Quantcast
0ly40

[Current Drama 2018-2019] Priest, 프리스트 - Sat & Sun @ 22:20 KST

WHEW, my brain’s getting fried reading these theories. Where’s the Dramabeans recap when you need it

tumblr-phc59xk4g-F1umj8af-250.gif

This is so weird, but I feel like this show is going at a fast pace yet also dragging at the same time. I don’t even know. The demons here are more scarier and that opening scene with OSM and his mom omg 

tumblr-phwy9a0-Qsh1umj8af-250.png

I’m still not over OCN crushing my DongChul x SangMi OTP from Save Me so I lowkey wouldn’t mind a side romance (in flashbacks) if YWJ and JYM can create some sparks. (DID HE KISS HER BACK??)

tumblr-phc58x6-Uf91umj8af-400.gif

One last note, imagine if you go to the emergency room for a broken arm and end up getting possessed by demon. Spray the whole place with holy water juseyoooooo

Spoiler

tumblr-phwy9abpr-D1umj8af-250.gif

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Haha 4

:joy: I low key kind of had a funny thought.

The demon in this drama is like a bunny hiding in a bunny hole, it is too lazy to move out of the hole, so he decided to play with dirt in the hole.. 

The demon is too lazy to exit the hospital cause it needs to fly and flying takes a looong time so he says “Why not just stay at the hospital and have fun instead.” Could possess some good looking doctors and nurses. And play with some good looking Priest as well.

:joy:

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, sushilicious said:

:joy: I low key kind of had a funny thought.

The demon in this drama is like a bunny hiding in a bunny hole, it is too lazy to move out of the hole, so he decided to play with dirt in the hole.. 

The demon is too lazy to exit the hospital cause it needs to fly and flying takes a looong time so he says “Why not just stay at the hospital and have fun instead.” Could possess some good looking doctors and nurses. And play with some good looking Priest as well.

:joy:

Hahahahah... I find your thought does makes sense since the hospital is full of vulnerable patients and burnout staffs.

Easier to possess.. no need to sweat itself to go to the outer world.. hahahaha! :joy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

BTS from episode 4. It's so nice to see how much fun everyone has while filming. :lol: The kiss scene underwater seemed pretty hard to film. 

• Like 4

[Priest] Ep 4 spoilers, Yeon Woo Jin x Jung Yoo Mi x Park Yong Woo

priest.png

Spoiler

1. [+72,-2]
Someone should perform exorcism for Yeon Woo Jin so that he gets good dramas. It's such a waste. 

2. [+45,-3]
Performing exorcisms in dreams itself is interesting. But they can't confirm if the evil spirit escaped from Mi So's body. The priest's kiss scene may only be just a dream, but it's not right. No matter how much Yeon Woo Jin matches romance genres, this is exorcism.. ㅜ.ㅜ

3. [+33,-4]
I'm not Catholic, but watching that kiss scene made me feel unhappy and unpleasant. 

4. [+14,-0]
I don't get the process of exorcism, and it ended awkwardly. 

5. [+13,-0]
Who picks the scripts for Yeon Woo Jin?? If his agency picks them for him, he has to escape that place quickly, if he picks them himself, he should let someone else do it for him. Every drama he does after Introverted Boss didn't do well. Seeing that he appears in dramas consistently, he could've done a drama that's a hit, but why!!!! Why is he like that? (I'm saying so much because I think that it's a pity for him. He should look at the scriptwriter's previous works before picking the script.) 

6. [+20,-9]
It became a romance drama suddenly;;; As a believer, a priest with romance, that's unpleasant. Even if it's just a drama.. 

7. [+15,-5]
They are going for romance in the end??! I can't not compare the possessed people's makeup and acting for this one and 'The Guest'. This drama can't reach 'The Guest's' standard. 

8. [+10,-1]
The story is going nowhere. What a waste of the actors' acting.. 

thepriest.png

Article: Naver 'Priest' Yeon Woo Jin chases out the evil spirit inside of Park Jung Woo 

1. [+171,-13]
Comparing this with 'The Guest', the exorcisms are too weak. And a love line with the priest.. What's with this drama... I like Yeon Woo Jin, what a waste... 

2. [+89,-8]
Are you not going to cast Park Il Do right away? What are the people in charge of casting actors doing? Park Il Do is now resting, quickly get him as a part timer or something. Before he gets another job.. 

3. [+57,-5]
Story is slowly heading nowhere... 

4. [+52,-24]
It's fun though.. I find the 
sunbae priest interesting too.. Priests are humans too, they have pasts too.. This may be weaker than Park Il Do, but it's fun. I was so immersed yesterday that I was surprised when it ended so quickly. I like Yeon Woo Jin. 

5. [+25,-3]
Unable to reach Park Il Do's level. 

6. [+24,-3]
Is the scriptwriter insane? Did s/he forget that Yeon Woo Jin is a priest???? Even if they are alone, he should reject her. But he couldn't even refuse that kind of temptation and kissed her as an exorcist?? This scriptwriter shouldn't be at OCN, s/he should've gone to public TV channels instead... A love line in exorcisms. It's insane. Towards an exorcist... Isn't that crazy? 

