Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dramaok

[Drama 2007] Blissful Woman / A Happy Woman 행복한 여자

[KBS] Yoon Jeong Hui, Kim Seok Hoon, Jeong Kyeo Woon
i'm not exactly sure if i will watch this faithfully.. but since i couldnt' find a thread on it i'm starting one..

blissful woman - 행복한 여자 [haeng-bok-han-yeo-ja]

http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/happy/index.html

kbs wkend drama. started on january 6th, 2007. every saturday and sunday night at 7:55pm on kbs2 tv.

d070103001mp5.jpg

yoon jeong-hui as 'lee ji-yeon' (accessory designer. upbeat and kind)

d070103005rf5.jpg

kim seok-hoon as 'kim tae seop' (a mourning detective)

d070103004qn1.jpg

jeong gyeo-oon as 'choi jun-ho' (ji-yeon's husband)

d070103003lm1.jpg

moon jeong-hui as 'lee ji-sook' (ji-yeon's oldest sister. single)

d070103002ms0.jpg

kim yoon-jeong as 'lee ji-seon' (ji-yeon's second sister. married and broke)

pd: kim jong-chang (1996 kbs 'first love'; 1997 'when you call me')

writer: park jeong-ran (2005 kbs 'my sweetheart my darling'; 1993 kbs 'yellow handkerchief')

--------

when the story opens, ji-yeon and jun-ho are married. they have overcome his family's opposition and are finally married in bliss in an apt away from their families. but his mother continues to dislike her for her poor background (ji-yeon's mother raised 3 daughters alone since ji-yeon's father had an affair w/ the mother and later left them). ji-yeon works hard to make money so that her inlaws dont' think lightly of her.. and she tries to score points w/ jun-ho's mom whenever she can, but on the mother's b-day she runs into an incident that delays her and she doesn't make it to the birthday celebration until afterwards.. the incident she was involved in leaves detective tae-seop into a tragic situation as his partner is killed... leaving a young son behind. ji-yeon's husband jun-ho meets his first love in ep. 2, and the audience is left w/ the idea that he may soon have an affair w/ this first love... taeseop.. is a hard working detective w/ a sad past.. his mother remarried while he was in highschool and he was then abandoned.. but later she reunites w/ his mother and stepfather.. but he still doesn't open his heart to them.

if you read the profiles on kbs homepage, you find out that ji-yeon gets abandoned by jun-ho soon, and she raises their child alone.. but her fate w/ tae-seop continues.. and they eventually fall in love..

thehappywomane02070107saa4.jpgthehappywomane02070107sqw9.jpg

thehappywomane02070107sgb2.jpgthehappywomane02070107sxu3.jpg

thehappywomane02070107seu2.jpgthehappywomane02070107scf5.jpg

--------

character chart:

sub1con301lj7.jpg

familymc3.jpg

--------

off to a good start:

tns media nationwide:

ep. 1: 23.9% (jan. 6th)

ep. 2: 23.5% (jan. 7th)

woah.. good start? that is an extraordinary start.. 20% plus ratings on the first day? tha's incredible. I think the girl looks bad in here tho

thanks for starting the thread dramaok..I was really wondering if someone will start the thread about the drama..I haven't seen this yet (just the preview from the KBS Drama Awards) and among all the actors only Kim Suk-hoon is familiar to me, but with the ratings I might try this out

wow... amazed with the ratings.....

Wat's with Kim Suk Hoon's hair?

Gonna check this one out.... how many episodes are there for this?

yup 20+ rating is incredible for opening 2 eppies.

but then again this is replacing 'chil gongju' which got up to the high 40%..

and yoon jeong-hui starred in the highest rated weekend drama in 2005 (sbs 'dear heaven' ) so this drama is expected to do really well.

not surprised if it will be in the 30s by next month.

but yeah she looks alittle funny to me too. her girl-sounding voice is almost annoying too.. but she's captivating in her own right.

something about her really big nose that makes you wanna look at her again and again. :mellow:

kim seok-hoon's hair does look funny. very ajumma like.. :unsure: and the hubby is really cute.

yup 20+ rating is incredible for opening 2 eppies.

but then again this is replacing 'chil gongju' which got up to the high 40%..

and yoon jeong-hui starred in the highest rated weekend drama in 2005 (sbs 'dear heaven' ) so this drama is expected to do really well.

not surprised if it will be in the 30s by next month.

but yeah she looks alittle funny to me too. her girl-sounding voice is almost annoying too.. but she's captivating in her own right.

something about her really big nose that makes you wanna look at her again and again. :mellow:

kim seok-hoon's hair does look funny. very ajumma like.. :unsure: and the hubby is really cute.

lol that sounds funny, the big nose part.. like its a criticism.. but also a compliment. ^_^.

