Aria

cutiek028

Guest PecanPie02

hahahah.. i read this in my public library.. never knew there was an anime for it..

i read only up to vol. 1 is there more?? and if there is does it get better?

thanks for sharing..~

hahahah.. i read this in my public library.. never knew there was an anime for it..

i read only up to vol. 1 is there more?? and if there is does it get better?

thanks for sharing..~

Your welcome!

About the manga, I think in Japan they released about 8 Volumes.

They have 4 of the volumes in The Evil Empire.

In the United States they only translated 3 of the Volumes and then they stopped. I don't really now why. They said they were going to eventually continue but they never did.

And yeah! I think it gets waay waay better. (the anime gets really into the story)

Oh! And in the evil empire.com they have the manga Aqua, which is the prequel of the series!

So I think you should check it out! I recommend it! =)

Guest PecanPie02

OKIE!! the art was gorgeous so i guess i have nothing to lose..! thanks for the recommendation i was looking for an anime to watch and manga as well~~ ><

Your welcome!

I just finished Aria the Natural! Waaah! It was sooo sooo beautiful! I heard that there is a Season 3? I really hope so!

EDIT!!!

OMG! MAJOR NEWS! I WANNA FAINT! WAAAAH~~~

Okay okay..*cough*

There is a third season called Aria The Origination! A THIRD SEASON! I wonder if it's like a prequel though...it is called The Origination. But I don't really really think so since they put lots of flashbacks and background stories in Season 1 and 2.

An OVA will also be released this September! It's called Aria the OVA ~Arietta~ September is this month! YAY!

And guess what? I thought there were only 8 volumes of Aria. There are 10! TEN! And it's still ongoing.

And about the situation in the US. The manga (both Aqua AND Aria) were dropped by ADV and bought by Tokyopop who will be doing all the manga from scratch. But that was in 2006. And it's the end of 2007 already! Waaah~ Thank gosh for evil empire! =)

This is all from Wikipedia.

Wikipedia also says the demographic for this manga is Seinen?! 18–30 year old male audience?!!! A 30 year old guy watching this is sooooo pervy!!!! Waaah!

So yes! Update over. Anime splurge for the day complete! =D

Guest PecanPie02

Wikipedia also says the demographic for this manga is Seinen?! 18–30 year old male audience?!!! A 30 year old guy watching this is sooooo pervy!!!! Waaah!

So yes! Update over. Anime splurge for the day complete! =D

LOL.. SEIENEN.. LOL ahahahah so funnyy.. *dies from laughter.. I think some ppl on wiki DEF> got their INFO WRONG>> or yea LOl like you said pervy men!! shahhahaahh....

but on a more serious level..^^ heheh.. so from what you read so far,... is it like those romance, comical manga.. or something else (the 1st vol.. seriously through me off.. -____- and in this manga i dnt think i've seen a male lead just a sub male character.. that's weird...cuz i ALWAYS see a male lead character in these mostly nicely girlish mangas.. ) and no more dl my comp is about to bust lol.. so ive decided to watch the anime instead.. hehe okie thanks for the info..! again!!

LOL.. SEIENEN.. LOL ahahahah so funnyy.. *dies from laughter.. I think some ppl on wiki DEF> got their INFO WRONG>> or yea LOl like you said pervy men!! shahhahaahh....

but on a more serious level..^^ heheh.. so from what you read so far,... is it like those romance, comical manga.. or something else (the 1st vol.. seriously through me off.. -____- and in this manga i dnt think i've seen a male lead just a sub male character.. that's weird...cuz i ALWAYS see a male lead character in these mostly nicely girlish mangas.. ) and no more dl my comp is about to bust lol.. so ive decided to watch the anime instead.. hehe okie thanks for the info..! again!!

I hope the people on Wiki go their info wrong *shudder* lol

Anyways, I think the manga is mostly a Slice of Life kinda thing.

Their is a bit of romance later...and some hinting of some other romance...oh and then some really weird romance...lol (you'll see later)

In total I think they introduce about 4 main guys. Akatsuki the salamander (the guy with the long black ponytail who always calls Akari pigtails and works with controlling the weather), the old mail man, the sylph (he rides this flying bike thing all over the city to deliver packages), and Al the gnome (who is short, but really 19, and works underground controlling the planet's gravity). Throughout the series a lot of random people show up. One of them was a boy apprentice glassmaker who was really taken by Akari. And they're is also the King of Cats. Okay I'm really trying not to spoil! The rest of the cast are girls and they are all undines. Akari, Alicia, Alice, Aika, Akira, and Athena. And also the little girl Akari is always talking to, Ai-chan (she's not an undine though). And then the cats. And that's the whole cast pretty much. Akatsuki's older brother shows up like 4 times too... Oh and Grandma (who is Alicia's senior).

Wah~~~ so yes, just watch the anime. It goes beyond the 4 volumes of manga in the evil empire anyways. The anime is pretty much the same thing as the manga except just a few things are out of order, but no big deal!

Interesting, about the third season/series.

I really liked the first season. The second one was eh to me, and I quit watching it half way through. Maybe because it was too long or something. Although, I'll be watching the new season and hoping it'll keep me in like the first series did.

Interesting, about the third season/series.

I really liked the first season. The second one was eh to me, and I quit watching it half way through. Maybe because it was too long or something. Although, I'll be watching the new season and hoping it'll keep me in like the first series did.

The second season had a lot of episodes where not much happened. But I think if you ever have free time you should give it a shot till the end. I never got bored in any of the episodes though. It was really relexing for me and I got really into it. And I just wanted to see more and more! But I'm also excited about the 3rd Season! YAY!

I saw a preview for that Aria: The OVA: Arietta thing. It looked really interesting! (I think I saw some major drama!) I think they might have even altered the art work just a tiny bit.

