All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Lovely Runner: Episodes 3-4 by Dramaddictally Squee is down so that swoon can go up, and man does this drama do it right. Our lovely leads get closer this week, even as our hero realizes how far he’ll have to trek to reach his biggest fan. I was already prepared to follow these two actors anywhere on their own, but when they’re together I find them meltingly magnificent. EPISODES 3-4 “If you were in another time, I’d jump over everything to come see you.” This drama is balancing epic dialogue and themes against sweet and breezy storytelling in a way that’s very hard to pull off — and it’s succeeding in the most satisfying way. At the core, we’ve got a story about a fan and an idol, but this week, we dive into the differences between fan love and real love. That’s a heavy topic to take on, but Lovely Runner braids it into the plot so effortlessly that there’s nothing heavy-handed about it. And with the writer of True Beauty at the helm, I wouldn’t expect less. Let’s start with Sun-jae’s confession. Much of the movement this week comes from Sun-jae trying to get up the nerve to tell Sol that he likes her. I mean, to be clear, his actions are speaking volumes — she’s the first person he looks up at when he wins the gold at his swim competition, and that’s before he gives her his jacket on their walk home. (Gah!) But, if he doesn’t spit out the words, our heroine is just not going to read the signs. On top of that, Sun-jae gets this line of advice from his friend: “Liking you as a man isn’t the same as being your fan.” Here’s that theme I was talking about. It’s the first indication we get that Sun-jae is starting to understand the true distance that exists between him and Sol. She keeps saying she’s devoted to him — as a fan (his “swim” fan, that is) — but he has a crush on the girl next door. This becomes the tender center of the conflict as Sun-jae tries to be seen as a regular guy underneath his gleam. His first shot at saying, “I like you,” goes up in flames when they visit a photo booth and Sol tries to live out her dreams of cutesy pics with her bias. Sun-jae is just a teen boy at this point, with no idol training, and he’s not so into making hearts with his hands. But, when the camera snaps, he does it for her (and they may be making half hearts, but my whole heart stopped when he did this). He’s ready to confess, but she cuts him off — because she’s more concerned with the images the machine is spitting out than the moment they’re living together. Each time he tries to tell her, Sol finds a way to accidentally intercede. There’s a tremendous scene (with falling flower petals, lol), where their like for each other is so strong — a.k.a. the anxiety is so high! — they totally botch everything with miscommunication. Sun-jae says he doesn’t want her to be his fan anymore. This is the lead in to the fact that he wants to be her boyfriend. But Sol freaks out at the idea of not being by his side as a fan, and offers to be friends instead. It’s the only way she can think of to stay near him — but he takes it as a rejection. (And can we please just talk about how real the emotional uncertainty is here?) When he finally succeeds, Sol is drunk. She’s unintentionally slurped up some home brew from Sun-jae’s dad and stumbled onto her idol while he’s alone by the pool one night. Wobbly and flirtatious, she keeps getting closer to him until the moment she falls back and he catches her around the waist. Upright, she puts her hand on his cheek (like she’s about to kiss him) and he decides the timing is right. He tells her he likes her and she responds: “Keep smiling like this. I’ll be by your side. When you’re struggling, I won’t let you feel alone. I won’t let you think dark thoughts. I’ll stay by your side your whole life.” To Sun-jae it sound like a love confession and he plants his lips on hers immediately. more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/04/lovely-runner-episodes-3-4/
  3. News bites: April 17, 2024 by tccolb Romance is blossoming on JTBC’s newest poster as well, with Jang Ki-yong (Now We Are Breaking Up) and Chun Woo-hee (Delightfully Deceitful) headlining The Atypical Family. Coming to our screens on May 4, the fantasy series has PD Jo Hyun-tak (Snowdrop, SKY Castle) at the helm with Joo Hwa-mi (Welcome, Marriage Not Dating) penning the scripts. [JTBC] https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/04/news-bites-april-17-2024/
  4. News bites: April 17, 2024 by tccolb In the meantime, it’s a busy spring for drama bees with KBS’s Treat Me Carelessly also joining the long list of premieres. With a Confucian-trained L (a.k.a. Kim Myung-soo)(Numbers) and the seemingly chaste Lee Yoo-young (Insider), the first poster promises us an unbeatably well-mannered romance. But I expect we’ll be getting some shenanigans when the opposites-attract rom-com begins on May 13. [Newsen] https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/04/news-bites-april-17-2024/
  5. [2024/04/16] EBC News Taiwan face to face interview with Son Yejin.
