Quantcast
belovedycjm

Han Ji Min 한지민

Another review of Miss Baek:)

Miss Baek review: The noir film explodes out of South Korea, with a riveting performance from Han Ji-min

November restos picture: Lotte Cinema METROGRAB

Miss Baek is a story of the women who break you, and the women who make you. Nestled in between all the different ways patriarchy acts on a woman, South Korea’s Miss Baek is the tentative, heart-warming story of a horribly abused child and her journey towards justice – with the help of a jaded masseuse.

Miss Baek is Lee Ji-won’s first feature and it’s already making waves both in its home country in South Korea and beyond. It received double the box office gross of A Star is Born during both films’ opening weekend on 11 October and ventured west in its European premier for the first time as a screening at the London East Asian Film Festival (LEAFF).

The noir feature begins with gritty detective Jang-sup (Lee Hi-joon) walking through Seoul’s freezing streets, pushing past police and red tape in a run-down set of flats where he finds the month-old decomposed remains of an old woman, which he soon learns is the mother of his girlfriend, Baek.

Loading video

Men are little more than caricatures, at best, and absentees at worst in a feature that boils down to the tale of two women and their struggle for the soul of a little girl. Baek, who works as a masseuse and washes cars constantly spurns the affections of her boyfriend, rejecting hundreds of proposals in a way that seems callous – until viewers learn that her mother abused her intensely throughout her childhood, and she fought off an attempted rapist in her teen years, only to be failed by the law when she needed it the most.

One night she comes across a bedraggled little girl called Ji-eun, (Kim Si-ah) whose body is filled with cuts and bruises, and after feeling bad and taking her to a food tent, she meets a seemingly well-meaning and warm stepmother, Mi-kyung (Kwon So-hyun).

November restos picture: Lotte Cinema METROGRAB
(Picture: Lotte Cinema) 

Viewers soon discover that Mi-kyung’s warmth is nothing more than an act, and behind her neat clothes and smiling face is a vicious woman who beats Ji-eun and forces her to reside in the bathroom with the air conditioner on, hoping to slowly kill her whilst her father (Baek Soo-jang), also an abuse victim, ignores it all and attempts to numb himself through an addiction to computer games.

Han Ji-min swaps her glitzy drama roles for the gritty anti-hero in a portrayal at odds with her usual, quirky characters. Her depiction of Baek is both quiet and loud, both calm and raging – a mesmerising presence on screen. It comes as little surprise that Ji-min won best actress award at LEAFF, as well as best actress for the role at the 38th Korean Association Film Critics Awards.

Han ji min's hard work and sincerity really pays off:wub:

• Like 3

I think han ji min is nominated for best actress as well as her co actor and director in the 39th Blue Dragon Awards. I don't want my hopes up but i really wish all of them will win. They truly deserve it for a female centered film. So excited:wub:

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 4:32 PM, feelbora said:

Why is it still locked?

@richelle I wasn't sure I could see any clear News.
But I'm glad it's official.
I'm excited about Han Ji Min and Nam Joo Hyuk.
I hope this drama will be the best job of Nam Joo Hyuk.
12 chapters are too little for me.
So I don't want to wait too long for Han Ji Min's next drama.
If possible, his should always have a new drama.
And she shouldn't let me miss her anymore.
I'il always be happy watching him. :wub:

On 10/28/2018 at 8:23 PM, richelle said:

i hope there will be articles confirming the cast of her upcoming drama dazzling. The dedicated thread is still locked. I think the cast should be confirmed first before we can post in the thread.

Hi guys!  I'm a fan of Son Ho Jun.  Thought you would be interested that there's an article about Han Ji Min's new drama and Son Ho Jun is one of the cast! :D  The English translation is not that good so I'm not sure if SHJ is confirmed or if he just got an offer.  Here's the link (hope somebody can translate):

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0001067611

Glad I checked this thread and found out right away that the drama does have a thread already (although it is locked).  The synopsis posted seems interesting (it wasn't clear in the article translation).  I'm wondering what SHJ's role in it would be. :)  I find it kinda ironic that SHJ and HJM would be together in 1 show coming from a drama with a time-travel theme (Go Back Couple & Familiar Wife). :D

• Like 3

@kyutroguewelcome to the thread. I like Son ho jun in go back couple. It will be interesting that both shj and hjm acted in time travel dramas recently. The drama dazzling is pre produced so they are already shooting. I also have seen that 9 episodes are already ready. As per nei the drama will follow sky castle and scheduled fri-sat in jtbc:wub: 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, richelle said:

@kyutroguewelcome to the thread. I like Son ho jun in go back couple. It will be interesting that both shj and hjm acted in time travel dramas recently. The drama dazzling is pre produced so they are already shooting. I also have seen that 9 episodes are already ready. As per nei the drama will follow sky castle and scheduled fri-sat in jtbc:wub: 

I'm surprised they already have 9 episodes done when I haven't even heard of this show before (unlike other upcoming dramas which have articles or vids on YT).  They are doing pretty good keeping the show a secret. ;)  I hope the thread would be open so we could talk about it there. :)

Hmmm....is it possible that SHJ is only doing a cameo?  Since you say that Dazzling already had 9 episodes done and SHJ is still shooting for Terius Behind Me.  Unless he is shooting them at the same time?  I have seen a fancam of Hojun, but that clip never aired on Terius.

• Like 3

Revisit Ji Min UK fun time.  I think it is extremely fun as you can simply walk around with less people recognising you.

credit to ji min ig

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kyutrogue said:

I'm surprised they already have 9 episodes done when I haven't even heard of this show before (unlike other upcoming dramas which have articles or vids on YT).  They are doing pretty good keeping the show a secret. ;)  I hope the thread would be open so we could talk about it there. :)

Hmmm....is it possible that SHJ is only doing a cameo?  Since you say that Dazzling already had 9 episodes done and SHJ is still shooting for Terius Behind Me.  Unless he is shooting them at the same time?  I have seen a fancam of Hojun, but that clip never aired on Terius.

