Quantcast
Jump to content
angelangie

[Official Thread] Turbo Liu HaoRan 刘昊然

Recommended Posts

ab179aaely1fx7ozvl5o3j22kw3vcb2b_zpsby2t

 

Profile:

English name: Turbo Liu Hao Ran

Native name: Liu Hao Ran 刘昊然
Birth Date: Oct 10, 1997
Occupation: Actor
Years active: 2014 - present

Weibohttps://www.weibo.com/u/2870450862

 

Dramas:

2015    

With You/最好的我们  - Yu Huai

 

2017    

Midnight Diner/    深夜食堂 - Music producer (Guest Appearance)
Nirvana in Fire 2 / 琅琊榜之风起长林 -    Xiao PingJing

 

2018    

Great Expectations/远大前程•双龙会  - Huo Zhenxiao

 

2019    

Novoland: Eagle Flag /九州缥缈录 - Lu Guichen

 

Movies:

2014

Beijing Love Story/北京愛情故事    - Song Ge

 

2015

Forever Young/栀子花开 - Host(Cameo)
Detective Chinatown/唐人街探案 - Qin Feng

 

2017

Buddies in India/大闹天竺 - Erlang Shen(Special appearance)
The Founding of an Army/建军大业 - Su Yu    
Legend of the Demon Cat/妖猫传 - Bai Long

 

2018

Detective Chinatown 2 /唐人街探案2 - Qin Feng    
Happiness Is Coming/幸福马上来 - Ma Xiao(Special appearance)

 

TBA

The Twins/双生 - Li Ping    

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for this thread.  Will wait for more updates on him.  I ll also try to post as many news/posts on him.  He is such a cutie. 

After I watched him in WITH YOU, I fell for him.  I got so many recommendations in various blogs and sites to watch that drama.  I don't regret it.  Oh his acting is so casual (he is not trying so hard and it  shows his natural flow in acting)and the chemistry with TSY was excellent.  At 6 feet + height he is mesmerising.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Thank you for this thread.  Will wait for more updates on him.  I ll also try to post as many news/posts on him.  He is such a cutie.  After I watched him in WITH YOU, I fell for him.  I got so many recommendations in various blogs and sites to watch that drama.  I don't regret it.  Oh his acting is so casual and the chemistry with TSY was excellent.  At 6 feet + height he is mesmerising.

 

i was about to create when you beep me lols

 

edit to add

 

i dont think we have 'With You' - 最好的我们 in soompi for them though

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liu HaoRan for GQ front cover for Nov/2018 issues

 

ab179aaely1fx116fqanpj20wt194h5u_zpsegl8

Spoiler


ab179aaely1fx118eip4pj21ab1xgnpd_zps93as

ab179aaely1fx118fxr7oj21ab1xg4qp_zps7xig

ab179aaely1fx118hcj89j21ab1xgb29_zpsdi8w

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, angelangie said:

 

i dont think we have 'With You' - 最好的我们 in soompi for them though

Oh I see, can we create a new one now or cannot do for the finished drama?

 

There is a dedicated blog for him.

https://liuhaoranarchives.blogspot.com/2018/05/an-introduction-to-liu-hao-ran-20.html?m=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.soompi.com/article/1279623wpp/2018s-top-5-hottest-rising-chinese-actors-that-you-need-to-know

Here’s our list of 2018’s top five rising Chinese actors that you need to know!

Liu Hao Ran

liu-hao-ran-main-540x706.jpg

Liu Hao Ran is considered one of the fastest rising young actors in China. He is a graduate of the prestigious Beijing Dance Academy and currently a student at Central Academy of Drama, ranked as one of the top three film schools in China. He’s most noted for achieving the highest score on his entrance exam in the school’s acting department.

He made his debut in the 2014 film “Beijing Love Story,” which earned him a nomination for Best New Actor at the Beijing College Student Film Festival. Liu Hao Ran is well known for his supporting roles in the critically acclaimed films “The Legend of the Demon Cat” and “The Founding of an Army” as well as his titular lead role of Qin Feng in the “Detective Chinatown” film series.

