Quantcast
0ly40

[Current Drama 2018-2019] Move Over, Fate /Get Out of the Way, Fate, 비켜라 운명아 - Mon-Fri @ 20:25 KST

18 hours ago, jayakris said:

Looks like just when the 4 youngsters were beginning to really get along with each other, the older ones seem to be making them compete against each other.  SJ's dad asked NJ (in Ep 61) to become the successor, for him to be with SJ, and it seems SH is doing the same thing with SU in Ep 62.  The old people won't let the youngsters get along without being greedy!

I had said that just 2 days ago, and seeing the preview for Ep 63, things will go in sour directions like that. It looks SH may have managed to turn SU back to his cut-throat self again.  He seems to be threatening MS now, and it looks like SJ eavesdrops on it.  And SJ also looks upset that NJ is now on to helping one more person (the creepy "dad") and she isn't happy about it - as she tells NJ that she can only hope for the guy to spend any time thinking about her.

Ep 63 preview - http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/mylife/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2018-0557-01-871110,read,,64,787650

Blurb: 만석(홍요섭)을 찾아온 시우(강태성)는 민한에서 디자인1팀의 제품을 생산해달라고 의뢰하지만, 둘 사이 쌓인 앙금에 발목 잡혀 협상은 결렬된다. 승주(서효림)는 항상 다른 사람을 챙기느라 바쁜 남진(박윤재)에게 서운해하는데...

Translation: As SU visits MS and requests that MinHan produce Design-Team-1's clothes, the negotiations break down, bogged down by the piled up baggage between the two. SJ gets distressed by an NJ who is constantly busy taking care of all the other people.

• Like 4

Not a whole lot happened in today's episode, but we have the brothers ready to go up against each other again.  Interesting dynamics going on.

I find the acting of MS' crook brother inn law quite funny.  He is good at his role.  The way he got scared about "getting rid of" JA was funny.  "I will do anything, except cause people harm".   Anything but physical harm, I guess... Haha.  Also, MS is finding some success with rearranging whatever little brain his wife has.  She bought a $10 bag??   She could have bought 1200 of those with that one mink coat!

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

Well, for all of the skeptics out there who wondered if SW was really changing or putting on an act, you were right about not being able to change a leopard's spots!  The rivalry is heating up and Nam Jin is toughening up... Yay!!:lol:

Seung Joo is being petty and whiney about NJ not paying attention to her.  She knows his feelings toward her and needs to cut him a little slack.  I know he gets the message, but why needle such a great catch?<_<

Mr. Bang is trying very hard to find someone to confide in to divulge what he knows about mistress Mom... should be soon.

• Like 8

20 hours ago, msmy said:

Seung Joo is being petty and whiney about NJ not paying attention to her.  She knows his feelings toward her and needs to cut him a little slack.  I know he gets the message, but why needle such a great catch?<_<

I won't blame her though.  She was sitting right in front when he got BCS' call.  He could have easily asked her if she had plans for the evening, before telling BCS that he would go meet him.  She should come first for him, if he is the boyfriend.  Or, he could have called him back immediately to move the meeting to tomorrow, at least after she said she had bought movie tickets already (at which point she would have easily offered to not go to the movies too!  That is what a smart BF would know). 

NJ did everything wrong there.  He just needs to put her in front of everybody else, and he is not doing that.   She may be first in his mind, but he doesn't bring it out in his actions.  True that she is being a bit whiny about it, as it is a small matter of a movie outing, but she is no different than 99% of girlfriends out there!

----------------------

Preview for E64 from KBS -- http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/mylife/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&amp;bbs_loc=T2018-0557-01-871110,read,,65,787683

Blurb: 허청산(강신일) 변호사는 생일을 맞아 방철상(권혁호)과 식구들이 모인 자리에서 수희(김혜리)를 최금순과 엮으며 압박한다. 진아(진예솔)는 수희와의 저녁식사를 앞두고 여전히 돈타령만 하는 어머니가 답답하기만 한데...

Translation:  With the family and BCS gathered for his birthday, Lawyer CS' puts pressure on SH about her connection to Choe GuemSun.  With her dinner meeting with SH up ahead, JA is only stressed out by her mother who is only talking about money, as always.

----------------------

Nothing much substantial happened in Ep 64 either.  Fun is about to start though, as SH seems to be thinking of what to do to get BCS to go away, after Lawyer CS made pointed remarks at the birthday party, asking BCS if Choe GeumSun had anything to do with baby NJ being stolen, purposely for SH to hear.  I wonder why SH hasn't done anything to "get rid of" the lawyer.  Maybe she is yet to realize that Lawyer CS is a bigger threat to her than anybody else.  Meanwhile CS' secretary has found the wife of the orphanage director, and CS will be meeting her soon.  I liked the jovial scene with SJ and NJ at the end, where SJ said a line that JA thought was just like something NJ would say, and then NJ came and said exactly that line, leaving the women in splits.

