Park Ki Woong 박기웅

ecs707a

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi :D

Thanks for the on going updating @ecs707a :x

I owe this guy this post of fair praise and gratitude for the parts he contributed with in my life as a movie/drama viewer.

My favorite drama character is Kimura Shunji which he brought to life brilliantly. I first saw him in a Man's Story and putting sweet Masanger in contrast with the round not-very-sweet Shunji compells me to acknowledge him as an "above-average actor" as he said he'd like to be described. Looking at him I can't believe it has been 10 years since his debut but looking at his works, I can totally see the 10 years experience executed.

That KBS best supporting actor award he had sooooo freakn earned it.

Upon reading that Dramabeans article about him, I venture to say he's a fellow introvert since he finds parties awkward.. which is...aww
;;) sweet coming from a movie star.

Here are some videos of the Slingshot bts taken from the Japanese DVD of the drama. I hope they worn't posted before.

- One extra plus for Park Ki Woong is him being a good actor first then a hottie; meaning he didn't/doesn't make his way through ShowBiz via good looks which in turn gave him access to acting opportunities, no!. He's a hottie no doubt but even if he weren't, his actting would've paved him a nice clean road to great projects. I hope he'll become more celebrated within--let's see.......the next two years. He's not the "I MUST BE THE LEAD TO TAKE A PROJECT" kinda actor. Still he does "the best he can", as he once said, with whatever role he takes which is a lot of ability and virtual vision. I wish I can write in Korean to make sure this post of gratitude reaches him, but maybe on another day ;)

Love this one best! Philip Lee & Park Young ha were teasing him about how his character moves ;))
Couldn't find it :( I'll hopefully look it up again later cuz it's 4:16 AM where I am. I'm half asleep already lol ;)) I can of course delete the line above but I prefer not for now you know such kawai vid exists. :)>-

Take care fellow fans :-*

dr25 said: Hi :D

Thanks for the on going updating @ecs707a :x

I owe this guy this post of fair praise and gratitude for the parts he contributed with in my life as a movie/drama viewer.

My favorite drama character is Kimura Shunji which he brought to life brilliantly. I first saw him in a Man's Story and putting sweet Masanger in contrast with the round not-very-sweet Shunji compells me to acknowledge him as an "above-average actor" as he said he'd like to be described. Looking at him I can't believe it has been 10 years since his debut but looking at his works, I can totally see the 10 years experience executed.

That KBS best supporting actor award he had sooooo freakn earned it.

Upon reading that Dramabeans article about him, I venture to say he's a fellow introvert since he finds parties awkward.. which is...aww
;;) sweet coming from a movie star.

Here are some videos of the Slingshot bts taken from the Japanese DVD of the drama. I hope they worn't posted before.

- One extra plus for Park Ki Woong is him being a good actor first then a hottie; meaning he didn't/doesn't make his way through ShowBiz via good looks which in turn gave him access to acting opportunities, no!. He's a hottie no doubt but even if he weren't, his actting would've paved him a nice clean road to great projects. I hope he'll become more celebrated within--let's see.......the next two years. He's not the "I MUST BE THE LEAD TO TAKE A PROJECT" kinda actor. Still he does "the best he can", as he once said, with whatever role he takes which is a lot of ability and virtual vision. I wish I can write in Korean to make sure this post of gratitude reaches him, but maybe on another day ;)

Love this one best! Philip Lee & Park Young ha were teasing him about how his character moves ;)) Couldn't find it :( I'll hopefully look it up again later cuz it's 4:16 AM where I am. I'm half asleep already lol ;)) I can of course delete the line above but I prefer not for now you know such kawai vid exists. :)>-

Take care fellow fans :-*

Hi dr25!  Thanks for the videos.  I had not seen any Story of a Man bts before.  Makes me miss our ragtag team of good guys.  Kyung-tae is the first role I saw PKW in.  I watched Story of a Man when I was waiting for Gaksital to start, so I went straight from sweet Kyung-tae to scary Shunji, lol.  But he was awesome as both characters.  And please do look for the video you couldn't find.  It sounds funny :)

ecs707a said: Hi @dr25!  Thanks for the videos.  I had not seen any Story of a Man bts before.  Makes me miss our ragtag team of good guys.  Kyung-tae is the first role I saw PKW in.  I watched Story of a Man when I was waiting for Gaksital to start, so I went straight from sweet Kyung-tae to scary Shunji, lol.  But he was awesome as both characters.  And please do look for the video you couldn't find.  It sounds funny :)

dr25 said: Mazenger to Shunji straight... must've been a rough trans, lol. Although it was the same for me but I watched the Slingshot in 2012 and just came around watching Gaksital last month. Less of a shock ..lol :P  How I miss that team of good hot guys.. :x Couldn't find the vid..There are so many on utube..I remember marathoning them when I first finished the drama. The ones I posted here were in my utube fav list thus easily accessed.