International fans may not be as be as familiar with Liu Hao Ran, as he is primarily a film actor. However, he became more well known after starring in the popular dramas “Nirvana in Fire 2” and “With You.” Liu Hao Ran has achieved much recognition for his acting and has been nominated for various acting awards. He has a reputation of being a serious young actor, mainly acting in high quality productions. Liu Hao Ran’s acting style is described as mature and beyond his age, as he places extreme thought and care into his performance and roles.

Fans of Liu Hao Ran love the combination of his youthful spirit and quiet confidence, as he’s very independent, self aware, grounded, and mature for his age. To sum it all up, he is basically the adorable boy-next-door who excels in everything he does.

You can catch him in his next drama “Novoland: Eagle Flag” set to air sometime in 2019.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now went thru his weibo, and he has posted the airing of EN on 31/10/18.  So sweet.  Hope these two will surely storm the upcoming c-drama arena.  Jaiyou!!!!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2019 at 5:55 PM, pad-hari said:

Just now went thru his weibo, and he has posted the airing of EN on 31/10/18.  So sweet.  Hope these two will surely storm the upcoming c-drama arena.  Jaiyou!!!!!!

 

yes he always help to promote others drama :)  i dont have much times yet....as i'm just back from holiday so i need to follow up on stuff for now....will try to spend more times later :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2019 at 4:55 PM, pad-hari said:

Just now went thru his weibo, and he has posted the airing of EN on 31/10/18.  So sweet.  Hope these two will surely storm the upcoming c-drama arena.  Jaiyou!!!!!!

Probably because he is also befriends with CFY in real life? I read in his fans page that CFY considered him as a good friend

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Probably because he is also befriends with CFY in real life? I read in his fans page that CFY considered him as a good friend

Maybe these two would have got close in the LEGEND OF THE CAT DEMON movie shoot since Arthur worked as an assitant to his father in this movie.

 

But I also saw Liu posted some other actor's new drama date as well on his weibo.  So sweet of him. 

 

Since he is very very picky in his projects I want him act in some youth high school projects more.  He had not worked anything like that after WITH YOU.:frown:He seems to be working more on films rather than on dramas. 

I am looking forward to his new drama novoland: eagle eyes.  Heard it's second in series and a big multi-million project.  I didn't know how the first one fared among  the viewers and ratings, but hope this one does not dissapoint us fans.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah i just realized there is thread for Liu Hao Ran LOL, really like him, he act casually in every movie and drama he played. And i like his teeth :P something about it that unique and make him sweeter :wub:. Cant wait for his NEF and Detective Chinatown 3 in Japan!

  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Maybe these two would have got close in the LEGEND OF THE CAT DEMON movie shoot since Arthur worked as an assitant to his father in this movie.

 

But I also saw Liu posted some other actor's new drama date as well on his weibo.  So sweet of him. 

 

Since he is very very picky in his projects I want him act in some youth high school projects more.  He had not worked anything like that after WITH YOU.:frown:He seems to be working more on films rather than on dramas. 

I am looking forward to his new drama novoland: eagle eyes.  Heard it's second in series and a big multi-million project.  I didn't know how the first one fared among  the viewers and ratings, but hope this one does not dissapoint us fans.

Yeah, I heard that he met CFY in the Legend of the Demon Cat set. Perhaps CFY learned from him about being an actor.

 

Please cmiiw, NEF is not the 2nd in the series. It has a different story with Novoland Castle in the Sky or other Novoland movies. I think those stories only share the shame realm, like same races and locations. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Yeah, I heard that he met CFY in the Legend of the Demon Cat set. Perhaps CFY learned from him about being an actor.

 

Please cmiiw, NEF is not the 2nd in the series. It has a different story with Novoland Castle in the Sky or other Novoland movies. I think those stories only share the shame realm, like same races and locations. 

 

Yes the Novoland is a world in wuxia, just like the middle earth in Lord of the Ring novel. Dont know if they are from the same novel or just share the same world Novoland.