One interesting development is in the preview for Ep 65.  A young girl will show up at the cafe, looking for work. I think I heard DS calling her SeonHui.  I am sure Ajussi's long-lost daughter, whose name was SeonHui, from the first episode where Ajussi said it, IIRC.  So some story arc should be starting with her in it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

On 1/29/2019 at 9:13 PM, jayakris said:

As SU visits MS and requests that MinHan produce Design-Team-1's clothes, the negotiations break down, bogged down by the piled up baggage between the two. SJ gets distressed by an NJ who is constantly busy taking care of all the other people.

I can;t blame her NJ got to much baggage he wants to take cae of because he thinks they help him in taking him in when he would have been better off in and orphanage..

Well I see I haven't missed much, Thanks for the updates everyone

• Like 6

Ep 65 preview - http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/mylife/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&amp;bbs_loc=T2018-0557-01-871110,read,,66,787717

Blurb: 수희(김혜리)와의 저녁식사 자리에서 진아(진예솔)는 어머니의 주책 때문에 난감해한다. 연실(유지연)의 실수로 디자인2팀의 물량이 전부 다시 제작돼야 하는 상황에 놓이자 승주(서효림)와 만석(홍요섭)의 인내심도 한계에 다다르는데...

Translation:  At the dinner meeting with SH,  JA finds her mother's ignorant behavior unbearable. With YS' mistake causing Design Team 2's products having to be completely remade, SJ and MS reach the limit of their patience.

------

Just saw Ep 65.  SH said to BCS - "You are the one who messed it up.  I asked you to eliminate the kid".  He said he was only helping by raising the kid, because he would've been found pretty quickly, had he just dumped him somewhere.  So we see that she meant to have the baby killed, but BCS hadn't taken it that way!...  So, that part is settled.  They tried to challenge each other with jail threats, but in the end she offered $50K and then more money if he could help her with something (but we didn't hear what that was).  He seemed to agree.  

Meanwhile, CS went and saw the orphanage director's wife, who has dementia.  But she remembers Choe Geum Sun who was a pretty girl who was in the orphanage because her dad was a drunk who beat her and her mom.  However, when CS showed her the picture, she didn't seem to recognize her, probably because she only remembers the young look.  At the end of the episode, CS decides to scare BCS and SH both by asking BCS this, just so SH would hear from a few feet away - "You wanted to find Choe GeumSun, right?  I know somebody who knows CGS very well".  That froze SH.

JA's mom started calling SH "In-law An" (An-sadon) and SJ said that it is too early to talk marriage, at the dinner table.  But it seems SH told the mom later that JA won't be working after marriage, as the mom told JA later.  JA is worried about it at work, but doesn't get a chance to ask SU if he knows about this, because the team-mates showed up.

NJ told SJ in the car, that she was a bit too harsh with YS who made a simple mistake, as she is just starting off at her job -- though it was costly for MS.   He understand SJ's anguish, but said that the SJ he knows is one who would cheer up people to not make mistakes.  She agreed she will be nicer to YS, saying NJ is good at saying things that she finds hard to counter.

• Like 7
  • Sad 3

There were plenty of "chuckle" moments in episode 65, especially as ex-con Mr. Bang is not going to be threatened by mistress Mom.  She's met her match with him as he comes  right back at her when she puts on her "threatening" act.  And lawyer Heo is deliberately dropping comments about "Choi Geum Soon" within earshot of mistress Mom in order to make her squirm.  Lawyer Heo is no dummy and will get to the bottom of it.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Sorry i havent been updating, having problems with the videos.

Episode 52

Spoiler

Credit: KBS World TV

Episode 53

Spoiler

Episode 54

Spoiler

Episode 55

Spoiler

Episode 56

Spoiler

Episode 57

Spoiler

Episode 58

Spoiler

Episode 59

Spoiler

Episode 60

Spoiler

Credit: KBs World TV

• Like 4

Preview for Ep 66 from KBS - http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/mylife/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&amp;bbs_loc=T2018-0557-01-871110,read,,67,787724

Blurb: 대식(육동일)이네 카페에서 익숙한 얼굴을 발견한 남진(박윤재)은 상현(조덕현)에게 연락을 취한다.
허청산(강신일) 변호사는 남진에게 30년 전 방철상(권혁호)에게 유괴를 사주한 배후가 수희(김혜리) 같다고 털어놓는데...

