Park Ki Woong 박기웅

ecs707a

dr25 said:

ecs707a said:
And the smiles...yes, pretty much the most adorable thing ever.  I want to tell him not to listen to his mom about too much smiling and looking like a wrung out rag!  Oh well, her advice seems to not have gotten through to him anyway, thank goodness :)

You seem to have read, relatively, much about him to know what his mom thinks of how he smiles..I love how he easily/openly points out what others may consider as flaws or the like. I remember he did the same with Gaksital saying in Damsari's execution scene he thought he over acted with his facial expressions. Actors usually don't mention where they did wrong.

I remember him saying it when he appeared as a guest when Joo Won was on Win Win, but it seems like he's said it somewhere else too.  Can't remember when/where.  BTW, if you haven't seen that, you should consider watching it.  Sooo bromantic, lol.  I miss those two together.  My Shunji and Kang-to...

I found the links for the English subtitled episode here, and PKW is mostly in the last part (which still appears to be functional).  The adorable entrance in part 3, however, is not.  But maybe I can find the non-subbed version of that instead.  I'll look later.

And I gave in and watched the movie...I liked it a lot overall.  I kind of thought the second half (when it went all action movie on us) went on a bit too long?  Or maybe there was just too much going on with not a lot of explanation?  I don't know, maybe I missed some stuff too.  But I liked it a lot, even the ending.  All of their individual realizations about what their makeshift families (each other and the people in the town) meant to them were really well done (acting and writing) in the aftermath of realizing that they had been essentially abandoned.  So thanks for the gifs, again @dr25. Now I know what's going on in them, lol.

Also, I was trying to remember where else he said the thing about his mom, so I partially rewatched/fast-forwarded through the Happy Together episode with the Neverending Story cast (and I just realized that I lied when I said I hadn't watched any of his movies before; I've seen Neverending Story, haha.).  It wasn't there, lol.  But he told a story about his mom pointing out Uhm Tae Woong's muscular thighs in a photo, which I had forgotten about.   Ha.  His mom sounds like a riot.

And that made me dig this video out.  I remembered seeing it a while ago, but had to search for it again.  I have no idea when this is from originally.  And maybe you've seen it, but his parents are in this video (credit).

And this is pretty much the most stream-of-consciousness post ever, so I'll stop here

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ecs707a said: I remember him saying it when he appeared as a guest when Joo Won was on Win Win, but it seems like he's said it somewhere else too.  Can't remember when/where.  BTW, if you haven't seen that, you should consider watching it.  Sooo bromantic, lol.  I miss those two together.  My Shunji and Kang-to...
I found the links for the English subtitled episode here, and PKW is mostly in the last part (which still appears to be functional).  The adorable entrance in part 3, however, is not.  But maybe I can find the non-subbed version of that instead.  I'll look later.

And I gave in and watched the movie...I liked it a lot overall.  I kind of thought the second half (when it went all action movie on us) went on a bit too long?  Or maybe there was just too much going on with not a lot of explanation?  I don't know, maybe I missed some stuff too.  But I liked it a lot, even the ending.  All of their individual realizations about what their makeshift families (each other and the people in the town) meant to them were really well done (acting and writing) in the aftermath of realizing that they had been essentially abandoned.  So thanks for the gifs, again @dr25.  Now I know what's going on in them, lol.

Also, I was trying to remember where else he said the thing about his mom, so I partially rewatched/fast-forwarded through the Happy Together episode with the Neverending Story cast (and I just realized that I lied when I said I hadn't watched any of his movies before; I've seen Neverending Story, haha.).  It wasn't there, lol.  But he told a story about his mom pointing out Uhm Tae Woong's muscular thighs in a photo, which I had forgotten about. :)  Ha.  His mom sounds like a riot.

And that made me dig this video out.  I remembered seeing it a while ago, but had to search for it again.  I have no idea when this is from originally.  And maybe you've seen it, but his parents are in this video (credit).

And this is pretty much the most stream-of-consciousness post ever, so I'll stop here :)

Just because I miss Shunji...also because I backtracked and didn't see these ever posted here, so why not?  I think everyone could use a little more Shunji in their lives, right (well, at least non-murderous Shunji)?
My favorite Shunji stills:
real08_23e_zpsda51da22.jpg~original
real08_03e_zps31958537.jpg~original
real13_18e_zpsfc8abee5.jpg~original
real16_04e_zps1a5663b3.jpg~original
real19_04e_zpsdc36f00a.jpg~original
This one always just makes me think of Story of a Man.  And E.T.
real10_10e_zps2436d46a.jpg~original
And my two very most favorite of them all:
real15_09e_zps05013186.jpg~original
real13_20e_zps8a6f2330.jpg~original

dr25 said:
For the unearthing, fast-forwarding, and the stream of consciousness post, chunmal kamsa :) All are new info/ goodies for me. I did read about the surprise entrance and I watched him dance on the show but didn't get to watch his entrance cuz that day my connection was awful >_< I can probably find the cut if I track back my watched history on utube :)

lol, his mom :x She's probably one reason why he has that bright heart-warming smiles/gigles ;)) God bless her soul for gifting him to us.

