Quantcast
Jump to content
angelangie

[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Legend of Awakening 天醒之路

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Honestly, i dont like the front hair style, i like the tidy one or just CFY's original hair bangs like in EN, but maybe after watching the series, i will get used to it.

 

with some hairs or bangs honestly it is easier to accept....not all are good looking in period hair styles....

 

thought i got to say Xiong ZiQi is doing pretty well from the stills im seeing....he look good to me ....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2018 at 9:01 PM, angelangie said:

 

with some hairs or bangs honestly it is easier to accept....not all are good looking in period hair styles....

 

thought i got to say Xiong ZiQi is doing pretty well from the stills im seeing....he look good to me ....

 

Who is Xiong ZiQi?

 

Found new image from the set

 

1z2ko2t1ge4061om8tdzs9p0h.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Who is Xiong ZiQi?

 

this guy....he is an idol from Taiwan that came over to China and was a hit My Mr. Mermaid and then further acted in Pretty Man and there are some other couple project by him too....

 

he and Chen FeiYu will be acting sides by sides as they have change the story lines from 2 person going on a journey to obtain power and get stronger.....they had add in another pair to make it a foursome story instead

 

007iMgnmly1fxnkigeacej318g18gqgx_zpsk437

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah thx u for the explanation @angelangie.

 

Looking at the colourful outfit in the image i just posted, at first i thought he was in disguise as a beggar, but after i saw many people wearing the same, oh okay, i think it is the school uniform, my bad :sweatingbullets:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Ah thx u for the explanation @angelangie.

 

Looking at the colourful outfit in the image i just posted, at first i thought he was in disguise as a beggar, but after i saw many people wearing the same, oh okay, i think it is the school uniform, my bad :sweatingbullets:

 

lols no worries....

 

to me either you look dashing from the first moment i look at you or i need to adjust my eyes to get use to the visual lols.....Xiong ZiQi is one the few that i could accept on the first glance :D 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deng EnXi preparing small gift for the production and cast :) to celebrate Christmas with the cast and staff :) 

 

007iMgnmly1fyhvsrdkk3j30v91vnkcm_zps4vgy

007iMgnmly1fyi1wmomdzj318g18gb29_zpspid3

 

Spoiler

 

007iMgnmly1fygr4hksqkg30f00k0x6u_zpsq734

007iMgnmly1fygr7mn8mwg30k00f0x6y_zpsyjoo007iMgnmly1fyi1w3s5ijg30fa0fahdw_zpsptkl

007iMgnmly1fyi1wfgi95g30fa0faqv8_zpsscjr

007iMgnmly1fyi1x9y50jg30go0gokjo_zpsp0md

007iMgnmly1fyi1watj8qg30fa0fa4qs_zpsjc4a

007iMgnmly1fyi1vz4sfij318g18g7wh_zpswiox

007iMgnmly1fyi1w6tyzrj318g18gx6p_zps5ud8

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am curious because I know nothing of the story and the other 3 main characters. So who is like paired with who? The colorful bigger outfit as a school uniform is interesting lol. I find CFY’s two front long strands from his wig annoying too. 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, stella77 said:

I am curious because I know nothing of the story and the other 3 main characters. So who is like paired with who? The colorful bigger outfit as a school uniform is interesting lol. I find CFY’s two front long strands from his wig annoying too. 

 

hmmmm i'm not too sure either as i didnt read the book lols.....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stella77 said:

Actually, it may be better to be surprised and it will probably be obvious a few episodes in.

 

yes....im stop myself for looking up on the book....as i find i will enjoy a drama better this way..... :) so with no expectation...it is easier to adapt to the drama by itself.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

some pictures of Gordon directing released into the Awakening Weibo

 

cr: as tagged

006Z6Kw1ly1fyc165dqvzj33402c0npi_zpskvcd

006Z6Kw1ly1fyc166u7c6j33402c01l2_zpsttox006Z6Kw1ly1fyc16bzm9lj33402c0b2f_zpsq8pk

 

Spoiler

006Z6Kw1ly1fyc16fdg4qj33402c0kjr_zpsbbw2006Z6Kw1ly1fyc16dnsojj33402c0kjr_zps3kzf006Z6Kw1ly1fyc25f9oxtj32c0340npj_zps5rsi

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, stella77 said:

I am curious because I know nothing of the story and the other 3 main characters. So who is like paired with who? The colorful bigger outfit as a school uniform is interesting lol. I find CFY’s two front long strands from his wig annoying too. 

In the book, it should be Lu Ping (CFY) and Su Tang (Deng Enxi), but I'm not sure about the drama. I heard that Lu Ping-Su Tang's relationship in the book is more like family who supports each other? I read several chapters of the novel, and Lu Ping - Su Tang really have a close relationship and support each other, and Lu Ping always protects her. If something happens to Su Tang, then he will become panic. But, that can be changed into a family bond in the drama,because from the bts, it seems that there will be romance between Lu Ping and the other girl.

 

So, I wont expect the drama to follow the novel precisely.

