Quantcast
siobhanne

Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

The ending of Guardian, I think they avoid BL therefore the ending can not be the same as in the novel (the boys together as lovers), I am totally empathetic with the script writter. I still love it :D

Sorry, what I had read was it was canceled. Guess the post was wrong. My apologies.

I got Guardian confused with another program, that's what happened.

Edited by Leigh Perry

So far only the Time of Flight song is available on Amazon. In terms of series, I've listed their names in Chinese in the first post, you can find them on bilibili, or at least his cuts. Except one which I think is banned in china. They're not subbed. From the subbed stuff, in addition to what others have mentioned the other film from the same director as Yang and his summer is also available with embedded English subs. Although his part in it is extremely small. 

The story of ming Lan is currently airing, it's very good, I recommend watching it on viki. 

Deleting videos from quoted content is easy. You can go into the quote and press backspace for the video until it deletes. This is forum rules. 

Searching with Chinese characters is also easy. You just copy paste. Or you use Pleco or Google translate in mobile to draw the characters and then copy and paste. If you Google you can probably also find handwritten Chinese input for your computer. 

There's also a guardian specific soompi forum if you want to discuss the drama more at length or read what others have thought as it was airing. I think the link should be in the first post. 

Also, please bear in mind that basically all subbing and translating is a labor of love from fans. So when you criticize it, please try to consider if you really feel strongly enough about the quality to risk discouraging such fans from subbing or translating. Personally, I'm also happy with the quality and speed of the guardian novel translation and the balance he has struck between these two ideals. 

• Like 1

Youtube upload of the new year's basketball show. It's so nice how he got to incorporate things he loves like basketball and jumping around with kids into a stage performance. He looks so happy and comfortable.

The other guy also played Wu Xie in a previous adaptation, so it's 2 Wu Xies on stage.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, huongpham82 said:

Is he one of the two in red who jump to play basketball in the first minute?

I have just seen this clip 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 6:40 AM, Leigh Perry said:

Also, does anyone know what this is?  The heading says Run Through Time, but I'm not sure that's the title. Here is the link

I found this introduction in dramalist:

A Chinese variety show, where members must complete tasks together within a certain time limit. At the same time, they are to avoid the "hunters" (men in black) while inside the parameters of the game. In season one, the cast is given a theme or storyline to play along to, and each episode features around 12 guests. The overall, storyline of the season is focused on Kepler, another planet, which is faced with an energy crisis. In order to save the fate of the planet, the players on Earth are put to the test. The purpose of each round (episode) is to remain alive until the last second, and if caught by a hunter, the player will retain one-tenth of their winnings. The amount of points they accumulate throughout each round allows them to move on to the next round, and eventually the final showdown.

https://mydramalist.com/26001-run-for-time-season-one

He attended in a movie called Love Retake 2013, only for one minute from 33:30 :lol:

He has gone too far from that.

26 minutes ago, siobhanne said:

No, he was in more scenes than that. His part is very small but quite funny. 

Really, can you point which parts? I am trying to find but its difficult because I skip scenes, not interested to watch whole movie?

9 hours ago, huongpham82 said:

Really, can you point which parts? I am trying to find but its difficult because I skip scenes, not interested to watch whole movie?

Mm. He had some scene where he wore a cowboy hat, then one scene where he ran faster than one of the male leads, ruining the take (he's an extra), one scene where he was wearing some army uniform and had to slap someone, and then some party scene at about 35 minutes where he wears a red neckerchief. He's playing a tiny supporting role as an actor who plays an extra here. I don't remember more, I also sped through the film a long time ago, this director's movies are not really my style, sorry. The soldier scene is at the beginning of the movie he's really cute there. His character is silly and funny.

Ahahahahahahaha!!! I'm not Zhu Yi Long... That line made my day lol

The Story of Minglan is ending soon and the Skynet Action from 2012 is airing soon. Anyone excited and checking it out? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The finale of the Story of Minglan will be aired today! I’m so glad Qi Heng will have a happy ending that’s different from the original novel! (The first character of him from last June that has a really happy ending, yay!) 