Translation: Having seen a face that looked familiar at DS's cafe, NJ gets in touch with Ajussi. Lawyer Heo reveals to NJ that the one who was behind instigating BCS to kidnap him 30 years ago seems to be SH.

Oh, so it looks like the drama will waste no time in letting NJ know of SH's involvement in his kidnapping.  This should get interesting.  But how does Lawyer CS confirm so fast that SH must be the one behind?  Does BCS reveal something to the lawyer?   Also, it seems like Ajussi and his daughter will meet  right away too.  This drama still seems to show no intention of unnecessarily dragging things or confusing things.  Honest and straight-forward story telling. But then what story is really there for 54 more episodes, I wonder?....

------------------------

On 2/1/2019 at 10:32 AM, msmy said:

There were plenty of "chuckle" moments in episode 65, especially as ex-con Mr. Bang is not going to be threatened by mistress Mom. 

Actually the drama has had some decent "chuckle" moments lately.  It's never big haha moments, but light moments.  Sometimes I wonder if the humor comes out as well in English as it does in Korean though.

• Like 7

As was mentioned in the preview, Mr. Lee and his daughter are reunited when Nam Jin recognizes her at the cafe.  She is a nice girl that is studying nursing,  so mistress Mom offers to get her a scholarship through the company,  as financial aid is offered to children of employees.  Her kind gesture surprises everyone..   Mr. Lee's daughter has had a similar experience to Ms. Choi with a stepfather that was abusive.

Lawyer Heo called in NJ and laid it all out about what he found.  NJ is reluctant to let it be known that Ms. Choi had a different name and was behind his kidnapping for fear of hurting many people.  Lawyer Heo said he will expose it anyway in the future as a matter of  respect for Chairman Ahn and his wife who suffered for 30 years.  Funny how NJ is overly compassionate for one side, yet lacks the "tiger" gene to get outraged by injustices.  I hope he gets a clue pretty soon.:angry:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Lawyer Heo lays it all out at a family meeting with everyone there.  As a former prosecutor, he is not intimidated by any challenge, and by the end, mistress Mom is playing the "pity card", "how dare you accuse me when I had a pitiful youth."  SW and JA walk in late to the gathering, and hear the accusations which prompt SW to foolishly lash out in defense of his mother and state he will sue Lawyer Heo.  Lawyer Heo welcomes the challenge, which is bad news for Mr. Bang, who would have to testify under oath after denying the argument of lawyer Heo that Bang accepted money twice from mistress Mom, most recently in the past few days.  Later in the evening, mistress Mom has a nightmare that Chairman Ahn visited her and mocked her, and touched her with his cold, dead hand.  Mr. Lee was summoned by designer friend to check on mom as he couldn't get her to answer her phone.  Mr. Lee is shocked.

Seung Joo is just as outraged as lawyer, but NJ is still playing it down and acting like he is afraid of the conflict and wanting to move on.  Preview shows some problems with round 3 orders and NJ is scrambling to find a solution.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Haven't seen the subbed episode of #68, but I skipped to the end and JA is pregnant and mistress Mom has managed to kick her out of the apartment in the preview.  JA left a "Dear John" note for SW.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

SW consulted his lawyer, but lawyer Heo did everything properly and within the law.  SW tries to act tough, but he has no case and looks foolish and scared in front of Nam Jin and lawyer.  NJ knows that the motive was to gain Hyungang so he tells lawyer that his primary focus is to not let them have the company.  That seemed like one of the rare times that he was determined to fight and not let the shysters get away with stealing what is not theirs.  Lawyer said the one to be hurt will be SW for what his mother has done.

Team 1 is giddy after hearing the problems team 2 has encountered with the Chinese stealing their designs and manufacturing them.  Fortunately Mr. Lee knows all about those problems and has experience dealing with the authorities in China to get it sorted out.  Easily solved. ^_^

Mistress mom sends SW to Japan for a few days to attend a fashion convention, which gives her time to get rid of JA.  The note JA left for SW says she was pregnant and had an abortion and is leaving.

• Like 8

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 1:36 AM, jayakris said:

Not a whole lot happened in today's episode, but we have the brothers ready to go up against each other again.  Interesting dynamics going on.

I find the acting of MS' crook brother inn law quite funny.  He is good at his role.  The way he got scared about "getting rid of" JA was funny.  "I will do anything, except cause people harm".   Anything but physical harm, I guess... Haha.  Also, MS is finding some success with rearranging whatever little brain his wife has.  She bought a $10 bag??   She could have bought 1200 of those with that one mink coat!

