Quantcast

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. lol I have tried to sum up my impression with Ryan, hope you enjoy it: Ryan Gold - a liberal we need more of https://ha-art-turquoise.tumblr.com/post/185105008059/ryan-gold-a-liberal-we-need-more-of As Her Private Life coming to final episodes, I feel like people have tried to de-code Ryan Gold to every detail to explain why this man is so attractive, admirable and, at the same time, swoony. To me, I have always seen Ryan as a standard liberal who is far more open-minded and progressive than many alive men in the whole world. Raised in the US and being a prominent artist, it’s not hard to understand why Ryan is considered liberal. Because art itself can’t exist if people don’t respect the opinions of others while at the same time stand firm with their own ones. Otherwise, artists are no more than copying machines that produce standard excel sheets. With that being said, Ryan is still considered a strong example of how liberals would believe and behave in real life (Please excuse my English!) 1. He respected a personal decision, even if it’s not exactly favorable to him. Don’t we all melt when Ryan found out Deok Mi’s fangirling status and acted so cool about it? Fangirling might intrigue negative impressions, but if you think of it as a religion, it makes much more sense. Just like a liberal who respects religion right of others, that “I believe in and worship to Budda but I respect your choice to pray to God, even if I will never consider him my God”. Ryan has treated DM’s fangirling like it’s her freedom of religion to put her belief in whatever God she wants. When Deok Mi kinda rejected him and refused to let him talk, he took her decision with care. He took time to think it over and respected her even when she acted weird and created that uncomfortable atmosphere he didn’t like a bit. Take another example with Eun Gi. I appreciate that Ryan respects Eun Gi’s choice to fall in love with DM without questioning and trying to stop it. In the context of their (very healthy) relationship, Ryan has fewer reasons to worry. But in many other cases, we have seen a boyfriend trying to stop affection towards his girl from another male. “Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.” - said Abraham Lincoln keke He did that to preserve his own freedom to love her, even EG is all “please stop to make her flutter” and “how can you know about her more than me?” 2. He should be Ambassador for LGBTIQ+ rights I have worked in gender advocacy field for quite some time to know that even a male Ambassador for gender and LGBTIQ rights can fail to deliver the right messages all the time. Born and raised in a traditional society, even they received training before being an Ambassador and being pretty open-minded themselves, there are still moments we hold our breath when they say something a little off and subtly gender bias. But Ryan is perfect to be an Ambassador, he treated the (even misunderstood) lesbian love between DM and SJ with the right attitude. Not only does he respect their equal right and opportunity to love and be loved, but he also sincerely feel an obligation to protect and create a favorable condition for them to perform their rights. Haha his monologue in the bathroom and his determination to get Eun Gi down in a judo fight is epic. This is exactly the key message behind a lot of gender behavior change campaigns. “Equality” doesn’t mean the same thing for everyone. If a person belongs to “social minor group”, she/he needs MORE care and attention to be equal to others. 3. He takes sexual consent serious Ok, we talked a lot about this. Being one’s boyfriend/girlfriend doesn’t mean we can invade the other person’s privacy. In term of skinship and sex, consent is everything. Ryan has been making sure he has consent for everything he does. Given the fact that many people got raped even in marriage, having someone that takes consent that serious is pure gold. The only case when he made a sudden love is to (fake) kiss her to fool Cindy. But then he made sure his thumb was in the right place (even all of us and DK wished the thumb wouldn’t have been there^^). Having said all of the above, I believe we need more liberal and sexy people like Ryan Gold as male lead to advocate for freedom!
  3. the only thing I noticed that she also seems to feel like the hpl 1st ep was kinda bored... so her post later said it will become more fun to watch... based on what I feel on her ig post.
  4. This is what I think when I read the plot. The female lead will be carry this drama. PBY always taking this kind of drama. Thats why I kinda believe that they really want to cast top actress for this. If a top actress really taking it, there's big possibility the drama will doing well, especially if the male lead is YSH. But honestly after know the male lead character, I dont want YSH to take this one. I want a drama that will showing me his acting skill. Honestly this kind of character will get so much hyped, you know fifthy shade of grey? I cant imagine YSH taking this kind of role. He will get a new image but not a new challenge... my opinion
  5. Yes. But the other character is ill, we still don't know if he will die, there is so much suspense 768
  6. 770 @Lawyerh ~ saw your tag about real life black widow but not sure what reaction button to press for a story like that! .. ah I see.... so does she end up back with her husband with the swapped face?
  7. guys i want to make a post and its tooo many gifs for four episodes can i use some of your gifs and could some one pm me sites to use please .. easy ones i get fustrated when i don't get computers to do what i need ..
  8. It's okay chingu @nyzah13 We're just having fun here and yes we all hope that our ship will sail no matter when it will gonna happen. You're always free to share your thoughts here. We're waiting. Enjoy!
  9. I'm ready for this! Hahaha Shin Sung Rok And Go Won Hee Feature In Romantic Main Poster For Upcoming Drama “Perfume” May 24, 2019 by Y. Shin KBS 2TV’s “Perfume” has released its main posters! The drama is a fantasy romance about Seo Yi Do (Shin Sung Rok), a genius designer in a creative slump, and Min Ye Rin (Go Won Hee), a mysterious fashion model who has been to hell and back. The two meet right as they are about to lose the meaning in their lives, and they develop chemistry as natural enemies who are thrown into trouble whenever they cross paths. In the main poster featuring the two leads, Go Won Hee wraps her arms around Shin Sung Rok, who carries her effortlessly. The pink background and English phrase written on the poster (“We are meant to be”) amplifies the romantic mood. The second poster features five of the leading actors in the drama: Shin Sung Rok, Go Won Hee, Ha Jae Sook, Cha Ye Ryun, and Kim Min Kyu. Through the cast members’ unique expressions and poses, viewers anticipate the fantastical world that these actors will create. The production staff stated, “‘Perfume’ will portray the fantasy-like situations that everyone has imagined through a cheerful and sincere story. We hope you enjoy ‘Perfume,’ which will be renewed into a well-made work, with its fantastic and compact story and the passionate performance of the popular actors.” “Perfume” will premiere on June 3 at 10 p.m. KST. It will be available on Viki with English subtitles.
  10. [FAN N STAR] HJ’s birthday event... we have accumulated 622,617 stars/rainbows but still need 77,383 more to reach the goal for GIFT5 (multivision display at Hongdae Station)... only 2 days left so let’s do our very best, Henecians Fighting! by MichLui
  11. HJ channel #11 절대미각〜라면편 https://youtu.be/z0_mFsr977o by apricotgrace
  12. May 24 2019 Teaser trailer #2 & teaser psoter for TV Chosun drama series “Joseon Survival” Teaser trailer #2 and teaser poster added for TV Chosun drama series “Joseon Survival” (literal title) starring Kang Ji-Hwan and Kyung Soo-Jin. Tagline on the teaser poster states “I meet Im Kkeok-Jeong from 500 years ago.” “Joseon Survival” first airs June 8, 2019 in South Korea.
  1. Load more activity