Quantcast
Lmangla

Picture cards

35 minutes ago, kokodus said:

If @Lmangla had chosen more younger actors, I would've had a better shot. I already have so many oppas in my heart there is no room for ajusshis. LOL. 

don't worry, your heart will expand to include ajusshis as you get older! hahahah.....

so chingus, what dramas and OSTs/kpop songs would you recommend on themes of loyalty and trust? (this is for the birthday thread)

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

25 minutes ago, dotonly said:

Well, i think pineapple head cant be categorized as an oppa to kokodus, he still green. Kkk...

No you don't seem to know the rule. If he is handsome then he is your Oppa!!!! LOLOL. 

@fans123 Same!!!! Are you me??? LOLOL. I don't usually watch a drama if it doesn't have at least one actor I'm familiar with. Well there are exceptions, when the drama is crazy popular or when the story intrigues me. Lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

@kokodus understand, you still young. But for me (an ajumma), wont call a young man as oppa. Might as well they'd ptooey ptooey and run when they hear me say that. Dongsaeng is a dongsaeng. No more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

so chingus, what dramas and OSTs/kpop songs would you recommend on themes of loyalty and trust? (this is for the birthday thread)

I might have misunderstood the question but from top of my mind My Ahjusshi, Weightlifting Fairy KBJ, Dear My Friends, Gentleman's dignity, Reply series, Age of youth, Goblin, Avengers' club, DOTS had strong elements of loyalty and  immeasurable trust between friends/lovers. I wished I had a gang like my ahjusshi, WLFKBJ etc! 

Also there would be many Sageuks on these themes but I cant recall any right now except Six Flying Dragons! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, staygold said:

Also there would be many Sageuks on these themes but I cant recall any right now except Six Flying Dragons! 

what was fun about six flying dragons? like if you had to give a mini review? or gentleman's dignity or avenger's club? (trying to pick something that is not that famous and immediate)..

• Like 6

@Lmangla Being a Sept baby myself, I would recommend

1. School 2013

Spoiler

- it was a really nice coming of age story & rebuilding of friendship between the male leads played by Lee Jong Suk & Kim Wo Bin. And it’s as if reel life translates into real life , the two actors are still very close & hang out often , even going on a vacation recently . As you may know KWB had nose cancer recently. 

2 . Prison Playbook 

Spoiler

in my books this is the TOP drama of 2018 and should be on every one’s watch list . Beautiful friendship, love & support between the two male leads played by Jo Kyung Ho & Park Hae Soo. With a large ensemble cast , many moments where loyalty, trust & friendship were on display in a most unusual setting - Prison! 

https://thefangirlverdict.com/2018/05/27/review-prison-playbook-wise-prison-life/amp/

Edited by triplem
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Six Flying Dragons is 50 episodes long :sweatingbullets: - Building of a nation, clearing old ways. Lot of betrayals too! I cannot mini review this! It will turn into essay! :lol:

Avengers' club

Spoiler

Avengers' club - It is unusual for women to form strong bonds when the friendship is new. This story brought 3 women from different backgrounds together. This friendship let them overcome abusive/indifferent husbands, financial problems, meaningless lives. They discover new relations apart from the central one. This drama is more special because I have rarely seen a well executed, non-cliched story involving middle aged women without making them pitiful!

tumblr_p10tatTx5m1wkanylo5_r1_500.gif

cr: https://kdramalifee.tumblr.com/post/168654236354

When ahjummas do something together, it can be scary. - Hong Sang Man

A Gentleman's dignity

Spoiler

4 men going through a major phase - their 40s. They are not really young anymore neither are they old enough. A younger man claiming to be the son of one these men shows up and their world turns 360 degrees! Through all their goof ups and successes their friendship remains constant and strong.