MS seems to take great joy in pointing out his wife's stupidity.  Well, he is the greater fool who married her!  And in that scene where they saw NJ and JN at the hotel... stupid woman told stupider guy not to jump to conclusions.  A sad day when he doesn't realise he is the stupider one!

Somehow the scene where Dad and Daughter laughed behind Ms Stupid's back didn't sit right with me.  She is stupid but he chose to stay married to her.  It was quite unbecoming for them to gleefully laugh at her.

She is the secretary to the big boss.  It a very important role.  Yet stupid thought it was a low-entry job and just anyone can fill the post.  It will be his fault if she makes a terrible mistake that would cost them $$$ and reputation.  I am so waiting for that to happen.

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 2:16 AM, msmy said:

Well, for all of the skeptics out there who wondered if SW was really changing or putting on an act, you were right about not being able to change a leopard's spots!  The rivalry is heating up and Nam Jin is toughening up... Yay!!:lol:

Mr. Bang is trying very hard to find someone to confide in to divulge what he knows about mistress Mom... should be soon.

Yah, I got annoyed with Seung Joo too.  Yes, NJ is not the most attentive of boyfriends because he wants to save the world!  But he never pretended to be otherwise.  You don't start a relationship and then try to change the other person.  That's a relationshp breaker for sure. 

Seung Joo says NJ is a meddler.  But so is her.  She doesn't leave him to his own devices and run off to help others because very frankly, who does she have in her life other than NJ?  I don't even need to use up all the fingers of one hand! 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Mistress Mom is such a piece of work that she threatened JA with, "If you don't leave, I'll die!".  Then she pulled out a bottle of pills and asked, "What will you do?"  If JA had an ounce of brains she would have said, "Wow!  That's a lot of pills!  I'll get you a big glass of water!"  ^_^  But no, she folded like a cheap tent and agreed to leave SW a note and her cellphone behind, taking all of her clothes and leaving.  The big fight then erupted at home between SW and NJ going at each other with SW claiming NJ took everything from him... Hyungang, the house, and now JA, to which NJ responded, "No.  You took everything from me 30 years ago!".  End of episode.

• Like 11

I was traveling this week and just got caught up on the episodes.  Oh boy!  That witch SH is something else.  I was looking at the preview and wondering how she managed to get JA to go away.  It was some sight to see -- the way she made JA "fold like a cheap tent," as @msmy said.  I think she went so hard after the poor woman, who must have been doubly confused as it happened right after she found she was pregnant.  I felt sad for JA and could actually buy that she probably stopped thinking and just gave up!   That was extreme cruelty to her, by SH, though SH didn't know that she had just found out about the pregnancy.  Just wait till SU finds out what his mother has done.

Maybe JA has gone to China to work (like she worked before there), and Ajussi will find her and bring her back....

The story is getting interesting though.  It is going in directions that we didn't really think of.  Not much confusion with the main two leads, but everybody else's stories are becoming more interesting.

-----

Preview of E70: http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/mylife/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&amp;bbs_loc=T2018-0557-01-871110,read,,71,787926

Blurb: 시우(강태성)는 홀연히 자취를 감춘 진아(진예솔)를 찾으며 3차 경연에서의 압승을 위해 분발한다. 허청산(강신일) 변호사의 움직임을 쫓던 수희(김혜리)는 방철상(권혁호)에게 30년 전 병원에서 근무했던 사람을 찾아보라는데...

Translation: Just as he is searching for JA who suddenly left without a trace, SU works hard towards a 3rd contest victory.  SH is tracking the moves by Lawyer CS and asks BCS to try finding the people on duty at the hospital 30 years ago.

• Like 5

Thanks everyone for the updates.  It does look like SU has finally taken off his mask - back to his old ways. 

So, did JA tell SU in her letter she is pregnant?  I hope she did but how would she do it when the evil mom is watching?

• Like 2

I am really liking the writer of this drama. Normally at this point in a daily drama i would be very frustrated with the story and to some characters, but in this drama i feel like it's all balanced. Like the main lead Nam Jin he is not the typical overly nice to the point that he is already being pushed around and being too dumb. I like his character he knows what he wants and doesn't let people look down on him. For the villain i find her really annoying but not the super evil kind one. I really hate that she keeps using Si Woo to justify her actions but in reality she is just a selfish woman who wants power. 

Overall the story has a nice pace to it, the problems don't drag on too long, here and there cute funny scenes, and most of the characters are good.

7 minutes ago, viyra said:

Thanks everyone for the updates.  It does look like SU has finally taken off his mask - back to his old ways. 

So, did JA tell SU in her letter she is pregnant?  I hope she did but how would she do it when the evil mom is watching?

She did told SW that she is pregnant but she went for an abortion because she said it will be a "hindrance" to her career @viyra

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1