No only the script for 9 episodes are ready, not done shooting yet. I think my post is confusing, sorry chinggu. I think they are only starting to shoot this month. There are not so many articles yet about the drama. The only confirmed cast is han ji min, nam joo hyuk and kim hye ja:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

^confirmed chinggu. They reached the break even point today:wub: the cast has a theater visit today and they are all crying while being interviewed, i got teary eyed even if i don't understand what they say, they must be so happy:) tears of joy that the movie that they had a hard time in the distribution has been doing well not only in the movie attendance but is getting great reviews too. A female centric film that is really hard to market in the cut throat movie industry in korea. I hope not only they reached the break even point that even me at the start never imagined they will last this long in the theaters. What a feat indeed. Congrats to the production and to the wholecast. A great birthday gift for our han ji min:wub:

They are teasing kwon so hyun to win as best supporting actress in the coming 39th Blue Dragon Awards. I think she and han ji min deserves to win:wub:

• Like 1

Ji min is surrounded by younger and good looking men lol. This drama would be fun:wub:

tomorrow is ji min's birthday. She might be overwhelmed by the success of miss baek and being recognized for her role. She and kwon so hyun has a high chance of winning best actress. Can't wait:wub:

• Like 2

Daebak han ji min managed to attend the theater visit for miss baek today despite her being busy with the launch of her new endorsement. She's a real trooper. Her voice seems she is a bit sick. Get well and happy happy birthday our dear ji min:wub:

• Like 1

Happy happy birthday han ji min:wub: You have been busy the past few months so i hope you can get some rest. Congratulations in advance:D

• Like 1

Happy birthday Han Ji Min!! ^_^ 

On 11/2/2018 at 3:29 PM, richelle said:

No only the script for 9 episodes are ready, not done shooting yet. I think my post is confusing, sorry chinggu. I think they are only starting to shoot this month. There are not so many articles yet about the drama. The only confirmed cast is han ji min, nam joo hyuk and kim hye ja:)

Ah.  Thanks for explaining that. :) I hope more articles be released soon and we also know more character descriptions. :) Did they open the Dazzling thread yet?

On 11/3/2018 at 6:27 AM, tok-soompi said:

@kyutrogue, it is confirmed Son Ho Jun is involved in Dazzling drama.  Great!!

What a great star cast.

Reveal hidden contents

Credit to author

I'm so excited!  I just love how Han Ji Min & Son Ho Jun will work together...hopefully he can be at least a third wheel.  It's really find it amusing coz they both starred in a time travel drama.  :D  Excited too coz Ho Jun will be reunited with Nam Joo Hyuk

On 11/3/2018 at 6:57 PM, richelle said:

Ji min is surrounded by younger and good looking men lol. This drama would be fun:wub:

:blush::thumbsup:

• Like 2

Finally a new update came.

I was so scared that the 'Dazzling' drama would be 12 episodes.
And I wanted it to be 16 episodes.
But he writes 32 chapters.
I hope it gets real.

But I think 32-episode drama for JTBC is hardly seen.
Their paths are clear.
And I hope the name of the drama doesn't change.
I love it. :love:

• Like 2

November 7, 2018

Kim Hye Ja, Han Ji Min, Nam Joo Hyuk, And Son Ho Jun Confirmed As Main Cast Of New JTBC Drama

Source: Soompi  by J. Lim

Kim Hye Ja, Han Ji Min, Nam Joo Hyuk, And Son Ho Jun Confirmed As Main Cast Of New JTBC Drama

Kim Hye Ja, Han Ji Min, Nam Joo Hyuk, and Son Ho Jun will be starring in an upcoming drama!

“Dazzling” (working title), JTBC’s new Monday-Tuesday drama that will air in 2019, has confirmed the four actors as its leading cast and has begun filming.

“Dazzling” tells the story of a woman who lost time before she got to use it all and a man who lives his brightest days by doing nothing and wasting them away. It will be a fantasy drama that follows the lives of two people who live in the same time but also live in completely different times.

Anticipation is high for the drama as it will bring together Kim Hye Ja, Han Ji Min, Nam Joo Hyuk, and Son Ho Jun. Also, producing director (PD) Kim Seok Yoon and screenwriters Lee Nam Kyu and Kim Soo Jin will be working together again, with their previous collaborations including productions like “Awl,” “My Wife is Having an Affair This Week,” “Old Miss Diary” and the “Detective K” film series.

Kim Hye Ja and Han Ji Min will both be playing the role of Kim Hye Ja, a woman who finds herself with the ability to travel through time. The character is an extremely positive and loyal person who hopes to become a news anchor and can’t stand by when she sees injustice taking place. Despite having the power to manipulate time, she finds herself caught in a complicated situation no matter what she does.

Nam Joo Hyuk will take on the role of Lee Joon Ha, who wishes to become a reporter. His character has been so focused on running full-steam ahead towards his dream job that he has become someone who is throwing away the best days of his life and living a lethargic life. Son Ho Jun will play Kim Hye Ja’s older brother Kim Young Soo, who isn’t bogged down by time and is full of mischief. He works as a content creator and is expected to bring big laughs with his character.

“Dazzling” began filming in October and is expected air on JTBC in 2019.

Are you excited to watch this drama?

Source (1)

• Like 2

Atlast a confirmation of the drama and cast. Most of the dramas of the PD and screenwriters are only 12 episodes long. I really hope this is a 16 episode drama. But as long as the story is good, any length will be fine with me:wub:

• Like 2