Quantcast
ilwoo_aein

Jung Il Woo 정일우 - Current Drama : Haechi /Hatch

On 10/11/2018 at 3:45 PM, irilight said:

Jung Il-Woo considers post-army comeback in fusion sageuk

Boy, does time fly! Jung Il-woo (Cinderella and the Four Knights, Records of a Night Watchman) will be discharged from the army this year and the actor is said to be considering an offer for a fusion sageuk drama titled Haechi. His agency has confirmed that the offer is being considered, but stressed that nothing has been finalized as Jung Il-woo is still completing his term in public service.

Read more on Dramabeans

Hi irilight I'm already excited about seeing Jung Il Woo again on TV. I have missed this man so much. :P

• Like 2

On 10/13/2018 at 2:23 PM, evie7 said:

Thank you all for posting this good news. I have missed him, it's good to know he's already getting offers. I hope he picks a good drama. I'm so excited he will be discharged in less than 2 months

@evie7 , and @willenette little-cutie-says-hello-smiley-emoticon.,  I am also very excited for his upcoming discharge.  And looking forward to see what choice he'd make. That fusion sageuk sounds good to me because of the writer. I want to see him also with a good leading lady.

Also, let us remember that he has a Chinese drama coming  out - Beautiful Woman

Viki has a fan channel for it.

https://www.viki.com/tv/35691c-beauty-dream

With the Hallyu Ban being lifted more and more drama with Korean actors are coming soon.

Lets support this Jung Il-Woo with this drama too, by submitting license requests to Viki.

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, irilight said:

@evie7  little-cutie-says-hello-smiley-emoticon.,  I am also very excited for his upcoming discharge.  And looking forward to see what choice he'd make. That fusion sageuk sounds good to me because of the writer. I want to see him also with a good leading lady.

Also, let us remember that he has a Chinese drama coming  out - Beautiful Woman

Viki has a fan channel for it.

https://www.viki.com/tv/35691c-beauty-dream

With the Hallyu Ban being lifted more and more drama with Korean actors are coming soon.

Lets support this Jung Il-Woo with this drama too, by submitting license requests to Viki.

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

Hi irilight, thanks for the reminder about this C-drama. I really hope that VIKI will get the license for this drama for his international fans. . Looking forward to his discharge. I'm happy he's back on the small screen right after coming out from the military. ... I will always support him.  I wish him all the best! Fighting JIW! :P

• Like 2

Jung Il Woo, Go Ara, Kwon Yool, And Park Hoon Cast In New Historical Drama

c303c3c24b9245ddb662d90222be354b.jpeg?s=

Oct 30, 2018
by C. Hong

On October 30, a source from SBS confirmed that Jung Il Woo, Go Ara, Kwon Yool, and Park Hoon had been cast in the new drama “Haechi.”

“Haechi” is a fusion sageuk drama inspired by the myth of Haechi, a guardian of justice. It tells the story of a prince with a commoner mother who teams up with a ragtag band of people to stake his claim to the throne.

Jung Il Woo has been cast as Prince Yeoning in his first drama after completing his mandatory military service. Go Ara will be playing a brilliant inspector who works for the government despite being discriminated against because of her gender.

Kwon Yool has been cast in the role of Park Moon Soo, a passionate young man who seeks justice and believes that the top 1 percent in Joseon society should hold a sword only to defend the weak.

Park Hoon will be playing the role of the court entertainer, who fools around with the court gisaengs and impresses with his martial arts skills.

“Haechi” is expected to air sometime in the first half of 2019.

Source (1) (2)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1254627wpp/jung-il-woo-go-ara-kwon-yool-park-hoon-cast-new-historical-drama

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hugo10 said:

Jung Il Woo, Go Ara, Kwon Yool, And Park Hoon Cast In New Historical Drama

Oct 30, 2018
by C. Hong

On October 30, a source from SBS confirmed that Jung Il Woo, Go Ara, Kwon Yool, and Park Hoon had been cast in the new drama “Haechi.”

“Haechi” is a fusion sageuk drama inspired by the myth of Haechi, a guardian of justice. It tells the story of a prince with a commoner mother who teams up with a ragtag band of people to stake his claim to the throne.

