Quantcast
0ly40

[Current Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST

so far, so good!

the cinematography is really beautifull and the drama is well done.

since this is my first Go Ara's drama i really liked her. she's charismatic, her charc is interesting, competent and i do hope she gets more development.

i have to say that Kwon Yool charc. didnt get me. mb bc he's there to be the comic relief since this drama is very dark. so i thought sometimes he looked a little annoying. just my view, mb it'll chance.

something that i don't remember: did they mention the name of the women who  Yeongjo brings with him to Hanyang?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mari_may said:

so far, so good!

the cinematography is really beautifull and the drama is well done.

:thumbsup: i agree

since this is my first Go Ara's drama i really liked her. she's charismatic, her charc is interesting, competent and i do hope she gets more development.

Unlike you i'm familiar with Go Ara and her work and i like her very much...no doubt she'll do great :)

Girl here is smart and fearless (and funny...that scene when she's looking down at her breasts wondering if they r to small was great :lol:)..well our our guy almost choked then :lol:...looking fwd to their future scenes 

i have to say that Kwon Yool charc. didnt get me. mb bc he's there to be the comic relief since this drama is very dark. so i thought sometimes he looked a little annoying. just my view, mb it'll chance.

In a way you r right...mostly in the beginning...but for me even more annoying was evil prince :rolleyes:...acting like spoiled brat...if he really wish to be the king can't he hold himself for a bit and not to be so obvious

something that i don't remember: did they mention the name of the women who  Yeongjo brings with him to Hanyang?

I think they didn't...

As for our 'low-birth' prince...i felt sorry for him...his life was hard...really glad his father finally said to him some right words..though i don't see him as a leader in palace, he's more like free spirit...but he could help other good prince 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mari_may said:

I don't think they did, but in the character descriptions on the sbs site her name is cho-hong. 

• Like 1

zagigirl

thank you for the comments. it's nice that you already familiar with Go Ara. and yes, was very funny. i also like she's quick and already was very upfront with Yeongjo about his ID.

i bet wil we see more blood and bratty behaviour from Milpoong.

yes and ep 2 really let scary about his thoughts. plus i'm afraid that something bad will happen with the lady he came along.

finally, what i fnd compelling is Jung Il woo acting. it's balanced. he's sarcastic, petty, funny, lovely... not over the top. i say h=this bc i have issues with his char in "moon the embraces the sun".

anyway,  kudos to the writer and directing!

spark101

oh thank you. now i remember, if i'm no mistaken, it was you that posted about her character. :)

edit: i just read she's a musical theatre actress.

• Like 1

@mari_may You're not alone in thinking something bad will happen to chohong...many people are predicting she'll die soon(soon as in some time before the series is over). Possibly by milpoong? 

• Like 2

@spark101 yes, i think you're right!

now i was thinking: there's a scene in one of the teasers that shows Yeongjo drunken and then crying, like something happen to someone close to him.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mari_may said:

@spark101 yes, i think you're right!

now i was thinking: there's a scene in one of the teasers that shows Yeongjo drunken and then crying, like something happen to someone close to him.

Hm, good thinking, I wasn't thinking of that scene. Though that might also be his reaction to prince yeonryung's death. (also in real life, yeonryung died at age 20.)

• Like 3

After a while faind good Saeguk drama:blush:

Excited to follow the story this prince is Dong yi son:wub:

He will become a good King does he?

Watching all the cast look like this drama very outstanding, event the soldiers they chooses the experience actor and the good one.

Very promosing:thumbsup:

• Like 2

Okay, I actually didn't have high expectations, but this is shaping up to be  quite good. I was only meaning to watch the first episode and see how is it but I didn't suppose I'd finish all the eps^^. 

I love the addition/emphasis of the inspectors, this is somehow different from a lot of sageuk dramas. This is my second sageuk this year alongside its time slot rival The Crowned Clown. I never imagine I'd get hooked to sageuk dramas nowadays. This drama seems fast paced as well, too much going on in just 2/4 episodes.

Glad Go Ah Ra's character here is not another damsel in distress, she's fearless, strong willed, smart and good at fighting as well. I hope it stays like that, or get better even. I actually like her disguise as a man, she looks cute in it :wub:. Pretty boy.

Haechi-Episode-3-4-Watch-Haechi-Episode-

I'm liking Kwon Yul's character here, only watched him in Bring it on, Ghost and he's such a villain there. He's the comic relief here. I hope they still maintain these kinds of scenes to balance its pretty dark theme, we need some light scenes from time to time. Kdramas usually start with some comic scenes which I tend to get hooked with but then afterwards, it's going down the road of depressing-sad scenes. 

Spoiler

Lee Tan, I still don't know what to make of his character. One moment, he's kinda stupid, then scary, crazy, I find myself laughing at him whenever Yeoning outsmarts him.  He's like a bomb who doesn't need to tick, he just explodes. Quite a handy villain he is.

Now, I wonder how Yeoning and Yeoji will be romantically involved here since he is already married. As someone mentioned in a previous post, this is already a sinking ship before it even begins. We all know what happens if a female lead is not of royal blood or not even a royal concubine, there's zero chance. But yeah, I just hope they all survive in the end. And oh, just a random thought, if this ship has a name, it's quite weird because it'll be either YeoNing/YeoJi..which is exactly just their name even if combined :P.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The scary thing about yi tan right now is not the man himself, but the people supporting him(noron and minister min). It'll be very interesting to see how the writer evolves the conflict from yeoning vs noron+yi tan to after he becomes crown prince then king, where he's struggling against the noron having too much power in the government. In history, I believe the noron hoped to use yeoning as a puppet king(this is why they supported yeongjo/yeoning) to control the government. Of course, it didn't go that way and yeongjo became an effective ruler, though the noron did hold considerable power throughout. 

I'm of two minds about how to end the love line(either way, it does look like it'll be a very minor part, so those who don't like romance needn't worry, I think). On one hand, it would be cool to have her just keep doing her thing as an investigator. However, given the time period, there's no way she is going to get a higher/more influential position as a woman in that department, and I doubt it would do much good to remain a damo, where she would be bossed around by others, some less capable than her. The only way she'd be ranked  is as a court lady in the Naemyungbu(of which the queen is head, comprises all the court ladies of the palace, with various departments/roles). There, she could do a similar line of work as an investigative court lady, like in dong yi, but she would be in charge of inspecting women of the court. Another alternative ending would be for her to become a concubine. Now that may seem like a cliche ending, and seems limiting to yeoji, but given the role of women in those days, this would actually give her the biggest opportunity to really wield influence, though in a different capacity(see: all the consorts in joseon dynasty that became famous one way or another). 

Sorry for the extended rant. xD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

only check this drama because of Go Ara, so far so good 

i hope this drama can be something like "Nirvana in Fire" where the focus is on power struggles and not romance (although it would be better if Liu Tao's character has more screen time)

@spark101  Yeoning and YeoJi is a sinking ship and i do not mind YeoJi dies at the end as long as her character plays important role in helping him get the throne, reform the system and shape his philosophy as a king.

A good and well meaning love story is always better than empty HEA romance.. 

• Like 2

I like how these three met.

They made me laugh.

Prince YG first saw that YJ is beautiful, but I think that he

already realised how smart and brave she is. :)

MS is a bit loud, but he doesnt give up easily when

he has a goal set.

DM tries not to stand out, but its clear that he sees

and knows everything.

I like that YG will have people like that around himself. 

• Like 1

The new stills....so beautiful. 

No matter if there will be romance or no.

I like their chemistry on the screen. :wub: