Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

natedao

Tim Hwang Young Min, The Korean-american Ballad Prince

You know what's really cool?

My church pastor, Pastor Matt originally wrote and sang the song

Walk On Water, and he sent it to Tim Hwang and he resang it for him and put it on his album =]

It's a bit different from my pastor's version, but it's still amazing<3

You know what's really cool?

My church pastor, Pastor Matt originally wrote and sang the song

Walk On Water, and he sent it to Tim Hwang and he resang it for him and put it on his album =]

It's a bit different from my pastor's version, but it's still amazing<3

hi yg_bigbang, really?

ah..really want to listen Pastor Matt's version ^^

'walk on water' is beautiful, even im not Christian but when i listen Tim's version i feel so touched with his singing :)

[코리아타임즈] Tim Sings Sweet Ballads, Once Again (2006.5.23)

ensor200605231627280timka3.th.jpg

'' The love that we trusted so dearly became a sad memory just in one day … just in one day, the heart that only knew you, the heart that would only beat for you is rusting useless with tears…''

The above are some of the lyrics of singer Tim's '' In One Day (Harusae)'' from his third album which was released late last month. The singer shot to stardom with a ballad number ``I Love You (Saranghamnida)'' in 2003,

and since then, Tim has become known for his great vocal ability and clean-cut looks. His songs are sweetly sorrowful, mostly about unrequited love or parted lovers, and his third album does not much deviate from that sentimental melancholy.

''I think I do not do well with dance music. I feel more comfortable and natural when I sing sad ballad songs. Through them, I can express my inner emotions as much as I want to,'' the 25-year-old said in an interview with The Korea Times.

Tim has come back with his third album '' Traces of Sensitivity (Kamsong)'' about two years after his last album. Before its release, a new digital single ''In My Dream (Kumsogeso)'' featuring dreamy synthesizer effects was released in mid-February on the Internet, attracting a lot of attention.

The album is composed of seven new ballad songs, one remake of popular song of Park Jin-young's

''Behind You (Noui Tuieso)'' and two instrumental pieces. Participating are top musicians like Yoon Sang, Jeong Jae-il, Kang Soo-ho and Han Sang-won. From his very first album, Yoon, who is known for being stingy with giving his songs to other singers, has been contributing his pieces to Tim. The title song '' In One Day'' is also Yoon's.

This time, other than singing, Tim has participated as a producer and also an album designer. The cover of the album is a photograph of white tissues.

''I first thought about what could best express the theme of the album, which is the sensitivity of the human being. Then the white tissues that piled up around me when I had a hard time last year suddenly popped into my head,'' he said.

''A white tissue is just like a white canvas. Think about a white canvas. When a painter puts paint on it, the canvas comes to have its own story. Similarly, when a tissue meets someone's tears, it has its own story, its own message. I wanted my album to be a tissue that could wipe away people's tears, something that could truly listen to the story of each person.''

What overcame the fragile sensitivity and tears in Tim's life were time, music and religious belief. So inside the album cover, pictures show tissues lying side by side with a clock, a guitar and a Bible.

Born in Philadelphia, Tim grew up in the United States until his freshman year at Temple University. The singer's name, Tim, comes from his English name Timothy Hwang. His Korean name is Hwang Young-min.

Until he was picked up by an entertainment agency, he never thought of becoming a professional singer. However, music was always something that came naturally to him. From childhood, he pursued musical activities in both schools and churches. He was a member of the church choir, and also a saxophonist in a jazz band. When he was offered the chance to become a singer, he left his family, came to Korea and spent more than two years training before debuting as a singer in 2003.

''I feel very lucky to be a singer as I can have music as permanent part of my life,'' he said.

Tim is a devout Christian. His father is a pastor. While taking a rest just before making his comeback, he went on a mission to Cambodia with his family. One of the songs in the new album is a gospel composed by his older brother.

''I would like to work as a singer as long as time permits. I want to ultimately become a singer who can console and give encouragement to people. That's all I want,'' he said.

michelle@koreatimes.co.kr

***Credit: 헤르메스@timocean***

Listen & Watch >>>>MV "In Just A day aka In one day"

Hello yg_bigbang ^^ Nice to meet you and thank for sharing your story. Tim's a very faithful person. im really appreciated all his songs which dedicated to God. :)

Here some of my fav pictures he soo cute just look at his eyes sooo .... KYAAAAAAAA~~

th_timHOTpic1.jpg

th_timHOTpic10.jpg

th_timHOTpic11.jpg

th_timHOTpic12.jpg

th_timHOTpic13.jpg

th_timHOTpic14.jpg

th_timHOTpic15.jpg

th_timHOTpic16.jpg

th_timHOTpic17.jpg

th_timHOTpic18.jpg

th_timHOTpic19.jpg

th_timHOTpic20.jpg

th_timHOTpic21.jpg

th_timHOTpic22.jpg

th_timHOTpic23.jpg

th_timHOTpic24.jpg

th_timHOTpic25.jpg

th_timHOTpic26.jpg

th_timHOTpic27.jpg

th_timHOTpic28.jpg

th_timHOTpic29.jpg

th_timHOTpic3.jpg

th_timHOTpic4.jpg

th_timHOTpic5.jpg

th_timHOTpic6.jpg

th_timHOTpic7.jpg

th_timHOTpic8.jpg

th_timHOTpic9.jpg

th_timHOTpic.jpg

here other

1star20071223185903123471.jpg

tim_1.jpg

1star20071223190593750645.jpg

M a i ;

Does anyone know when Tim is coming to the states ? Like for a concert

'lovelypyeha76', hi ^^

i wanna know too LOL

I love tim...anyone know where i can get the morning star song? it's awesome...