7. [+19,-2]
It seems like they've failed to exorcist the evil spirit. And what's with the priest kissing? Seriously..... the story is slowly becoming weird. 

8. [+16,-0]
I'm not sure if they did perform exorcism successfully. Please show us a clear ending. 

9. [+13,-0]
Are they sure that they've chased it out? Is it confirmed? Why are they ending this ambiguously?

cr

p/s: knets gets so pressed with the romance scene; lmao i tend not to care even less... except the positive comment at no.4 (in the 2nd article) which i agreed kkkkkk :D
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hm. I guess no one is doing their recaps or I just might have missed it. 

Next Episode Preview, We could see that something is happening to Father Moon, and then we take a step closer to understand why all this are happening and it’s because of Ham. Interesting.

So for a start I kind of managed to get my thoughts correct about why Jeo Seon (If I spell his name correctly) got possessed, back in episode 4 and now that we are in episode 5 I kind of feel like the poltergeist things is getting a little bit too repetitive. Like for example, the fire extinguisher scene, to me Jeo Seon could have just grab something and knock out the doctor. Rather than using his powers, like OSM said “You have some much power to waste huh”(somewhere along the lines of what he said) 

But the carpark scene at the end, man it’s cool.

About the wheel chair scene...As much as it’s poltergeist, but because of the wheel chair I don’t feel afraid. Like I know being chased by a wheel chair is scary but...somehow to me instead of feeling afraid I feel like that scene is quite funny because of the wheel chair.

Me: Being chased by a wheelchair (Hahaha) 

For now, it’s okay. Feel really bad for Jeo Seon cause of how everyone treated him. :( 

• Like 3

Short comment on episode 5:

Emmm.. so the possessed man in this episode seems to have a past that may caused him not able to attend med school or being kicked out from med school or traumatic event causing him to loss confidence/professional recognition to be a doctor. The third one seems fit the story when he called Dr. Ham's "sister" as his mom and cried for her not to die. Perhaps he tried to save his mom in the past, and performed medical error or unsupervised medical procedure that cost his future as a doctor since his mother died. Yeah, well, just a guess since he seems to be quite capable to even diagnosed a myocardial infarction. 

And from the preview, I am starting to question whether the demon lingers in the hospital because of Dr. Ham? (for whatever reason there is). From episode 1 to current episode, all the possessed were somehow related to Dr. Ham - the child she treated, the intern and now the LPN who liked her. I am so curious what is the back story that link the demon, Dr. Ham and OSM, but it is still a long journey for the series to conclude. Now, they are just showing us the full scale chase of the demon, but very little on flashback of any of the character. :weary:

Looking forward for episode 6. :ph34r:

p/s: apparently the man, Seo Jae Moon is a licensed practical nurse (or nursing assistant), not a physiotherapist as I guessed. I am so confused with the scrub attire of the hospital staffs in this series. Haha! :lol:

• Like 3

I don't know what to make of this episode..  I know demons prey on people with low self esteem but this is just ridiculous.. Now telekenieses, Wow.  But being in the hospital the more souls he can posess the stronger he'll become.. So Min is in for a hard fight alone it seems that the demon wants his soul.. It's going to come down to a  choice him or the good doctor. This will become the fight for his life and afterwards will he continue being a priest in training or hook up with the Doc..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sushilicious said:

@mrsj3n have you finished episode 5?

Yes... it wasn't good thoughts after watching it hence I didn't comment to spoil it here for everyone. :lol:

But I do feel sad for Seo Jae Moon. Being bullied at work and him being possessed. 

What a poor chap. :(

@ellelyana88 that's the thing. Why now?

There isn't any clear backstory (Ok. I'm repeating myself again) and the poor child got possessed, got himself to the hospital where Dr Ham is working and all hell break loose after being repossessed?

Er.....

nNVAmsz.gif

• Like 2

@mrsj3n Well, I am already thinking about dropping this drama because there is no real suspense at all. Sure, there is this mystery about OMS's past and his connection to doctor Ham but that's not enough. Moreover, I dislike the fact that father Moon is hiding things from his colleague.

Besides, I can't help thinking that the writer made a mistake by never changing the place of the possessions: the hospital. Everyone who is possessed is either a patient or a staff member, which is a little repetitive. Moreover, I can not buy the whole story with the staff: how can a woman live so closely with two priests? This looks so ridiculous. Then they lie which is a sin. Sorry if my post is so negative. To me, the major flaw of this drama is the writing and that's the reason why the ratings are not so high compared to the previous drama.

I felt sorry for the guy in the episode 5... We can see that he has a trauma, he couldn't save his mother. 

• Like 4

@bebebisous33 You had the same thought as mine. Having it always happening in the hospital is too repetitive. Got to have some new location or it will lose the feel in my opinion. To me it's not as attracting as TG. I even realised that as i was watching EP4 today. I stop midway through and didn't bother watching for a week until today. Normally if Im really into something i will watch it right away and not like this.

