All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Ah well the first thing that I am going to say is in regards to @UnniSarah about the show that they mentioned regarding Kang Byul aka Jin Na Youngs actress drama. It is one of the shows that is on my ban list, and I don’t really recommend that to anyone. At the end of the day there probably wasn’t any character in that show that I liked over there. But since I have already vented my issues for it in the proper thread, I won’t bring them up here as it would also be labelled off topic. Now moving on to this show itself. I remember the last time I mentioned that due to a misunderstanding Suji and her mother were separated and I pointed out that the one to gain the most from this would be the hospital director (second leads father). But after careful consideration there is one more to gain from her leaving and that would be Na Youngs mother. Frankly I have a bunch of other questions as to how they separated at this point and from the grandmother’s reaction when her DiL brought up seeing Suji’s mother in the marketplace her involvement in this seems almost nil at the time being. Anyway, back to why Na Young’s mother may have something to cause the misunderstanding and what she gains from it. She already had issues as a single mother and knowing what we know of such things from Korean Dramas they are looked down in society. Now as she was pregnant with Rapper Brother or even gave birth to him her situation is going to be worse. Not only that raising one child on your own is difficult but add another child in the mix. One can easily imagine that she would do anything to prevent that. If she can find a stable place to raise her children of course she is going to take the opportunity and get rid of any obstacles along the way. Even if that was her former friend. Yes, the grandmother may have offered to raise the son as he was of their bloodline but separating a child from their parent is just as bad. So, she isn’t going to easily accept such an offer. But if she knows that her rival is in no position to return, she is going to use that to her advantage. Now one can wonder if she was guilty in the first place why bring up the fact that she saw her in the marketplace. I would suspect because she was testing out the waters so to speak. She knows that they probably don’t know she was responsible so she is safe in that department, but she also asked that if Suji’s mother returned would the grandmother take her back or something along those lines. The grandmother’s response shows that if she was indeed responsible then she has succeeded in creating a wedge between the two. Ok now for a thing that I didn’t quite understand. The grandmother is angry that Suji’s mother still hasn’t shown up especially if she was alive. And especially brings up the point that Suji is so famous considering that she even shows up on tv so the mother might have shown up just for that fact or to ask them for money. Either at home or the studio but she hasn’t. Now this totally baffles me. Yes, Suji is famous and shows up on TV but how is the mother to recognize her. It isn’t like she was performing at an early age like some child actor and not only that she also has a different name now. So were they thinking that the mother while watching tv may think to herself oh she looks like me when I was young so this might be my daughter. But wait it can’t be her because her name is different. Na Young really isn’t helping her case, and I am really starting to dislike her mother as well. Now I can get it that she suspects her husband of cheating, and the situation really didn’t help when they went into the motel to catch the suspect. But even later her comments aren’t very helpful or her insisting that Suji should help the family out because she is successful. While there is nothing wrong in asking her way was wrong especially as we know that Suji was already helping the family out even prior to this incident. What also makes her character so shallow and worse is the fact that she expects others to do things for her without contributing anything herself. Even her MiL and son contributed as much as they could. But both her and Na Young have refused to pitch in. I can kind of understand Na Young considering that she isn’t biologically related to that family apart from her mother. But even then, she should considering that they accepted her into their family. They could have easily demanded that her mother could join their family since she had to raise Rapper Brother who is part of their bloodline, but Na Young would have to be left behind. Now if they mistreated her when she was a child, I might be more understanding. She did bring up the point that when was she considered a part of the family. Now if that was the case, I could feel partially sorry for her. But from everything that I have seen so far at least in the interactions between Suji and her this doesn’t seem to be the case. She tries her level best to help her out when she can. The only real time when she ignored her was when she was having a hard time when she thought that her mother abandoned her. Even then once she realized that she was missing she went out searching for her. So, if there are any issues it is probably because Na Young and her temperament at this point. Speaking of the role that she wants as an MC I think there could be a situation where everyone wins. But knowing her she is still going to end up complaining and whining about how things are so unfair and while we are at it blame her favourite punching bag aka Suji. Suji