VOTE! Which K-Pop Star Looks Best With Tattoos?

Many K-pop artists have tattoos nowadays and choose to express their individuality with this type of art. While the choice of tattoos might not surprise you with some artists, there are others who may surprise you with their designs. From female artists to male idols, check out this list of tattooed K-pop stars. After viewing the photos, vote […]

The post VOTE! Which K-Pop Star Looks Best With Tattoos? appeared first on Soompi.

View the full article

interesting article! some are surprising, and there are more female KPop stars on this list than I would have thought!

what does Junhyung's tattoo say in the middle photo? "Barr again still yours"?

I hadn't seen a close-up of the one on Taeyang's back, that is really neat!

Only other celebrity I can think of is CAP of Teen Top, he has a LOT of tattoos--a fairly big one on his back, quite a few on his arms, maybe even close to a full sleeve on one arm.

Guest Ming Banger

interesting article! some are surprising, and there are more female KPop stars on this list than I would have thought!

Only other celebrity I can think of is CAP of Teen Top, he has a LOT of tattoos--a fairly big one on his back, quite a few on his arms, maybe even close to a full sleeve on one arm.

It says *born again, still yours*

Can't help but appreciate the bada$$ tats...Jay Park. Art of Movement! Yeah!!

These tats are kinda wordy. LOL And the wrist tats on Lee Hong Ki look more like music/video player icons .... Rewind/Play/Fast Forward/Stop/Refresh ...than music symbols.

Guest ShouHiro

There are much more females, Hyuna has also a tatoo on her shoulder and Amber has a lot tattoos. And a big ones on her arms.

Junhyung's tattoo on his chest says "Born again, still your son" ^^

And you're right about CAP. Unfortunately when his tattoos were almost totally revealed a few weeks ago, he came under a lot of criticism from netizens. I understand that tattoos aren't very accepted still by mainstream Korea. However, I find it very hypocritical that some people like G-Dragon are held up to be the epitome of cutting edge fashion (including his tattoos), while other artists are just criticized. :(

Can't help but appreciate the bada$$ tats...Jay Park. Art of Movement! Yeah!!

These tats are kinda wordy. LOL And the wrist tats on Lee Hong Ki look more like music/video player icons .... Rewind/Play/Fast Forward/Stop/Refresh ...than music symbols.

Well, they are- but they're still music related symbols. If you notice, there is no "stop" button on there (just a pause). He said he got them to symbolize that the music never stops in his life. ^^

Guest jaelalla

just wanted to point that jaejoong had the TVXQ tattoo, before their lawsuit against SM he and yoochun were the only members of TVXQ to tattoo that name in their body but it was before the lawsuit, for me the most iconic Tatoo of Jaejoong is : "Always keep the faith" he had in his chest ( yoochun and his brother yoohwan has the same tattoo as jaejoong too) jaejoong said it means that I won't give up on my principales and beliefs. I think the always keep the faith tatoo is the most iconic.

just wanted to point that jaejoong had the TVXQ tattoo, before their lawsuit against SM he and yoochun were the only members of TVXQ to tattoo that name in their body but it was before the lawsuit, for me the most iconic Tatoo of Jaejoong is : "Always keep the faith" he had in his chest ( yoochun and his brother yoohwan has the same tattoo as jaejoong too) jaejoong said it means that I won't give up on my principales and beliefs. I think the always keep the faith tatoo is the most iconic.

It is definitely iconic as well, but I think most people view the TVXQ one as really special since it was from a different time (and therefore more sentimental) to fans. I like that it shows how much Jaejoong loved the group- that should show critics that it wasn't an easy choice to leave. I also like the names he has tattooed on his lower back as well. You can tell he is so close to his members. :) But his "always keep the faith" tattoo is obviously important to him as well.

12 hours ago, purplepanda said:

It says *born again, still yours*

ohhhhh! now I see it, thanks for explaining! :D

12 hours ago, purplepanda said:

Junhyung's tattoo on his chest says "Born again, still your son" ^^

And you're right about CAP. Unfortunately when his tattoos were almost totally revealed a few weeks ago, he came under a lot of criticism from netizens. I understand that tattoos aren't very accepted still by mainstream Korea. However, I find it very hypocritical that some people like G-Dragon are held up to be the epitome of cutting edge fashion (including his tattoos), while other artists are just criticized. :(

thanks for explaining Junhyung's tattoo, the fancy script was confusing me, lol!

I hadn't heard about CAP revealing his tattoos recently & the criticism from netizens...you're right that there seems to be something of a double-standard where some artists are praised and others are criticized.

Archived