Quantcast
Lmangla

Picture cards

Thanks to @Lmangla for coming up with the event, @supergal99 for the fun picture cards, and everyone for playing! It was fun hanging out here.

As for the suggested movies, all good choices! I especially loved both Avengers Social Club and Prison Playbook. However, I have to say I have a soft spot for School 2013. No romance in it, but in terms of themes of loyalty and trust, it managed to show so many different kinds of friendships, both building and rebuilding loyalty and trust all during a single high school year.

There was Go Nam Soon and Park Heung Soo who had been besties at one point in time, but jealousy enabled one of them to hurt the other one with devastating consequences. Through true repentance and persistence, they were able to find their way back to the friendship that both of them had missed and longed for. There was Song Ha Kyeong and Lee Kang Joo who are friends despite their differences in family backgrounds, ambitions, and academic achievement. Their friendship of proximity is tested by actions due to overassertive parents, that help both of them determine their personal beliefs and moral compasses. There is the careless friendship of Kye Nari and Shin Hye Sun marred by the usual envies and jealousies, but ultimately shown to be a true friendship. Then there is the really touching loyalty amongst the hoodlum trio of Oh Jung Ho, Lee Yi Kyung, and Lee Ji Hoon. Though initially they seem to just be three troublemakers whose purpose is to harass their classmates, one comes to see how they became as they were, but also see how they start maturing and how that strains their bonds of loyalty to each other. And, that's not to mention the teachers played by Choi Daniel and Jang Na Ra, one is a burnt out ex-tutoring star and one is a bit of a bleeding heart who knows that she can't help/save all of her students, and yet puts herself out there time and again.

This drama doesn't provide completely happy endings or neat resolutions for everyone, since it's more slice of life, so has more bittersweet touches, but it's satisfying in its completion and makes one wonder about the futures of all the characters. The camerawork is mostly up close and personal, and the direction is deft. As the first in the series of School reboots, I thought it was the most successful. School 2015 and School 2017 had a lot of flaws for me. The other thing about School 2013 is that, like all of the previous School dramas, it's full of unknown actors who gains recognition through this vehicle and becomes rising stars. Lee Jong Seok, Park Se Young, Choi Daniel, and Jang Na Ra were the most recognizable names when this drama launched, but Lee Jong Seok hadn't had the lead in a drama before this. I think his most recognizable role at that point was his memorable supporting role as a subversive genius composer of underground music who has a crush on Oskar in Secret Garden.  But, if you look up the cast for School 2013, it's full of actors and actresses who has since become leads and strong supports in their own right.

Anyway, I just realized that this review on School 2013 got a little long. Sorry. It may be time for me to rewatch this drama. :)

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 3

I didn't know who the 4th and 5th actress are so I couldn't guess :bawling: But other than that I had so much fun! Thank you all for participating, it was fun just reading your comments :blush: Special thanks to @Lmangla @supergal99 and @stroppyse for organizing the event!! I especially find those poems smart and great to read so kudos to @stroppyse again for having such a great skill in writing poems :P

• Like 5

Like @kokodus, I could only guess #1 and have failed to recognize #2-#5! I am better with younger actors/actresses and really bad with older ones! Am I being biased here? LOL 

But I had fun playing and I hope we can have more of these! Maybe we should do a kissing picture card where we have to guess the couple kissing? LOL

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

update!

chingus, along with the laughs, everyone got reputation points. those who got all five cards right got a few more points! :D

participants: @mouse007 @Cecentre @kokodus @fans123 @sophierai21
got it right: @Sejabin @dotonly @staygold @triplem @USAFarmgirl

and also some for @supergal99 who designed our lovely cards.

hope all had fun! till the next event... and if you have ideas, please let me know!

cc: @ebullient

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

@Lmangla  It was fun and I look forward to all your events in the future. Shower scenes, Kissing, Back hugs, and of course my favorite Piggyback rides any and all will do LOL!!!  Thanks for all your hard work, time and effort it's the fellowship that is created and in meeting new people and laughing together that makes us all winners...:heart:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRa6rKhDzNJBqESbYIQ2_9  Thanks Chingus it's been fun:blush:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

thanks!! 

btw let us play things like 'in which ep the female lead back hugging the male lead'??? 

or in which ep 'the male lead prepares breakfast for female lead?" or something fun like that.. like in which ep the baby pee on the male lead's lap? WKWKWKKWKWKWKWKWKWWK :joy: make the participants watch that drama huaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA like in which ep the female lead wears the butterfly hair pin? WKWKWKWKKWWKWKWKWK it will be fun lols. in which ep supergal99 wear blue skirt? wkkwwkwwkw

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

35 minutes ago, supergal99 said:
  Hide contents

Omo.. u pinched my silky smooth legs n uri @dotonly gave u a 'trophy' for pinching my *cough* silky smooth legs :sweatingbullets:Hahaa... :lol:

I'll let you pinch my legs, (give to supergal99, dotonly's virtual legs).

25 minutes ago, dotonly said:

I'll let you pinch my legs, (give to supergal99, dotonly's virtual legs).

you are AMAZING!! :love: and your silky smooth legs ^_* (give it to her!! ~~> supergal99) @dotonly I am your fan :heart:

@supergal99 heiiii she gives you that. dotonly is amazing right. WKWKKWWKWKWK.. lols *dying laughing in here.. btw I just know that you like hairy legs lols

Edited by Sejabin
  • LOL 2

Hold on I'll be there in a sec....  @Sejabin  @supergal99 and @dotonly  are plucking hairs, pinching, and touching legs I can't come right now... 

You never know what these 3 might post. :w00t:    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS19URZjXeIVhosaI5fhBw

• LOL 3

sejabin: *give back dotonly's legs to @supergal99 "she is letting you pinch her silky smooth legs :wub: xuxuxuxuxuxu :relaxed: "

supergal99: :no_mouth: seeing dotonly's virtual legs.. in heart can not decide..does not know what to do.. pinch or not.. pinch or not.. :kiss:

sejabin: *comforting supergal99 to pinch that legs mode on.. "just pinch it baby.." :relieved:

dotonly: seeing supergal99 and sejabin :no_mouth:

• LOL 2