Quantcast
angelangie

Webnovel Discussion: Ever Night (Yoda Version)

Nightfall (Ever Night)

JiangYe_zpsyvmkdlzo.jpg

Description & Credit (from https://www.novelupdates.com/series/nightfall/)

Chang An, capital of Tang, the most powerful empire in the continent. A heaven wrecking massacre shook the city to its core. Amidst the incident, a young boy named Ning Que managed to get away, dug out from a pile of corpses along with a little girl called Sang Sang. Years passed, and since that day the two of them lived together. Together with Sang Sang they both entered the military, with plausible military achievements, they were recommended into the Scholar School, which began their miraculous journey.

Who is this boy and what does his future hold?

The epic and legendary tale of an extraordinary young man rising up from the masses, traversing his life in the pursuit of quantity over quality. His inquisitive voice echoes infinitely through the hills of the immortal Academy: “I am one who would rather suffer an eternity of destined calamities than beg for solace from the saints…”

Associated Names
Ever Night (drama)
Jiang Ye
将夜
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Thank you chingu @angelangie  

@epinklyn @thartie  Please join us here  to talk about the Book.  Yay Yay 

you're welcome....it is a healthy discussions after all....and maybe with it over here u have more books lovers joining u guys here :D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@angelangie.... I love to read and I can become very obsessed with books especially when I love the writing style of an author.  How about you?

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

1 minute ago, lynne22 said:

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I'm so surprised seeing this thread haha...

@angelangie :wub: 

Welcome @lynne22

Wasn’t sure if you want to discuss the book in details. Re-reading the Novel and trying to pin point hint on Ning Que Character, love and future. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Hahahha. I would love to discuss the book with you all. Add @n3bula here. She always wanted to be spoiled.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

We had it in DM because we don't want to to spoil the drama to people who doesn't like spoiler. You know. Lol

24 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Welcome @lynne22

Wasn’t sure if you want to discuss the book in details. Re-reading the Novel and trying to pin point hint on Ning Que Character, love and future. 

I was planning of 're reading the novel as well to get a better understanding but got caught up with works and something else. 

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@angelangie.... I love to read and I can become very obsessed with books especially when I love the writing style of an author.  How about you?

i love books in general but i have never really openly discuss a book with anyone much lols....this will honestly be my first lols

44 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

well we did it in PM....cause some of the drama lovers had been complaining about how some of the books lovers posted things in spoiler.....and i had been cracking my head to let this webnovel lovers having a home to discuss in open and also to avoid spoiling the drama for the other drama lovers.....

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Wow wow wow thx for the thread @angelangie, now we are open yeahh, and thx for calling me over @UnniSarah, so there is thread for novel discussion in soompi, i just know. I also never discuss a novel with anybody in forum or anywhere, so this is will be the 1st time ever.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

15 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Wow wow wow thx for the thread @angelangie, now we are open yeahh, and thx for calling me over @UnniSarah, so there is thread for novel discussion in soompi, i just know. I also never discuss a novel with anybody in forum or anywhere, so this is will be the 1st time ever.

i think there use to be a book section, however activities there dwindle down.....so i guess we are here all together in Soompi Hangout :) for a casual talk....

and books does fall under hobbies which had been merge here :)  which happen now to fall under 'etc' :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ah ic, glad we can have our place in here then.

Screenshot-20190115-161836-Chrome.jpg

I just remembered that actually NQ started to feel that SS was getting pretier or maybe he started has a feeling for her, but still unsure about it, or maybe after the event happened in vermillion bird gate, they have emotional issue as the novel said, maybe they started the puberty age LOL.

They both were so funny when they found out that the academy doesnt give any free food and lodge, instead they have to pay 30 tael silver a month, SS was so angry, since they have no money back then and NQ want to be a killer or robber for income LOL

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I can't wait to read that scene again chingu. I am almost there. Finally reached Chapter 20  meeting Senior Captain Hua Shanyue.  I am hoping to find out what happens to him in the novel because of his arrogance. He is just as snobbish as Princess . 

First Hint 

wgjoQlGFE56kgmvCsdtfaaJ_C_WXkXytO-M6AhAU

• Like 1

Captain Hua Shanyue is one character I wanted to see lose his position because of the way he like to look down on Ning Que. I do hate people who doesn’t seem really honorable.  Including General Xu Shi is another character I disliked for his arrogance and his faith in believing he is a good man. I think neither are good man because they still turne a blind eye to people who disobey’s the law to suit their power and greed. 