refusing to take the spot as the director in a pickle because the CEO wants her in the rule and his job is on the line. Na Young clearly had the position if we are to believe the rumours until the last minute. Suji clearly needs more pay if she wants to clear of the family money issues (assuming she gets paid for showing up on these shows apart from her doctor’s salary). So how do we combine all these things where it works out for everyone. In this case Suji can agree to do the show but adds the stipulation that she will only do so if Na Young is her co host. This way in theory everyone should get what they want/need. Suji gets the extra money for the family; the director gets out of his dilemma of what to do and thus keeps his jobs and his superiors get their top pick. Finally, Na Young gets her dream job and should be happy about it. But she is probably going to be complaining about even this deal. Frankly I think that is quite fair but who am I to judge. I feel sorry for Ara and how her mother still hasn’t returned. I wonder what her story over here is. But as one can see the show really wants these two families to be connected and Ara is the perfect excuse for them to continue to meet and learn about each other even if it was unintentional. Actually, knowing K-Dramas for so long I wouldn’t be surprised if they decided that Suji’s family moves into Uri’s house somehow. We know that they have a spare room because that is where they found Ara in. Probably where she was living with her mother before she had to leave suddenly. Suji and her family need a place to stay, and they can’t really be picky. In fact, Na Young’s mother mentioned that they can’t take everything with them due to space in their new place and they would be extremely lucky if everyone got their own space. Granted that one room is so small that I doubt the entire family can live over there. So perhaps it will just be Suji as this would give her a better opportunity to finally understand her mother and her new family. This way it is going to be easier to forgive her mother for supposedly abandoning her as a child. Before someone tells me how half of this can even happen without anyone else catching on. I would mention that K-Dramas are notorious for these kinds of awkward situations. Regardless of who moves into that room and who knows who it isn’t going to be until a few episodes that these connections will be discovered. For instance if it is in regards to the grandmother, father and Na Youngs mother that will move over there then they will have met everyone in that household apart from Suji’s mother as she will always be out even when they come to the restaurant. She might have just gone to pick up Ara or perhaps gone to the market for shopping as they are the only ones that can recognize her. If it is Suji then it probably will be her not knowing that she has moved into Uri’s place. as of now if you can recall she has only met with her mother, Ara and his sister. So, she still doesn’t know that is his place as well. His sister did try and tell her about him but conveniently couldn’t for some reason. So, they are both equally going to be surprised to discover the truth. We all know how Na Young is going to react when she discovers this and is going to blame Suji that she deliberately moved into his place when she was aware that she had feeling for him and thus Suji as always sabotaged her as usual. Someone brought up another birth secret (unconfirmed) that Uri might actually be part of the doctor’s family. If they do that I wouldn’t be surprised. It is after all part of the K-Drama tropes and certain trope factors certainly do add up. My only real issue with this is that he has a sister. Unless it turns out that they aren’t biologically related at this point pulling this stunt might be harder to believe. But it might explain a few things at the same time. Wasn’t going to do this but let’s do it anyway. We know two things as a fact in regard to the second leads family. One they have issues. What they are aren’t exactly clear. Not only that where his grandfathers is laid to rest there is someone else his mother prays for. Even if they show us the name it isn’t going to help because the main characters have their names changed for various reasons. Could the missing child have been Suji. Sure, but at this point it has been 100% confirmed that Suji’s mother is the same as Uri’s current mother. The near miss/slow mo walk as they passed by at the hospital, Na Young’s mother recognizing her in the marketplace, and the yellow handstitched cloak just to name a few. So now we need to move on to the Uri being said child. Mind you there could be another twist over here which we will get. But if we look at the main lead requirements how many of them match for Uri. Main leads are usually raised by a single parent or family member. (there missing parent is almost always related to the second lead) The main leads are almost always involved in a love triangle with the second leads. Sometimes this can lead to a love square/rectangle to further complicate their twisted history. Or they may have a past history with one of them. Also check out the trope above as they can interrelate. Okay now I know that there are probably other tropes that we can combine but surprisingly they seem to have slipped my mind at the moment. Kind of embarrassing and while I had a bunch, or tropes written down where I could further use as reference material and add them as they matched the situation. That file must have gotten deleted so for the time being let’s just go