 

I don't really like that bright colorful school uniform.And yeah, I find the two long hair strands annoying too :P

  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rhaps said:

In the book, it should be Lu Ping (CFY) and Su Tang (Deng Enxi), but I'm not sure about the drama. I heard that Lu Ping-Su Tang's relationship in the book is more like family who supports each other? I read several chapters of the novel, and Lu Ping - Su Tang really have a close relationship and support each other, and Lu Ping always protects her. If something happens to Su Tang, then he will become panic. But, that can be changed into a family bond in the drama,because from the bts, it seems that there will be romance between Lu Ping and the other girl.

 

So, I wont expect the drama to follow the novel precisely.

 

I don't really like that bright colorful school uniform.And yeah, I find the two long hair strands annoying too :P

 

guess this times around im the only one who found the two long strands of hairs cool :D 

 

while some of u found the long hat of 2nd Brother cool :D  in 'Ever Night'

  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, angelangie said:

 

while some of u found the long hat of 2nd Brother cool :D  in 'Ever Night'

Not everyone can pull-off the eiffel-tower look :D 

Yeah, I prefer the bangs in EN, simpler and not distracting :P 

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, angelangie said:

 

guess this times around im the only one who found the two long strands of hairs cool :D 

 

while some of u found the long hat of 2nd Brother cool :D  in 'Ever Night'

 

On 12/23/2018 at 1:07 PM, angelangie said:

 

lols no worries....

 

to me either you look dashing from the first moment i look at you or i need to adjust my eyes to get use to the visual lols.....Xiong ZiQi is one the few that i could accept on the first glance :D 

 

Yes currently i am also adjusting my eyes to get used to those two long strands on Lu Ping, as i have adjusted my eyes to get used 2nd brother hat in Ever Night LoL.

 

So @rhaps have you read this awakening novel yet?

  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rhaps said:

Not everyone can pull-off the eiffel-tower look :D 

Yeah, I prefer the bangs in EN, simpler and not distracting :P 

 

 

however my bang kept getting in my eyes.....im thinking of cutting it off lols

  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, epinklyn said:

 

 

Yes currently i am also adjusting my eyes to get used to those two long strands on Lu Ping, as i have adjusted my eyes to get used 2nd brother hat in Ever Night LoL.

 

So @rhaps have you read this awakening novel yet?

About the hair, I think I've seen another actor with similar hair style like that. It did look distracting in pics, but when I watched that guy in the drama, it looked good. I hope it's the same case here.

 

I've read several early chapters of the novel (and preparing myself that the drama will make a lot of changes), and jumped to several chapters (like random picking)).

 

 


I think the story is a bit like harry potter that revolves around Academies and competitions between them, with an addition of  mystery elements.. Because the author is used to write gaming story, the story pattern and the cultivation methods do feel like one ( a character vs a character, where each one has their own unique abilities and they all strive to be the best ) . The hero here (Lu Ping) is a genius and already powerful in the beginning, but he has some kind of limitation too, as a result of his mysterious background . He is a laid back, calm , humble, no ambition kind of guy that appears to be lazy and useless, and he only shows up his ability when he has too ( like if he sees someone in danger and there's no other people around that can help). There is also a mysterious organization involved, but I haven't read much about it yet.

 

That's all that I understand until now, since I haven't read a lot.
 

 

The style of the story-telling is light and simple, and straight-forward, unlike Mao Ni who writes detailed descriptions to describe something. In my case, I need several chapters to get used to it, and it finally turns out okay. I think the style is very 'masculine', like the writer sometimes doesn't bother to explain a lot, and the dialogues are sometimes too simple/short, with a bit of comedy

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @rhaps for the quick synopsis, i also have read random few pages from chinesewuxia (there are only 70 chapters so far), and you right, it is so different with Ever Night, or maybe because of the translation, different translator team. Somehow i havent attracted to it, but after i read your synopsis, i think i am getting interested, so maybe i have to search the completed version of it. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Thanks @rhaps for the quick synopsis, i also have read random few pages from chinesewuxia (there are only 70 chapters so far), and you right, it is so different with Ever Night, or maybe because of the translation, different translator team. Somehow i havent attracted to it, but after i read your synopsis, i think i am getting interested, so maybe i have to search the completed version of it. 

I think it's not as 'rich' as Ever Night,  but because it's simpler, it should be easier to be adapted into a drama. I also wasn't interested to read them at first, but then I picked random chapters and found some interesting parts there, so I went back to the beginning. I've read half of the King's Avatar (another novel by Butterfly Blue), and the style is the same. Perhaps that's why I'm kinda used to it. Even the hero's characters are more or less the same with the King's Avatar, but here, the female characters are more developed.

 

IMHO, Ever Night / Mao Ni's novel has more complex realm , characters, and story, with a style like Jin Yong's novel, which is more suitable to my taste. Butterfly Blue's style is very different. Referring to the King's Avatar, the power of the story is not in the character developments of the leads, but more in the unique characteristic of their abilities, the strategies to defeat the enemies and to raise to the top. Here in LoA, it seems that they add that element of mystery.

 

Anyway, the novel hasn't finished. I read from the translation machine for chapters beyond 70. Until chapter 900, it's still ongoing.

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×