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CnODlO8qkY

EDIT:

Okay! I rewatched it! Here is what I saw:

For some strange reason, yesterday I didn't notice somethings and this time, BAM, they just hit me.

Yesterday I did catch that glimpse of Al-kun.

But today I noticed that in the scene where Alicia is crying, Akira and Athena and Alicia are Akari's age. And the lady leaving is Grandma. I bet that's when she retired and left the company with Alicia! Wow! So I guess the new season will have a mix of the past? I want new stuff though! Oh well, as long as it's Aria, I don't mind! =) And when I said the art might had changed just a bit, I meant that sometimes their faces looked a little narrower/longer??

Guest PecanPie02

OMG.. i just had to say this.. i've watched ep1 part 1.. hehhe i know not much.. but i had to say this~~ THAT PANDA or doggy??/ thing is soooo cute ></// omg and just a question but im supposde to watch the animation one first right,,?? heh-___--""

Guest Take Five

why is it pervy? it's a relaxing slice-of-life show that anyone can watch.

besides, there's basically two audiences for anime anyway: kids and 18-30 year old otaku.

Guest snaeha_dalis13

I watched the first two eps. and it was really slow and boring to me. It seems like one of those animes where there's a problem and it gets solved at the end of the ep. It kinda reminded me of Honey and Clover type which I didn't really like either. The artwork was beautiful though. I'll probably give it another try when i'm bored.

I watched the first two eps. and it was really slow and boring to me. It seems like one of those animes where there's a problem and it gets solved at the end of the ep. It kinda reminded me of Honey and Clover type which I didn't really like either. The artwork was beautiful though. I'll probably give it another try when i'm bored.

The thing about Aria is that normally there is no problem. It's just like Akari goes and discovers or experiences something she finds wonderful. But yes. It is very slow. On purpose. So relaxing~~ But I'm glad you gave it a try! You should watch more whenever you have nothing else to do!

why is it pervy? it's a relaxing slice-of-life show that anyone can watch.

besides, there's basically two audiences for anime anyway: kids and 18-30 year old otaku.

It's pervy because it's a story about a cute innocent 16 year old and they sometimes show the cast, who is mostly made up of really well-developed girls, in like bathing suits or with just a towel on. Why would a guy want to see something that is soo laid back and not actiony at all?

And also, it's creepy how the actual show is being targeted for this type of audience! Why would they do that? The whole thing just seems wrong to me. But that is just my opinion and I didn't mean to offend anyone.

And they could have targeted the show to many other types of audiences! Why not kids!

It's not Shōnen (for boys) and not really Shōjo (for girls). But if they targeted a girl audience it would be much more understandable! And why not target it for children? (Kodomo) Or even Josei, for women, it can be relaxing. But nooo.....they had to make it for an adult guy audiences. Again, you don't think it's a bit weird?

Guest Take Five

It's pervy because it's a story about a cute innocent 16 year old and they sometimes show the cast, who is mostly made up of really well-developed girls, in like bathing suits or with just a towel on. Why would a guy want to see something that is soo laid back and not actiony at all?

i think you answered your own question.

And they could have targeted the show to many other types of audiences! Why not kids!

they'd get bored.

but yeah, maybe it is better as josei.

i think you answered your own question. they'd get bored.but yeah, maybe it is better as josei.

I agree kids would get bored. But I'm glad you agree with me! lol, about me answering my own question! But if they're going to watch the show for that reason, that is pervy! But yeah. Subject closed? Truce? =)

EDIT:

OMG! OMG! OMG! HEART ATTACK! Am I always freaking out? Well, this time it's worth it!!!cruchyroll has Aria the OVA ~Arietta! I love the people who sub things so fast!! Here is the link:http://www.crunchyroll.com/showmedia?id=158465

EDIT:

I just saw Aria The OVA~ AND IT WAS GREAT!

There was an AWESOME Akatsuki/Akari moment! OMG! I wanted to die. I loooved the OP song. The whole episode was so sad and nice and sweet. It was great seeing the senior's friendship and seeing everyone one again, if only for a bit.

I really really loved it! Can't wait for Season 3!

Guest Take Five

^okay, i guess i walked right into that one. what i'm trying to say is, why would anyone watch aria just for fanservice if there are so many other shows out there that do a much better job at it? i'm a 22 year old male and i plan to watch aria for the reasons you listed in your first post, not to ogle at the girls the entire time. even if i am a guy, i don't wanna just watch action anime all the time, especially considering how most of it is shonen jump garbage like bleach and naruto.

^okay, i guess i walked right into that one. what i'm trying to say is, why would anyone watch aria just for fanservice if there are so many other shows out there that do a much better job at it? i'm a 22 year old male and i plan to watch aria for the reasons you listed in your first post, not to ogle at the girls the entire time. even if i am a guy, i don't wanna just watch action anime all the time, especially considering how most of it is shonen jump garbage like bleach and naruto.

I see what you mean. And it's fine and I agree. I didn't want to sterotype and say all males between 18 and 30 that watch the show are just going to watch it for pervy reasons. Some guys, like you, I'm glad to know, watch it because it's a beautiful relaxing show. But what bothered me was that they were directing the show towards that audience. It just did.

So yes. I agree with you on that part! Sorry if I offended you.

[ But I don't think Bleach and Naruto are shonen jump garbage =) ]

• 1 month later...

For those who loove the Akatsuki and Akari pairing like me, I found a great picture at the mangaka's Amano's website!

8292-200.jpg

Sooo cute!

And better yet, I found it along with a picture of Aika and Al who have had more relationship stuff happen to them (

Aika practically confessed she liked Al

so it's kinda like proof for their pairing! >___<

But that's just me looking deep into it! :P lol

Archived