  6. BoomerangCC offers specialized ADHD therapy services, providing support and strategies for individuals managing attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder adhd therapist. Our experienced therapists use evidence-based techniques to help clients understand their ADHD symptoms, develop coping mechanisms, and improve focus and organization. Through personalized sessions, we address challenges related to impulsivity, time management, and productivity, empowering clients to thrive in various aspects of life. Whether you're seeking individual therapy or support for a loved one with ADHD, BoomerangCC is here to provide expert guidance and facilitate positive change. Take the first step towards managing ADHD effectively with BoomerangCC.
  7. News bites: April 17, 2024 by tccolb Kim Kyung-nam (The One and Only) confirmed casting for SBS’s Connection, playing the chaebol (villain?) in our re-assembled group of high school alums, alongside Ji Sung (Adamas), Jeon Mi-do (Thirty-Nine), and Kwon Yul (Longing for You). The action-suspense is expected to air in 2024, with PD Kim Moon-kyo (Trolley) and writer Lee Hyun (Diary of a Prosecutor) leading production. [SBS] https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/04/news-bites-april-17-2024/ Kyungnam Kim joins ‘Connection’… The second generation of the 'Axis of Evil' chaebol faces conflict with Ji Sung On the 16th, Kim Kyung-nam's agency, JR ENT, said, "Actor Kim Kyung-nam, who has repeatedly transformed in each work with solid acting skills and three-dimensional character digestion, will appear in the new SBS drama 'Connection' (written by Lee Hyun, directed by Kim Moon-kyo)." Kim Kyung-nam plays a high school character in the play. “I play the role of Won Jong-soo, an axis of evil who is at odds with his classmate and detective, Jae-kyung (Ji Sung).” Attention is being paid to the intense transformation that Kim Kyung-nam, who has been challenging different genres and characters and coloring them with his own colors, will show in the psychological crime investigation thriller 'Connection'. 'Connection' is written by writer Lee Hyun, who proved his tight narrative and solid writing skills through 'Prosecutor's Civil War', and director Kim Moon-kyo, who was recognized for his delicate and detailed directing skills in 'Trolley'. Here, trustworthy actors Ji-seong, Jeon Mi-do, Kwon Yul, and Kim Kyung-nam meet, raising expectations. ‘Connection’ is scheduled to air this year. https://ent.sbs.co.kr/news/article.do?article_id=E10010286503
  8. News bites: April 17, 2024 by tccolb Speaking of MBC, Oh Yeon-soo (Military Prosecutor Doberman) has been added to the cast of The Intimate Traitor, reuniting with Han Seok-kyu (Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 3) after MBC’s Son and Daughter about 30 (!) years ago. Also starring Han Ye-ri (One Day Off) and Chae Won-bin (Sweet Home 2), the mystery series is being planned to broadcast later this year. [MBC] https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/04/news-bites-april-17-2024/
  9. News bites: April 17, 2024 by tccolb MBC sends their ominous greetings with a first poster for Bittersweet Hell, capturing a photo of our central family whom Kim Hee-sun (Remarriage & Desires) and Lee Hye-young (Big Bet) will fiercely fight to protect. While I fear for Kwon Hae-hyo’s (Wedding Impossible) fate as number one on the list, we’ll soon find out how the black comedy and thriller unfolds on May 24. [MBC] https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/04/news-bites-april-17-2024/
  10. We're alright, thanks! Area where we live isn't flooded, but some roads nearby our place are still barricaded. The rains stopped from afternoon yesterday. It was literally 2 days non-stop rains and thunderstorms. Sang Yan's story is even more compelling (for me). I'm hopeful that the drama won't whitewash what FL went through, given that it's slated for 30 eps. I'd rather the adaptation keep it as it is even if the drama might end up with for more matured viewers rating. +×÷=+×÷=÷×+=÷×+ Tomorrow will be Meme's new Kirin tea commercial's advanced web release! 😊 ctto 352
  11. News bites: April 17, 2024 by tccolb A new period crime series called Low Life is in the works for Disney+, lining up Ryu Seung-ryong (Chicken Nugget), Yang Se-jong (Doona), and Im Soo-jung (Melancholia) among many talents in the larger cast. Based on a popular webtoon by the original webtoonist for Misaeng, the story is inspired by the real-life 1970s discovery of a treasure ship along the Sinan coast. Production has Kang Yoon-sung (Big Bet) both writing and directing, with co-writing by Ahn Seung-hwan. [News1] https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/04/news-bites-april-17-2024/
