Quantcast

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. awwe.. so sweet of the Busted costars sending PMY foodtrucks.. Jaesuk also sent an ice cream truck! looks like Busted is coming soooon!
  3. May 21, 2019 CJ Entertainment targets European film market with English remake version of film 'The Merciless' Source: AJU Business Daily [Courtesy of CJ Entertainment] SEOUL -- CJ Entertainment, The entertainment wing of South Korea's CJ Group, will collaborate with a Swiss production company to create an English remake version of South Korean film "The Merciless". "The European filmmaker felt attracted toward the strong storyline of 'The Merciless'," CJ Entertainment said in a statement on Monday, adding the South Korean entertainment giant will collaborate with Swiss filmmaker Pathe Films to create an English remake of the 2017 film to target the American and European markets simultaneously. "The Merciless", a crime-action film starring veteran actor Sol Kyung-gu and popular singer-actor Im Siwan, depicts a story about loyalty and betrayal between an inmate leader and an undercover cop. "The Merciless" was released in South Korea in May 2017 and failed to garner one million viewers before the film came off the silver screens.
  4. May 21, 2019 CJ Entertainment targets European film market with English remake version of film 'The Merciless' Source: AJU Business Daily [Courtesy of CJ Entertainment] SEOUL -- CJ Entertainment, The entertainment wing of South Korea's CJ Group, will collaborate with a Swiss production company to create an English remake version of South Korean film "The Merciless". "The European filmmaker felt attracted toward the strong storyline of 'The Merciless'," CJ Entertainment said in a statement on Monday, adding the South Korean entertainment giant will collaborate with Swiss filmmaker Pathe Films to create an English remake of the 2017 film to target the American and European markets simultaneously. "The Merciless", a crime-action film starring veteran actor Sol Kyung-gu and popular singer-actor Im Siwan, depicts a story about loyalty and betrayal between an inmate leader and an undercover cop. "The Merciless" was released in South Korea in May 2017 and failed to garner one million viewers before the film came off the silver screens.
  5. Thanks for the translation @meechuttso as always! Only could catch a few parts here and there... came over here after watching the live show and you are already here with the subs, yayy!!! They are so cute and comfortable with each other. I'm loving their friendship! Totally agree. I believe both don't want to put unnecessary burden on themselves with such an unrealistic number. I'm surprised L is so touchy too. He not only scratched but also pulled at her jacket I noticed he like to touch and stare at her a lot I guess he's too comfy with her. But I have to say it's so fun watching them, lots of laughter and natural interaction that was absent from yesterday's press con.
  6. I realy hope that HPL will do Ryan adoption issues justice. Korean International Adoption is a real issue, and emotional struggle faced by korean international adoptees are also real. I have watched few documentaries about korean international adoptee, and the stories really tug at my heartstring. So I really hope Ryan as a fictional character can be potrayed with respect to them. Since the beginning, there are no birth secret, the similarity between Ryan and Sian is hinted since Episode 1, his adopted step mom of Korean Descent and him being adopted abroad also mentioned in ep 2. The possibility that Lee Sol his bio mom also hinted in earlier episodes. So i have high hope that the story won't go into the makjang route. I find the timing of Ryan Adoption was interesting. If he was born in 1987, and adopted at 7 (i assume he refer to International age, he is US citizen), that means he was adopted in 1994. If I refer to this link https://www.kadoption.or.kr/en/info/info_history.jsp, in 1994 overseas adoption ban was cancelled. From korean ministry of healt and welfare data, in the same year there are 2.262 children adopted overseas. Overseas adoption background from 1990-2000, from 22.129 cases, 20.460 cases was unwed mother. So I think the childhood story can be utilized more than just an old drama trope. I think the writer intend to create contrast, between Ryan and Eun Gi. Albeit the same background, both born from unwed single mother, both in artistic field, lived in the same neighboorhood, Ryan and Eun gi having different path in life. Nam Editor chose to put his son into her family registry and let foster parents raised him (open adoption), so she was not separated with her son. Bravely took risk that her name registered as an unwed mother and let go of her chance to marry (due to social stigma). While Lee Sol chose to let go of her son for overseas adoption, maybe hoping for better future for him, coz she was a struggling artist and single mom. Letting go of her son made her be able to start over and had another child, but always regretting the separation. Both kids turn out allright, they become sucessful in their own path. But for Ryan, as korean overseas adoptee, no matter how good their adopted parents are, the scar in his heart still remain. To understand the struggle of an international adoptee, this is a good read https://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/18/magazine/why-a-generation-of-adoptees-is-returning-to-south-korea.html. So I think the childhood story if done right, can be a nod to overseas korean adoptee. How to deal meeting the biological family after being estranged for so long. How to come to term with dual identity as a korean descent raised in western culture, etc.
  7. I agree that the drama is veering off into makjang territory. They should have stuck to the book more. I find myself fast forwarding all the non essential parts. I still really love the main couple though. I also think the break up between the two was so weird. Just an episode before YM was saying everything can fail, but QY is the only thing that matters. Now he’s asking her for a separation. It doesn’t make any sense. Also, how can she just easily agree to it? She doesn’t even question it or fight back. She just takes it and leaves. Weird. Anyways. Hopefully we’ll get back on track in the next episode!!!
  8. @kur4p1k4 wow, thanks! I didn't realize them too, except when ZZ want to kill ZM in Wedding day. Never knew he can that angry like that. WJ is so kind. But everything related to ZM his reaction are real. Yup, he like an open book, no wonder all his Ming brothers warn him about her so much. this adaptation show that NO other girl in his heart after he meet her.
  9. According to her original plan, she wanted to be married and probably have 3 kids by now? Or she wants to be married by now and have 3 kids? @meechuttso
  10. if there is time jump, how about MS and MH story? I don't think there is time jump except for last episode when they show us all people happy together. MR said she will fight in the last episode. or IS blackmail MR so MR give up. too many mystery around IS intentions. @maribella pizza hut in my country have black pizza. idk if the menu still exist now.
  11. He can deliver everyday?? Wait, I'm confused rn, were u talking about him being her boyfriend or a GOFOOD or GRUBHUB driver???
  12. Every time they talk about this romance being a bit unrealistic ... since it’s fantasy romance ... it makes me worried ... I hope they don’t end up showing PG 13 romance! I want a good dose (melo-sexy)!
  13. Hi @willenette. So it's not yet sure if they will start by end of this month, like I think you mentioned earlier. Well, I guess that gives them more time to prepare and for Minho to have more time to rest!
  14. I enjoyed ur gifs so much.. I just realized that WJ had a really fierce face and determination in protecting MM. He cant bare to see anyone hurt her yet he threatens to kill her a few times but whenever he tried, he jst cant do it. Can anybody make a gif on WJ facial expression whn trying to kill MM? Maybe we can disect more of his feelings by looking at it. Hehe. Thanks in advance.
  15. I mean he can send coffee truck to her, if he wants to be in the news or on cover of magazine or first page of a newspaper tomorrow morning... For the sake of HPL, I don't think he would ever send food/coffee truck to her... HPL will be drowning with PPc news if he does...
  1. Load more activity