Worse, I didn't get a chance to finish Story of a Man when Gaksital started and completely sucked me in.  No brainspace for any other dramas at that point, ha.  When it was over, I finished Story of a Man.  So that's like a, what...Shunji sandwich?  With a side of whiplash?

I'm putting Behind You on pause to write this post. I hate horror movies but how can I resist exploring Kiwoong's talent in a different genre ?! Secretly Greatly is being downloaded too. Yes I'm officially all in for this namja's awesomeness

I haven't watched any of his movies yet.  War of the Arrows will be the first, I think.

ecs707a said:

Worse, I didn't get a chance to finish Story of a Man when Gaksital started and completely sucked me in.  No brainspace for any other dramas at that point, ha.  When it was over, I finished Story of a Man.  So that's like a, what...Shunji sandwich?  With a side of whiplash?

I haven't watched any of his movies yet.  War of the Arrows will be the first, I think.

More A Man's Story related videos

Park Kiwoong's NG cut ;))

http://youtu.be/13-MH1Qp8Lk

A cut of adorable Kiwoong's scene

http://youtu.be/d_w3jBDIg9M

Makings

Mazanger ( Park Ki Woong) & Kimshin ( Park Young Ha) first meeting at the Muse cafe

Cast cracking up upon thier fellow co-star falling off the chair, repeatedly lol. They seemed like a bunch of schoolers XD

BTS of the good guys team formation..

@mikeymeeks Did I see you in Faith thread lately? I did and you said you liked the show, right? Sorry if it wasn't you but I guess it's you..so Hi again :D Which of Kiwoong's shows you've watched so far?

dr25 said:

ecs707a said:

You cracked me up with the Shunji sandwich. Though ...putting it this way shouldn't be funny ..XD Shunji---> Sandwich ----> Food ---> Ice cracking scene. XD

Ummm..After watching Someone is Behind you I can by all fairness describe it as another horror movie using blood, murder, and nonsensical as its essence. Alas! My wasted time. Its only merit is enabling me to revisit the evil Shunji-like Kiwoong (if one can count that as such ).

I'll start downloading War of Arrows soon. Let me know when you'll watch it. Maybe we can have a good discussion about it here.

As for Secretly Greatly, I totally loved it! I don't watch many Korean movies. Still, I'd say it's a great watch; by all means genuine. I didn't see anything coming. It starts as one genre then gradually and, strangely enough, radically shifts to another throughout. Awesome really. It left me with those deep never probably answered questions.

I have the movie in HD on my laptop. I'll hopefully pop in next time with some gifs from it The rockstar look was eye-pleasing on Kiwoong.

P. S: I'm surely giving Beating Hearts a look sooooon chingus. You're teasing me with all those updates.

Edit:
I tried looking for Beating Hearts links but couldn't find any..I'd appreciate it if anyone can post some here. DramaFever/Viki don't work for me There's a 2005 drama by the same name on Gooddrama 0_o I got confused.

I don't watch many k-movies either.  Which is why the to-watch list keeps growing, I guess
I will let you know when I get around to War of the Arrows.  And I do want to see Secretly Greatly too (also on the list, lol).  Thanks for the reviews.  And yes please, on the gifs   I liked the orange hair too.

The only place I know of for English subbed Beating Hearts is viki, which you said you tried.  Only a few episodes are actually subbed, though, so you aren't really missing much in terms of the subtitles themselves.  Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much international interest in the show.  I did start a thread for it here because I really do love it, and not just because it's my weekly PKW dose.  I've been downloading raws and just watching those.  I've only bothered to watch one episode subtitled so far.  I'm sort of saving them for later, I guess.  Maybe they will all be fully subbed by the time I get around to wanting to watch with subtitles, lol.  I like it plenty even without though.

