Quantcast
angelangie

[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

It is a sad thing if it is true. But I think CFY will understand, he is come from Filming Business Family, so i'm pretty sure his dad will tell him about the dark side of entertainment business and how cruel they can be. When an opportunity come then make a fully of it, if not ours then just let it go, there are still plenty of doors will be opened for someone talented and mannered like CFY. It is a good thing that CFY has underwent this roadblock early on his career and proved that he is able to face it maturely, thx to his humble and wise family background. 

Actually i am still ok-but-not-okay with the replacement, but since i am so in love with the novel, and love the actors from S1, i planned to watch and support S2, but now hmm i dont know, well maybe i will just continue to finish the novel, let alone the S2, well of course until we have a confirmation about this matter.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

It is a sad thing if it is true. But I think CFY will understand, he is come from Filming Business Family, so i'm pretty sure his dad will tell him about the dark side of entertainment business and how cruel they can be. When an opportunity come then make a fully of it, if not ours then just let it go, there are still plenty of doors will be opened for someone talented and mannered like CFY. It is a good thing that CFY has underwent this roadblock early on his career and proved that he is able to face it maturely, thx to his humble and wise family background. 

I've also discussed this with my friend , after I've heard about this. If this is true, then it will make CFY grows more mature and stronger. Hopefully, he'll be able to overcome this, as well as bigger obstacles in the future .

And yes, he has the talent. From the clips that I've watched on the internet, his real personality is gentle, calm, and polite and seems sensitive. That is very different with Ning Que, so to be able to portray him that well in his first long drama, despite still lacking in some area, is already very good. I wish him the best, and not to be downhearted with this obstacle. He still has a long way to go and he should struggle more . 

• Like 5

Look at our CFY creativity with whipcream :joy:

Screenshot_20190117-215720_WeiboIntl.jpg

I think i broke the level of cultivation, now i am in see-through state :joy:

4fkfw1kp2e17j1m5ym7291ygd.jpg

• LOL 4

30 minutes ago, rhaps said:

and yes, he has the talent. From the clips that I've watched on the internet, his real personality is gentle, calm, and polite and seems sensitive. That is very different with Ning Que, so to be able to portray him that well in his first long drama, despite still lacking in some area, is already very good. I wish him the best, and not to be downhearted with this obstacle. He still has a long way to go and he should struggle more . 

Ah i think you are right, i really hoping he will always work hard, sharpen his skill, and try new character, but dont forget to school as well. Education is number one. I think one day Arthur can be someone like James McAvoy who can flawlessly act of 24 different characters in a go. 加油 Arthur!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Ah i think you are right, i really hoping he will always work hard, sharpen his skill, and try new character, but dont forget to school as well. Education is number one. I think one day Arthur can be someone like James McAvoy who can flawlessly act of 24 different characters in a go. 加油 Arthur!

Or be a great director like his Dad and grandDad. Even better,  be both.

16 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Look at our CFY creativity with whipcream :joy:

I think i broke the level of cultivation, now i am in see-through state :joy:

Awwww .. doesnt he look happy in that pic? . Now his hair style doesnt look bad anymore, right? :joy:

Btw, gotta go now. It's midnight, I have to sleep *LOL*

• Like 3

5 hours ago, pad-hari said:

@caranita, thank you for the post.  

Oh really, then how unfair is it for Arthur?  Why are they using under-handed methods?  Even though he is CK's son, he seem to be so humble.  Even in the recent award ceremony, he told in the winning speech that he want to be famous on his own means and not thru his father's.  How sweet of him!!!!! These influential people should be ashamed of themselves to compete with and bring down a teenage boy.  I am really sorry for him.  Indeed I had a doubt how come he did not accept for the season2 since it's just his second sequential project.  Now I understand what was happening behind the scenes.  But now that I have seen this news, I mY not be so cultivated in watching season2.  :tears:

It's unfair to Arthur indeed and that's why it really annoyed me. Entertainment business in China is very shady, and I'm sure Arthur isn't the first nor the last victim of it. When he was casted in EN1, people accused that it was due to his father's influence. So was the fact that the production team could use the Chang An replica built by CKG, as well as some veterans agreeing to be in supporting roles. I guess those weren't enough to secure him the second season *sarcasm*. But yeah, such IS the entertainment business in China. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, rhaps said:

@caranita, I've read that douban post that you mentioned since November (and now it already has 1000 posts). But, I have no way to proof it because there is no confirmation, nor denial, from both parties. Then, MDL posted the same thing. I just thought that I couldnt watch season 2 until this news was clear ( besides the fact that I was bothered by the replacement as well ) .

True that, there's no way to prove it because the involved parties kept silent until now. Wow, 1000 posts? No way I'd be able to read each following posts! :))). I wasn't planning to follow S2 either for the exact reason (cast replacement), though I enjoyed S1 very much regardless of its flaws. I used to have nothing against the production team, I think they made quite a commendable job, and I'll admit I'm having EN withdrawal. But with more news popping up here and there, my dislike to them started to grow. Let's just say I find Arthur and his family are taking the high road here. I never once heard Arthur saying anything bad about the EN crew and his co-stars there. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, epinklyn said:

I agree. I hope this makes him stronger (it does look like it!). Coming from a high profile family, I'm sure he's learned from a young age how cruel people in the business can be. I just couldn't help being angry reading about it again last night and needed to vent out :D. 

