Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Current Drama 2018-2019] Bok-Soo's Back / My Strange Hero, 복수가 돌아왔다 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST

SBS Presents

Bok-Soo's Back / My Strange Hero

복수가 돌아왔다

DtFbuBxV4AAk5qX.jpg

DtdaJqCVsAARb3M.jpg

DqFadC5V4AA_mKs.jpg

Director

Ham Jun Ho ("Wok of Love" co-director)

Writer

Kim Yoon Yong (Rookie Writer)

Episodes: 32 (35 minutes/episode)

Broadcast Period

2018-Dec-10 to 2019-Feb-04

Mondays and Tuesdays 22:00 (35 minutes each / 2 episodes per day)

About the Show

When Kang Bok-Soo (Yoo Seung-Ho) was a high school student, he was falsely accused of committing violence and kicked out of school. This was caused by his first love Son Soo-Jung (Jo Bo-Ah) and a male student Oh Se-Ho.

Kang Bok-Soo is now an adult, but his life has not gone smoothly. To get revenge on Son Soo-Jung and Oh Se-Ho, he returns to the same high school as a student. The environment at the school has changed and Kang Bok-Soo gets involved in unexpected cases.

Production Information

Took over the Mon-Tue Slot previously occupied by "Hymn of Death" on December 10th, 2018.

First script reading took place October 8, 2018 at SBS Ilsan Production Studios in Goyang, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea.

Cast

Yoo Seung Ho as Kang Bok Soo
Kang Bok Soo is a student who is expelled from school after being falsely accused of being a bully. He returns to school as an adult to seek revenge, but he is unexpectedly swept up in a series of new incidents.
DtdbELtVYAATyfS.jpg

Jo Bo Ah as Son Soo Jung
Son Soo Jung is the lovely and smart class president. She was Bok Soo’s first love, but she betrays him. She then returns to school as a teacher.
ssj.png

Kwak Dong Yeon as Oh Se Ho
Oh Se Ho is an always-smiling new chairman of the board at the high school, who has had a hard life. 
osh.png

Your Request's People

Kim Dong Yong as Lee Kyung Hyun (Bok-soo's childhood friend)
lbh.png

Park Ah In as Yang Min Ji (Bok-Soo’s adorable stalker and friend)
ymj.png

Bok-soo's Family
Kim Mi-kyung as Lee Jung-sun (Bok-soo's mother)
Kim Jae-hwa as Kang So-jung (Bok-soo's older sister)
Choi Won-hong as Kang In-ho (Bok-soo's nephew, So-jung's son)

People around Soo-jung
Kim Young-ok as Lee Sun-hye (Soo-jung's grandmother)

People around Se-ho
Kim Yeo-jin as Se-ho's mother

Seolsong School Students
Yeon Joon-seok as Oh Young-min
Lee Kang-min as Yoon Seung-woo
Yoo Seon-ho as Yoo Shi-on
Oh Hee-joon as Kim Jae-yoon
Jang Dong-joo as Lee Chae-min
Kim Da-ye as Gye So-ra
Hong Seung-beom as Choi Do-hyun

Seolsong School Teachers
Chun Ho-jin as Teacher Park
Jo Hyun-sik as Ma Young-joon (English Language Teacher)
Um Hyo-sup as Kim Kwi-chang (Principal)
Kim Kwang-hyu as Song Yoo-taek (Vice Principal)
Kim Do-yeon as Hong Jung-hye (Korean Language Teacher)
Park Kyung-hye as Jang Ji-hyun (Ethics Teacher)
Jang Won-young as Kim Guk-hyun (Student's manager)
Jung Hee as Dong Hee (P.E. Teacher)
Chae Song-ah as Park Min-hee (Teacher)

Parents of Seolsong School's Students
 ?? as Chae-min's mother
Kim Young-seon as Young-min's mother

Others
Shin Dam-soo as Kim Myung-ho
Kwon Hyuk

Source: Asianwiki | Dramawiki | Koreandrama  | Wikipedia Kor | SBS official website | Wikipedia Eng

Teasers / Previews

Spoiler

Highlight Video

Making / Behind the Scenes

Spoiler

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 13

yoo-seung-ho3.jpg?s=900x600&e=t

• Drama: Bok-Soo's Back (working & literal title)
  • Revised romanization: Boksooga Dolawadda
  • Hangul: 복수가 돌아왔다
  • Director: Ham Joon-Ho
  • Writer: Kim Yoon-Young
  • Network: SBS
  • Episodes:
  • Release Date: December, 2018 --
  • Runtime: Monday & Tuesday 22:00 (35 minutes each / 2 episodes per day)
  • Language: Korean

Notes

1. "Bok-Soo's Back" takes over the SBS Monday & Tuesday 22:00 time slot previously occupied by "Fox Bride Star."