Jung Il Woo has been cast as Prince Yeoning in his first drama after completing his mandatory military service. Go Ara will be playing a brilliant inspector who works for the government despite being discriminated against because of her gender.

Kwon Yool has been cast in the role of Park Moon Soo, a passionate young man who seeks justice and believes that the top 1 percent in Joseon society should hold a sword only to defend the weak.

Park Hoon will be playing the role of the court entertainer, who fools around with the court gisaengs and impresses with his martial arts skills.

“Haechi” is expected to air sometime in the first half of 2019.

Source (1) (2)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1254627wpp/jung-il-woo-go-ara-kwon-yool-park-hoon-cast-new-historical-drama

Hi hugo, thanks for sharing some news about his comeback drama after military discharge soon. I'm happy that there's something to look forward..... The upcoming drama has now found its main cast. I read that JIW will be playing the character of Lee Geum who is born to a musuri, a slave in charge of menial house chores, and is therefore not considered as ideal royalty. He is a cool-headed natural genius, but he's also useless. Although we don't have a definite release schedule yet, can't wait for this drama.  :P

• Like 3

On 10/14/2018 at 5:23 AM, evie7 said:

@hugo10 @willenette@irilight@feelbora Thank you all for posting this good news. I have missed him, it's good to know he's already getting offers. I hope he picks a good drama. I'm so excited he will be discharged in less than 2 months:heart: 

Hi evie, JIW has a new period drama entitled "Haechi" as soon as he completes his MS soon. It is eyeing for a February 2019 broadcast. This will be the fourth period drama for him. He'll play the character of a prince. As far as I remember it will also be his third role as a prince. :P

• Like 2

November 9, 2018

SBS announces the cast of ‘Haechi’

Actors Jung Il-woo, Kwon Yul and Go A-ra have been cast in the upcoming SBS drama “Haechi,” the company announced Thursday.

The drama, which is set to premiere in February, is a historical series that tells the story of Prince Lee-geum, who was the son of a low-class mother. Together with Park Mun-su, a young man who has long been preparing for the civil service exam, Yeo-ji, a hard-working female inspector, and Dal-mun, a rowdy guy from the streets, the prince seeks to claim the throne.

Jung will be playing the role of the prince, who is smart and zealous, but is discriminated against for his lower class. Kwon will play the role of Park, a passionate man who seeks justice and aims to protect the weak and the poor. And Ko will play Yeo-ji, who a very talented inspector who speaks Korean, Japanese and Chinese, but is discriminated against for her gender.

The drama is written by Kim Yi-young, who was behind MBC’s popular historical series “Yi San” (2007-8) and “Dong Yi” (2010), and is directed by Lee Yong-suk, known for SBS dramas “Iljimae” (2008) and “Wife Returns” (2009-10).

By Yeo Ye-rim

credit : JoongAngDaily

• Like 3

On 11/8/2018 at 4:17 AM, willenette said:

Hi evie, JIW has a new period drama entitled "Haechi" as soon as he completes his MS soon. It is eyeing for a February 2019 broadcast. This will be the fourth period drama for him. He'll play the character of a prince. As far as I remember it will also be his third role as a prince. :P

Thank you:heart: for tagging me with the good news. I'm so happy we get him back on our screenshappy-dancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

• Like 2

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/11/jung-il-woo-returns-from-military-service-today-to-star-in-new-drama-hatch

Jung Il Woo returns from military service today + to star in new drama 'Hatch'

Jung Il Woo

Jung Il Woo is coming back!

According to J-One International, November 30 is the last day of Jung Il Woo's mandatory military service. The actor has been serving as a public service worker at a nursing home in Seocho-gu, Seoul. 

Jung Il Woo plans to immediately resume promotions through upcoming SBS drama 'Hatch'. The star was cast in the male leading role of king Lee Geum. Actress Go Ara will reportedly play the female lead. 'Hatch' is scheduled to air in February of 2019. 
  • Like 2

1bdf62bb375542e3b50e4df1937d73c4.jpeg?s=

Jung Il Woo Talks About Military Experience And Thanks Fans For Continued Support

Jung Il Woo has expressed his feelings of gratitude to fans.