@dr25, I found one that is almost just the missing part.  A little overlap.

More on the movie:

Spoiler

dr25 said:

ecs707a said:

And I gave in and watched the movie...I liked it a lot overall.  I kind of thought the second half (when it went all action movie on us) went on a bit too long?  Or maybe there was just too much going on with not a lot of explanation?  I don't know, maybe I missed some stuff too.  But I liked it a lot, even the ending.  All of their individual realizations about what their makeshift families (each other and the people in the town) meant to them were really well done (acting and writing) in the aftermath of realizing that they had been essentially abandoned.  So thanks for the gifs, again @dr25. ; Now I know what's going on in them, lol.

Secretly Greatly...ummm

if I tell ya I couldn't agree more, would that seem less genuine and more of a cliche? For I can't agree more; there were some parts that didn't make sense true but the overall outcome is good. If you're a great, highly-intelligent, highly-trained 1st class spy why would the simple thought of getting a tracking device out of your body not ocure to you despite the fact that it was put there by those who want to kill you even if it means coming to a land in which they will probably be executed if ever discovered?! Me no understand. Seems like the three heroes aimed to die but not without a fight first.

One shallow observation, was there something beyond bromance between the hero and the new young spy? Maybe I was imagining stuff but the way the latter looks at him and how he reacted when he put the hat on him seemed off bromance for me XD.

When I watch the news and see all those people in Syria for example dying cuz they wanted to make their country a better place, I ask myself if it really worth it y'know. The end reminded me of how many people around us are having the same fate. It's an ever lasting debate for me. Which is bigger or more important the country or the people?

Yeah, you'd think they would have remembered getting those things implanted.  Or been suspicious about something of the sort, at least.  Unless they were trained from birth, lol? 
It actually surprised me how much I liked the way it ended.  Bleak and hopeless maybe, but I can't think of another way to end it that doesn't feel false.  They died protecting what mattered to them, even if it took them that long to realize that that's what they wanted to protect.  Or at least that's the way I see it.  PKW's character dies to protect the other two from the immediate danger of the grenade in hopes that they remaining two can escape, and Kim Soohyun's character takes all those bullets to spare Lee Hyunwoo's character the pain before pulling them both over the edge, because he knows that Lee Hyunwoo's character would never be able to accept surrender.  Even though I think he still might have been considering surrendering himself, there was no turning back at that point or from that situation.  It would have been a betrayal to surrender and abandon his beloved killer puppy .  Even though I don't think there was any romantic feeling in that direction (KSH's character towards LHW's), he did love him in his own way and showed it by taking those (many) bullets and choosing to die with him instead of leaving him abandoned yet again.

So yes, I too think there was definitely at least a one-sided crush going on between lil' killer and Kim Soohyun's character.  Another interesting aspect of an interesting movie

This was posted in Joo Won's thread (thanks raito1310) from his DC.  I saved the link but only just now got around to watching it.  It's a Joo Sang Wook-focused Good Doctor bts video.  This version is just the scenes where Joo Won appears, and from 13:22 to 15:30 is bts of when they filmed the "Woong Ki" PKW cameo, if anyone's interested.

The video's here.

Beating Hearts episode 11 screencaps (aired January 7, 2014):
beating11b_zps6eac5286.jpg~original
*Minor episode 11 spoilers ahead (not spoiler-tagging because I don't think anyone cares, but if you do, don't read this part)*

Sad that we didn't get to see the triumphant return of the kitty whisperer.  Oh well.  But that was cute with the fans.  And the accidental groping, lol.  Suuure, you couldn't see what you were doing, Hye Bin.  I believe you... :)  Lucky girl, lol.

*end minor spoilers*

Also, still waiting for this to happen:
10prev_zps9e63e514.jpg~original
That and the singing to the old lady, bits of both of which were shown at the end of episode 10 and I was hoping would be in 11.  Hopefully both will be in 12.  Show, don't disappoint me!  You can't tease me like that!

