Quantcast
jadecloud

[Current Mainland WebDrama 2019] The Legend of Hao Lan / Beauty Hao Lan 皓镧传

3 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

Youtube got some cuts. No subs. I link them just to showcase some familiar faces.

I think they are sisters with different mothers. Haolan was begging her for the location of her own mother's grave while the sister disliked her for being well-liked by their father, grandma and teacher....over her since young.

Think probably their 1st meeting. She was thanking him for saving her. I won't translate the rest. But do take note of the male servant appearing on the left....the same actor as the eunuch Xiao Quan Zi in Yanxi...who served Yingluo. Think here, he was the servant of Lu Buwei.

Maybe that servant will be Lao AI later on?? 

19 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Maybe that servant will be Lao AI later on?? 

No. I remember seeing the cast list in chinese....not the same actor. 

Over 4000 sets of clothes and 300 sets of setting place for the productions, pictures stills released for some of the setting.

6a165c19ly1fze4nuban1j21hc0u04qp_zpsm5f06a165c19ly1fze4nul768j21hc0u0e81_zpsnnmy6a165c19ly1fze4nv5dfwj21hc0u0npd_zps5gim

Spoiler

6a165c19ly1fze4nv095yj21hc0u0qv5_zpsoprw6a165c19ly1fze4nvevrsj21hc0u0hdt_zps9ndk6a165c19ly1fze4nuzqa4j21hc0u0hdt_zpsi44z6a165c19ly1fze4nv2qruj21hc0u0hdt_zps3ppk6a165c19ly1fze4nu5ad9j21hc0u0e81_zpsehqt6a165c19ly1fze4nu1klvj21hc0u07wh_zpssjmj

• Like 4

The backdrops and costumes are beautiful in addition to the female cast members in The Legend of Hao Lan.

What I do not understand is reusing much of the same cast in The Story of YanXi Palace. To me, I will be reminded of (YanXi) and its glorious shadows/influences that might obscure (Hao Lan).

• LOL 1

8 hours ago, ebullient said:

The backdrops and costumes are beautiful in addition to the female cast members in The Legend of Hao Lan.

What I do not understand is reusing much of the same cast in The Story of YanXi Palace. To me, I will be reminded of (YanXi) and its glorious shadows/influences that might obscure (Hao Lan).

i never really watch YanXi so i guess it is fresh for me? also im not planning to watch this either lols maybe just snip and shot of it :D 

9 hours ago, ebullient said:

I personally like that they used the Yanxi cast i loved that cast alot so im not upset at all. 

51 minutes ago, angelangie said:

i never really watch YanXi so i guess it is fresh for me? also im not planning to watch this either lols maybe just snip and shot of it :D 

Yanxi is really amazing you missing out ;p 

9 hours ago, ebullient said:

As for me, honestly, I'm eager to watch Legend of Hao Lan just because I can't get enough of Nie Yuan and Wu Jinyan. So i don't mind the Yanxi feeling continue in this drama since I'm so crave for their loveline.  

• Like 2

I just finished episode 1 and I like how the story just drops the audience in the middle of some family conflict. One thing I'm not used to is seeing the same cast as different characters. I keep expecting Wu Jing Yan to lay down the law much like Wei Ying Luo did in Yanxi but alas, there is none of that here... :bawling: I do look forward to the continuous chemistry between Wu Jing Yan and Nie Yuan. 

• Like 1

Skimmed through the entire 14 episodes. Loving Haolan and Lu Bu Wei. The directors somewhat kept the same gestures of Qianlong n Wei Ying luo in this new drama. Lu Bu Wei likes pinching Haolans cheeks and Haolan likes to kick/hit Lu Bu Wei whenever shes mad lool and haolan constantly pest Lu Bu Wei about liking her but not admitting to it. Theyre cute. Besides this couple, The drama couldnt keep my attention as much as yanxi did. Like it doesnt have that addicting factor. Everything is  longwinded and not fastpaced. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ChloeR said:

Skimmed through the entire 14 episodes. Loving Haolan and Lu Bu Wei. The directors somewhat kept the same gestures of Qianlong n Wei Ying luo in this new drama. Lu Bu Wei likes pinching Haolans cheeks and Haolan likes to kick/hit Lu Bu Wei whenever shes mad lool and haolan constantly pest Lu Bu Wei about liking her but not admitting to it. Theyre cute. Besides this couple, The drama couldnt keep my attention as much as yanxi did. Like it doesnt have that addicting factor. Everything is  longwinded and not fastpaced. 

