Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Priest, 프리스트

The relationship with this drama is so complicated.

Brave1.gif

Sat episode - hate 

Sun episode - like

When I'm ready to drop the drama, it gets interesting for me to continue for the time being as I hate to leave it just like that.  :sweatingbullets:

Ok.. So I'm on board again.

• LOL 3

@maplinh

*Clears Throat*

Let me and @mrsj3n introduce you to Less Than Evil. 

It’s currently airing on Monday-Tuesday, which is great to watch after Priest. I shall let @mrsj3n tell you how she feels about this show.

Anyways, to me all the characters are pretty somewhat likable but I don’t say that I have any specific feelings for all. It’s just all very neutral. All I know is that I just like the chemistry between the priests. 

It’s cute.  

Have not watched EP 6 yet but yup, will do that later.

Based on what @mrsj3n had said, I guess the team is giving us breather episodes. So is like some episodes will be less impactful so that it won’t be heavy.

• LOL 3

@sushilicious 

200w.gif

Anyway, that's how I feel after watching episode 6.

I thought i was ready to drop it,  but then the curiosity in me wanted to find out more after watching episode 6. ;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

@sushilicious 

Anyway, that's how I feel after watching episode 6.

I thought i was ready to drop it,  but then the curiosity in me wanted to find out more after watching episode 6. ;)

Playing Tug-Of-War with Priest, but the Priest is a cheater :lol:

Me: I will pull the rope to win!

Priest Pulls the rope to win me.

Me: Alright, I pull, I will not lose my interest in you!

Priest drops the rope and I fall to the ground.

Me: I hate you! I don’t want to play with you anymore.

Preparing to leave.

Priest: Okay Fine, I will play legit.

the cycle continues.

• LOL 3

Finished watching episode 6.

1) I literally scream when the female detective shoot herself (of course, because she was controlled by the demon). My heart goes out for the female detective, being killed right from her first encounter with such paranormal scene. :(  The character is short-lived, but seems like she will appear in Det. Goo's dream next episode.

2) So, the members of the team were gathered together due to their past having someone in their family possessed and Priest Moon performed exorcism on them (based on the video in the memory card, that person might be Det. Goo's wife). I think the rich lady and tech geek must have had similar experience too.

3) When I watched the episode without earphone, I was confused by the following 2 cuts. I was confused whether the demon actually a human before this and was trained by Priest Moon (like OSM), and turned to Satan and became an evil spirit. :blink:

Feeling confused and unsatisfied, I watched the scene again with earphone, and I think the  translation for the second cut is wrong, and the first cut is correct. 

Priest Moon let the demon out or go from somewhere in the past. Then, this is a good explanation to me, since in real life, human may accidentally let go of the demon locked in chest, bottles or anything that was used to contain and seal the demon by past exorcist. 

In my culture , it is strongly advisable NOT to open empty bottle with unusual bottle cap (usually tightly sealed cork or wrap in cloth) particularly at the beach side, as it might contain the demon sealed by exorcist and being thrown into the ocean. Usually, precaution should be taken so that the bottle does not float and being drift away by the waves. The exorcist must put weight onto the bottle to make sure it submerge properly to the ocean bottom. But, sometimes, due to the difference of ocean salinity (which influence water density), the bottle might not submerge properly, and being adrift by the waves to the beach. Therefore, we are strongly advised not to open such bottle, unless you can clearly see there is a note in the bottle, and you might want to peek into the note someone left (who knows, you might find your soulmate.. haha :lol:). 

But, yeah, curiosity does kills.  :rolleyes::P

R3Lk27U.jpg

1v8tkyz.jpg

4) I suspect that mother-of-pearl chest is where the demon came from or sealed before this. Or it could be just a tool to catch the demon that Priest Moon could think of. I prefer if the story progresses with the former, the latter will kill the suspense and excitement. :phew:

5) Next episode preview, I was right about Dr. Ham lose part of her memory, and it was 8 years ago. So as OSM. They both clicked when OSM poured the wine (she must have remembered the words, but she can't recall who was it --> OSM). I still stand they were involved romantically in the past. Next episode might uncover part of that past. Dr. Ham seems to be going through hypnosis in the preview. 