I second what most of you said above, I wish him all the best in his study -- education is important! He did say he wanted to be an actor, but seeing his interests in movie production, who knows, he might later prefer directing. But better invest in his education first, while his family now can afford some of the best options there. His brother is in an Ivy league college and I kind wish he'll follow that path. I always admire artists who are also highly educated, like Janine Chang and David Duchovny :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, caranita said:

Let's just say I find Arthur and his family are taking the high road here. I never once heard Arthur saying anything bad about the EN crew and his co-stars there. 

Like what @epinklyn said, if the role is not for him, then it's not for him. I hope that he just moves forward and doesnt look back.  Personally, I think EN is not everything. Popularity is also not everything, so it's better to gain it through respectable means. Dunno, from his interviews, writings, and his speech in that award event, he seems to be more mature than boys his age. I hope that he'll do well in the future.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Like what @epinklyn said, if the role is not for him, then it's not for him. I hope that he just moves forward and doesnt look back.  Personally, I think EN is not everything. Popularity is also not everything, so it's better to gain it through respectable means. Dunno, from his interviews, writings, and his speech in that award event, he seems to be more mature than boys his age. I hope that he'll do well in the future.

Can't agree more @rhaps

It's infuriating reading all those EN1 stuff, but at the same time EN1 gave him experience and exposure. At least during the shooting time he seemed to be in good hands, I won't deny it. He'll use the lessons he got from it for his future references. 

I don't know if this has been posted here, but I found this interesting interview with Arthur, which shows his level of maturity. Of course non-Mandarin speakers like will need the help of Google translate :D .

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/m_RGHfeRVMZjYu4sK5R7nA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

From what I see in his writing in weibo and instagram, Chen Fei yu is a good kid that is raised well. 

We'll never know what really happen, it is what it is.... So all I can do is hope he'll be better and better in the future. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

That is a good article @caranita, thx for sharing, agree with @lynne22, he is a good kid that is raised well. Surely he has still a long long way to go, more obstacles to face, more pressures to bear but i am sure he can do it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, caranita said:

Can't agree more @rhaps

It's infuriating reading all those EN1 stuff, but at the same time EN1 gave him experience and exposure. At least during the shooting time he seemed to be in good hands, I won't deny it. He'll use the lessons he got from it for his future references. 

I don't know if this has been posted here, but I found this interesting interview with Arthur, which shows his level of maturity. Of course non-Mandarin speakers like will need the help of Google translate :D .

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/m_RGHfeRVMZjYu4sK5R7nA

This is a very good article. Thanks, @caranita :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caranita said:

Can't agree more @rhaps

Actually i am starting to get curious about you and @rhaps talking the dark side of EN1, but i also dont want to ruin my impression of EN drama, although it should not affect too much into my feeling towards the drama directly, right. Those were in background, so we dont see them in the drama. Yeah let us move on, like @rhaps said EN is not everything, one thing for sure CFY successfully to make his Ning Que in EN very memorable for all viewers and become one of his signature work. Let us keep only that in mind and move on, since CFY also did that. He is a mature 18 years old boy, so we should be maturer than him right :tounge_xd:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

@epinklyn, hehehe I'm expecting a different drama/movie now, and havent rewatched EN anymore. And I want to continue reading LoA. Although the drama will change a lot of(I think), I still want to read it, so that I wont be too anxious while waiting for new episodes

30 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Yeah let us move on, like @rhaps said EN is not everything, one thing for sure CFY successfully to make his Ning Que in EN very memorable for all viewers and become one of his signature work. Let us keep only that in mind and move on, since CFY also did that. He is a mature 18 years old boy, so we should be maturer than him right :tounge_xd:

To be able to make a very deep impression to some viewers, that is really not an easy achievement, yeah. I think it's because EN was just over, so of course fans still regret about the replacement. And I think if he was a big star, then there would be a lot more chaos *LOL* 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Eh I've just finished reading the article from @caranita . Wow, he is really mature for a boy his age...like really mature. He reads serious reading materials and watches old and art movies. He also already has some kind of understanding toward himself and what he has to do. He and his brother are really something.

I like this part :

"In Chen Feiyu's concept, men should have two basic temperament, one is the ability to express, and the other is the ability to calmly analyze problems. The latter's achievement, in addition to being related to natural genes, also constitutes an inevitable causal relationship with his study abroad career."

And this one  :

"He said that he is a strict time manager. When he is studying in the United States, he will divide the 24 hours a day into pieces of time, and then give them their respective values and meanings, and then complete them one by one. He is very fulfilled."

To think that he is a senior high school student ..:o . I've always thought that Liu Haoran was the most mature young man that I've ever known

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Yeah like you @rhaps, i want to quote so many things from the article, something that really really impressed me, how can a highschool kid can be like that, standing ovation for CKG n CH :wub:

Can wait for tomorrow live Dior in Paris Fashion Week, asia time.

• Like 4

Found video from a fan in weibo, in the event of Franic. Look at the signature motion of CFY :phew:

Credit FlyWithU0409 weibo

https://www.meipai.com/media/1067117516?uid=1627463476&client_id=1089857299&utm_source=meipai_share&utm_term=meipai_ios&utm_content=test&viewCount=1&shareCount=1

20190118-153703.jpg

Edited by epinklyn
Edit link video
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2