Quantcast
0ly40

[Upcoming Drama 2019] Dear Citizens, 국민 여러분 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST - Choi Si Won & Lee Yoo Young - Premieres on April 1st

KBS Drama

Dear Citizens

D1lE2xnUYAAjTMz.jpg:large

국민 여러분

Episodes: 32 (2 back to back episodes)

Genre: Comedy, Crime

Network: KBS

Airdate: April 1st, 2019 -

Airtime: Monday & Tuesday @ 22:00 KST

Director: Kim Jung Hyun

Writer: Han Jung Hoon

Synopsis:

It  is a comedic criminal drama where a con man who got married to a police officer gets swept up in a series of unplanned incidents and ends up running to become a member of the National Assembly. Yang Jung Kook, is a con man from a family that commits fraud as their family business. He is trying to earn money to marry his girlfriend, so he approaches a loan shark to scam that person but ends up being scammed instead.

Cast:

Choi Si Won as Yang Jung Kook

Lee Yoo Young as Kim Mi Young

Kim Min Jung as Park Hoo Ja

Tae In Ho as Han Sang Jin

Kim Eui Sung as Kim Joo Myung

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yippee !!  I am so happy & this seems like a role that suits him too . I was one of the few who adored him as Hyuk in Revolutionary love . 

Plus this is written by the scriptwriter who did BadGuys and will be directed by the PD who did Jugglers . Both are personal favourites for me .

Soompi article 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1269965wpp/choi-siwon-confirmed-play-lead-upcoming-kbs-drama

Choi Siwon Confirmed To Play Lead In Upcoming KBS Drama

Nov 27, 2018
by J. Lee

Choi Siwon has been cast for the lead role of an upcoming KBS drama.

On November 27, it was reported that the Super Junior member will star in ‘Dear Citizens’ (literal translation).

A source from Choi Siwon’s agency SM Entertainment confirmed, “Choi Siwon will appear in KBS’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama ‘Dear Citizens,’ which is scheduled to air next year.”

Choi Siwon will play Yang Jung Kook, a con man from a family that commits fraud as their family business. He is trying to earn money to marry his girlfriend, so he approaches a loan shark to scam that person but ends up being scammed instead.

“Dear Citizens” is a comedic criminal drama where a con man who got married to a police officer gets swept up in a series of unplanned incidents and ends up running to become a member of the National Assembly.

It is written by Han Jung Hoon, who wrote “Bad Guys” and “Squad 38,” and will be directed by PD Kim Jung Hyun, who directed “Jugglers.” The drama is slated to air in March 2019 after the finale of the second season of “Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul Ho.”

• Like 4

So is this gonna be a comedy or action/crime? I didn't watch the PD's previous works .. but I know Squad 38 did kinda good in ratings?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JojoCx3 said:

So is this gonna be a comedy or action/crime? I didn't watch the PD's previous works .. but I know Squad 38 did kinda good in ratings?

I think it's crime with comedy. I did not watch Squad 38 but Bad Guys was really good crime drama with an unusual premise. One of my all time favourites and a hit for OCN. I think this is a genre that CSW will excel in. I am looking forward to it . I hope more casting news soon.

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, triplem said:

I think it's crime with comedy. I did not watch Squad 38 but Bad Guys was really good crime drama with an unusual premise. One of my all time favourites and a hit for OCN. I think this is a genre that CSW will excel in. I am looking forward to it . I hope more casting news soon.

ah I see thank you! and I agree, I think Siwon gonna excel in it, I really can't wait for it! I love his acting! and hope he gets a good female lead.

• Like 2

DEC 8 2018

Lee Yoo-Young and Kim Min-Jung cast in KBS2 drama series “Fellow Citizens”

Dt4NHulVsAEeExC.jpg

Lee Yoo-Young and Kim Min-Jung are cast in KBS2 drama series “Fellow Citizens” (literal title) co-starring Choi Si-Won. For the drama series, Lee Yoo-Young will play lead female character Kim Mi-Young. She is a detective and marries Yang Jung-Kook (Choi Si-Won). Her husband is a conman, unbeknownst to her. Meanwhile, Kim Min-Jung will major supporting character Park Hoo-Ja. She is a mysterious woman and she blackmails Yang Jung-Kook into running for the national assembly. Also cast in supporting roles for the drama series are Tae In-Ho and Kim Eui-Sung.

“Fellow Citizens” will first air March, 2019 in South Korea (takes over KBS2’s Monday and Tuesday 10PM time slot after “My Lawyer, Mr. Jo 2: Crime and Punishment “).

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/lee-yoo-young-and-kim-min-jung-cast-in-kbs2-drama-series-fellow-citizens

• Like 5

Oh I like LYY @triplem even I didn't watch her role in DJ. I really like her as Prof Shin in Tunnel. So she'll be the leading lady. I wonder will her character have a comedy? I'm curious to see how she acts funny later.