 

I hope CFY and LHR can learn something from each other, since they both are talented but in different aspect.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, epinklyn said:

 

Yes the Novoland is a world in wuxia, just like the middle earth in Lord of the Ring novel. Dont know if they are from the same novel or just share the same world Novoland.

 

I hope CFY and LHR can learn something from each other, since they both are talented but in different aspect.

The novel should be different. Novoland is a world that was created by several authors. Please CMIIW, each of them wrote their own novels, but they used the same realm / world . 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@rhaps, I hv zero idea about c dramas/premise/authors.  So u may be correct.  This novoland maybe different from the one that aired already.  I hv just started with watching heavy themed/lengthy c-dramas. 

But onething what I understood from the c-dramas so far I watched is, about the endings which almost is open ending or sad endings which is really different from the k-drama or j-dorama romcoms I hv seen.  So, I hope this one have a happy ending.

BTW, can u tell me about the female lead paired with LIU in this drama?  How is she?  Is she good enough for our LHR?  Does they have a loveline coz I heard in some c-dramas the OTP's don't have a proper loveline.  

 

  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

@rhaps, I hv zero idea about c dramas/premise/authors.  So u may be correct.  This novoland maybe different from the one that aired already.  I hv just started with watching heavy themed/lengthy c-dramas. 

But onething what I understood from the c-dramas would far I watched is, about the endings which almost is open ending or sad endings which is really different from the k-drama or j-dorama romcoms I hv seen.  So, I hope this one have a happy ending.

 

You are right about the ending *sigh*. That is my issue too, and I'm even thinking to go back to K drama now *LOL*. And they also dont mind to change main leads for multi season dramas (yup that's a big problem for me). Still,  what I like the most about C dramas are the period/wuxia ones ..and I havent found K or J dramas that can give me similar experience. I watch J dramas for the manga adaptation ones, and ..yeah they have different feels.

 

Regarding the ending of NEF, I read the novel a bit (a machine translated one) and discussed with some people who read it completely. The ending should be :

 


The story is about LGC's life from he is a kid until he is a grown up, from a sickly boy into a strong one. The novel ends after he completes one stage of Lu Guichen (ML)'s life and achieves something big. But, if it really follows the novel, then the romance will have an open ending.

Some people said that this story continues to a different novel , written by the same writer, but I forgot the title and I havent searched much about this
 

 

 

 

56 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

 

BTW, can u tell me about the female lead paired with LIU in this drama?  How is she?  Is she good enough for our LHR?  Does they have a loveline coz I heard in some c-dramas the OTP's don't have a proper loveline.  

 

 The female lead is Song Zu Er. I havent watched her dramas, but she acted in Dark Lord and some people said that it was quite interesting. I plan to watch it someday. And I havent heard anything bad about her / people criticizing her acting, so I guess that she shouldnt be bad. Some people said that she acted well.

 

I dont know much about the romance, because, like I said, I read the machine-translated novel, so I skipped a lot of parts. From what I know :

 

 


There is another guy in the story who bfriended the ML and FL. The story is more about the friendship between the three, and the growing of feelings (love) between them. I'm guessing that the drama will add more parts for her and the romance, since the novel has more about political and the growing-up moments of the MLs (yes, the other guy too).
 

 

 

Sorry, cant help much because I havent read the novel properly :P

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liu HaoRan will be in the CrimeScene variety show :) 

 

006oIYg8gy1fz0ajnjf8rj30u01hcqv5_zpse9mq

 

006oIYg8gy1fz1cx8qel4j34802tcu12_zpsdjr6

006oIYg8gy1fz1cxad75rj34802tcnpg_zpsvs0y

 

Spoiler

006oIYg8gy1fz1cx1csw7j356o3ggx6v_zpsobnb006oIYg8gy1fz1cwxdzv3j34802tc7wm_zpslrk3006oIYg8gy1fz1cx3go4gj34g02yonpg_zpsewva006oIYg8gy1fz1cy3uqbnj356o3ggnph_zps74db

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×