Honestly it's just not catching up on me despite this being my favourite genres. I feel let down sometimes...

I think as of now, i would still continue, let see how long i will last :) 

PS. Somehow as i was watching this i have a tendency to look at my phone. Not a good sign.

• Like 4

For now, I am just watching for the sake of watching only and filling my day with one or two dramas.

I will watch until they give us something about the connection in the past which I am most curious about (this may means, I might stay until the end of the series if they insert the back story at the end of the series :rolleyes:). However, for the plot... naahh... nothing much to comment on or anything that's mind-boggling worth to debate about. 

I think the writer is too eager and focused on the "state-of-the-art" exorcism by riding the popularity of exorcism genre introduced by TG which already performed traditional exorcism, but forgot to include impactful plot for audience engagement. The problem may lies in the writer's way of arranging the story-telling which disengage the audience with the bullet-train story line. He pushes too much yet did not bother to pull back as much as he pushed to reconnect the audience.  :huh:

p/s: But, I still find it's funny OSM reciting exorcism incantations instead of prayer and messed up Priest Moon 's prayer. He's still distracted by the kiss :joy:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ellelyana88 said:

p/s: But, I still find it's funny OSM reciting exorcism incantations instead of prayer and messed up Priest Moon 's prayer. He's still distracted by the kiss :joy:

Boys being Boys hahaha. 

Getting kissed by a pretty lady of cause he would be thinking about it hahaha. Probably it's OSM's first too.

@bebebisous33 Yes. My sentiments exactly!

I'm about to drop it too. :confused:

Perhaps will watch episode 6 and see if more will be explained else I'm done with this.

Besides, the characters are not appealing to me as well. 

I am not shipping anyone at all.

That kiss? That scene? Nope. I find it weird.

Why?

In the midst of exorcism, we were brought to another scene.

Frankly, I don't understand why do they think the exorcism was a success.

We saw the doctor (erm, can't remember the character's name) having bugs all over her and she's struggling and suddenly there's a change of scene.... 

And they said it was a success.

I was like

tenor.gif?itemid=4331496

So having bugs coming out from everywhere means the exorcism is a success?

So.. did Dr Ham stomp on a bug during her time in the hospital and caused the devil bug to remain in the hospital?

tenor.gif?itemid=4917610

Phew!

Finally let it out of my chest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

That kiss? That scene? Nope. I find it weird.

Why?

In the midst of exorcism, we were brought to another scene.

Frankly, I don't understand why do they think the exorcism was a success.

We saw the doctor (erm, can't remember the character's name) having bugs all over her and she's struggling and suddenly there's a change of scene.... 

And they said it was a success.

RIGHT?! GOSH! I’M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO FINDS THAT KISS SCENE REALLY WEIRD ESPECIALLY FOR GENRES LIKE THIS! 

*Takes a breather* 

Okay. I’m calm now. I honestly find the concept of entering the subconsciousness to fight with the demon...a little fictional. I don’t believe that there is such a possibility that would happen. First initial thoughts about this concept 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

And as what @mrsj3n said, like so the exorcism is a success like The fish? 

Kiss Scene underwater like 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Low Key think that the writer bite off too much he/she could chew.

Medical + Exorcism + Romance(?) 

From the beginning I was wondering to myself, Medical and Exorcism they are stand alone genres, meaning they could be independent by themselves. But the team, decided to combine both which becomes wider. Wider and harder to write. But based off what we see, they wanted to add in romance too. They are really biting too much. 

I will give EP 6 a try. If it doesn’t turns out, I will probably just stick to their trailers. Honestly the more I think about the problems, the more I lose my interests *sigh*

Great, Father Moon isn’t technically clean either. A corrupted exorcism priest? That’s a first.

Okay, now in EP 7 We focus the story on the cop and his family and somehow Priest Moon is involved?

• Haha 2

while ppl fussing to drop the drama, im here still stand to support the cast.   :smirk:

---

clips

Spoiler

• Like 5

Just finished ep 5 and so far... I like the show. It hasn’t sucked me in completely where I’m super anxious about the next ep, but it still excites me enough to come back every weekend. I’m kinda annoyed that they haven’t delve into OSM and Dr. Ham’s past bc that’s probably the most interesting part for me right now. Like all the kdramas, there are some cringey/awkward parts and I’m totally fine with that. I want them to expand outside of the hospital bc, as others have said it, it gets repetitive and boring (and eye rolling). I like OSM’s character tho, if he wasn’t a priest, he might be a very chill but fun person to be around. Dr. Ham is somewhat pretty typical kdrama-y, and I like JYM, but I’m still pretty neutral on her character. I don’t know how I feel about the other characters, they just haven’t stood out that much to me but the show wouldn’t be without them. I guess overall, I’d say it’s enjoyable. It’s the only drama I’m currently watching right now and I’m not get be all critical about it. Flawed yes, but it’s really whatever, I’m just gonna watch and be chill about it.

WMDEVVT.png

• Like 3