Quantcast

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. May 26, 2019 JM Solution Store in Myeong-dong featuring Lee Byung Hun
  3. On the latest episode of “Ask Us Anything,” Super Junior’s Kyuhyun talked about an unexpected difficulty he faced in the military! After being discharged from the military earlier this month, Kyuhyun appeared as a guest on the May 25 broadcast of the JTBC variety show. At one point during the episode, cast member Min Kyung […] The post Super Junior’s Kyuhyun Reveals Why The Hardest Part Of His Military Training Was Showering appeared first on Soompi View the full article
  4. OMG! I am just watching episode 4 of My true friend and gosh, I think I just saw Shen Wei lol I mean I see a shadow of him in Jing Ran I think it was the grey coat and that he is angry (made me think of the time he is angry at Zhao Yun Lan) but this is more like he is just richard simmons and angry, not really caring like in Guardian. Congratulation to Zhu Yi Long for being nominated for Best supporting male actor in the Magnolia Awards! I am not familiar with this award but I think it is one of the more prestige awards and it is a pretty well received recognition to be nominated for it.
  5. @CallieP: The video of LMH struggling with his bag is on page 3307. While it's not hateful comments, I am disappointed that many (I should probably use the word "the majority") comments about LMH, in dramabeans, are negative. I know some people like DB, but I'm hoping that they don't recap The King. I guess I don't have to read the comments, but if I'm reading the recap, I know I'll peak at the comments and end up irritated. @gtLmh0622: So he is going to play two characters! The role of the King sounds intriguing. It sounds as though he'll need to portray a wide range of emotions.
  6. Yes all true - the bodyguard (happened May 2017, I think - post-Goblin), the jacket. Re: Putting heatpack on LDW’s neck during Goblin, Kim Go Eun also did that to LDW. The bracelet, I think, still remains a mystery. There’s a lot of similar-looking gold bracelets, and theirs matched but they might have been different. The Goblin cast really became close during and after Goblin. But can I just say how different LDW acts towards YIN vs KGE based on the recent Chanel event? Towards YIN, he is playful like a lover. Towards KGE, he is playful like a brother.
  7. @ktcjdrama you are amazing! Thank you for the recaps. Now I can watch this drama without worrying about how it turns out.
  8. I’m still wondering what about Ryan’s and SA’s father...is it the same person?Two different people? Where are they now/back then? How can LS went from not having anything to eat in her house to now where she lives a pretty comfortable life abroad?
  9. Good explanation by @blademan @Lmangla It's being put in a situation wherein they needed to stick together thus more chances of seeing each other in a different light. Prior to his "blindness", Min Ik refused to trust Gal Hee. When he had no choice because she's the only one who he can recognize, he started caring for her and started to realize that she genuinely cares for him. It's somewhat new to him and he's been craving for that. He did not get it from his family and that's why he agreed to go on a blind date with Veronica Park for that possibility that he might find a family in her family (I think it was episode 3 or 4). For Gal Hee, it's being in Veronica Park shoes towards the end of their 1st date and in their 2nd meet-up. She saw that there's this side of him that is honestly caring. She couldn't see it before because she's too focused on her duties as secretary and being annoyed at him. At first, she went the extra mile so she could keep her job. After the "blindness" incident, she was being like that because he needed her and she needed the job. She thought she only wanted to save him because he's a good person but VP came along and made her think twice - maybe she's falling for him.
