol.  Like Shunji rescuing kittens, and Shinichi cuddling Woo-shik like a teddy bear, I've had my moment of cognitive dissonance at Gaksital dissolving into giggle fits.

- The part where PKW said " Joowoon is good with everyone on set not cuz it'll make his job/acting easier but cuz he has it in him" Gaaaah <3
I like his introspection and putting it in his usual straightforward way He seemed like one of those friends who'd talk about delicacies and still manage to make them matter (or maybe I'm imposing one of my friend's image on him ) I believe I respect him (or what I've seen of him) more than I think of him as the hotie of the town, not that he's not good looking for he is.

They both seem like sweet, thoughtful people.  That for sure is demonstrated in the Win Win interview for both of them.  I can see why they got along so well on set.

-"Don't people get the wrong idea about the two of you?" Thanks for speaking my mind. Host-nim

Heh.  Yes.
I have been compiling all my Gaksital bts and lamenting the fact that I only have such crappy quality versions of all the cute between those two.
I'm sure you've seen these, @dr25, but I'm gonna post 'em anyway

Like this (credit):

And I still don't know what was going on here (credit):

And the hug, and the hair stroking (d'awww):

Oh boys, your tragic, ill-fated love (lol) onscreen, and your adorable puppy antics offscreen...

Hmm...I think he's been cast in "Made in China"?  Lots of articles.  Apparently it's about eels.  There was an article on dramabeans about it a while ago, about Han Chae Ah considering a role in the same movie.  I knew I had heard of it somewhere.  Haha, I really hope Han Chae Ah is actually doing this too.  I love them both, and they are great onscreen together.

Oh, here we go.  An English version:

Park Ki-woong to star in Kim Ki-duk's "Made In China"

photo398670.jpg

Actor Park Ki-woong has been cast for the main role of the movie "Made In China".

Kim Ki-duk Films' "Made In China" is the debuting product of director Kim Dong-hu and this movie delivers a message about human introspection.

Park Ki-woong stars in the movie as Chen and will co-star with Han Chae-ah. He's been analyzing his character carefully from hairstyle to concept and working hard to become Chen.

Producer Kim Soon-mo claims, "Park Ki-woong is full of emotions on the inside. The role of Chen should bring out the intensity in him".

Meanwhile, Park Ki-woong debuted in 2005 with the movie "Ghost Story" and starred in various dramas and movies such as "Secretly and Greatly", "Arrow, The Ultimate Weapon", "Someone Behind You", KBS 2TV "Bridal Mask" and more.

Source : original, English

And yay!  Shunji and Rie are back together!

And an article about it from Dramabeans (haha, javabeans agrees with me, except I think I would be okay with more murderous conflict/tragic commiseration):

Park Ki-woong joins Han Chae-ah in Made In China

by javabeans | February 5, 2014

Casting finalizations are in for the Kim Ki-duk Film production Made In China, with Han Chae-ah now confirmed (having been previously considering) and Park Ki-woong joining her as leading man. Aw, Shunji and Rie, together again. (Hopefully not at each other’s throats in murderous-conflict-slash-tragic-commiseration this time around.)

Read the rest here.

Last tweets

tweet (
Feb 06, 12:22pm)"공부하기 힘들다ㅜㅜ시간이 아쉽다. 멍때리고 있어" Studying is hard. Sad time. I am zoning out837445869_zpsbdc27d27.jpg

tweet (today 3:16pm):"집가는길~~차안에서~~~곤피곤피ㅜㅜ;;;"Way home~~  In the car~~~tired, tired (redtiredti*) ㅜㅜ;;;" 
*change of the order of the letter to be cuter.837637943_zpsac8304d4.jpg

Note: I guess that all of you follow him on twitter so I'm not sure to keep posting the pictures with the tweets translations or just post the translation. I would like to read your opinions. ㅋㅋ

na71 said:
Nore: I guess that all of you follow him on twitter so I'm not sure to keep posting the pictures with the tweets translations or just post the translation. I would like to read your opinions. ㅋㅋ

@na71, muchas gracias for the translations!
And I would say that it's up to you whether you want to post the pics or not.  Whatever is easiest for you.  You're already linking back to the specific message, so we can always just click through if you would rather not repost the pic.