with the two above mentioned (note I know other tropes but in regards for the Uri possible birth secret I could just remember those. If I start to bring up every trope that has already been covered and what we are lacking this post is going to get really huge. To prevent such insanity and headache I am not going to do that) Now let’s do the breakdown of the above mentioned tropes. In the first one Uri’s full parentage is a mystery and we can have a separated at birth trope going on considering the fact that the only one who seems related in that house to Uri is his biological sister. So, it could very well be that one or both of the second leads parents are also his parents. Also depending on when he got separated it is possible that he ended up in an orphanage and a family either adopted both him and his sister or he was adopted into her family. Him becoming a doctor could be part of another K-Drama trope. Almost every character somehow also ends up being good at and is drawn to the thing that their missing parent or family member is part of. A good example from a recent drama would be Da Jung from the Third Marriage. Apparently, she takes after her grandmother when it comes to cooking. What is going on in that drama has her birth secret been discovered yet. I sadly dropped it due to time issues and I really need to get back there at some point. So anyway, back to the point I was making we know that the hospital was established by the second leads grandfather so this could be the connection for Uri, or then if the director is his actual father that makes two K-Drama connector plot twists for down the line. Another main thing to consider is that almost everyone is to be connected with each other, so we have no real wasted characters. Now let’s move onto the second trope. The love triangles/quadrantals. Over here one of the main leads either was somehow connected to the second leads as they were dating them but then due the second leads ambitious nature, they will find an excuse to not be with the main lead and end up with the second lead. (they might even regret their decision down the line when the birth secret plot pops in). Or the second lead will have a one sided crush on the main lead but will always be kept in the friend zone for life. In this case the only one that has a previous connection with the main lead is the second lead with Suji. As of now he doesn’t seem to be ambitious but let’s wait and see. Back to Uri he has started to fall for Suji he just hasn’t realized it yet or even if he does he isn’t going to do anything about it out of respect for her. But like I said this brings up the room of sibling rivalry in more ways than one and not only that the Na Young situation. So yes we have a few tropes linking Uri as a possible birth secret and being related to the doctors family. Now moving on to the parents in that family. They clearly have their marital issues. The show hasn’t gone down into fully explaining the reason. The closest was when the director’s possible ambition was brought up and why he may have married into that family. Which also may have hinted the fact that this was probably an arranged marriage. Hence the unhappiness between them. Of course there could be a few other factors as well. It does bring up age related questions and whatnot. But who are we to argue if the writers make said mistake. We are just here to see that the main leads get their happily ever after and perhaps a decent redemption arc for the second leads and people growing up. Returning to the parents apart from a forced marriage there can be two more contributing factors and perhaps even more connecting points between said characters. Like it has been brought up there is a missing/dead person in that family. How did that happen? Was the father perhaps supposed to look after them but decided to go out or not pay attention to them which resulted in a child going missing. If that is the case, then the mother could blame him for his inattention and losing their child. The only real issue over here is the fact that the second lead is totally unaware of the missing person. Considering he his Suji’s senior this would mean that he is older than Uri as well. So, he is unaware of his missing sibling. How is that even possible. Have they removed all traces of them that he has forgotten about them. I guess that makes partial sense. The other reason why the parents have issues between them could be a case of infidelity between one of them at this point. For instance, the director is showing a lot of attention towards Suji’s biological mother. Clearly his interest in her is more than a doctor with their normal patience. I may be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being in regards to an affair. It is totally possible that he is innocent and there is a misunderstanding between his wife. But while we are on the topic of having an affair it is possible that the person he had it with ended up getting pregnant but perhaps never informed him or the wife handled the situation without him being aware of this fact. In that case Uri may have been his child or the other one who could be his might be Na Young. Though I think we should hold of on that assumption for the time being. Perhaps both Uri and Na Young are related to that family just for laughs. But it seems unlikely at the given moment. Anyway due to the length of this post I will end it for the time being. Take care all of you and keep up with the posts. We need more theories to keep this thread going and also wonder when The Truck Of Doom will show up.