This is a Kim Eun Sook drama, so fair warning about 'cringe cute'! You will find sparks of good writing in between. 

bdf5d5a7ce9e765ce50cae8c5231bd1a.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Spoiler

Lee Mi sook 

- superb as the antagonist in Money Flower - but she can really play any role 

tumblr_p2k0xhm9yQ1sh8uxlo2_r1_640.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

The answer for pic cards #5:

Spoiler

Lee Mi Sook

Thank you again for this events Lmangla, stroppyse and supergal99. Another excited and fun moments.

And thank you to all participants too. Another discoveries.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Day 5 answer:

Spoiler

Lee Mi Sook

Capable of this:

J6+z.png

as well as this..

Lee-Mi-Sook.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, dotonly said:

The answer for pic cards #5:

Thank you again for this events Lmangla, stroppyse and supergal99. Another excited and fun moments.

And thank you to all participants too. Another discoveries.

:grimace:Ops... i juz saw your post. Thanks too! Glad to have this chance (no more no more next time hahaaaa) to serve the Soompi community (*cough choke cough* ya excuse me ... i need to grab my hello kitty pail and... and ...:unsure:) hahahaa.. ok ok  chill...i take this chance to salute @Lmangla  @stroppyse and those members volunteering for Soompi *Respect*:glasses:

PPaqi2k.jpg

Ok seriously back to #5 villainess - omggg.. i juz recalled i did my "fashion duty" for her (last year) ops:lol:

Spoiler

Yessss she is such a fahionista there hahaaa:glasses:

16 hours ago, triplem said:

@Lmangla Being a Sept baby myself, I would recommend

EDIT:  TRIPLEM

:blush: oh happy birthday -- erhm... wait ..or should i wish u at the birthday thread? Hahaaaa...:glasses: (ops pardon me Lmangla -- Sept gonna be over soon hahaha:sweatingbullets:)

**happy weekend!!**

Edited by supergal99
Tag name: yo Triplem - any leftover birthday cake pls throw some over the causeway bridge :)
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

kekekek... it is @triplem who is september baby @supergal99 and thank you for taking the time to make cards. thanks to @stroppyse our clue master who dug through the backgrounds to whip up those amazing poems. we all certainly had fun and great laughs with this event! :lol::wub:

still waiting for everyone to submit their choices for card #5 but thanks to everyone for playing along and making it a blast. :D ...

@sophierai21

@dotonly @kokodus @fans123 @mouse007 @Cecentre @staygold @triplem @USAFarmgirl @Sejabin

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

Answer 5

Spoiler

Lee Mi Sook

Lee+Mi-sook.jpg

Loved her in LOVE RAIN first she was amazing... I won't ever forget her yellow umbrella....

Even later in Temperature of Love and Wok Of Love she moved my heart...

• Like 8

wkwkwkwkwk we all know my language is limited. btw is that triplem the baby or is it supergal99 is the baby? WKWKWKKWWKWKKWKWWKWKWKWKWKWKWKWKWKWKWKWK oh baby oh baby :joy:

btw pict #5 yoona's mother in that drama with jang geun suk

:( 

Spoiler

lee mi sok

she said once she was prettier than yoona when she was young. that's a nonsense. my mom is prettier than her. yoona is prettier than her. I don't like her too much

Edited by Sejabin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Thanks to @Lmangla and everyone else who made this a fun experience and leaving everyone on a high note and something to keep dreaming about!!!  See you all around....

hqdefault.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5eYjsdA7c7gDuKLSd5fgcda837e5-7e83-4daa-999d-0c087b593be7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

rTbI8gW.gif

Why are we saying goodbye already? 

Whuaaaaaaa :bawling:

Thank you so much @Lmangla @triplem @stroppyse @supergal99

@Cecentre @USAFarmgirl @dotonly @kokodus @staygold @Sejabin @mouse007

For the wonderful time here((hugs)) :heart::kiss_wink:

Why do we not get to guess yummy actors? 