@na71

For translating from/to languages non of them is your first tongue, you deserves double credit. If wasn't for your help we would've been stuck with Google idiotic almost frustrating translation which could by no mean tell us that uri PKW was trying to write gayumi tweets XD He's a total kyopta whether he syllable switches or talks straight ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I studied translation and might end up making it a profession...so I have an idea it can be hard work amigo. Kamsa

I like seeing the pics with each tweet but as my friend here said, it's up to you. Whatever you're better comfortable with :) I know thu many at Soompi pass by in search of pictures namely. I suspect pics will suit them best.

AND

Whaaaaaaat @ $-) $_$

Rai & Shinji together again!

I third you @ecs707a and Javaneans and say amen. They look pretty good on screen. Both seem to drive good performance form each other. Dunno it's like in the air. They help elevate each other's performances. T.o.t.a.l.l.y on my to-watch list. 2014 might become my fav year in terms of KShowBiz-related productions.

I was already on the edge of falling into a valley of JW's charms before watching the WinWin show you linked me, you (and PKW in a way) just helped me make a conscious leap that's all :D

You do seize all opportunities to put in some Gaksital scenes ;)) First love is what counts, they say. ;)

@Irish_law

Waves back *^*

I'm watching Age of Feelings too and I keep remembering Gaksital scenes by the sets

ㅠㅠ. If I'm not mistaken, the unmasking scene set was used in AF already.

And you're most welcome :)

Beating Hearts episode 15 screencaps (aired February 4, 2014):
beating15_zpse865d8a2.jpg~original
Someone needs to give this guy a talk show or something already.  He just seems to have this way of making people comfortable enough to talk about personal things.

I'm so glad he decided to do this show, even though he describes himself as not good at variety.  I can see why he would say that.  He's not very outgoing, and not funny in the aggressively jokey way that people seem to expect sometimes, but this show is really perfect for someone like him.  I like that he takes this seriously (and the rest of the cast too).

Which is not to say that he isn't funny.  He cracked me up again with the return of the laser-focus fire hose bowling this episode.

And no episode this week.  But it is someone's birthday tomorrow...

Today 심장이뛴다 (Heart is beating) broadcast was cancelled.But I found some videos on youtube. This was really fun, uri Kiwoong singing trot:

If I'm honest, I have a lot of interest in next episode (16) and I need to wait another week. ㅠ.ㅠThe reason is this video: 
He says: Nuna... ehm... this... I going to try to say something... I love you... It's good... my mind (heart) feels relieved
Note: I have some tweets to translate... next time! =)

na71 said: Today 심장이뛴다 (Heart is beating) broadcast was cancelled.But I found some videos on youtube. This was really fun, uri Kiwoong singing trot:

If I'm honest, I have a lot of interest in next episode (16) and I need to wait another week. ㅠ.ㅠThe reason is this video: 

He says: Nuna... ehm... this... I going to try to say something... I love you... It's good... my mind (heart) feels relieved
Note: I have some tweets to translate... next time! =)

Um, what?  Ha.  That's Hye Bin, right?  I wonder what was going on there.  There are times when I have wondered if maybe he might possibly have a tiny crush on her...lol.  But you don't just declare your love for someone on camera...right?  Hmmm...  Maybe he was just trying to get her to wake up and get out of bed.

I already was sad about no episode this week (again!), and now I have added "dying of anticipation" to the list too.  It's all your fault, @na71!

But thanks for the singing clip too.  So funny.  If you're in the mood for more singing, here's a bit more from the birthday thing the other day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyLpUeQrK9Q

ibkBKBq4S6kty5.gif

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY Park Ki Woong!

Note the lil Shunji & firefighter PKW topping the bday cake :x I love how even Korean fans still remember the awesom-est villain ever, Kimura Shunji. I'm still in love with the character myself ;;). lol the gun it's pointing XD.

Birthday wish: I wish for this time next year to come visit you with all the healthiness and wealthiness it could carry from now til then. 

Ahem..I know he can't read English and even if he could, he wouldn't be camping at Soompi but I felt like posting my wishes anyway :P

dr25 said:
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY Park Ki Woong!

Note the lil Shunji & firefighter PKW topping the bday cake :x I love how even Korean fans still remember the awesom-est villain ever, Kimura Shunji. I'm still in love with the character myself ;;). lol the gun it's pointing XD.