Park Ki Woong - bnt International January 2014

And my fairest of them all:
;))

You might like to scroll down the pics with his voice singing as a background @ecs707a ;) I came around watching the show. However, how the scenes were arranged in addition to the lack of subs were pretty confusing couldn't tell teasers from sequence scenes; so that was a teaser...suka  :-B

Edit: Hope this post won't get missed up cuz soompi is starting to ddrive me up the wall with this..

More orange-haired PKW then.. :)
Park Ki Woong - GQ Magazine March Issue &#8216;13
Park Ki Woong - GQ Magazine March Issue &#8216;13
 @ ecs707a chingu..here's your orange pony-tail-less PKW. I stumbled upon these while scanning for the pic in the other post. Thought I bring them for ya ;))

Pics in this post and the previous one are courtesy to: http://kmagazinelovers.tumblr.com/tagged/Park-Ki-Woong

Edit: Sorry @readlead you ended up reacting to a totally dif post. Couldn't help the editing tho..
ping.php?iid=%7B7C24027C-FCD9-4C4F-A736-impression.php?i=%7B7C24027C-FCD9-4C4F-A

dr25 said: Park Ki Woong - bnt International January 2014

You might like to scroll down the pics with his voice singing as a background @ecs707a ;) I came around watching the show. However, how the scenes were arranged in addition to the lack of subs were pretty confusing couldn't tell teasers from sequence scenes; so that was a teaser...suka  :-B

Haha, I did as you suggested, @dr25.  It was weirdly dissonant, lol.  I'm not sure singing to old ladies goes with wacky hair and guyliner
But then I happened to be listening to this song while I was posting this, and I think Ki Woong would approve, being a fellow Radiohead fan:

Thanks for the flood of pics.  Such pretty eyes in these:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/bb6409451084393d169888123da05c15/tumblr_mzg4wmp4W81rcoad1o1_500.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/f370e0814ba8777b7a001d427fea19f6/tumblr_mzg4vf5Tsa1rcoad1o1_500.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/8fd25d20726b941d2882fed8c98d148f/tumblr_mzg4t8gPzR1rcoad1o1_500.jpg

And showing off the fabulous hair:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/ea9d46139aac96f297f22b8babe159c2/tumblr_mzg4rb1SLW1rcoad1o1_500.jpg

Cuddling with a flower (but not a lotus flower, haha)
http://24.media.tumblr.com/7f00718e6a634ef4b7d9ec6bb2c85730/tumblr_mzg4qiIDz91rcoad1o1_500.jpg

And I know what you mean about being confused about what is going on without subs.  I was pretty sure that part at the end of episode 10 was a teaser, but then it wasn't in 11, and I was like, noooo...you have to show me the rest of that, show!  That is not enough! 
I finally figured out that they put a little flag-like thing off the show logo when it's a preview or teaser.  You can see it in the screencaps where he's pointing at the TV (the red text with the exclamation mark).  In the earlier episodes, that was the only time they did that, so it was easy to figure out.  But they've started doing those things within the episode too (just with different text).  Sometimes the preview-flag thing has the exclamation mark and sometimes not, and sometimes they show the preview, and then tack on another random scene after that that isn't a teaser, just a random snippet of something.  So confusing.  And then they preview stuff several episodes before it actually happens.  There was something in 12 that I think they started showing previews for way back in episode 8.
Oh well, it hasn't stopped me from watching every week.  I do wish there were proper subs.  It would be helpful.

Stopping by here after watching Age of Feeling aka Inspiring Generation drama, coz I suddenly miss Gaksital and Kimura Shunji...I miss my Park Ki Woong!!! My Kiwi... kkkk :x

So glad this thread is still very much alive, thanks to fellow folks here *wave* @ecs707a @dr25 @chane019 @na71 and @readlead ^^/

I can not wait to see his new ZOMBIE movie kekekekek could this movie be the korean version of Warm Bodies? I'm not sure the female actress choice though *cough NGR cough* I was expecting someone else.

ecs707a said: Excerpt from gummimochi's year-end drama review article on Dramabeans about the MBC drama special:

Although there were plenty of other short drama offerings this year, MBC Drama Festival one-episoder Escaping Slavery was the only other mini-drama that made it on my list. And I’m not gonna lie: it had everything to do with Park Ki-woong playing a Joseon-era good-for-nothing aristocratic son, ignorant of the world beyond his privileged status.

The premise alone could have made for an entertaining hour of watching his world turned upside down after being sold into slavery. But along with the laughs, we also got a hero’s eye-opening journey of witnessing the social injustices brought upon by corrupt authority firsthand (and getting a taste of it himself, to much hilarity).