Yanxi was long winded and not fast paced at the start either ;p 

16 hours ago, ChloeR said:

Well, I skimmed watch too (for now) and I agree that it is not as addictive as Yanxi. Plus, my biggest problem comes with Hao Lan being portrayed as "too much" of a damsel in distress. She got thrown into the river, sold off by her stepmom, almost strangle to death, punished by canning, thrown into prison and what not and I am sure there are still plenty more suffering she is going to endure. 

Same as @kyoko22, I am actually watching mainly for the Yanxi couple reunion and I am glad that Nie Yuan and Wu Jinyan still showcased strong electrifying chemistry. Their scenes together are always the highlight to me.

Anyway, I am wondering how is the reception of Hao Lan so far? I don't expect it to achieve anything near Yanxi, but I do hope the drama is doing well. 

• Like 1

Can someone pls share what happened to Li Bu Wei’s side kick (the character who was servicing Ying Lou in Yanxi)? I skimmed through the episodes and noticed he has disappeared 

Yes I agree it is not as addictive and as funny as Yanxi. I get the feeling this is a little heavy, boring at some parts and political. I really enjoyed Yanxi as there were serious and humorous parts. Anyway understand it is not fair to compare the two 

It is so fun maneuvering through weibo. Hahaha. Buwie-Haolan's fans are bickering with Yingren-Haolan's fans. Arguing which love is more real (just like Qianglong-Yinglou and Fuheng-Yinglou). But I love Nieyuan-Wujinyan pair. So, I totally cheer for those fans. Hahaha.

China has put a ban on palace dramas, so I am curious to see how this will effect this series, zhao ge and the sequel to yanxi. 

Does anyone have any news on this?

48 minutes ago, doubleicon said:

China has put a ban on palace dramas, so I am curious to see how this will effect this series, zhao ge and the sequel to yanxi. 

Does anyone have any news on this?

The ban seems to be just on Broadcast at the moment not on online im worried for Zhao Ge, Queen dugu also. 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2019 at 5:58 AM, ForgottenSoulx said:

The ban seems to be just on Broadcast at the moment not on online im worried for Zhao Ge, Queen dugu also. 

I’ve been anticipating Queen Dugu (bc I love Joe Chen). Will be disappointing if it is banned due to the new censorship law :tears:

I started watching Haolan, but feel like its very slow paced. Will watch until episode 20ish to see if I want to continue watching it. I love the era it is set in. I usually get to watch the story if Yinzheng (Qin Shihuang), lovely to see the story of Buwei and Yiren this time. 

I plan to begin watching the series today. I'm new to this forum, but truly appreciate the forums and lively discussions.

• Like 2

On 2/4/2019 at 3:25 AM, faithwalker said:

I plan to begin watching the series today. I'm new to this forum, but truly appreciate the forums and lively discussions.

I have been watching with my limited mandarin and then rewatch with subs and here I am.... Wailing everyday in front of my pc because the subs version is way behind. 

This drama has a choppy beginning but once Haolan entered the palace, the story starts to get interesting and I must say, I like it a lot and it is really addictive. Watching subs definitely give me a better impression on this drama. 

Spoiler

Now my heart is breaking as my ship has sinked and anyone.... If you know... Who's d baby daddy is? 

Paging @ChloeR and @sharonfu18 Please join us at this thread. 

And HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR, everyone :D

What is it with c-dramas having Legend in most of the titles LoL?! 

It sounds similar to other palace harem dramas, where 1 female protagonist survives using her wit and charm but of course is desired by 2 men LoL. 

Spoiler

I’m 25+ eps in and I’m tired of Lü Buwei. He constantly disrespects Haolan, is dishonest with her (he says one thing, his actions say a different thing, ...can he make up his mind?), doesn’t treat her as an equal. It’s exhausting to watch. I see myself rooting for her and Wang Sun more.