And he has been announced spokesperson for two brands: L’Oreal and KFC. Usually these two brands love to have many popular stars to promote their products but they rarely give a spokesperson title to them. So ZYL and his fans again proved his business value.

The Skynet Action has postponed its airing date. But I think it’ll not be very late. I’m also waiting for My True Friend, which is rumored to be aired in late March or April. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I probably should not say too much about this, but I think ZYL and his fans have been facing severe cyber-violence since last June. You know, there are some specific accounts on Sina Weibo that are paid to promote/tarnish celebrities. We usually call them “营销号” (YXH). And usually they collaborate with Sina to create some hot searches. That’s why you’ll find they never say anything good about ZYL, and those “black hot search” about him will quickly rise to the top. They’ll even call white black if they’re paid to do so. 

If you think about it, they have done it many times: back in June, they said his fans were illegally fund-raising for him; in July, they slandered that he had been secretly married; in August, they put the Swkopt thing on hot search to tarnish his look... Then they found these fake stains cannot hurt him, they started to turn to ZYL’s fans. The hot searches changed to “ZYL fans argued with A, ZYL fans fight with B, ZYL fans C, blah blah. “ They will find a teeny tiny thing that a “fan” said to provoke the others, once they “argued”, it’ll draw attention so YXHs will earn money from misleading the public opinions. But first of all, if a celebrity has millions of fans, there must be one or two that might say something improperly. They won’t stand for the whole group. But the YXH will exaggerate on this one person’s single line, and make people believe  ZYL fans did some silly things. They will also delete the good comments and push the bad comments to the top. These are repeated many times, then people believe that “ZYL is a good actor, but his fans stink”. Secondly, even if his fans now are really cautious now, they will create a “fan account” themselves to say some bad words about others, then repeat the routine. What’s more, if a B fan or C fan says the same thing, no YXH will post anything about it. If a ZYL fan did something good, no YXH will post anything good about it, either.

I just find it really disgusting. I don’t know why he has to face all these slanders and swearings. Just because he has popularity now and a small company that does not have the ability to protect him? 

Sorry that I rambled too much about those negative things. I just want you to know that Zhu Yilong is a great actor, and a great person. His fans are also a very positive group of people that are greatly misunderstood. Luckily, overseas forums like this one are not polluted by those haters and YXHs. This is why I like the environment here, the love is pure here and we can discuss without distractions.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

@paopaolong Thanks for all the info! I've tried to direct the conversation here so that it stays positive and informative and luckily it doesn't really require much effort. Since most of us don't speak Chinese I think the spread of misinformation would be very easy, and I don't think it's productive or nice to read back on. But an infrequent summary and update post such as yours from someone who understands what's going on and can calmly explain it is very welcome! : )

By the way, your username is very cute!

I was also happy with Qi Heng's happy ending. I thought the ending dialogue between him and his wife was perhaps a touch over-written (over-explaining), I personally prefer when everything isn't said out loud (in fiction, not in real life), but they were both so cute!

The L'Oreal and KFC ads have been delicious : )

By the way, does anyone know of a site that archives photos of Zhu Yi Long, so I could link to it in the first post? The more comprehensive and organized, the better (except stalker photos).

• Like 2

On 2/12/2019 at 10:32 PM, paopaolong said:

And he has been announced spokesperson for two brands: L’Oreal and KFC. Usually these two brands love to have many popular stars to promote their products but they rarely give a spokesperson title to them. So ZYL and his fans again proved his business value.

This is waaaay cool! I don't suppose the commercials are online?

On 2/1/2019 at 10:21 AM, huongpham82 said:

Right. I know how to sub, and although I dont know Chinese but many of the dramas and ZYL's cutscenes are availabe with sub of my language, I can translate from my language into English but subbing takes so much time (I used to do that so I know it) :D. I thought of subbing some cutscene video but not sure its necessary :rolleyes:

I imagine that getting the translations on the correct time/frame is the most time consuming part of it. That is HARD, getting the translations on the right spot, so they aren't either before, or long after where they are suppost to go. And NO, that is not meant as a criticism of the people doing translating. I take my hat off to anyone who try's this.