Quantcast
angelangie

Webnovel Discussion: Ever Night (Yoda Version)

1 minute ago, n3bula said:

Ahhhh okay got it. What chapter is this?

Chapter 907 but they start discussing MSS a couple of chapters before when SS said she wants to go to River Country.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, n3bula said:

Ning Que had always been quite good at dealing with people like this maidservant, and that's not because of the princess who was now in the palace but because of the little handmaiden of his who was so cold and seldom smiled. If he was able to tame someone like Sangsang, or at least he thought he did, it should be a piece of cake to handle Mistress Jian's young maidservant.

he thought he did......however we all knew who did the taming :D 

• LOL 5

Well that is a long way for it to be translated. We are barely up to 718. I miss SS and can't wait for her to come back. Meanwhile, NQ and Chao are good to read about. Waiting on my Jun Mo as well. The struggle is real lol. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, n3bula said:

Ahhhh okay got it. What chapter is this?

It hasn’t been translated yet @n3bula.

@kiara_bleu .... We all interpreted what the machine translated differently. As I read it I believe the more NQ and Sang Sang are together her memories and feeling re-emerge . Some memories resurfaced because they were forgotten.

For example Once Ning Que can move freely in the West Temple this happens HE HAD TO TELL HER WHAT HE DID FOR HER. So now she remembers with feelings  that she doesn’t want to feel. 

ome day

某天

, he takes the bamboo broom to sweep ” entertainment show ” on the flat roof snow, the weather will be quite severely cold, like his present mood, on his present facedoes not have the smiling face, like cold hills. The bamboo broom rustle has delimited in the snow, is the writing brush writes on the micro coarse bud paper likely, onthe flat roof was swept the innumerable say|way liao chaotictrace, seems looks like a grass script.Takes pen in hand to write the grass script that person, some mood amenomanias. At this time, the wind and snow suddenly got angry, keepssprinkling to the cliff, just swept clear 50% flat roofs, thenturned round instantaneously snow, that grass script like thiswas destroyed. Ning Que stops moving that sweeps away snow, is grasping the bamboo broom, stands in the wind and snow, looksthat the gloomy sky asked: „ Actually must arrive, actually do you want to make what?”Sang Sang said: „I have washed the inferior foot for you, has made the inferior food, has towed the inferior place, has brushed the inferior bowl, you do now, is inferior to me to make1% that.”After Ning Que silent moment, said: „You know that this is useless, 

I truly owe you to be many, but you also owe me to be many, among us forever does not have the means to reckon up.”Spoke these words, he turns around to look to the palacesaid: „

In Mount Min, I have carried your many times, I have washed the inferior diaper to you, feeds you to have the inferiorfood, I have killed many people for you.”Sang Sang walks gradually, unemotionally saying: „

This isthe universal emotion of humanity, pities the young heart.”In the wind and snow, the Ning Que mood like that is coldlike the wind and snow, like that gets angry like the wind and snow.„

After you grow up?”„You get sick, I hug you in the bosom, warms you with the body, your also I? From Academy to Lan Ke Temple to towardYang City, your foot is I have washed again, your how also I?

”„I kill at the back of you toward Yang City, kills the wilderness, when the entire world wants to kill you, I have carried youam carrying on the back, these your how also I?”

Sang Sang arrives at the column bank, crosses the hands behind the back to look at the human world in wind and snow, numerous outside precipice raises in the snowflake, presentedmany pictures, these pictures are somewhat fuzzy, is actually such clear.

That is Hebei said that rain after great drought, that is in the cub that in the Mount Min trap struggles, that is in combing the Blue Lake bank is shearing the youth of mounted bandit headjubilantly, that is raising the young maidservant who the wine pot and roast chicken do sway to walk, that is the omelettesurface in old pen room, that is in the morning sun toward Yang City.

Under the morning sun, he keeps running at the back of her, keeps brandishing the blade, she happily by his shoulder, in the hand is gripping weakly actually tightly Big Black Umbrella.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@kiara_bleu .... We all interpreted what the machine translated differently. As I read it I believe the more NQ and Sang Sang are together her memories and feeling re-emerge . Some memories resurfaced because they were forgotten.

For example Once Ning Que can move freely in the West Temple this happens HE HAD TO TELL HER WHAT HE DID FOR HER. So now she remembers with feelings  that she doesn’t want to feel. 

Ahh, that makes sense...and I think it makes her angry that he reminds her of these things she experienced in the human world because as Vast Sky she is not supposed, right?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, n3bula said:

Well that is a long way for it to be translated. We are barely up to 718. I miss SS and can't wait for her to come back. Meanwhile, NQ and Chao are good to read about. Waiting on my Jun Mo as well. The struggle is real lol. 