'jsong210', hi you can listen it at Imeem.com, search "Morning Star Tim" ^^, yes, beautiful song esp. Tim sings it eiei.

btw, try search in google im sure there's DL available ;)

Mai, thank you for sharing Timmy's pics ka Hehe you're Thai! ^^

natedao: thanks for the pics!! didn't realize he was at the andre kim fashion show.

dark_moon: love those pics you posted. ^^

yg_bigbang: really? that's awesome! it's my fave christian track by tim out of all the ones he's done so far. :lol:

i just realized that he released a single back in december. i love that song sooooo much!! when's he coming out with a new album? XD i miss his voice.

does anyone know where tim's management company is located in korea? :D i'm curious cuz i'm going to korea for the next two weeks.

natedao

thanks alot ^^

M a i ;

Mai. so glad ah seeing Tim's fan from the same country :D

natedao: thanks for the pics!! didn't realize he was at the andre kim fashion show.

i just realized that he released a single back in december. i love that song sooooo much!! when's he coming out with a new album? XD i miss his voice.

does anyone know where tim's management company is located in korea? :D i'm curious cuz i'm going to korea for the next two weeks.

dreamweaver, nice to meet you here no prob for the pics ^^ i myself wanna THANK YOU for all the goodies in the previous pages

wow... you're going to Korea? Envy Envy :P if im not mistake, his management company is LOBE, LOBE Entertainment you can find some infos there. Wush you have a wonderful trip in Korea!

I absolutely LOVE Tim! His songs are amazing and of course soothing. I'm so glad I SOMEHOW found him on YouTube. LOL.

I would love to get his CDs. No more downloading [askdjblakg!!]

dreamweaver, nice to meet you here no prob for the pics ^^ i myself wanna THANK YOU for all the goodies in the previous pages

wow... you're going to Korea? Envy Envy :P if im not mistake, his management company is LOBE, LOBE Entertainment you can find some infos there. Wush you have a wonderful trip in Korea!

natedao: hello! :lol: i'm lisa. nice to meet you as well. oh, you're most welcome. ^^ i hope he'll perform again soon. his voice is always so soothing to listen to. =D

thank you sooo much for the mgt. co. info!! i had no idea he was with LOBE. actually, i haven't even heard of this company before. :P *jots down info* thank you so much! i'm leaving this saturday, so i'm very excited!! i'm going there for the first time. ^^

I absolutely LOVE Tim! His songs are amazing and of course soothing. I'm so glad I SOMEHOW found him on YouTube. LOL.

I would love to get his CDs. No more downloading [askdjblakg!!]

'CCaoKJ' , welcome to Tim's planet ^^

can't agree more. Lets be pround supporter by buying his authentic album!

natedao: hello! :lol: i'm lisa. nice to meet you as well. oh, you're most welcome. ^^ i hope he'll perform again soon. his voice is always so soothing to listen to. =D

thank you sooo much for the mgt. co. info!! i had no idea he was with LOBE. actually, i haven't even heard of this company before. :P *jots down info* thank you so much! i'm leaving this saturday, so i'm very excited!! i'm going there for the first time. ^^

Lisa, thank for allowing me call you by your short name, you can call me 'Nate' too ^^

yah yah... whenever listen to his singing or even watching his performance, so happy

hahaha i havn't heard LOBE before till i know Tim, travel this Sat! Bon Voyage and have fun in Korea. See you again when you're back.

natedao

sorry sweetie but i'm not thai but i'm fan of thai lakorn AND I LOVE TIM TO DEATH !!

M a i ;

Today, Japan Fanmeeting in Osaka!

wish you have a great&successful show, Timmy! :D

Fighting!

Mai, ah.. i thought you're Thai coz your name sound very Thai ^^ anyway, nice to meet you here

Hi hi Tim's Planeters :lol:

His news is quite this time. Yep yep, we're forward waiting for Japan Fanmeeting in Osaka - -'

(There is Autograph Event before Concert and only 100 lucky fans will be attend)

liveinosakafeb2209ff9.jpg

cr:timbaidu bar

btw, Krygen release their 2nd single on 21 or 22 Feb. and Tim is also ft. ^^

Listen >>>> Krygen (크라이젠 ) ft Tim - 만날 줄 알았죠

it's no.2 on mnet chart last week.

fkrygenfttimmnet.jpg

cr:timmysky

hiii

this old pictures of tim that i found today hope you like it

097d3ff3b4f1fc70342acc70jpg.gif

1e39a834c76da497d1a2d3e9jpg.gif

2152020862810a10e8248833jpg.gif