armanigurl

Please Help Me! Thread

On 3/20/2017 at 10:01 AM, jeijei said:

@northstar13

Annyeong chingu! 

Formula: feisty female x INTJ male + mystery + secret identity 

Recommendation

- She Was Pretty (INTJ level 7/10, mystery level  7/10, secret identity level 10/10)

- Personal Taste (INTJ level 6/10, mystery level  5/10, secret identity level 8/10)

- Legend of the Blue Sea (INTJ level 8/10, mystery level 10/10, secret identity level 8/10)

Thank you so much! I appreciate it :)

I hope this applies, but this is a question about Soompi. It say in the rules, that there should be a maximum four lines of text in a single post. With empty lines counting as lines. However, I've seen a bunch of people posting longer than that, and paragraphs, and how does that rule apply to text while including images and etc.? It's confusing. Also, is there a limit to how many videos or pictures you can put in a post? And is double posting discouraged?  

@interfell

Sorry I didn't see your questions until now. 

It doesn't say that in the rules regarding posting. You are referring to a maximum of four lines of text for signatures

7. OBEY THE SIGNATURE RULES
Maximum of 4 lines of text

Regarding images, you are allowed to post three and if you have any remaining images, then you put them behind the spoiler tag. Video's count as images so a maximum of three allowed with additional in spoiler.... Consecutive posting or double posting is discouraged unless you are live blogging a drama. 

Hope this helps :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MadraRua said:

@interfell

Sorry I didn't see your questions until now. 

It doesn't say that in the rules regarding posting. You are referring to a maximum of four lines of text for signatures

Regarding images, you are allowed to post three and if you have any remaining images, then you put them behind the spoiler tag. Video's count as images so a maximum of three allowed with additional in spoiler.... Consecutive posting or double posting is discouraged unless you are live blogging a drama. 

Hope this helps :) 

Oh. When it said 'OBEY THE SIGNATURE RULES' I thought that 'signature' was meaning 'typical'. Thanks for the clarification. :)

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I need some drama recommendations not sure how to describe the genre...but I'm looking for romantic/melodramas that have close to "real life" or reality situations or everyday relationships, something that makes you question life, morals, love, relationships...no fantasy elements, or fairytale love stories but something RAW 

example: Secret Love Affair, What Happened in Bali, Que Sera Sera

I'd also like recommendations about dramas where the story is about characters in their 30s or older and may have themes like finding love as a mature woman / life in marriage / divorce / affairs / life after divorce  / single mothers etc

Hello :) 

I'm new here, so i hope i post in the right forum otherwise please move my post. :)

I'm looking for a Japanese movie i saw in the 1980's i think.

I can't remember it's name, but i remember a few scenes.

One scene a Samurai or warrior pure olie over him self and his horse and set him self on fire, while ride through the enemy. I think its in a village.

Another scene is somebody is changing some other guys on horseback, the scene ends with the horses rider over a "cliff". you can see the horses tumbling down the cliff.

When i watch it i remember thinking, those horses look very real and i'm sure they did not survive the fall.

Can anybody help me out, i have been look for this movie for decades. :(

Thank you :)       

On 4/13/2017 at 1:53 AM, dramaobsessed said:

I need some drama recommendations not sure how to describe the genre...but I'm looking for romantic/melodramas that have close to "real life" or reality situations or everyday relationships, something that makes you question life, morals, love, relationships...no fantasy elements, or fairytale love stories but something RAW 

In theater and Japanese drama, it's called the "slice of life" genre. It's pretty much boring to some because it presents life raw and unpretentious, but it's my most favored Jdorama genre. Kdramas do not have this genre. It overlaps with other genres like melo, coming-of-age and police procedural.

1. Thank You - a melodrama about the stigma of being an HIV-positive child

2. The Producers - a parody of what Korean entertainment production

3. Age of Youth - coming-of-age drama about college students and struggling workers

4. Misaeng -  corporate culture 

5. Voice - police procedural based on real Korean cases, rated +19 for gruesome violence

On 4/13/2017 at 1:53 AM, dramaobsessed said:

I'd also like recommendations about dramas where the story is about characters in their 30s or older and may have themes like finding love as a mature woman / life in marriage / divorce / affairs / life after divorce  / single mothers etc

1. I Am Legend - drama about getting divorced and pursuing a delayed singing career

2. Fantastic - drama about 30-yr-olds' real-life problems

3. Scent of a Woman - drama about being terminally ill and unsuccessful at work but then dating your boss, who happens to be Lee Dong Wook, so yes, dying yet winning in life

4. I Need Romance franchise - well yes, they need romance

• Like 1

@denmyos, please check out Akira Kurosawa's Ran (1985). It might be the one you're looking for.

14 hours ago, jeijei said:

In theater and Japanese drama, it's called the "slice of life" genre. It's pretty much boring to some because it presents life raw and unpretentious, but it's my most favored Jdorama genre. Kdramas do not have this genre. It overlaps with other genres like melo, coming-of-age and police procedural.

1. Thank You - a melodrama about the stigma of being an HIV-positive child

2. The Producers - a parody of what Korean entertainment production

3. Age of Youth - coming-of-age drama about college students and struggling workers

4. Misaeng -  corporate culture 

5. Voice - police procedural based on real Korean cases, rated +19 for gruesome violence

1. I Am Legend - drama about getting divorced and pursuing a delayed singing career

2. Fantastic - drama about 30-yr-olds' real-life problems

3. Scent of a Woman - drama about being terminally ill and unsuccessful at work but then dating your boss, who happens to be Lee Dong Wook, so yes, dying yet winning in life

4. I Need Romance franchise - well yes, they need romance

Thank you so much for the recommendations, I haven't tried jdorama yet but which ones do you recommend in this genre?

6 hours ago, dramaobsessed said:

Thank you so much for the recommendations, I haven't tried jdorama yet but which ones do you recommend in this genre?

The slice of life genre presents and examines the daily life of the characters. Not so much plot going on, but the emotions are built up gradually. They don't preach you the lessons; you realize them on your own. Warning: it might be boring to the uninitiated because the pacing seems slow

1. Nobuta Wo Produce - Two high school boys suddenly decide to make their new classmate the most popular girl in school

2. Shinya Shokudou  A midnight diner opens to customers from all walks of life 

3. Densha Otoko - based on a true story, an online community helps a mediocre man confess to a rich woman he has met on the train

4. River's Edge Okawabata Detective Agency - the detectives fulfill the requests of their interesting clients, +18 for themes

5. Ohitorisama - A 30-year-old alpha female teacher falls in love with a much younger man

I hope you'll like even one of them.

• Like 1

@jeijei (or anyone else) I need some serious help.

I just love romantic drama's (yes, I admit it) and need help on a new drama to follow. Currently airing is fine, as long as it's GOOD. I watched SWDBS and I loved the chemistry between DBS and MH but hated a lot of other parts about it (the Tak-business just made no sense to me). That kinda ruined the drama for me so I need something to fill the gap. Goblin is something I absolutely loved and will watch again soon :) 
I'm still watching Shopping King Louis but that should be finished soon. I don't mind a sageuk but I'm not too fond of that particular genre.

So what can you recommend? :) 

@CamelKnight

It's a legal thriller but there are hints of romance in there too. Plus the tension just ratchets up every episode.  ---- Whisper 

• Like 2

@CamelKnight

Marriage Contract and Mask are the romance dramas that left me a lasting impression.

• Like 2

On 4/19/2017 at 0:55 AM, jeijei said:

The slice of life genre presents and examines the daily life of the characters. Not so much plot going on, but the emotions are built up gradually. They don't preach you the lessons; you realize them on your own. Warning: it might be boring to the uninitiated because the pacing seems slow

1. Nobuta Wo Produce - Two high school boys suddenly decide to make their new classmate the most popular girl in school

2. Shinya Shokudou  A midnight diner opens to customers from all walks of life 

3. Densha Otoko - based on a true story, an online community helps a mediocre man confess to a rich woman he has met on the train

4. River's Edge Okawabata Detective Agency - the detectives fulfill the requests of their interesting clients, +18 for themes

5. Ohitorisama - A 30-year-old alpha female teacher falls in love with a much younger man

I hope you'll like even one of them.

Thank you :heart:, will add them to my list of to watch 

On 4/19/2017 at 10:50 PM, CamelKnight said:

@jeijei (or anyone else) I need some serious help.

I just love romantic drama's (yes, I admit it) and need help on a new drama to follow. Currently airing is fine, as long as it's GOOD. I watched SWDBS and I loved the chemistry between DBS and MH but hated a lot of other parts about it (the Tak-business just made no sense to me). That kinda ruined the drama for me so I need something to fill the gap. Goblin is something I absolutely loved and will watch again soon :) 
I'm still watching Shopping King Louis but that should be finished soon. I don't mind a sageuk but I'm not too fond of that particular genre.

So what can you recommend? :) 

@CamelKnight I recommend 1% of anything (2016) if you haven't watched it already 

13 minutes ago, dramaobsessed said:

@CamelKnight I recommend 1% of anything (2016) if you haven't watched it already 

Unfortunately, I already did :) Quite nice, I ranked it 8.0/10 :) 

• Like 1