You are going to get more NQ and MSS goodness as they go around Chang An doing tasks together and having heartfelt talks before SS/Vast Sky shows up HAHAHAaa.  Hope you have some blood pressure medication ready....just teasing you :tounge_xd:...you see exactly how devoted NQ is to SS even though he fears she is really dead and gone (but still holding up hope).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

That makes sense. NQ is her link to humanity kind of like Superman/Lois Lane. I bet she doesn't like that huh? 

Why is it that Vast Sky isn't supposed to feel emotions though? 

• Like 1

OMG!!!!! What!!!!! It's been already a week, how come I didn't notice this thread!!!!!! It's already 8 pages.   Wait all of u, here I come after reading all our EN'ers posts.  Fighting!!!!:thumbsup:

Edit: actually myself, @Snow Guardian and @lynne22 had separate DM discussions to avoid spoilers.  Here's shoutout for @Snow Guardian if she does not know there is one.:wub:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, kiara_bleu said:

You are going to get more NQ and MSS goodness as they go around Chang An doing tasks together and having heartfelt talks before SS/Vast Sky shows up HAHAHAaa.  Hope you have some blood pressure medication ready....just teasing you :tounge_xd:...you see exactly how devoted NQ is to SS even though he fears she is really dead and gone (but still holding up hope).

:o

When does the trauma/torture end? I'm going to be heavily medicated to endure :joy:.  I expect you guys to have an emergency kit of NingSang goodness for me. Have Jun Mo on call for me. He can carry me through out this crisis :lol:

The parts I've read so far in novel about how he reacted when she left him the first time and how he fought against the world to protect her have me :wub:. I'll try to remember that. Devotion works too. Thanks for cheering me up lol. 

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, n3bula said:

That makes sense. NQ is her link to humanity kind of like Superman/Lois Lane. I bet she doesn't like that huh? 

Why is it that Vast Sky isn't supposed to feel emotions though? 

@n3bula  Vast Sky is Haotian/GOD . She isn't human. Sang Sang is a god /Haotian itself. The God  and the religion that people pray to in the novel.  Also the God that Xiling pray too.   The irony is  Haotian/Sang Sang had to experience love, friendship and pain. All these emotions are what made Haotian not love Humanity ( my opinion ofcourse). But her love for  The redsleeves bordello , Chen PiPi , Jun Mo  especially HER LOVE FOR NQ could not be completely erase. Her time from childhood with NQ were the most memorable. Hugging her feet, NQ and  Spicy noodles were what she treasured the most and VICE VERSA  with Ning Que.  Ning Que spent his entire life trying to protect and keeping her from violence. 

I HOPE THIS MAKE SENSE    Welcome @pad-hari  to our wonderful thread  :D:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, pad-hari said:

OMG!!!!! What!!!!! It's been already a week, how come I didn't notice this thread!!!!!! It's already 8 pages.   Wait all of u, here I come after reading all our EN'ers posts.  Fighting!!!!:thumbsup:

Edit: actually myself, @Snow Guardian and @lynne22 had separate DM discussions to avoid spoilers.  Here's shoutout for @Snow Guardian if she does not know there is one.:wub:

Comrade, toki toki!! I am here.. and yes, we both clueless about this thread:joy:

Thanks for always shouting to me wherever you are.. let me show my gratitude to you with poem:

"Where the umbrella goes, there's Sangsang goes"

"Where @pad-hari goes, there's SnowGuardian goes"

:joy::joy:

As usual, thank you @angelangie. My FAVE forums' maker!:kiss_closed:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Welcome @Snow Guardian  and please visti often.. 

First visit at the Redsleeves bordello and meeting Mistress Jian.

Chapter 40  It seems Mao Ni does love to talk about future and present time at the same time

Many years later, standing along that lonely mountain cliff, Ning Que recalled the scene of meeting Mistress Jian for the first time. He still could not help but look back, and sighed for a long time, with a self-deprecating smile and emotion on his face.

I just noticed this as I am rereading the novel.  I always Praise Mistress Jian for keeping our Ning Que so pure for our Sang Sang. :D:wub::wub:  Don't you all agree???

• LOL 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Chapter 40  It seems Mao Ni does love to talk about future and present time at the same time

He does like to foreshadow the future lol, he did the same thing in Ze tian Ji. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

However, what surprised her was that the lad did not argue or get angry, so well-behaved to accept her blame. She could not help but laugh and wave her hands, and said, "Since you're curious, I'll let someone show you around here. Don't forget to go back home to rest after finishing." - - > Madam Jian scolded Ning Que and charmed his way in to Madame Jian's heart. Ning Que is a charming lad and very cautious lad. 