And Priest Moon's expression after Dr Ham said the words that someone said to her in the past... hmmm.. what was his deal with the two of them huh? I mean, how can he be so nonchalant when dealing with the two of them in front of him like he knew nothing at all about their past, like he never knew their relationship. :confused:

@mrsj3n  I saw some comments in different free sites that they are hooked with Priest because they are curious with the romance part of this drama. Hahahaha! :D  They are entice with the forbidden or taboo possible love arc which could give them some edginess :rolleyes:

@sushilicious  yeah, seems like intense tug-of-war is happening between you guys and Priest..hahahaha! I hope ya'all will not be too exhausted and drop out. At least stay to criticize some ridiculousness that I deliberately not to touch upon. :P

Edited by ellelyana88
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

22 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

@ellelyana88 hehehe..

For now, I only want to know what is Priest Moon hiding.

And why is everyone not coming clean about Dr Ham and OSM past.

same, I want to know what happened 8 years ago. 

Honest opinion, the male doctor and Priest Moon are very suspicious.

One, The male doctor somehow know Who OSM was eight years ago. How is he the only one that knew about this? Like if OSM Have entered the hospital before, some of the doctors should have met him, but I don’t see any coming up to him except for the male doctor. 

Two, Priest Moon. I am very suspicious about him. I’m not sure Is it the subtitles error or what, but as I was watching it I read two things.

1:The demon said “You were the one who Let me go.”

2:The demon said “You were the one who trained me.”

I feel that he has something to do with whatever is happening.

Wild guess:

8 years ago, OSM & Ham became a couple, they were about to get married when midway through The demon who was in OSM’s mother have found him once more. The demon proceeds to possess OSM, thus he became a energumen. Ham saw the scene, this cause a trauma that resulted in her forgetting what happened 8 years ago. (Probably something big has happened thus allowing the demon to take OSM)

Moon took charged to Exorcise OSM, But midway through it, (Missing) something happened and Moon was forced to set the demon free. As the demon leaves, OSM’s memories was wiped. Seeing that the two have met with such horrifying scene. Moon felt that it is better to just let them be, in fear that if (The thing that happened in paragraph one would be known) chaos could rain upon them.

Just me doing some while guessing :) 

• Like 1

@sushilicious

Chanting to myself:

tumblr_orx8ssNg5k1u9vcpoo1_500.gif

But...

YFd7.gif

Since you start the brain frying... :D

Frankly, how much can we trust the word of a demon?

I don't recall Dr Moon getting to exorcise OSM's mum at all.

And we were all deprived from quite a whole chunk of info from what happened after that fateful night and thrown right into present day.

Back to OSM, again... we were not shown of any of his growing up pains.

But the doctor in the hospital seems to know something about him.

Why?

And yet this devil / energumen seem not to be going anywhere and keep getting away despite "exorcism".

So why do they keep saying it is a success?

Now that is why I can't pull away despite some frustration. Lol

54 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

And yet this devil / energumen seem not to be going anywhere and keep getting away despite "exorcism".

Now that is why I can't pull away despite some frustration. Lol

Imagine An eagle spying on It's prey, so it flies around the prey and waits for the best time to strike. Then each time it tries, it fails. Ultimately it will succeed. We just have to wait.

Low key if OSM ever gets possessed...

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Crazy Sushilicious will emerge once more hahahaha

:naughty:

• LOL 1

3 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

@ellelyana88 hehehe..

For now, I only want to know what is Priest Moon hiding.

And why is everyone not coming clean about Dr Ham and OSM past.

Yeah, me too. What about their past that is so important to keep quiet about, or being erased in the first place?

2 hours ago, sushilicious said:

Two, Priest Moon. I am very suspicious about him. I’m not sure Is it the subtitles error or what, but as I was watching it I read two things.

1:The demon said “You were the one who Let me go.”

2:The demon said “You were the one who trained me.”

I feel that he has something to do with whatever is happening.