  10. Thanks so much Barbara, for this wonderful awesome sharing. I am so happy and glad that all of you met Byunghun personally, how cool is that! Good things come in good time.. finally! It's obvious that BH was elated receiving the fans' treat, gifts and warm thoughts. That Baekdusan t-shirt is a fabulous gift, even more precious incorporated with Byunghun's idea. He doesn't wait long to share the pics and they're simply extra special with the models, too. It's no easy feat. planning to send a coffee/food truck to the filming set, especially for foreign fans.. Congratulations to the Chinese Fan Club, well done! Found more pics from the coffee truck company
  11. One of the storylines in Angel’s Last Mission: Love is the role reversal of the stereotypical kdrama trope of a cold and tormented male lead and the spunky heroine who finds a way into his heart (though, there is clearly much more to Dan than meets the eye). Here, it’s Lee Yeon Seo who is the damaged, aloof and rude chaebol heiress lashing out at everyone regardless whether they hurt her or not. Lee Min Ho’s portrayal of Gu Jun Pyo really does come to mind first when you watch YS as she bullies her stuff without any care for their problems and feelings. It’s really an inspired move by the writer because LYS is such a wonderful, complex character and after the first two episodes it’s clear that this type of a female protagonist can be as fascinating as any male hero with the right script and actress. Heroines like Yeon Seoo are rare to come across in a kdrama or any Asian drama, really and Shin Hye Sun absolutely slays in this role. Just like Gu Jun Pyo, LYS isn’t likeable or lovable in any way and it’s only apt that Dan receives such a difficult tas for his last mission - to make Yeon Seo fall in love - because she is not someone who is easy to love nor does she seems to be capable of giving love to anyone. In other words, she is a huge jerk just like all those other kdrama male leads out there, and just like them there is much more to her coldness than it seems. Interestingly, YS wasn’t always like that. She used to be loveable in her childhood so something traumatic must have happened to her that would change her so much. Her eye injury must be only part of the story because regaining her sight didn’t really bring any improvement or change to her behaviour. So it must be something that can’t be fixed - the death of her parents, possibly even Dan’s death, and now even the death of Mr. Yoo. Finally, there is also her aunt’s betrayal and scheming. She has truly lost everything and everyone and fell to the absolute bottom. She really does need someone who would break her fall because there is only so much a person can manage on her own. Yeon Seo doesn’t give a damn about what others think of her or the consequences of her actions and completely lacks any sort of politeness. She doesn’t try to make connections with people or to make them like her. Instead, she thinks the worst and expects the worst from everyone. It’s a defence mechanism. After all the loss and betrayal, YS doesnt want to get close to anyone because she doesn’t want to get hurt by them and she is afraid to lose another person she loves. All that anger, sadness, dignity and pride, those are the only things she is left now; they are the only things keeping her alive. It’s clear that YS is a fighter and a survivor and she lashes out on people first before they come too close and can hurt her. I think that this is the most admirable quality about YS - her willingness to carry on each day, her dogged, stubborn will to keep living and fighting despite all the loss and tragedy; even though a part of her wants to die and finally put an end to the neverending hurt. As he will spend more time with her and come to know her better, Dan will see this strength and hidden vulnerability beneath YS’s armor of ice and spikes and facade of disinterest and pride. Also, after episode 2, I can’t help myself but think that YS sees herself as someone cursed, who brings death to everyone she loves, and that in a way she hates herself, meaning she doesn’t love herself so how could she possibly love someone else? Finally, I want to add that I adore the scene where she stands up to those jerks bullying her in the park. It’s an accurate depiction of a visually impaired person who has had to deal with her disability for 3 years and YS clearly did everything she could to make herself self-sufficient because her pride wouldn’t allow her anything else.
  12. Presenting you with Han Segye's Private Life because SHJ is in master ninja mode rn I've found so many parodies but this one is fairly new so I'm assuming you guys haven't seen it yet
  13. Today
  14. I agree they did not break up completely. It is what you call cool off period. They will give some other space, cut the usual communications and check after some time if they will get together again. But seeing the two, the relationship is already growing apart. We already know they are already going down that path.
  15. May 26, 2019 Members of the Lee Byung Hun Chinese Fan Club visiting at the "Baekdusan" film site We visited the filming site of « Baekdusan » which is a two hour drive from Seoul. When we arrive, the coffee truck was there preparing to serve drinks and fresh fruits. Due to budget limitations, the coffee truck only served drinks and fruits. Byung Hun - ssi used his lunch break to receive us in his trailer because the sun was too hot. He was the perfect host and made sure we were seated comfortably. He immediately thank us for the coffee truck and the « Baekdusan » T shirt we prepared for the entire crew. This T shirt is very special because it was designed by Byung Hun-ssi himself. He seemed to be very pleased and requested his managers to model the T shirts showing the shirt’s front and back. The word "Baekdusan" is embossed. Byung Hun-ssi 's signature is embroiled. He was happy to see us and was very friendly. We brought him some coffee beans and he said he loves all kinds of coffee. We also brought him a bottle of single malt whiskey. We noticed during his last visit to Hong Kong in December 2016, his staff carried a huge bottle of single malt whiskey at the Hong Kong airport! We congratulated him on the acquisition of a house in Los Angeles and asked if he intends to do more filming in Hollywood. He said he is will consider opportunities to film in Hollywood. However, his preference is to film in Korea. We told him how we missed not being to watch him on television twice a week after « Mr. Sunshine ». He admitted that he is fully aware that his fans wants to see him in TV dramas and he would think about it. BH has excellent memory. When he saw the photos provided by a fan, hé recognized some fans immediately asked why they were not there. Frankly, we were overwhelmed by his presence and friendliness and we almost forgot to request him to sign photos which he kindly did. Although the visit was short, this warm memory will stay in our hearts forever.