I doubt it was realkly affected by 7 princesses reputation, but its possible. Dear Heaven was really good though. Although I didn't think she was that great in there. I probably will watch this if it gets subbed by chinese groups. I;ll cross my fingers.

lol that sounds funny, the big nose part.. like its a criticism.. but also a compliment. ^_^.

I doubt it was realkly affected by 7 princesses reputation, but its possible. Dear Heaven was really good though. Although I didn't think she was that great in there. I probably will watch this if it gets subbed by chinese groups. I;ll cross my fingers.

ep1 with chinese subs was released yesterday :)

http://bbs.btpig.com/viewthread.php?tid=63...;extra=page%3D2

oooh ... thanks for starting a thread on this. lol ... i remember i was so distracted by yjh's nose when i was watching dear heaven last time but finally manage to get over it. glad to see a thread for this drama ... 'coz i found the chinese subbed version out so been wondering what this drama is about. i kept thinking the guy looks familiar ... a little like kim nam jin ... heh~ maybe it's me. but i don't think i've seen his drama before though ... hmmmn...

oooh ... thanks for starting a thread on this. lol ... i remember i was so distracted by yjh's nose when i was watching dear heaven last time but finally manage to get over it. glad to see a thread for this drama ... 'coz i found the chinese subbed version out so been wondering what this drama is about. i kept thinking the guy looks familiar ... a little like kim nam jin ... heh~ maybe it's me. but i don't think i've seen his drama before though ... hmmmn...

that guy DOES look like kim nam jin. he could pass as his brother. my sis and i were sitting there looking at him wondering who he reminded us of and agreed that it was KNJ. i think he's a newbie...maybe model turn actor (cuz of his height) :)

btw, ep 2 with chinese sub is out.

e_1024.jpg

c_1024.jpg

f_1024.jpg

d_1024.jpg

a_1024.jpg

b_1024.jpg

lol ... glad to hear i'm not the only one who thought the husband looked kind of like kim nam jin. personally i think he's cuter than kim nam jin though with a more alert expression. haha ... i just finished watchiing episode 1 ... not too bad at all. i think enough to keep me interested checking out episode 2.

kim suk hoon ... i don't know why his hairstyle is like that :crazy: ... the last drama i saw him in ... secret men & women/secret lovers ... he had permed hair too although less frizzy :ph34r: and his dressing & color coordination had me & my sister going :blink: *sigh* ... so the husband is gonna cheat on her eh? *sigh* ... they were so sweet together not to mention he's awfully cute~ hehe

the father in law is so sweet & nice though ... haha ... at least he's on her side. so there's gonna be a kid? that means she & the hubby won't be separating that soon i suppose since they have to make one first. lol

ep. 3 [jan. 13, 2007]:

nationwide: 16.2%

seoul capitol: 15.8%

ep. 4 [jan. 14th, 2007]:

nationwide: 17.3%

seoul capitol: 16.5%

source: tns

well ratings dropped quite a bit during second week.

ppl are finding yoon jeong-hui's acting 'overboard'..

but this should be a pretty long drama (30-50 ep.) so it's still really early to tell if it'll be a successful drama or a good watch altogether...

i personally not sure how long i can stand her acting either. it's quite exagerrated. and her voice. especially her pronunciation. :ph34r:

but gosh the husband is so cute.. all the side characters seem kinda plain..

lol ... glad to hear i'm not the only one who thought the husband looked kind of like kim nam jin. personally i think he's cuter than kim nam jin though with a more alert expression.

hi exupery! yeah i agree. a more alert expressioned kim nam jin. ^^

happywomane03kor070113swl5.jpg

happywomane03kor070113srr8.jpg

kim seok-hoon isn't the only one w/ *cough* hair. this is the husband's first love..

not sure what's wrong w/ her but she seems rather ahjoomma next to him. :blink:

happywomane03kor070113sbw4.jpg

bliss of newlyweds..