Cast

Credits: asianwiki 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

SEP 3 2018

Yoo Seung-Ho cast in SBS drama series “Bok-Soo’s Back”

DmK4iJjVAAAl5Ti.jpg

Yoo Seung-Ho is cast in upcoming SBS drama series “Bok-Soo’s Back” (working and literal title). In the drama series, Yoo Seung-Ho will play title character Kang Bok-Soo. When he was younger, Kang Bok-Soo was kicked out of high school because of a girl he liked Son Soo-Jung and a boy Oh Se-Ho. As he an adult, he returns to the high school as a student to get revenge, but he gets involved in other cases.

“Bok-Soo’s Back” first airs December, 2018 taking over SBS’ Monday and Tuesday 10PM time slot after “Fox Bride Star.”

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/yoo-seung-ho-cast-in-sbs-drama-series-bok-soos-back

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

e4825c11768d4b649a7946cf85100e60.jpeg?s=

Yoo Seung Ho Confirmed As Lead Of New SBS Drama

Sep 3, 2018
by esspee

Yoo Seung Ho is starring in a new TV drama!

On September 3, SBS announced, “Yoo Seung Ho will portray the main character in SBS’s new Monday-Tuesday drama ‘Revenge is Back’ (working title) which will air as the follow-up drama to ‘Star of the Foxes.'”

“Revenge is Back” is a fun, school romance. It will tell the story of a boy named Kang Bok Soo who gets expelled after being wrongly accused of being a school violence perpetrator. He returns to the school as an adult to seek revenge, but gets unexpectedly swept up in another incident.

Yoo Seung Ho will appear as Kang Bok Soo, who gets expelled, does work for other people, tries to seek revenge, and also has a clumsy side to him. His character reenters Seol Song High School in order to get revenge on his first love Son Soo Jung, who made him get expelled. However, he’s unable to find his footing in the changed atmosphere of the school and will show a goofy side to him.

The SBS drama department said, “Yoo Seung Ho’s kind nature, friendly appearance, and optimistic personality are similar to those of main character Kang Bok Soo. Kang Bok Soo reenters Seol Song High School in order to become a small hero, but the school is no longer a place for love and romance. What will he look like as an old, silly returning student? Yoo Seung Ho will be able to show the charms of a failed, small hero.”

“Revenge is Back” will be written by rookie writer Kim Yoon Young and directed by Ham Joon Ho who previously co-directed “Wok of Love.” The drama is scheduled to air in December.

Are you excited to see Yoo Seung Ho in a new drama?

Source (1)

Credits: soompi

So another fluff drama for him .  ^_^ Since it is a high school drama, the lead actress should be young enough to look like a high school student. He will probably get paired with someone around his age. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH!! Yoo Seung Ho is Back with a revenge-romance-highschool drama!! AWESOME!! the character's description looks perfect for him and I can't wait to see him being this goofy adult-small Hero!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

@Berou oh yeah I'm thinking about the same thing!! he's to play a sweet-revengful romance with a younger actress and I'm trying to guess who it can be!! this would be supper fun and sweet!! :wub: 

• Like 8

On 9/3/2018 at 11:03 PM, sakura2016 said:

OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH!! Yoo Seung Ho is Back with a revenge-romance-highschool drama!! AWESOME!! the character's description looks perfect for him and I can't wait to see him being this goofy adult-small Hero!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

@Berou oh yeah I'm thinking about the same thing!! he's to play a sweet-revengful romance with a younger actress and I'm trying to guess who it can be!! this would be supper fun and sweet!! :wub: 

My partner is back ! :w00t:

Long time no see ! 

That's the first thing that crossed my mind :rolleyes:. To be honest he looks a bit old ( I mean in age) to play a high school student, he is 25 y.o. So the female lead shouldn't be someone over 26/25.  We should start make our list and guess who it will be !!

YSH is continuing to be true to his principles and making unpredictable choices. I'm suuuree most expected him to go back doing a dark melo or play a villain ;). But he is doing what he likes and what he wants. And a light romance-comedy- revenge drama looks good. Even though it is a light drama, there is still some substance and plot , unlike his past drama I am not a Robot :unsure:. The synopsis looks promising and the drama has potential since it is stated he will get expelled wrongly. So I expect the drama to take a critical approach about highschool system, the corruption/ shady dealings within it. 

The only negative point is the writer, she/he is a rookie. I am not very at ease about it. His last two dramas had rookies writers too and we all know what happened. If the drama turns out  to be decent, I will be happy. I don't ask much. I don't care about some plotholes here and there. The nightmare will be a trainwreck show. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Berou said:

My partner is back ! :w00t:

Long time no see ! 

That's the first thing that crossed my mind :rolleyes:, highschool drama = young actress partner. To be honest he looks a bit old ( I mean in age) to play a high school student, he is 25 y.o. So the female lead shouldn't be someone over 26/25.  We should start make our list and guess who it will be !!

YSH is continuing to be true to his principles and making unpredictable choices. I'm suuuree most expected him to go back doing a dark melo or play a villain ;). But he is doing what he likes and what he wants. And a light romance-comedy- revenge drama looks good. Even though it is a light drama, there is still some substance and plot , unlike his past drama I am not a Robot :unsure:. The synopsis looks promising and the drama has potential since it is stated he will get expelled wrongly. So I expect the drama to take a critical approach about highschool system, the corruption/ shady dealings within it. 

The only negative point is the writer, she/he is a rookie. I am not very at ease about it. His last two dramas had rookies writers too and we all know what happened. If the drama turn out decent, I will be happy. I don't ask much. I don't care about some plotholes here and there. The nightmare will be a trainwreck show. 

Hi partner!! :D well Yoo Seung Ho is back so I had to be back right?!! ;) 

well as we got to know the highschool part isn't the focus of the drama but his adulthood part so he'll be fine!! ;) now as for the female lead!! hmmm this is what came to my mind: 

1/ Kang So Ra: they acted together in 4th Period Mystey as student so it be great if they get to work together in this contination like drama!! :lol:

2/ Ryu Hwayoung: I really loved her in Mad Dog!! (hated her character in Grand Prince but she was a good actress there!! )

3/ IU: she was great in My Ahjusshi!!

4/ Jung Eun Ji: she one of the few good idol-tured-actresses!!

5/ Gong Seung Yeon: she was pretty good in Are you Human too!! 

6/ Lee Seun Bin: I heared good things about her in her drama Sketch with rain!!

7/ Jo Bo Ah: I hated her (the loved her) in Sweetest Stranger but hated her and didn't love her back in Temperature Of Love :lol: but she's really a good actress and it would be good match with Yoo Seung Ho if she's casted!! :D 

hhhhhhh I know that being a newbie writer can be worrying but we need to remember that All big names started newbies so we just need to hope for the best and trust Yoo seung Ho's choice in the drama!! ;) 

• Like 7

@sakura2016 Do you have some cristal ball ? Because Jo Bo Ah has received an offer :lol:. I am quite relieved because I saw her in Monster drama and was quite good in there. So she is an actress that I know.  

Naver article : https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0001057278

Jo Boa, SBS 'Revenge is back'  "Under review"

On 9/4/2018 at 12:47 AM, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhhh I know that being a newbie writer can be worrying but we need to remember that All big names started newbies so we just need to hope for the best and trust Yoo seung Ho's choice in the drama!! ;) 

Well I trusted his last two dramas and then..:mellow:. The writer is really a rookie, with no drama under her/ his filmography. So it is natural to get worried. It looks like YSH likes to experiment dramas with new writers.  No matter what, I will support him even though I don't approve all his choices. You are partly right about giving a chance, at least it is not a MBC drama and the quality of the drama will be better. Let's hope for the best !

Edit : Soompi  article 

7ad5711427a9429e9815cb865a944147.jpeg?s=

Jo Bo Ah In Talks To Star Opposite Yoo Seung Ho In New Romance Drama

Sep 4, 2018
by eclipse01

Actress Jo Bo Ah may be joining Yoo Seung Ho in a new SBS drama!

On September 4, Jo Bo Ah’s agency SidusHQ confirmed that the actress was considering the leading role in the new drama “Revenge is Back” (working title). A representative of the agency stated, “Jo Bo Ah has received a casting offer for the female lead of ‘Revenge is Back,’ and she is currently in the midst of reviewing the offer.”

SBS previously confirmed that actor Yoo Seung Ho would be starring in the drama as the male lead.

“Revenge is Back” is a fun and refreshing romance drama about Kang Bok Soo (played by Yoo Seung Ho), a boy who is expelled from school after being falsely accused of violence against other students. He later returns to the school as an adult to seek revenge, but instead finds himself unexpectedly swept up in a new series of incidents at the same school.

The drama, which will air on Mondays and Tuesdays, is currently scheduled to premiere in December of this year.

Are you excited to potentially see Jo Bo Ah and Yoo Seung Ho star together in this new drama? Leave your thoughts below!

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1225083wpp/jo-bo-ah-talks-star-opposite-yoo-seung-ho-new-romance-drama?utm_source=viki&utm_medium=newsmodule-celebrity-web&utm_campaign=soompi_news_module&utm_content=14342pr

• Like 8

I think YSH has baby face. Up till now i cant see him as an adult. 

Im excited. The story looks interesting, i'll wait.