  16. Thank you for explaining the flowers. I guess I wasn't aware that there are roses of that shape. I don't quite like flowers so I am bad at recognising the various types of it. Since roses have thorns, these further explains my point on the life challenges that LS and HYJ have to go through together. "Bubbles dreams is a symbol of childhood memories, protection, feelings of security and comfort." I agree on your bubble dreams point. Anyway, the fact that LS painted a bubble in 1985 shows that LS likes to use bubbles even before HYJ started playing with bubbles. So, it seems as though she used a bubble to refer to herself and her circumstance as a young lady who has to take up the role of a single mother at that age where she is unstable be it financially and/or emotionally. Maybe she felt insecure as she is immature and fragile to go through this new phase alone. But she seeks comfort from HYJ's presence as he gives her maternal strength to move on with life and to overcome her fears so to provide the best for HYJ. That's the power of a mother's love. I like how the painting shows LS's ability to portray that symbolism of immaturity, fragility, comfort and protection, and of course, love. Overall, I really like how this drama uses paintings to convey such meanings. It gives more depth to the plot and their characters.
  17. This is the kind of drama that makes a lot of happy viewers. The good are rewarded, the innocent vindicated and the bad got caught. None of those upsetting twists. Although DH was assaulted, I still think lying and implicating two innocent friends is absolutely wrong. SH spoke to her some time after the assault so she had time to think. Even if she were traumatised, it was not obvious to her parents or she would be taken to the doctor's - no mention at all. This part could have been written better, but overall a great drama even without romance.
  18. Oh drat!!! Before this episode, i was already wondering why can’t TJ just assume his position in the company to have a say against Han and In Sook’s bullying on MiRi. With this episode, MR is determined to get to the top on her own without riding some chaebol’s coattails. This new revelation must make TJ’s identity hidden or it will crush MR’s pride to end up the way IS did. Even Chairman Han’s change of heart on our lovers’ relationship won’t do anymore. Whoa, writers, how could you make such elaborate conflict???? MiRi’s reason for refusing the proposal: it’s-not-you-it’s-about-me trope. TJ said it was never about the money and the company position. He came to HSG to learn the ropes. This guy is scary because he doesn’t hold on to the things his elders push him to.
  19. mywishingquotes

Birthday!

Happy Birthday Quotes to My Niece The day you were born, you melted my heart. I never knew I could love someone so quickly and easily until I met you. May your birthday be full of as much amazement and joy as you bring me. My life gave me a perfect gift that I was always dreaming of, a niece like you. Take this wonderful cake and enjoy the day. As you are my sweet niece, so I’m officially permitted to ask for a wonderful birthday treat from you. Have a gorgeous birthday party. The term “Awesome Aunt” remains incomplete if there is no “Wonderful Niece” like you. How perfect we are. Happy birthday. On this birthday, we will do things your parents didn’t allow you to do. I will pamper my favorite niece. With love, your auntie.
  20. Director Bong Joon Ho’s new movie “Parasite” has just made Korean film history! On May 25 local time, “Parasite” won the prestigious Palme d’Or at the 72nd Cannes Film Festival, making it the first Korean film ever to snag the historic film festival’s top prize. According to Cannes jury president Alejandro Inarritu, the nine-person jury’s […] The post Bong Joon Ho’s “Parasite” Becomes 1st Korean Film Ever To Win Palme D’Or At Cannes Film Festival appeared first on Soompi View the full article
  21. @Lawyerh @lu09 @Kasmic & @cenching the way she move her nose * I need to stop looking at rabbit
  22. LOL. No nice car. This is Aegyo/overt-cuteness/baby-talk that's throwing google off. A new look for her which I haven't seen share here yet. Yet another new standard set. Yes This did not feel like mere acting. Do you think she took unfinished energy from SF and channeled it into this scream? Where does a woman her age get the animus, the 'inner-pain' from, to pull this off?? I wasn't ready to say good bye to her blindness just yet, becoz it led to scenes like this one. Farewell caned-Yeon-Seo. May you soon be rid of the walking stick too and fly once more freely like a swan. And thank you, all you lovely Chingoos here, for all the beautiful things and thoughts you share here.
  23. If you remember... ( Novel Spoiler) Earth was a little more than a walk-on in LBC so this is good. There's that scene in the trailer where Earth is talking to Third and the other three guys are jus standing there..
  1. Load more activity