Quantcast
LyraYoo

[Current Drama 2019] The Fiery Priest 열혈사제 - Fri & Sat @ 22:00 KST

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Hellllllo !

Similarities? 

Well , are you referring to the taboo almost- romance  btwn a  recently widowed Mother of twins  & a hawt spy in  Terius vs the heaven forbid  love line here btwn an ambitious  prosecutor and a hawt priest ? :astonished:

I hope this will be as fun & action packed as Terius. :D Teaser looks promising.

:lol: Let's just say that I won't put my hope too high in the romance department since this is categorized as comedy-crime drama...

• LOL 3

The Hot-Blooded Priest fights his way through a sinful city in SBS comedy

by tipsymocha

hotbloodedpriest-teaser03.jpg

Well, this is certainly a new kind of priest in dramaland. SBS’s upcoming dramedy Hot-Blooded Priest has recently released a teaser showing our three leads Kim Nam-gil (Live Up to Your Name), Kim Sung-kyun (Untouchable), and Honey Lee (Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People), and it looks like we’re in for an irreverently fun ride.

First up, we have our titular priest Kim Nam-gil, and to call him “hot-blooded” sounds like an understatement to me. In the teaser, we see him stop in the middle of a sermon to yell obscenities at a member of his congregation for eating during Mass. And I certainly don’t know what business a priest has in beating up people, but that’s exactly what he goes around doing, while saying offscreen that his “job prioritizes judgment and punishment.” The teaser itself says he has an anger management disorder, and coupled with his distinctly un-priest-like fighting skills, he goes out to “destroy” the sins of his city.

Next, we have Kim Sung-kyun’s blustering but ultimately cowardly detective. He bursts into a gangster’s den, only to fake a stomach ache out of the situation, though his ruse obviously doesn’t work as we see him butt-naked on the street, with the gangsters only leaving him with his police sash. I love Kim Sung-kyun when he does comedy, so I definitely think I’m going to enjoy his turn as the “idiot” cop. It’ll be interesting to see how the detective and the priest will get on as they team up to solve the murder of another priest, especially since their first meeting doesn’t seem to go so great, with Kim Sung-kyun tasering Kim Nam-gil.

And last, but certainly not least, is Honey Lee’s prosecutor character, who might end up either friend or foe to our unlikely duo. It’s not really clear from the teaser which side she’ll fall on, as the teaser’s chyron labels her as a bad egg prosecutor who gets in our duo’s way, while also showing her as a bit of a fraidy cat who flinches hard when the priest merely lifts his arm to put back some soju on the shelves. I also love that she has a bit of a potty mouth, who swears that “the next time that priest or whatever shows up in front of me… (beeeeeeep).” Lol.

SBS’s Hot-Blooded Priest is set to premiere sometime in February.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/01/the-hot-blooded-priest-fights-his-way-through-a-sinful-city-in-sbs-comedy/

Wahhhhh my expectations is rising...and just look at this picture.  :D 

hotbloodedpriest-teaser12.jpg

This will replace The Last Empress. So we will have crazy dramas all the way on this slot.  :D 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

On 1/8/2019 at 3:56 PM, triplem said:

This will replace The Last Empress. So we will have crazy dramas all the way on this slot.  :D 

Gosh... no break from the thrills and shrills, huh? Wed-Thurs are becoming my fave days... :D 

• LOL 6

@LyraYoo schedule change

https://www.soompi.com/article/1295307wpp/sbs-announces-upcoming-scheduling-changes-new-drama-law-jungle

SBS will be making changes to its schedule for the upcoming drama “The Fiery Priest.”

Usually, SBS airs its weekend dramas on Saturdays, which has been the schedule since changes were made in November 2016 with “Our Gap Soon.” Therefore, this will be the first change in weekend drama scheduling for SBS in two years and three months.

A source from SBS confirmed on January 19, “‘The Fiery Priest’ has been confirmed to air on Fridays and Saturdays at 10 p.m. KST from February 15.”

