Jo Young Nam Has Interesting Interpretation of MAMAMOO’s Team Name on “Immortal Song”

Jo Young Nam made an interesting guess about the meaning of MAMAMOO‘s group name on “Immortal Song.” On the August 29 broadcast of KBS 2TV‘s “Immortal Song,” Jo Young Nam appeared as a guest along with Yoon Hyung Joo. During the show, Jo Young Nam watches the talented girl group’s performance and then comments, “What […]

The post Jo Young Nam Has Interesting Interpretation of MAMAMOO’s Team Name on “Immortal Song” appeared first on Soompi.

View the full article

Guest angrybird202

In my opinion, the worst joke you can make is about your parents' death. He was being rude. But of course he doesn't have to apologize since he's a veteran singer. smh
I just hope incidents like this won't happen in the future.

Guest hartkreuz_stv

People are WAY overreacting to this. It's a stupid joke, similar to hundreds I've heard in the Kpop scene before.

It is a joke, an inappropriate one for sure. Just because you've heard it many times before doesn't mean it's okay to make fun of that. What if one of them indeed has no mother? How will she react to the joke? If MMM is as big as GG/Apink right now, only then people will see this joke the way I see it.

Guest novadestin

People are WAY overreacting to this. It's a stupid joke, similar to hundreds I've heard in the Kpop scene before.

It is a joke, an inappropriate one for sure. Just because you've heard it many times before doesn't mean it's okay to make fun of that. What if one of them indeed has no mother? How will she react to the joke? If MMM is as big as GG/Apink right now, only then people will see this joke the way I see it.

It's hardly inappropriate. It's a perfectly logical joke about the group's name, not their mothers, their name. People are exaggerating what isn't there.

Guest hartkreuz_stv

9 hours ago, hartkreuz_stv said:

11 hours ago, novadestin said:

It's hardly inappropriate. It's a perfectly logical joke about the group's name, not their mothers, their name. People are exaggerating what isn't there.

The joke comes from their name, there's no questioning about that. But he joked whether they actually have no mothers and that's where their name comes from. I'm sure he means no harm, but I expect more 'sense' from a sunbae and an elderly person. Let's say if one of them indeed has no mother, can you imagine how awkward the joke would b for them? As I said earlier; only if MMM is as big as GG/Apink right now, only then people will see this joke the way I see it. And apparently, I'm not the only person who think this way.

Source: Newsen via Nate

Moo (無) means nothing/to be without so veteran singer Jo Young Nam heard Mamamoo's name and asked if their name meant that they had no mothers.

1. [+600, -21] Jo Young Nam's so crazy, only a motherless person could say something like that

2. [+504, -19] How dare he say that to them? There's a line drawn for every joke but it seems with old age he just keeps crossing them. Shows that not everyone deserves respect with old age unless they deserve it.

3. [+426, -15] Ugh, I hate him. I don't want to see him on TV but I see him everywhere.

4. [+42, -2] What would he have done if one of the members really didn't have a mother? You should never joke about someone's parents like that. How thoughtless of him for someone so old... A joke's only a joke if the people find it funny.

5. [+35, -2] I hope to not age like him

6. [+22, -0] Talking crap about someone's parents on public broadcast...

7. [+20, -1] That as ballsy of him;;;

8. [+15, -0] Makes me want to grab the mic and hit his head

9. [+12, -0] How is that a joke? Since when was talking about anyone's parents a joke?

10. [+10, -0] Mister, what do you think you're saying to girls who could be your granddaughter? Don't you think that joke crosses the line?

Archived