Birthday wish: I wish for this time next year to come visit you with all the healthiness and wealthiness it could carry from now til then. 

Ahem..I know he can't read English and even if he could, he wouldn't be camping at Soompi but I felt like posting my wishes anyway :P

But but but...have you read this article?  That totally means he's reading this, right?  Haha.

I noticed the Shunji on the cake too.  Awww, Shunji.  Of course that's a character that deserves to be remembered, but I also wonder if it's a gentle hint/reminder that people want him back in a drama, ASAP.  It's kind of been a while at this point (Good Doctor cameo excluded), even though he's been doing movie after movie and is still on TV every week anyway (even though it's not a drama).  I'd like to see him in a drama again too, but as long as he's happy and hasn't disappeared completely, that's enough for me.

na71 said:

I agree that he wouldn't be camping at Soompi   but PKW can read English. If I'm not mistaken he even earned some money teaching English while he was in college or something like that. I'm not pretty sure the exact period of time, but I think I learned about that in one of his interviews.

ecs707a said:

I already was sad about no episode this week (again!), and now I have added "dying of anticipation" to the list too.  It's all your fault, @na71!

I wasn't alone with all the "dying of anticipation" ㅋㅋㅋ Tomorrow is the day!  hahaha

I don't think is a real confession, because there wasn't any news about that and even the video title it was just so-so.

I don't think PKW will confess in public, he's really a shy guy and someone that will protect his love... But sometimes we think that we know the actors we like based on interviews, SN posts, etc but, for me, I don't think I really know the real him. I just guess the PKW I know will not confess on air.
But who knows... maybe tomorrow I'll get surprised.

I agree with what you said, that you don't think he would ever do that.  I don't think he was being serious here.  But it's a mystery so far, that maybe will be resolved tomorrow.
But I have to admit, I replayed it about a thousand times because it's awfully cute, whatever it means.

It's interesting, though, that they chose to release that clip.  They're somewhere I don't recognize from the show, so I think they shot it in that house that I guess they've been staying at while they're filming.  Either that or it's at the next location that they went to (the upcoming episode should be the last Gangnam episode, if the 4 episode/location pattern holds).  I never even would have known about them staying together when they film, because they've never shown that in the show, only in that BTS from a few weeks ago.
This one:

They only ever air things that happen at the fire station (or directly related to their work there).  The only non-work cast interactions we see are the ones that happen at the fire station.  I don't know why suddenly they've decided to film BTS stuff too.  Or they've been doing that all along, and only recently they decided to release some of the clips?  But never in the actual episodes, so far anyway.  So I wonder if this is even going to be in episode 16 (or any episode).

@ecs707a Next episode is going to be a special one: "Our neighborhood (우리 동네)" and the different members will go to differents neighborhoods. We know about all of them but not PKW, it wasn't in the preview.Maybe because PKW's neighborhood is Gangnam.short version:

Perhaps, after that, they are going to another location or... we're not going to see the behind escenes in the boradcast episodes and won't satisfy our curiosity... if this is true... I'm going to get mad! I wan't to watch the whole scene!... please.... SBS make a special program ㅋㅋ with more behind scenes. It would be good, to relieve my heart once in a while, cos sometimes the reality of the world (what we watch in this program) is really sad and hard.

About military service, the first notice was that he was enlisting last year on october. The news were before he changed his manager company so... well, finally it was delayed (no news about that) and now we have a new date that will be the date to say "See you soon" ㅠㅠ But he leave us with a film, the wait won't be that long...
At first, they said that he was going to the department of Publics realtions in the Police Office of Seoul, other said in the Theatre Group at Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency... for me it sounded like the celebrity soldier unit so I wasn't happy... because we know that he's a sportman and he's good.Now WaveOne ENt. is saying that he'll be a normal police, not in any public or promotion unit...So if we go to Korea in the next 2 years... maybe we can meet him in the streets on Seoul ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Oops I wrote a lot, sorry  :\">

@na71 Thank you for correcting me ;;) I now have an extra reason to post things at this thread :P

@ecs707a  :( I assume the drama we both want won't be coming any soon. At least we expected the enlistment; weren't taken aback by it and as Na71 said..we might get to meet him if we head to Korea anytime next year XD Thu I know not of any problem-free reason for one to end up at a police station, lol.

Archived