With this change, “Law of the Jungle” will inevitably have to be moved as the show currently airs every Friday at 10 p.m. KST. The source from SBS explained, “‘Law of the Jungle’ will be moved and air on Saturdays at 9 p.m. KST.”

“The Fiery” is an extreme investigative comedy about a Catholic priest with a hot temper who teams up with a foolish detective to solve cases. The drama will star Kim Nam GilKim Sung Kyun, and Honey Lee.

• Like 5

The script reading pics are looking great.  KNG and HL are in casual interaction and cute.  I can see the chem between them now itself.  I look forward to this fiery looking priest:wub:

• Like 3

Looking forward to see KNG again. Since Bad Guy(?).

On 1/21/2019 at 2:15 AM, vangsweetie637 said:

Yep. My next drama to watch!

@ktcjdrama @triplem we meet again :P

Indeed!  How can I miss KNG ...been waiting so patiently for his drama come back after LUTYN. 

In the latest teaser , I cracked up at Lee Honey ogling at hot priest . ..oh oh oh....no romance it seems    :lol:

------------------------------------------

Watch: Kim Nam Gil, Kim Sung Kyun, And Honey Lee Take Quirkiness To The Next Level In “The Fiery Priest” Teasers

Jan 21, 2019
by U. Kim

SBS has released several teaser videos for their upcoming Friday-Saturday drama “The Fiery Priest” starring Kim Nam Gil, Kim Sung Kyun, and Honey Lee.

“The Fiery Priest” is an investigative comedy drama that tells the story of hot-tempered Catholic priest Kim Hae Il (played by Kim Nam Gil) and foolish detective Goo Dae Young (played by Kim Sung Kyun) joining forces to solve a murder incident.

The first teaser starts off with Kim Nam Gil dramatically striding down the hallway, followed by a scene of him beating up the bad guys with a spinning kick. Kim Sung Kyun tells him, “You can’t go losing your temper and breaking things while you’re investigating,” but Kim Nam Gil gives a halfhearted reply and kicks open a door in the next scene. The teaser also shows Honey Lee (playing Park Kyung Sun) making blasphemous remarks at Kim Nam Gil, who is just barely keeping his temper at bay.

The following teasers are short clips portraying Kim Sung Kyun as a clueless detective, Kim Nam Gil as an attractive young priest, and Honey Lee as a prosecutor who has an overflowing interest in good-looking men.

“The Fiery Priest” will premiere on February 15 at 10 p.m. KST. Stay tuned for more information on the upcoming drama!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1296149wpp/watch-kim-nam-gil-kim-sung-kyun-honey-lee-take-quirkiness-next-level-fiery-priest-teasers

Edited by triplem
  • Like 5

Leaving my footprint here!

I came to know about Kim Nam Gil from Live up to your name... so I'm excited that he has a new drama! 

• Like 5

YASS!! KNG has new drama soon!

I didn't know that before.

Going to watch it surely... c.u soon guys.

Let's have fun together.. guessing the next scene as we usually do just like in another thread hahaha

• Like 3
  • Love 1

DyPt4T-UcAAMltA.jpg

following their script, they are filming 7 (13-14) i presume :)

Another teaser

• Like 1
  • Love 2

“The Fiery Priest” Reveals Dark And Dramatic Poster

by C. Hong
44958dd774a347ffb93169878de74cda.jpeg?s=

On February 1, “The Fiery Priest” unveiled their first poster for the drama featuring Kim Nam Gil.

The poster has a strong aura with a priest dressed in black and a white clerical collar, which is splattered with blood. His hands are also bloodstained as he holds a gun cocked in a vaguely menacing stance. Most of Kim Nam Gil’s face is also hidden from the viewer, except for his terrifying smile.

kim-nam-gil-the-fiery-priest.jpg

Kim Nam Gil plays Kim Hae Il, hot-tempered Catholic priest who teams up with a cowardly detective (Kim Sung Kyun) to solve a murder. In stark contrast to the poster, the drama is said to be an investigative comedy.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1300870wpp/the-fiery-priest-reveals-dark-and-dramatic-poster

• Like 3