On November 30, Jung Il Woo was discharged from the military. The actor enlisted in December of 2016 and completed his mandatory service as a community service worker at a senior care center in Seocho District, where senior citizens who suffer from dementia and palsy are receiving treatment and care.

Spoiler

jung-il-woo.jpg

The actor was unable to enlist as an active duty soldier after being diagnosed with a cerebral aneurysm. While his diagnosis could have been grounds for exemption from compulsory enlistment, the actor expressed his determination to complete his service and began alternative military service.

Fans fervently greeted Jung Il Woo at the site of his discharge. In response, Jung Il Woo flashed them a bright smile. In front of fans and reporters, Jung Il Woo remarked, “I’m greeting you all after two years. For my alternate military service, I helped elderly people.”

He continued, “I think I’ve learned a lot, and [this experience] will be of great help to my acting life as well.”

jung-il-woo-3.jpg

In regards to his comeback project “Haechi,” a fusion sageuk drama inspired by the myth of Haechi, a guardian of justice, Jung Il Woo stated, “I will be starring in ‘Haechi.’ I was really itching to act all this time, and I thought a lot about wanting to work.” He will be acting alongside Go Ara and Kwon Yool in this new drama that will open the “second chapter of his life.”

To fans who’ve waited for Jung Il Woo during his two years of military service, he graciously commented, “I’m greeting you all after a long time. Thank you so much for coming.” After he finished answering questions, he shook hands with fans.

He also moved fans when he told them, “I’ll work hard so I can repay you all for your love.”

jung-il-woo-2-xpn-768x870.jpg

source

• Like 1

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/11/jung-il-woo-says-he-learned-a-lot-during-his-military-service

Jung Il Woo says he learned a lot during his military service

Actor Jung Il Woo has completed his mandatory military service. 

On November 30, Jung Il Woo officially completed his mandatory service as a public service worker. The actor served at the nursing home in Seocho since December 8, 2016. 

To the press gathered, Jung Il Woo flashed a warm smile and said, "I'm greeting you guys for the first time in 2 years." He continued, "I served for the elderly. It was a time of great learning as human Jung Il Woo. I also believe this experience will become a strong foundation to my acting career."

Jung Il Woo is scheduled to star in 'Hatch' alongside Go Ara and Kwon Yul. The new drama is set to air in February. 
  • Like 2

@irilight, thank you so much for sharing the video! All of us are so looking forward to see him back in action 

@hugo10, nice photos :heart:  I was actually there at Seocho senior care yesterday to see and greet him during the discharge event. He is so dashingly handsome :love: Really can't take my eyes off him :grin:

The whole experience was so surreal and mesmerising. I'm glad that I made the decision to travel 4,493km to see him person. 

• Like 3

'Promotion Ambassador of National Museum of Korea' appointment ceremony 3/12/2018

DteKGaoVYAAJY2b.jpg

Spoiler

DteKHtpUUAAJxv1.jpg

DteKJSxV4AAxmHl.jpg

DteKKIuVAAEImN6.jpg

• Like 3

On 12/3/2018 at 5:17 PM, hugo10 said:

'Promotion Ambassador of National Museum of Korea' appointment ceremony 3/12/2018

Reveal hidden contents

DteKHtpUUAAJxv1.jpg

DteKJSxV4AAxmHl.jpg

DteKKIuVAAEImN6.jpg

Hi hugo, thanks for sharing this + the pictures. Good to see JIW discharged from the military & welcome him back to my screen again soon. So NICE that he came back to his old body built. He looks so fine. So COOL that after some days of discharge, he was also appointed as the official public relations ambassador for the National Museum of Korea for two years. JIW is returning in time for the holiday season. :lol:

MORE -

20181203_1543821307_70145100_1.jpg?w=520

cr-Hellokpop

• Like 2

On 11/30/2018 at 4:28 PM, Jeannie Teo said:

I was actually there at Seocho senior care yesterday to see and greet him during the discharge event. He is so dashingly handsome :love: Really can't take my eyes off him :grin:

The whole experience was so surreal and mesmerising. I'm glad that I made the decision to travel 4,493km to see him person. 

I'm so happy that you were able to be there for him:heart: A little jealous too but it had to mean the world to him for his fans to greet him.

So nice to see him again

• Like 3