Even though I knew the show had only one hour to tell its story from start to finish, I was still surprised at how swiftly the story moved; often times it was as if I was watching a bedtime storybook (you know, the ones with a moral lesson at the end) in action, complete with a satisfying ending.

Both humorous and heart-tugging, there’s also an adorable bromance between the nobleman’s son and his slave, which is really just icing on the cake. So if you have an hour to spare, or you just want to see Park Ki-woong take a spin in the Torture Taco (à la Dr. Jin!), it’s a good hour worth spending.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

My thoughts:
I watched this raw and found it entertaining, even without knowing what anyone was saying.  There are no subtitles, as far as I know (but if anyone else knows, please enlighten me).  But it's good to see a positive review.

Irish_law said:

Stopping by here after watching Age of Feeling aka Inspiring Generation drama, coz I suddenly miss Gaksital and Kimura Shunji...I miss my Park Ki Woong!!! My Kiwi... kkkk :x

So glad this thread is still very much alive, thanks to fellow folks here *wave* @ecs707a @dr25 @chane019 @na71 and @readlead ^^/

I can not wait to see his new ZOMBIE movie kekekekek could this movie be the korean version of Warm Bodies? I'm not sure the female actress choice though *cough NGR cough* I was expecting someone else.

ecs707a said: Excerpt from gummimochi's year-end drama review article on Dramabeans about the MBC drama special:

Although there were plenty of other short drama offerings this year, MBC Drama Festival one-episoder Escaping Slavery was the only other mini-drama that made it on my list. And I’m not gonna lie: it had everything to do with Park Ki-woong playing a Joseon-era good-for-nothing aristocratic son, ignorant of the world beyond his privileged status.

The premise alone could have made for an entertaining hour of watching his world turned upside down after being sold into slavery. But along with the laughs, we also got a hero’s eye-opening journey of witnessing the social injustices brought upon by corrupt authority firsthand (and getting a taste of it himself, to much hilarity).

Even though I knew the show had only one hour to tell its story from start to finish, I was still surprised at how swiftly the story moved; often times it was as if I was watching a bedtime storybook (you know, the ones with a moral lesson at the end) in action, complete with a satisfying ending.

Both humorous and heart-tugging, there’s also an adorable bromance between the nobleman’s son and his slave, which is really just icing on the cake. So if you have an hour to spare, or you just want to see Park Ki-woong take a spin in the Torture Taco (à la Dr. Jin!), it’s a good hour worth spending.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

My thoughts:
I watched this raw and found it entertaining, even without knowing what anyone was saying.  There are no subtitles, as far as I know (but if anyone else knows, please enlighten me).  But it's good to see a positive review.

Can you share the link? ever since dramabeans made a review about it, I was starting to find the link but I found nothing. I don't think viki, gooddrama have that link >,< so hard to find.

@Irish_law, I'm not sure if any streaming sites have it (I downloaded it).  But try searching for "Swine Escape".  I think that's the alternate title.

@Irish_law  I was a little bit busy but I'm happy to be here now.
I'll try to be more active. ㅋㅋㅋ
Thanks for the mention. =)
About the Drama Festival
, I had a Link to watch it online but because I didn't have time I just favourited the link and didn't  download... ㅜㅜ Now is not available... ㅠㅠ I'll search for a new one.

@ecs707a Yes, they appeared on Radio Star today.
I think that MBC will upload the show to their official channel on youtube. Now they have some cuts.But for that ones that are like me and don't want to wait. I leave the links to watch the show:Part 1Part 2
I'm going to watch it now. But is late here. If PKW says something really interesting, I'll translate and put here. If I can ㅋㅋ

@ecs707a I have a confession to make ._.

Last time when you gave me the links to Win win show, I didn't watch them and kept them bookmarked since then. I just came around watching them now.. :D

-I need to drop by JooWoon's thread for the rest of the show. It was cut when he was crying cuz he's 'changed' *sigh*. Nice siggy BTW ;))
- The part where PKW said " Joowoon is good with everyone on set not cuz it'll make his job/acting easier but cuz he has it in him" Gaaaah <3
I like his introspection and putting it in his usual straightforward way :x He seemed like one of those friends who'd talk about delicacies and still manage to make them matter (or maybe I'm imposing one of my friend's image on him :P ) I believe I respect him (or what I've seen of him) more than I think of him as the hotie of the town, not that he's not good looking for he is. :\">
-"Don't people get the wrong idea about the two of you?" :)) Thanks for speaking my mind. Host-nim

Thank you chingu for the interview :) Hope you'll have a nice week starter.

Archived