Quantcast
Lmangla

Soompi love feast

20 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

alright chingus, I am wrapping up when I am still awake and sane! hahahha... feel free to keep sharing food and having fun!

it is lunch time here and it reminds me of the centre for many of our meals -- rice! 

a big muah :kiss_wink:  to all the chingus who stopped by, shared awesome food as well as what they loved about soompi -- @UnniSarah @Sarang21   @icemaid   @phoenix24  @angelangie  @katakwasabi @gm4queen @happyfanlgx @cenching @Sejabin @LyraYoo @Maryam @kokodus @Lawyerh @triplem @nohamahamoud2002 @avondale16 @Matilda_Anne @joonminfan
 @Jillia @staygold @Ameera Ali @Visually-wandering @pawla @rori0711 @USAFarmgirl @packmule3 @Dhakra @mouse007 @kokkuri33 @bairama @Minoo Maani   @dotonly @Kasmic @hyuuhikari @stroppyse @lynne22 @nrllee @wenchanteur @angelwingssf @alcides14ahjumma

it was a great feast!!! it was so fantastic to hear how our differences in culture, country, language and background creates this vibrant atmosphere where we can learn from each other even as we get to spazz over our love of dramas and oppas! :heart: for all our silent chingus who stopped by clicked the reaction buttons or even just took a peek, thank you!

am off to the next event -- anti love game. do stop by and try your luck even if you are not familiar with these dramas. it is all about having fun, chatting and laughing with each other while playing a game.  and you don't lose anything for making wrong guesses. everyone gets points even for participating. so do join us! and cheer @sushilicious as it is her first event as event organizer! :)

hahaha i just had my lunch and rice too :D 

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

29 minutes ago, angelangie said:

kekekke... sometimes when I am washing the rice to cook, I am randomly reminded of how @packmule3 asked if she should wash rice and we all gasped! and she was like "what, what did I do???" :lol::lol:... our reaction still has me smiling after all these years. hahaha... good soompi memories!

• Like 3
  • Angry 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

kekekke... sometimes when I am washing the rice to cook, I am randomly reminded of how @packmule3 said she asked if she should wash rice and we all gasped! and she was like "what, what did I do???" :lol::lol:... our reaction still has me smiling after all these years. hahaha... good soompi memories!

oh that....how all of us chirp in giving her the best advise we thought we have right? :D

those are really one of the times....had u join us when i threw the Ribena party? :D 

• Like 4
  • Angry 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, angelangie said:

oh that....how all of us chirp in giving her the best advise we thought we have right? :D

those are really one of the times....had u join us when i threw the Ribena party? :D 

yea I remember the ribena party. :) ... I was there from pretty much the beginning of our thread. came in around ep 2 or 3.... kekek, we sound like aunties reminiscing! hahahah... omo, just realized we know each other for years! hahahah... :kiss_wink:.. time flies!

• Like 5
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

yea I remember the ribena party. :) ... I was there from pretty much the beginning of our thread. came in around ep 2 or 3.... kekek, we sound like aunties reminiscing! hahahah... omo, just realized we know each other for years! hahahah... :kiss_wink:.. time flies!

if we are really to count i think it is about 5 years now :D 

that was our first ever virtual party i believe :D 

• Like 6
  • Love 3

24 minutes ago, angelangie said:

first ever virtual party

How do u that. ?  Every drink ribena locally and talk about it virtually.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, avondale16 said:

How do u that. ?  Every drink ribena locally and talk about it virtually.

hmmm....actually it was just out of the blue.....all of us just log in at about the same time and everyone just share something purple...

we have music.....and every find something purple to post :) of course the main them revolve around 'Ribena' then :) 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

kekekke... sometimes when I am washing the rice to cook, I am randomly reminded of how @packmule3 asked if she should wash rice and we all gasped! and she was like "what, what did I do???" :lol::lol:... our reaction still has me smiling after all these years. hahaha... good soompi memories!

haha!  really?  I don't think you should wash the rice at least here in the USA.  Because rice is enhanced with Vitamin D !!  

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

It’s already finish, time fly fast :D

but see u at the next event  :joy:

DD39D726-8127-4742-84FB-807E2CD14377.gif

I had it with breakfast , I can’t love enough my rice cooker :sweat_smile:  - first thing I buy after watching Kdrama :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

6 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

haha!  really?  I don't think you should wash the rice at least here in the USA.  Because rice is enhanced with Vitamin D !!  

er....you still have to wash them still cause there will be some of those dust and unwanted dirt that need to be taken out first?

i never seen the rice in USA, if there is a picture it will be great :) 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

Err Rice doesn't contain vitamin D. It actually has vitamin B1/Thiamine. It's in the outer bran layer. And polishing the rice gets rid of that layer and it leads to Vitamin B1 deficiency and the disease is called Beri Beri. Hence they say brown rice is more healthy.

But rice has to be washed, only polishing is not good. LOL. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 4

What is this talk about ribena and a ribena party? Hahaha

I feel like going out to buy one now :sweatingbullets:

And maybe make some ribena popsicles.

These look yummy

Butterkicap-Ribena-Malaysia-e15029524127

ctto

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

These look yummy

ctto

hahaha okie since u bring in the Ribena we need this song to live it up again lols.....this was one of the song we have when we were having the Ribena party ;) how can you have party without a song right :D 

:kiss_wink:

Butterkicap-Ribena-Malaysia-e15029524127

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

38 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

These look yummy

ctto

I can't find any ribena in any stores in my town so I will settle with a cup of coffe

coffee-terms-cappuccino-photo-6106-f2e93

with my homemade marble cake and chiffon cake

GLANBmr.jpg

vtSv2Lo.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 5

11 minutes ago, pawla said:

I can't find any ribena in any stores in my town so I will settle with a cup of coffe

love ur coffee but its too late :D

so i will just settle for the 'with my homemade marble cake and chiffon cake' :D 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, pawla said:

with my homemade marble cake and chiffon cake

Nooo..now i want cakkkkeeee~ 

Both cakes look yummy, by the way. Nomnomnom

@angelangie omg! Purple line! so nostalgic 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

We always wash rice before we cook it even here in Canada. My grandmother used to wash it 2x. The first time she washes it she throws out the dirty water. The 2nd time she washes it, she saves the water and adds it to soup. She says it contains nutrients. Don’t know if it’s true or not but I also wash rice 2x before cooking it and I throw out the water both times. :mellow:

Rice will always be my favourite staple. 

Thanks for sharing the photo of Ribena. We don’t have it here and I had no idea what it was!

@Lmangla thanks for organizing this event! As always, so much fun! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1