happywomane03kor070113syp8.jpg

happywomane03kor070113snq6.jpg

happywomane03kor070113sxy8.jpg

happywomane03kor070113sep2.jpg

but short lived.. husband goes to ski resort and does the 'winter sonata' reinactment w/ the ajoomma. <_<

happywomane03kor070113stz4.jpg

happywomane03kor070113stm5.jpg

kim seok-hoon isn't the only one w/ *cough* hair. this is the husband's first love..

not sure what's wrong w/ her but she seems rather ahjoomma next to him. :blink:

OMG ... puahahaha ... i was like you gotta be kidding me ... he's gonna have an affair with her when i saw her appearing???!!!!!! i was telling a friend on msn that the first love looked so weird~

lol ... yjh ... she got criticized in sky last time too for not being able to pronounce properly. her character seems overly chirpy ... but for some weird reason i could still stomach her. or maybe i'm still watching for her cute husband but darn it ... he's gonna cheat on her with that ahjooma girl ... not sure how long i'll keep up either. hahaha

oh yes ... is one of the girls not the mom's daughters? 'coz of something the 2nd daughter said ... maybe i'm thinking too much into it. haha ... and the little boy ... the son of kim suk hoon's partner ... he's geum soon's little boy isn't it?

Oh look, it's ja kyung from 'dear heaven'...or well i mean yoo jung hui, lol. i was never fond of her acting, but i should be happy for her to take on another lead role. It's really hard for me to get use to her cute acting in this drama...and yes, it's quite annoying...but she's a type of actress that somehow grows on me gradually. And her husband in this drama...wasn't he from 'Hello Teacher/Biscuit teacher and star candy? He came out as Gong Yoo's soomewhat annoying friend? Better research his name, lol.

I skimmed all four episodes and so far...it's an okay drama...i don't like that fact that her husband is going to cheat on her for that other girl...argh, but whatever...since the drama is titled 'blissful woman'...it MUST have some sort of happy ending to her life.

I like Kang Suk Hoon...but what is up with his hair...i love his drama 'tomatoe' look the best! And that little boy...first i see him in 'be strong geum-soon'...than in 'my love'...and now in here...hehe...he's a cute boy and i remember in Be Strong GeumSoon...he never talked until the very last couple of episodes...he still can't talk very well or sometimes i can't make out what he's saying...but he's still cute...but i feel so sorry for this boy in this drama.

hi sandy~~~~~~~~

ooooh ... you know what?? i think you're right about the husband being in that gong yu & gong hyo jin drama~~~ no wonder i thought he looked kind of familiar other than thinking he looked kind of like kim nam jin~ i know what you mean ... kim suk hoon looked the best in the drama tomato ... since then he's just kind of lost it for me~ heh~

Did anyone see today's episode 5? Did he cheat? Did he cheat? I want her husband to cheat just so I can see how she hooks up with the other guy. I still can not see that happening, so yeah, I am really curious :sweatingbullets:

missed episode 5 today... can anyone provide some spoilers?

preview for episode 6 is out... can anyone help translate?

하영은 준호를 데리고 교외로 나간다. 준호의 지연에 대한 사랑에 질투심을 느끼는 하영. 두 사람 모두 취한데다 만취한 하영의 부탁으로 준호는 하영과 함께 밤을 보내게 된다. 도망치듯 서울로 돌아온 준호는 지연의 의심을 받게 되고...

온종일 맘이 불편한 준호에게 하영이 찾아온다. 하영은 준호를 안심시키면서 한 가지 제안을 한다.

한편, 미라는 태섭에겐 사연을 숨긴 채 혼자 병원을 찾고, 태섭은 집에 돌아왔을 때에 미라가 보이지 않자 착잡해진다.

종민은 지선이 다녀간 사실에 맘이 쓰이고, 고민 끝에 지선에게 전화를 한다. 지선은 아버지인 종민의 전화를 받곤 원망스런 마음에 끊어버리고 마는데.....

I totally overlooked this drama thinking that it wouldnt be that good, but I love it so far to my surprise.

Especially I love the older generation actors and actresses. It has ppl from two past good dramas... the Gum Soon Ah drama and Hahn Gahng...one river drama.

IMO compared to As much as heaven and earth and some other dramas that are doing well right now.... I like this drama better so far...

=D

Also knowing that somehow...the two main character (Tae Seop and Ji Yeon) will get together ....it get's pretty complicated since:

Ji Yeon's father who abandoned them is Tae Seop's step dad.