• Like 2

On 11/27/2018 at 10:09 AM, triplem said:

Yippee !!  I am so happy & this seems like a role that suits him too . I was one of the few who adored him as Hyuk in Revolutionary love . 

Plus this is written by the scriptwriter who did BadGuys and will be directed by the PD who did Jugglers . Both are personal favourites for me .

I happy Siwon has a drama too. I've liked him in every drama, loved him as Hyuk too. This role does sound like it was made for him. I loved Bad Guys so it's really good news to me that it's the same writer for this drama.

• Like 2

Same writer as BG. That's great. I like how the crime plot was prettily written in there. 

The drama reminds me a lot of an old movie 'Enemies in-laws 2', this sounds like the third installments of the movie. 

• Like 2

Yippee

Ahh finally some fan cams 

Spoiler

Edited by triplem
  • Like 3

Choi Siwon’s Upcoming Drama Adds More Actors To Its Supporting Cast

Jan 30, 2019
by C. Hong

Several exciting new additions have been announced to Choi Siwon’s new drama!

The new drama is tentatively titled “Dear Citizens” and will air on KBS 2TV. Lee Yoo Young and Kim Min Jung are also starring in the project, which tells the story of a con man who gets married to a police officer and due to forces beyond his control ends up running to be a member of the National Assembly.

Im Ji Hyun has been cast in the role of Choi Siwon’s ex-girlfriend, Yoo Hee Jin. Tae In Ho has been cast as a rookie politician named Han Sang Jin who has studied in the United States and will be competing with Choi Siwon’s character in the local elections.

Kim Ui Sung has been cast in the role of National Assembly member Kim Joo Myung. He is a veteran politician and aims to make a career resurgence by helping Choi Siwon’s character in his own election. Jeon Suk Ho has been cast in the role of Han Sang Jin’s former university colleague and current policy adviser, Kang Hyun Tae.

Heo Jae Ho has also been confirmed for a role in the drama as Choi Pil Joo, the right-hand man of Kim Min Jung’s character.

“Dear Citizens” is scheduled to air after the end of “My Lawyer, Mr. Joe 2” in March.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1300293wpp/choi-siwon-upcoming-drama-actors-supporting

• Like 2

I am really looking forward to this

@stroppyse @stargazer187 @evie7 Let’s watch this together . LYY is the female lead. I think she marries Si Won without knowing that he’s a conman 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, triplem said:

Let’s watch this together . LYY is the female lead. I think she marries Si Won without knowing that he’s a conman  

The tagging is starting to act weird again for me. Anyway, this looks like fun. Plus, LYY and CSW could be really cute together. I mean they both have dimples. :D  I'm in! Someone please give me a heads up when this drama has a start date.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

this sound like it can be comedy gold regarding him running for national assembly :D But can also belive there gonna be sad part as wife figure out he is con man, and also those people electing him. I guess he also maybe gonna start caring for politic and turn a new leaf.even if it start out as not so nobel reason. I guess I really looking forward to this as I already start to think about the story.  :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2019/02/watch-the-first-script-reading-of-new-kbs2-drama-my-fellow-citizens-starring-siwon-lee-yoo-young-more

Watch the first script reading of new KBS2 drama 'My Fellow Citizens' starring Siwon, Lee Yoo Young, & more

20190207-myjpg.jpg

The cast and crew of upcoming KBS2 crime/comedy drama 'My Fellow Citizens' got together for their first script reading, back in December!

'My Fellow Citizens', produced by scriptwriter Han Jung Hoon of 'Bad Guys', '38 Squad', and more, tells the story of a swindler who accidentally marries a policewoman, becoming involved in various deceits and vents until he finds himself running for congressman. 

Super Junior's Siwon plays the role of the male lead Yang Jung Kook, a professional swindler who prides himself in evading the police. Opposite Siwon, actress Lee Yoo Young plays policewoman and Yang Jung Kook's girlfriend Kim Mi Young, who chose to hide her profession to her boyfriend for her own, personal reasons. 

Actress Kim Min Jung joins this cast as Park Hoo Ja, the daughter of a man running Korea's biggest loan shark enterprise, alongside numerous veterans including Tae In Ho, Kim Eui Sung, Yang Dong Geun, and more. 

Watch the actors and actresses test their chemistry for the first time on the set of their script reading, below! 'My Fellow Citizens' premieres this coming March 25!

https://www.vlive.tv/video/111402

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 2/2/2019 at 9:06 PM, triplem said:

Let’s watch this together . LYY is the female lead. I think she marries Si Won without knowing that he’s a conman 

dragonhiplz.gif?1 I'm in on this one! I've not watched LYY in anything but I've heard good things about her. and I'm just dying to have Siwon on my screen.  I really like Kim Min Jung too, this looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

• Love 1