It is indeed translation error on the second one as I mentioned above. The second time i rewatch with earphone, i realized it was translation error.

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

I don't recall Dr Moon getting to exorcise OSM's mum at all.

And we were all deprived from quite a whole chunk of info from what happened after that fateful night and thrown right into present day.

No, he didn't get to exorcise OSM's mom 'cause his mom jump out the window as soon as Priest Moon arrived. 

There's possibility Priest Moon managed to seal the demon in between after OSM's mom incident and 8 years ago. Then, 8 years ago, something happened. 

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

But the doctor in the hospital seems to know something about him.

Why?

I think the psychologist may not know anything about OSM's past. He might have seen OSM in the past during university years with Dr Ham, as an ordinary student, as Dr. Ham's boyfriend (since he is her senior). Dr. Ham might have consulted with the psychologist, talk about the hole in her memory or something, perhaps mentioned to him that she came to the hospital to search for something missing in her memory. That's why the psychologist made a remark to OSM, did he came to the hospital because he doesn't remember as well (like Dr. Ham). 

I am thinking that the hospital probably where the main event of OSM's and Dr Ham's past occurred. 

There should be a reason for the demon to keep staying there and prey on the people in the hospital. *scratching my chin*

Well, we just have to wait they tell us about that in future episodes.. 

*telling my impatient self to wait.. wait.. wait..*:joy:

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

For the individual possessed person (termed energumen), yes, it is a success since they managed to drive the demon out from the person body. As long as the person does not show any sign of being possessed anymore, it is a success.  That's why both the priests always make the cross mark on the person's hand / wrist after they are done with the exorcism to seal any path of entry to prevent the demon from repossessed the same person.  For place exorcism and to seal or "chain" the demon from possessing other people, that would need another task.  

So, @mrsj3n, to answer your question and frustration -  they exorcised the possessed, but they didn't banish / vanquish the demon back to the underworld, nor even seal it in any container. That's why, the demon is still there. They need further plan to catch it as it is quite superior. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ellelyana88 said:

Yeah, me too. What about their past that is so important to keep quiet about, or being erased in the first place?

Somehow. I feel that other then these two, Both Priest Moon and The demon itself have something to do with it as well.(I also find that maybe, OSM’s mother’s death and possession is related as well.Cause everything that the drama had come up with always have a purpose and meaning for it.) 

TBH, I now feel that maybe all these while, The demon wants either OSM or Ham, or even both. It’s like TG. Because I believe that the demon would not randomly possess other people, the demon would possess someone to attracts OSM or Ham.I think the demon is playing with his ‘food’.

Oh...can we all spend a minute of silence for Detective Koo’s  junior and partner. You guys didn’t give any respect to her, let me help you guys.

giphy.gif

That’s why they say curiousity kills the cat.

PS Moon is really not as ‘pure’ as it seems.

• LOL 1

I will wait after I am done live stream episode 8, then I would give my comment on this week's episodes. Haha

They seems started to uncover what happened 8 years ago. 

As I expected, that mother-of-pearl box is indeed was used to seal the demon in the past. And somebody might have opened it out of curiosity or for the purpose of testing for something. My main suspect was Priest Moon. On second thought, OSM may be possible too. 

Another thing, I think the ghost corporal Jang is indeed her spirit asking Det. Goo to catch the demon, not Seo Jae Moon as he misunderstood as. Unfortunately the demon took advantage of Det. Goo's emotion instability, and thus use his daughter as a bait for him to "surrender". 

My biggest question for episode 7 is, who is this Sister Lee Hae Min that they are waiting for which they need to get rid of the demon before she come. Hmmmm.. :ph34r:

See you guys again after episode 8.

Edit:

Episode 8

Dang! That ghost Corporal Jang is indeed the demon and she actually want Det Goo to kill Priest Moon because the priest is the "main culprit" (which also caused his daughter's death).

Now watching the flashback of Shin MiYeon's encounter with Priest Moon.

Sorry to say...this part gave me TG vibes. Haha. Can’t help it. Just that instead of a knife they use a gun. 

Hm...is Priest Moon going to fine?