  3. I dunno if Sano (Gaku) was aware that the popular "finger heart" gesture can also mean "give me money". 😆 Anyhow, it suits the drama's title and missions. @CarolynH there are YT comments that TG movie theater release will be on Feb 2025. 🙂 +×÷+×÷+×÷+×÷+ Not Kdrama, but the Cdrama Princess Agents. It's been years and I'm still wondering how the drama adaptation got so messed up. I've no issue with the looks and acting of the cast, just how the story was mishandled. ÷×+÷×+÷×+÷×+÷ Men who cook and also know to do house chores are ❤️ ctto 254
  4. (Posted on: Thursday, 25 April 2024) Deng Wei : iQiyi Investment Conference - "Love Of The Divine Tree" Another First for Deng Wei. The first special episode of Deng Wei's "Love Of The Divine Tree" ranked First in the Average Interactive Popularity during the iQiyi Investment Conference on 23 April 2024. Number One out of 100 ! There are so many good works out there. Quite a number are from Veteran Actors and Actresses. So this is indeed another Stupendous Achievement by Deng Wei. A credit to his Name. I am very happy for him. In fact, "Love Of The Divine Tree", received special attention at iQiyi Investment Conference. Gong Yu (Founder, CEO), Wang Xiao Hui (Chief Content Officer), Yang Bei (Vice President) and Yu Fei (Head of Qi Zheng Studio), came out to introduce it. There are rumours saying that "Love Of The Divine Tree" will premiere in Summer. I personally think it should be in the Last Quarter of 2024. I hope Deng Wei will tread carefully and maintain this momentum all the way. Because, already set in motion, is a Vicious Attack on him. These new attacks chose to question his Sexual Orientation. Today, they are sprouting up in most of the entertainment articles and blogs. I am sure it is hitting Weibo now. These people will do anything to protect their own turfs and stars.
  5. Today
  6. I feel like there's a level of helpfulness in between the people who only helped four times and DH, and that's the janitor. I think he's as kind of a person as DH is, but just wasn't as knowledgeable to help with her grandma, or bold enough to confront the loan shark. But he's still the place JA goes when she's sick and needs help. Realistically people won't have be able to live up to what DH can do, but being as kind as the janitor is more than enough. I was able to rewatch the last few episodes recently. Strangely I didn't really feel jarred by it - maybe it because I don't really see My Mister as contributing to what happened to LSK. It was a lot different when I watched The Dark Knight for the first time as a kid and was convinced that playing the Joker contributed to Heath Ledger's unstable mental health. But I think it would be really tough to watch much of the first half of this show again, because DH is in such a rough shape there.
  7. She hasn’t shown much intelligence in the show. The writer has made her the opposite of SR. At least, AN is an intelligent kid or we would have many more angsty scenes. FL should be upfront with AN and said “SR is a bad woman”. Tell her how to protect herself. A lot of parents have been teaching their children to scream if they are being abducted.
  8. Only in kdrama can an accusation/allegation make a parent lose her child. She should have just negotiated to give up all claims to the company, in exchange for YJ. Old Yoon was shacking up HJ while the wife was alive, she could use that too. HW is like many kdrama FLs who threatens and blusters but does not do anything.
  9. The bts is so funny how they filmed sol's brother kicking sungjae in the face
  10. [NEWS] Icheon City, the popularity of the drama 'Queen of Tears' has had a huge effect on promoting Icheon rice Icheon City achieves great promotional effect by supporting production of ‘Queen of Tears’ It's known that the brand greatly contributed to promoting itself by inserting the 'King's Icheon' production support logo in the ending scenes of both the original broadcast and reruns. Yoon Sangmi, the director of the King's Icheon Brand Management Headquarters, said, "I hope many will watch the last two episodes on the 27th and 28th. We will work harder to widely promote the city of Icheon's 'King's Icheon' brand." http://www.snakorea.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=798091
  11. This drama is so underrated! Here are some reviews for its fans! A Good Movie To Watch: https://agoodmovietowatch.com/shows/my-lovely-boxer-2023/ The Drama Corner: https://thedramacorner.com/2023/10/24/review-my-lovely-boxer-2023/
  12. Kang Ha Neul headlines Netflix movie ‘Wall To Wall’ along with Yeom Hye Ran and Seo Hyun Woo https://thedramacorner.com/2024/04/24/kang-ha-neul-headlines-netflix-movie-wall-to-wall-along-with-yeom-hye-ran-and-seo-hyun-woo/
  13. This drama has me looking forward to Mondays. Here are some scenes that got cut from the episodes. https://twitter.com/hellobungz/status/1781192494824530392?t=JTfkbj-YUQIpRgBNrrYrJw&s=19
  14. New IG updates 4-21-2024 and 4-22-2024 https://www.instagram.com/p/C6CiSBiyWVS/?img_index=1 https://www.instagram.com/p/C6EJmzDx0sn/?img_index=1
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..