More A Man's Story related videos

Park Kiwoong's NG cut

A cut of adorable Kiwoong's scene

Haha, so cute in the NG cut!  I wonder how many NGs those headphones caused throughout that drama.  And I love that scene with Eun Soo.  Thanks for the other bts too.  I spy Gaksital director!  I had almost forgotten that he directed Story of a Man too.  I guess I would have remembered that better if I had watched all the Story of a Man bts a million times already like I have with Gaksital, lol.

@ecs707a

I was a bit surprised to see a fimiliar face directing the actors in Gaksital's bts. It took me a minute to realize he's the Slingshot director. I was like...mystery solved •_• The guy who directed my fav KDram, the Slingshot, turned to be the very same guy who dircted the one that beat it to that place. No wonder. Drama much but fact.

I actually dropped by the show's thread earlier today :) cuz I read your conversation with another member here in her blog; one of the reasons I wanted to watch it. Thank you for starting the thread.

Hey @dr25 I've watched many dramas, for example Faith. I've watched Full House 2 and Gaksital that stars PKW. In my opinion, the PKW in Full House 2 was not that good, but In Gaksital he was my favorite. Despite being Lee Kang-to's frenemy, he was flawless. Out of all the dramas I've watched so far, he's one of the best characters in a drama that wowed me.

Another from the SBS Entertainment Awards
2013sbsentertainmentpkwtwitter_zpscaeb48
source
Some more cuteness from the SBS awards (the smiles, they kill me):
2013sbsawards-pkw1_zps2feaf287.jpg~origi

And he presented the Best Supporting Actor/Actress awards at the 2013 KBS Drama Award ceremony.  Some screencaps:
pkwkbsdramacrop1_zps68ee086d.jpg~origina
I'm not sure how I feel about the hair... :)

Gah love the looks looove it...

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae211/ecs707a/pkw/2013sbsawards-pkw1_zps2feaf287.jpg~original

The smiles are :x- ahh . I'm in love with them; I made a gif of him gigling and smiling before seeing his pics on the SBS awards. Didn't know he attended. 

i5T6xbS3oFIJG.gif

Left the colors untouched @ecs707a for you to see the orange as it is..Maybe it'll tempt ya to watch the movie ;))

iIY2Bu8Fe3nIF.gif

ir32Vey9tueK7.gif

I know smoking is supposedly a turn off but I found myself giffing this B-) We've seen the evil PKW, now it's the badass devil may care rockstar :P

dr25 said: Gah love the looks looove it...

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae211/ecs707a/pkw/2013sbsawards-pkw1_zps2feaf287.jpg~original

The smiles are :x- ahh . I'm in love with them; I made a gif of him gigling and smiling before seeing his pics on the SBS awards. Didn't know he attended. 

Left the colors untouched @ecs707a for you to see the orange as it is..Maybe it'll tempt ya to watch the movie ;))

I know smoking is supposedly a turn off but I found myself giffing this B-) We've seen the evil PKW, now it's the badass devil may care rockstar :P

Thanks for the gifs, @dr25!  And the orange hair, lol.  I'm not in love with the ponytail, but I do think he rocked the color.  I think I like the guitar one the best.  And what in the world is he smoking the last one???  Three cigarettes at once?  Too badass for just one?  Ha.  Yes, I'm going to have to get around to watching that.  Sooner rather than later, maybe

And the smiles...yes, pretty much the most adorable thing ever.  I want to tell him not to listen to his mom about too much smiling and looking like a wrung out rag!  Oh well, her advice seems to not have gotten through to him anyway, thank goodness

ecs707a said:Thanks for the gifs, @dr25!  And the orange hair, lol.  I'm not in love with the ponytail, but I do think he rocked the color.  I think I like the guitar one the best.  And what in the world is he smoking the last one???  Three cigarettes at once?  Too badass for just one?  Ha.  Yes, I'm going to have to get around to watching that.  Sooner rather than later, maybe :)

And the smiles...yes, pretty much the most adorable thing ever.  I want to tell him not to listen to his mom about too much smiling and looking like a wrung out rag!  Oh well, her advice seems to not have gotten through to him anyway, thank goodness :)

Archived