JmPYq45RsTwQLCn_cd-YLZ7cfnr8nfmp8njJ_MBR

• Like 2

I have a question btw, since i havent read the novel complete, then i want to ask you all who has finished it, is NQ really going mature in emotional as he grown up in the novel? Since i think NQ has already grown up since in the beginning of the story, because of what he has endured since he was 4.

Yeah i dun like hua shanyue, he wants he princess heart but incompetent doing it, so he hate NQ for easily come to princess heart.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

I have a question btw, since i havent read the novel complete, then i want to ask you all who has finished it, is NQ really going mature in emotional as he grown up in the novel? Since i think NQ has already grown up since in the beginning of the story, because of what he has endured since he was 4.

Yeah i dun like hua shanyue, he wants he princess heart but incompetent doing it, so he hate NQ for easily come to princess heart.

@epinklyn   In my opinion Ning Que has always been matured.  Ning Que chose to wear a mask , the only people who really knew the real Ning Que was FuZi, his Borthers and Sisters and Sang Sang. Sang Sang knew him best. In the novel I believe NQ was mature, colder and more crueler than how they portrayed him in the drama. In the drama they made him playful and he really wasn't that type of person. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Ah ic, glad we can have our place in here then.

I just remembered that actually NQ started to feel that SS was getting pretier or maybe he started has a feeling for her, but still unsure about it, or maybe after the event happened in vermillion bird gate, they have emotional issue as the novel said, maybe they started the puberty age LOL.

They both were so funny when they found out that the academy doesnt give any free food and lodge, instead they have to pay 30 tael silver a month, SS was so angry, since they have no money back then and NQ want to be a killer or robber for income LOL

Screenshot-20190115-161836-Chrome.jpg

"Don't worry about poverty, but worry about having a fierce handmaiden at home" :joy:  I like how it was so clear from the very beginning that they have an equal relationship even though SS serves the function of a maid (but really like a wife).  NQ was also afraid to tell SS about going to Chang An City and was trying to delay going home to tell her. And he had to bribe her with cosmetics in the end :D.

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote images
  • LOL 6

4 hours ago, epinklyn said:

i wont say 'started' it is more like he 'realize' that there is more to what SangSang meant to him than just a companion 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@epinklyn   In my opinion Ning Que has always been matured.  Ning Que chose to wear a mask , the only people who really knew the real Ning Que was FuZi, his Borthers and Sisters and Sang Sang. Sang Sang knew him best. In the novel I believe NQ was mature, colder and more crueler than how they portrayed him in the drama. In the drama they made him playful and he really wasn't that type of person. 

Yeah i think that too, sometimes NQ wear a mask and being an actor to every people he met, but still he eventually will show his true self.

1 hour ago, kiara_bleu said:

"Don't worry about poverty, but worry about having a fierce handmaiden at home" :joy:  I like how it was so clear from the very beginning that they have an equal relationship even though SS serves the function of a maid (but really like a wife).  NQ was also afraid to tell SS about going to Chang An City and was trying to delay going home to tell her. And he had to bribe her with cosmetics in the end :D.

Yeah i was laughing out loud at that part, she really act like his cool fierce wife LOL, although in most of the time NQ scolded SS for her lousy service to him, but at the end SS defeat him, and NQ always give up on her :joy: 

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

i wont say 'started' it is more like he 'realize' that there is more to what SangSang meant to him than just a companion 

Hmmm at first i wrote realized, but somehow i doubt that NQ really realized, since he quite dumb for this boy-crush-problem so i changed it into started but not realized yet LOL, or maybe i just too underestimate NQ boy-crush-level-EQ :phew:, CMIIW :P

• LOL 5

20 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Hmmm at first i wrote realized, but somehow i doubt that NQ really realized, since he quite dumb for this boy-crush-problem so i changed it into started but not realized yet LOL, or maybe i just too underestimate NQ boy-crush-level-EQ :phew:, CMIIW :P

the set in was sure very slow lols....it wasnt sure....which was why i wont be using 'start' to me to it was like the engine warming up lols slowly very damn slow :D 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3