Ning Que had always been quite good at dealing with people like this maidservant, and that's not because of the princess who was now in the palace but because of the little handmaiden of his who was so cold and seldom smiled. If he was able to tame someone like Sangsang, or at least he thought he did, it should be a piece of cake to handle Mistress Jian's young maidservant. - - > Ning Que belief to have tamed his handmaiden has proven how arrogant he is when we all know, Sang Sang just let him believe she is tamed when she is always in charge.  :wub::heart:

"Don't you dare spoil the young lad! He's a scholar aiming to enter the academy, and he's still a... you know what I mean, so if you're not planning to give him one of those big red packets, just leave him alone already!"

"Oh dear, look at our poor Xiaocao, what got into you? Your big sisters are just curious about this lad and want to play a little, don't you get upset! So he's a scholar aiming to enter the academy? More the reason to check him out properly, should we?" <--- Dewdrop said  

"Upon seeing this woman, Ning Que's eyes brightened up and exclaimed in his mind, " She's the one !" - - > In an instant Ning Que falls for this sexy woman  Dewdrop our full figuered Dewdrop. smh smh  :heart::heart:    In the eyes of the lady (Dewdrop) and the personal maidservant, Xiaocao, Ning Que currently looked as though he was mesmerized by that full-figured lady and had turned into a foolish penguin who could not move an inch. The little maidservant became unhappy as she stared at the full-figured yet delicate-looking lady and said, "Dewdrop, this is an order from Grandma, you dare to defy?"

Favorite Scenes in  Redsleeves

Dewdrop was the current most popular lady in the House of Red-Sleeves. Though she did not manage to participate in the top courtesan contest for consecutive two years, she was very popular with men with her pretty little face and dew-like delicate fair skin. Even so, she dare not defy Mistress Jian's order. She rolled her eyes, giggled as she stepped forward and held Ning Que's hand. She said, "Since it's an order from Grandma, I would definitely obey. It's just that I really adore this kid a lot, and especially love it when he blushes. Come, follow me to play in the courtyard."

Naturally, Ning Que would not reject the offer as he allowed the lady to pull him by his hand along the small stream, through the flowers and trees, into the courtyard. The lady, who was following behind, chuckled yet did not stop them. However, that maidservant, Xiaocao, shouted, "Grandma said no one is supposed to serve him!"

"Ah? Are you serious?"

Ning Que was taken aback as he turned his head around. In his heart, he was thinking if Mistress Jian had such a high authority and if words were to spread, would the brothels in the whole Chang'an city refuse to serve him anymore? If so, what should he do?

The maidservant, Xiaocao, looked at him complacently and said, "Else what do you think Grandma means?"

Ning Que was speechless. Now he understood why the history books always said that the scary people were not the Emperor, but the eunuchs who gave the fake orders. At such thoughts, he could not help but feel depressed in his heart as he could understand the endless miseries they caused. Despite all these, he still felt a need to follow the popular lady, Dewdrop.

• LOL 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Snow Guardian said:

@rhaps @toninhaare you here as well??:o

Now I am:D thank you i  didn't know about this forum:)

• LOL 2

I am still jet lagged, but I wanna write something about my curiosity..:D

I dont understand the story/meaning where NQ-SS stopped MSS's wedding... and SS was questioning NQ about his love to her... And his feeling towards mss as well... Why NQ was quiet and could not able to give her the answer? In the novel it says, NQ himself also clueless and didnt know whether he wanna stop her wedding because he still likes her and have strong feeling towards her or because he knew the Monarchy is not a good person (alias bad guy).

In the novel also says, NQ was secretly feeling happy inside when SS decided to help him out. So, I badly wanted to know what is his real reasons stopping the wedding?? Any comrades can help me to lighten my curiosity??:tears:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@n3bula  Vast Sky is Haotian/GOD . She isn't human. Sang Sang is a god /Haotian itself. The God  and the religion that people pray to in the novel.  Also the God that Xiling pray too.   The irony is  Haotian/Sang Sang had to experience love, friendship and pain. All these emotions are what made Haotian not love Humanity ( my opinion ofcourse). But her love for  The redsleeves bordello , Chen PiPi , Jun Mo  especially HER LOVE FOR NQ could not be completely erase. Her time from childhood with NQ were the most memorable. Hugging her feet, NQ and  Spicy noodles were what she treasured the most and VICE VERSA  with Ning Que.  Ning Que spent his entire life trying to protect and keeping her from violence. 

I HOPE THIS MAKE SENSE    Welcome @pad-hari  to our wonderful thread  

@UnniSarah thanks for the explanation chingu. I knew she was a God and not human but was confused as to why God cannot feel. I agree that her experience as human made her not like humanity. I really like that she cannot completely forget the people who truly cared for her. 

8 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Welcome @Snow Guardian  and please visti often.. 

First visit at the Redsleeves bordello and meeting Mistress Jian.

Many years later, standing along that lonely mountain cliff, Ning Que recalled the scene of meeting Mistress Jian for the first time. He still could not help but look back, and sighed for a long time, with a self-deprecating smile and emotion on his face.