  12. The personality of this actor who appeared on TV without makeup This is actress Kim So-yeon, who played an all-time villain throughout three seasons of the legendary high-class drama ‘Penthouse.’ Since then, she has somehow become synonymous with the ‘strong sister’, such as playing Ryu Hong-joo in ‘Tale of the Nine-Tailed Fox 1938’. However, Kim So-yeon has a kind heart that is recognized by many people in the industry. Even on cold days, she always shows up on site to prepare ahead of the staff and always listens to the people she works with. There was a reporter who wanted to publish an article about her relationship with her current husband, Lee Sang-woo. Kim So-yeon, who happened to be on the day before her appearance on ‘The King of Masked Singer’, asked the reporter to delay her report for just one day because she was very nervous about the broadcast. However, on that day, while she was preparing to record The Masked Singer, she found out that another reporter had published an article about her first. Even though she was embarrassed, Kim So-yeon felt sorry for the reporter who had made an appointment first. She asked for understanding from the production team of The Masked Singer and postponed the recording for 10 minutes. She then calls a reporter who, while trying to keep her promise to Kim So-yeon, missed her scoop and claims to be interviewing her. In the end, Kim So-yeon, who couldn't put on makeup because she was being interviewed, went on stage as is. Sam is able to stand in public without makeup because of her innate personality and consideration for others. Of course, because Kim So-yeon has such clear features, it was a trap that no makeup was noticeable. Kim So-yeon is currently preparing for JTBC’s new drama ‘Quiet Sales’. She reportedly captured the stories of door-to-door salespeople in the 1990s. https://m.view.nate.com/enter/view/164593/
  13. Here's the official threads directory for K-Dramas and Movies, last updated on 11/15/2023: K-Dramas K-Movies Upcoming Releases Actor/Actress Spotlight Fan Theories and Discussions Recommendation Requests
  14. Today
  15. Hi, The most funny episode is definitely number 5, second season. And that little girl is amazing. Her interaction with detective is a pure joy. Very talented. Sad how all ended for her. Life is sad sometimes. Also always love how detective acts with the young ppl. He's so careful. I will be back!
  16. Oh, I didnt know it is the story of the brother in HL...interesting... bts Im watching it...The FL is so hilarious... the iconic air kisses scene.... 354
  17. 240418 nhk_venue101 Twitter Update with NCT DREAM 240418 JISUNG Weverse Update 240418 itsLIVEofficial Twitter Update with NCT DREAM
  18. Yay! I’m curious, so if you could humor me, this is your number what oppa? Any genes and/or Xiao geges? Kekeke… He is very tall. And I like that I am not at all confused by the switches in timelines even when I am not quite focusing. @MayanEcho Are you affected by the floods? Hope all is well. -2
  19. Son Yejin’s interaction with fans at M2 event on 04/16. Son Yejin met one of her longtime fans. 🥹
  20. ILLIT has won their fifth music show trophy for their debut track “Magnetic”! On the April 18 broadcast of Mnet’s “M Countdown,” the candidates for first place were BABYMONSTER’s “SHEESH” and ILLIT’s “Magnetic.” ILLIT ultimately took the win with a total of 6,676 points. Congratulations to ILLIT! Watch the winner announcement and encore below! Performers this… Continue reading Watch: ILLIT Takes 5th Win For “Magnetic” On “M Countdown”; Performances By Lay, RIIZE, And More The post Watch: ILLIT Takes 5th Win For “Magnetic” On “M Countdown”; Performances By Lay, RIIZE, And More first appeared on Soompi. View the full article
  21. Karakai Jozu no Takagi-san ( Teasing Master Takagi-san) I started this because of the poster, but the poster is for the upcoming live action movie. The drama is about the main couple (from the manga) during their school's days. Im not quite interested in the game between the kids ( the ML and the FL ) but the atmosphere in the sea town is very appealing. So I just watched ep5 and the highlight for me is the chocolate talks between the other couple, Hojo and Hamaguchi. 🧡
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..