Jy1i909.gif

Andwae)))))) :persevere:Ohhhh how am I gonna prove myself not having some kinda fetish? Whuaa :bawling:

Pssst...don't bother, I'm just Kidding :P

I already completed my answers.. back page.. back page.. :lol::P

Edited by fans123
Add text
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Sejabin said:

wkwkwkwkwk we all know my language is limited. btw is that triplem the baby or is it supergal99 is the baby? WKWKWKKWWKWKKWKWWKWKWKWKWKWKWKWKWKWKWKWK oh baby oh baby :joy:

Ooi woman! :blink:

o...kay....*whisper* i almost almost thought so too... hahaa... :w00t:

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

8R0HngV.jpg

44 minutes ago, fans123 said:

Why are we saying goodbye already

Whuaaaaaaa :bawling:

Erhmm..So that we can quickly start the next picture cards season 2:

1. Guess who is showering?

2. Guess which OTP is kissing

Etc.... hahahaaa...:lol:

While waiting u might want to vote for the Best Abs -> see above compilation by @USAFarmgirl:tounge_wink:

50 minutes ago, fans123 said:

Andwae)))))) :persevere:Ohhhh how am I gonna prove myself not having some kinda fetish? Whuaa :bawling:

Kwenchana... kwenchana..heee:glasses:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

Thanks to @Lmangla for coming up with the event, @supergal99 for the fun picture cards, and everyone for playing! It was fun hanging out here.

As for the suggested movies, all good choices! I especially loved both Avengers Social Club and Prison Playbook. However, I have to say I have a soft spot for School 2013. No romance in it, but in terms of themes of loyalty and trust, it managed to show so many different kinds of friendships, both building and rebuilding loyalty and trust all during a single high school year.

There was Go Nam Soon and Park Heung Soo who had been besties at one point in time, but jealousy enabled one of them to hurt the other one with devastating consequences. Through true repentance and persistence, they were able to find their way back to the friendship that both of them had missed and longed for. There was Song Ha Kyeong and Lee Kang Joo who are friends despite their differences in family backgrounds, ambitions, and academic achievement. Their friendship of proximity is tested by actions due to overassertive parents, that help both of them determine their personal beliefs and moral compasses. There is the careless friendship of Kye Nari and Shin Hye Sun marred by the usual envies and jealousies, but ultimately shown to be a true friendship. Then there is the really touching loyalty amongst the hoodlum trio of Oh Jung Ho, Lee Yi Kyung, and Lee Ji Hoon. Though initially they seem to just be three troublemakers whose purpose is to harass their classmates, one comes to see how they became as they were, but also see how they start maturing and how that strains their bonds of loyalty to each other. And, that's not to mention the teachers played by Choi Daniel and Jang Na Ra, one is a burnt out ex-tutoring star and one is a bit of a bleeding heart who knows that she can't help/save all of her students, and yet puts herself out there time and again.

This drama doesn't provide completely happy endings or neat resolutions for everyone, since it's more slice of life, so has more bittersweet touches, but it's satisfying in its completion and makes one wonder about the futures of all the characters. The camerawork is mostly up close and personal, and the direction is deft. As the first in the series of School reboots, I thought it was the most successful. School 2015 and School 2017 had a lot of flaws for me. The other thing about School 2013 is that, like all of the previous School dramas, it's full of unknown actors who gains recognition through this vehicle and becomes rising stars. Lee Jong Seok, Park Se Young, Choi Daniel, and Jang Na Ra were the most recognizable names when this drama launched, but Lee Jong Seok hadn't had the lead in a drama before this. I think his most recognizable role at that point was his memorable supporting role as a subversive genius composer of underground music who has a crush on Oskar in Secret Garden.  But, if you look up the cast for School 2013, it's full of actors and actresses who has since become leads and strong supports in their own right.

Anyway, I just realized that this review on School 2013 got a little long. Sorry. It may be time for me to rewatch this drama. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

I didn't know who the 4th and 5th actress are so I couldn't guess :bawling: But other than that I had so much fun! Thank you all for participating, it was fun just reading your comments :blush: Special thanks to @Lmangla @supergal99 and @stroppyse for organizing the event!! I especially find those poems smart and great to read so kudos to @stroppyse again for having such a great skill in writing poems :P

• Like 5
  • Haha 1