I just noticed this as I am rereading the novel.  I always Praise Mistress Jian for keeping our Ning Que so pure for our Sang Sang. :D:wub::wub:  Don't you all agree???

Yes, agreed. Mistress Jian is a great lady. Otherwise that rascal would have not waited for SS. His teenage hormones would not have been controlled on their own :lol:

• LOL 2

3 hours ago, Snow Guardian said:

I dont understand the story/meaning where NQ-SS stopped MSS's wedding... and SS was questioning NQ about his love to her... And his feeling towards mss as well... Why NQ was quiet and could not able to give her the answer? In the novel it says, NQ himself also clueless and didnt know whether he wanna stop her wedding because he still likes her and have strong feeling towards her or because he knew the Monarchy is not a good person (alias bad guy).

In the novel also says, NQ was secretly feeling happy inside when SS decided to help him out. So, I badly wanted to know what is his real reasons stopping the wedding?? Any comrades can help me to lighten my curiosity??:tears:

@Snow Guardian I personally have these same questions. I want to sit and have a chat with Mao Ni because he owes us that answer lol.

I always question his feelings for MSS and I was so mad at him. However, @UnniSarah @thartie @angelangie @kiara_bleu and @epinklyn were very helpful in sharing their views on the matter. I always say that they have helped me with my MSS trauma lol. Reading the book really helps cause if I go by the drama I feel the urge to hit NQ/MSS and want SS to have another love interest. So I went and read a couple of NQ/SS moments and I understand that those two cannot live without each other. 

I don't understand why NQ cannot answer such a simple question. Is it that he fears SS will leave him again if he says yes I like MSS? I mean he had no problem telling SS that he truly liked MSS the first time she left him. So why is it different now? Or is it because he truly doesn't know his own feelings?

Based on the few part I've read. I believe NQ liked MSS because of her love of calligraphy, looks, and powers. He had never met any other girl like her so I can see why he'd be infatuated. He claimed to like her a lot and still that like was not enough for him to let go of SS. I think he likes her cause she is a nice girl but also feels very guilty for hurting her. MSS also helped him when he fled with SS so he may feel indebted to her. Ofcourse he wouldn't want her to marry a bad guy and be in a loveless marriage. I don't know the details of why MSS is getting married so I'm just guessing here. 

Now after SS died NQ did not run to go looking for MSS. I mean it was a long time that NQ was alone before SS came back. So if he truly liked or even loved MSS wouldn't he have went to be with her? Now Kiara said that they do meet up and have moments before SS returns. That would've been the time for them to get together but it didn't happen.  I'm guessing if it was up to MSS they would have since she really liked him. 

Bottom line is NQ loves SS no matter what happens he will never leave her. So in a way it doesn't matter if he likes MSS or not. He won't act on those feelings. I wonder if that is what Mao Ni was implying. 

I'm as confused as you so I'll let these lovely ladies explain it to us. They have read the novel more and understand it better than I can. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Snow Guardian said:

My opinion:

NQ genuinely likes, admires, and respects MSS.  And why not...MSS is shown to be someone who is very accomplished and treats other people with integrity.  They both share a passion for calligraphy.  She also seems to be the first woman in NQ's life that sincerely liked him and helped/supported him without any agendas.  But NQ knows that no matter how much he likes MSS, it's not as much as as MSS feels for him and wants from him.  And it just cannot compare to the love that he has for SS.  MSS knows this too and yet in his time of need she is always there to help him and although she is always honest and direct about her feelings she also accepts that it is not reciprocated by NQ.  Because of this I think NQ feels a mixture of affection, gratitude, but also guilt towards MSS.

I think it was @UnniSarah who said it before that NQ and MSS could have been great friends if it didn't become so complicated.  If Eldest Brother did not give NQ and MSS ideas about being together and getting married...maybe MSS would not have thought she stood a chance and didn't confess to NQ and ask him if he also likes her.  If NQ was more sure of his feelings for SS (instead of trying to suppress it because SS is still young) then maybe he could have been more clear with MSS and not said he liked her.  But he did say he liked her and gave her hope they could have a relationship, only to reject her and break her heart later.  Then he mentions MSS as a possible wife to SS, the first time he suggests an actual person making SS believe this woman is special to him, leading SS to leave him and ever since then MSS becomes a sore spot in their relationship. 

At one point NQ says something like he is ok with feeling this way or liking both girls this way but he knows it's not ok with either of them.  It's in the machine translated part so it's a bit vague but for me I don't think he is saying he loves both of them or even wants both of them.  I think what he means is that his way of liking MSS is not going to be enough or satisfying for MSS and yet he knows even that SS is not happy with. I think that's why he has difficulty talking about it with MSS and SS and he is in panic mode when they cross paths with each other (mostly because he doesn't know what SS will do :joy:).

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 2