• Like 7

SEPTEMBER 4 2018

Jo Bo-Ah offered lead female role in SBS drama series “Bok-Soo’s Back”

Bok-Soos_Back-TPLF22.jpg

Jo Bo-Ah has been offered the lead female role in upcoming SBS drama series “Bok-Soo’s Back” co-starring Yoo Seung-Ho. Currently, Jo Bo-Ah is considering the offer. If she accepts, she will play the lead female character which currently doesn’t have a description. Casting of Yoo Seung-Ho for the lead male role was announced just yesterday.

“Bok-Soo’s Back” will first air December, 2018 in South Korea.

source

• Like 10

I would've love to see a Yoo Seung Ho-Nam Ji Hyun pairing. She's real lovely,young,cute and decent actress and gives off that model student vibe (although I think it was stated up above that there's no description yet of the female lead).And I do believe she gets into the character of every role she gets.And if I remember it correctly,she'd like to have that role as a university student or sumthing.But since she just finished of filming the new drama that'll air next week, (if ever she receives an offer) not too sure if she'll consider or she'd be going back to school in real life. Some time in the future,maybe.

But then I love YSH too..I may not have seen all his projects,nonetheless I have high respects for him as an actor.Good  luck on this new drama.^_^

• Like 7

Oh heyy I had a glance at this drama earlier but didn't know it was YSH's!! My god, I have been waiting for his drama since I'm not a robot!! The description of the drama sounds very dark though with the emphasis on revenge, are you all sure this is gonna be rom-com :wacko: @Berou Long time no see :blush:

• Like 6

@Cecentre long time no see  too ! I'm happy to see you again :).  Finally we will see him again and I was seriously  losing patience these days. Yeah I know, when his fans read revenge part, they thought about a dark drama, like the ones he is used to doing. However this is a highschool drama and we should be mindful of its background. In my opinion, the revenge will be light. Most highschool dramas are light and don't go dark. From the synopsis it looks like a romcom drama, with revenge as the plot. Soompi article stated it is a fun romance drama with a goofy hero, thus we can expect some comedy as a stress reliever too. Just to be certain, it would be better to get more information in the coming weeks. When we will see the teasers, fanaccounts and official stills,  I hope everything will be clear :)

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Berou said:

@Cecentre long time no see  too ! I'm happy to see you again :).  Finally we will see him again and I was seriously  losing patience these days. Yeah I know, when his fans read revenge, they thought about a dark drama, like the ones he is used to doing. However this is a highschool drama and we should be mindful of its background. In my opinion, the revenge will be light. Most highschool dramas are light and don't go dark. From the synopsis it looks like a romcom drama, with revenge as the plot. Soompi article stated it is a fun romance drama with a goofy hero, thus we can expect some comedy as a stress reliever too. Just to be certain, it would be better to get more information in the coming weeks. When we will see the teasers, fanaccounts and official stills,  I hope everything will be clear :)

I'm so happy to see you too! So glad to be talking in a drama thread again :P For some reason I only participate in YSH's drama thread lmaoo from Ruler of the Mask (for like a couple days) to INAR and now this one! I hope to be united with some more INAR folks :blush:

Honestly same! I was looking him up on the news occasionally, waiting for him to announce his participation in a drama already! Oh well, good things come to those who wait :P I have never watched revenge dramas so I don't know how dark those can get, but for me high school drama can get pretty dark especially on the topic of bullying... but hey! if the news reported that it's gonna be fun and goofy hero, sign me up!

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Cecentre said:

I'm so happy to see you too! So glad to be talking in a drama thread again :P For some reason I only participate in YSH's drama thread lmaoo from Ruler of the Mask (for like a couple days) to INAR and now this one! I hope to be united with some more INAR folks :blush:

Honestly same! I was looking him up on the news occasionally, waiting for him to announce his participation in a drama already! Oh well, good things come to those who wait :P I have never watched revenge dramas so I don't know how dark those can get, but for me high school drama can get pretty dark especially on the topic of bullying... but hey! if the news reported that it's gonna be fun and goofy hero, sign me up!

Same here, I only participate in YSH's drama threads, sometimes I post on other threads but I end up stop posting.  I hope too,  I guess other IANAR folks and his other fans will come later. I should perhaps tag some of them to make them come out. @vangsweetie637 @soara @hyania @maj_loves @miye0n @paperboat04 @Unicaunnisansu  @2handsintertwined @2016moana @ferily  @findit  @evie7  @hiriena02  @sanaeozora

@sakura2016 became the victim of my nagging and rants :lol:. I'm sorry to her. Everytime a casting news came out, I went  to her for ranting, wondering why YSH was refusing to come back. Trust me. Even though it is a revenge drama with a highschool background, it is still  light in terms of " YSH's dark and melo" dramas. The melos he did before were full of drama, anguish and tears. He cried or had an anguished expression in every scene. Bullying is a sensitive topic and viewers might feel uncomfortable watching characters getting bullied, but we don't know what the writer has in mind for the plot. Maybe the drama won't touch on the bullying issue. 

• Like 7