Edit:

Omg

Spoiler

@mrsj3n got to bring you up here. I choked on my drink. 

Well this is a first in my kdrama history in which it happened so fast. :huh: It’s so weird.. okay Priest Moon is back again..I think..

After episode 8:

Wait..waittt...waiiitttt...whaattt??? :crazy: 

So, Priest Moon died and will just appear in flashback only in latter half of the drama?

Did he really died??? (still in shocked and can't believe my eyes) :blink::blink:

Will there be plot twist that he will come back as the big bad guy whom the demon completely possessed???

(But, to have him being placed at the memorial, I guess they buried his real body huh? So, not possible for plot twist?)

I didn't even think that Priest Moon will manage to seal the demon in the mother-of-pearl box because this time the demon won't be easily tell its name, yet I didn't expect they drop a bomb to us and killed Priest Moon! :( Instead  of being sealed, the demon entered Priest Moon's body, and Priest Moon resist until he reach the beach and shoot himself as the last resort to kill the demon. However, I don't think he got to banish the demon. The demon will find other people to possessed until it got what it want. What does the demon want with Dr Ham huh? Is she the descendant of the leader who massacre people in past which they told in episode 7? :blink:

Now, the only person who can tell the backstory next week is Sister Lee Hae Min. Uh Oh.. my biggest question in episode 7 is quickly answered in this episode. I think Sister Lee Hae Min may be one of the founder of 634 Regia. She looks so graceful. :)

Next week we will get to "travel" to the past and watch OSM and Dr Ham's romance. LOL! :D

OSM was indeed a med student, and according to demon, he became an exorcist priest because of Dr Ham. Hmmmm...

But, still in question, what actually happened that made them loss their memories about each other completely.. hmmm..

I guess we have to wait next episode then. :rolleyes:

@sushilicious Lol.. I can only watch it on tomorrow night (don't think it's advisable for my heart though) else latest Tuesday to share my views here.

Hang in there! :lol:

• LOL 1

@ellelyana88

What a big bomb there haha. It kinda crushed my dreams...(Wishing that Priest Moon would Somehow exorcise OSM at the end) But Well Then...as for the romancy part..Hm...*biting lips* not my cup of tea..but I think I will still watch it, cause I want the answers..But ah...what happened to the detective anyways? I don’t see him at the last part of the episode though :no_mouth: 

Man, it was a shocker that he died. I was like what? A Supporting...Dead?! At episode 8 like what?! I kinda like Priest Moon’s Face...haha. :ph34r: Kinda sad. 

Even my psychopathic heart got sadden but it...such a pity. -ESJ speaking again (Not Me :ph34r:)

*To me scenes like the one bolted is like...dare I say it. A sexy thing to see. Like watching good guys turn against each other. *crunch up my face* ah! So sexy. But I guess the writer have something up their seleves and i might not get what I want....so imma just think of it in my head :) I’m so weird...and I like it!

4 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

Then...as for the romancy part..Hm...*biting lips* not my cup of tea..but I think I will still watch it.

I think they won't focus on the typical romance scene.. going smoochy..huggy.. too much lovey dovey scene all that.. naahh..

But, I think it will be quick and fast forward to what happened 8 years ago that caused Priest Moon decided to beg Sister Lee Hae Min to let the demon out. Hmmm... Don't worry... I think next episode you will get to see their bromance.. Priest Moon being all giddy, happy and supportive of OSM getting a girlfriend, to the point of getting married.  :D

8 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

But ah...what happened to the detective anyways? I don’t see him at the last part of the episode though :no_mouth: 

He is back to himself as the demon entered Priest Moon. He mourns in silent cry for Priest Moon death...perhaps blaming himself causing such turn of event :(

@ellelyana88 Ah thank you...Man...Detective must have felt so bad for it...but props to that actor who played that detective. The way he acted as the possessed oooohhhh with the tongue and all that....coooooollllll....love it. 

But ah...Moony died..I can’t...My heart...:unsure:

Calling me a bias. But I really want the demon to Target OSM than Dr Ham....Main Male Lead syndrome. But if it doesn’t Oh well :)