Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2019] The Crowned Clown/The Man Who Became King, 광해 / 왕이 된 남자

Can't wait for another week to come by and drop us two episodes! This week was such a roller coaster for me in terms of the two episodes we got. The Queen found out about HS and obviously she would be super disappointed as she is. I'm more curious about the arrows. I know they're definitely from SCS to stop HS from going back to the palace to meet the Ming envoy... It's a lotta mess going on there.

I'm quite sure by the preview that HS will survive and go back to the palace but still, the cliffhanger is torturing me! I hope that this Queen realizes that HS needs her as much as she needs him, in a way. At the end by the cliff, she yelled at "Your Majesty" which I think, is a gesture of letting go the old King and accepting Ha-seon as the new King and her love. All in all, can't wait for another Monday!

• Like 5

As I had expected, watching subbed eps 11 made me cry a river.  The part where he cried for seemingly no reason in court . The part where she left . The part where she met her father . The part where he asked her to live for him. Even though I know from the preview that he will survive, it was still extremely emotional to see him take the arrow for her. The silver lining was that it made it really clear to her who it was that truly occupied her heart . And of course this in the preview gives me hope that the angst won't last too long. SW is Ha Seon's motivating force to endure the threats to his position and life , so my wish is for her to stand by him . 

F0FwxLN.png

Earlier in the drama , I had questioned whether a better world for the people of Joseon  can be  built on lies. Will the ends justify the means ? I think I may have asked the wrong question. Because given the wicked alternatives for the throne and the external threats on  Joseon's peace, the question I should have asked is whether Lee had any other choice? And I really think he didn't . 

Some other little things that struck me:

-  HS is also unaware of YH's death. So now the question is whether Lee will ever tell HS and SW the truth or just take it with him to the grave. 

- HS can really hold his own when it comes to dealing with the Empress Dowager. Especially when he told her off about wanting to depose SW. It was quite swoony *(in a Joseon kind of way :D) when he said that she ( SW ) was his person first and foremost.

- Eunuch Cho is a delight to watch. I laughed so much when he was trying to make a ruckus to cover the King's absence. A much needed comedic break in what was a  very intense and angst filled episode.

I am looking forward to tomorrow. I wish TVN would give more hints / teasers of what's to come

Edited by triplem
  • Like 3
  • Love 3

In all honesty, after they killed of Lee Hun I lost the motivation to keep watching the drama as soon as the episodes air. It reminded me that this is still a Korean drama with obvious limitations in how they tell a story for a broad viewership.

For me, personally, they went down to boringville after deciding to kill off the "evil" king and replace him with Ha Seon who is the goody-good "pretend to be king".

I think they could've done so much more with Lee Hun and his character and it would've been so much interesting to see Ha Seon shift from his to good to be true-type of character to a more interesting and ambivalent character.

I haven't watched episode 11, yet, but I think they really need to address the issue that Lee Kyu lies about what happened to the real King and that he gets away with it? 

You know on one hand I think the drama is doing a good job since we know Lee Kyu isn't a good man. He does have good intentions but his good intentions shouldn't excuse the actions he takes. 

The only person with conscience is So Woon. I felt more for her than I felt for Ha Seon when she found out the truth. I know he was feeling conflicted in the past and he didn't know the truth about the King's death. But I'm not a big fan of dramas which suddenly turn  the person who caused the pain as well into a victim. He knew full well who he was when he fell for the queen and when he kissed her and made her fall for him. So I'm more on So Woon's side than on his.

Anyways what I wanted to say is that I admire So Woon's decision to leave the palace. She is the person with a conscience. She just found out that not only did Lee Hun die... she fell for someone who isn't her husband and who pretends to be the king. I'm sure the drama will turn this into a happy ending but I wish it wouldn't. Action do have consequences. But I guess I'm asking for too much.

I still watch this drama and I'm curious how they will resolve it but yeah they took away the edge of the drama for me. :( 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Some other little things that struck me:

-  HS is also unaware of YH's death. So now the question is whether Lee will ever tell HS and SW the truth or just take it with him to the grave. 

- HS can really hold his own when it comes to dealing with the Empress Dowager. Especially when he told her off about wanting to depose SW. It was quite swoony *(in a Joseon kind of way :D) when he said that she ( SW ) was his person first and foremost.

- Eunuch Cho is a delight to watch. I laughed so much when he was trying to make a ruckus to cover the King's absence. A much needed comedic break in what was a  very intense and angst filled episode.

I am looking forward to tomorrow. I wish TVN would give more hints / teasers of what's to come

Hahaha eunuch Cho is a precious teddy bear. :) I was like “don’t you guys dare to hurt him!!!!”

And for Lee Heon death, Of course the story will be more fun with him but maybe it was too much for Yeo Jin Goo to handle both character with such a little time to shoot. They are doing ongoing shoot, aren’t they? And the CGI to put Lee Heon and Ha Seon together in one scene definitely will consume more time and budget. I just hope the story will still hold it’s pace and quality. And for me, 3 episodes after the king,s death (he’s been killed off in ep 8, right?) the story is still good and it still interesting to watch. 

I hope the rest of episodes will be as good as the first half. I love this drama so much

• Like 5
  • Love 2

New stills ..he’s all smiles 

LSY IG update - second pic with YJG. 

Spoiler

• Like 7

I am watching some cuts on IG and she looked after him in her father's house ( if I am not mistaken). They had a long conversation , but the wall between them is finally removed.

She took some time after they went back to the palace to pay her final respects to YH

Spoiler

Afraid that she'd be cold..he brought a robe for her and gave her some hazel nuts. She was reminded of their first meeting . At the end of the scene, she told him her real name. Thought this was really sweet because with each other they can finally be honest

I always love how HS stands up to the Empress Dowager in order to defend SW. ED is of course still wishing to depose SW...

Spoiler

Very swoony how he took her hand and led her out

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Together with Lee and SW , he goes into town to talk to the people  and listen to their woes...

I have a bad feeling about Dal Rae...she saw her rapist . 

Spoiler

But this is likely the scene of the night. I think the old man got hold of the sword which was in DR's possession and used it to test HS and he finds out that HS is not the king...what a scene...HS threw the coins that the old man threw at him a long time ago

The preview is worrying ...HS is kneeling before the old man and seems to have to do his bidding..

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Them :bawling: :wub:

This scene from the preview trailer caught my attention. It gives us a glimpse of a man's tortured soul. Who could that be?! :open_mouth:

Rough translation by Milawaty [YT] :

Haseon: I know that if I want to bear this position (as a king) I should feel this kind of hurt

Lee Kyu: How couldn't you keep to stay silent till the end?

Haseon: As you have said, to live at this palace there are only two ways..

Chi soo: kneel down! I will tell you the way to save your younger sister..

Haseon: Do you want to resist till the end?

Chi soo: Now call the sinner court secretary right away! Then I will declare your sister as the court lady!

Haseon: Now only one way left I could take...

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit your previous post instead!
  • Like 5

Everyone’s frustrated with DR , lol! 

Credit: http://kkumnetz.blogspot.com/2019/02/drama-crowned-clown-ep-12.html

Original Article: [xsports news]'The Crowned Clown' Lee Seyoung, Chooses Yeo Jingoo "I'm Here By Your Side, Your Highness"

0000956707_001_20190218215244810.jpg?typ

Screen%2BShot%2B2019-02-18%2Bat%2B10.18.
1. +680, -2 The child actors' acting is so good ㅋ Yeo Jingoo and Lee Seyoung are both good at acting, the chemistry is alive!
2. +469, -3 Someone please tie up Dalrae and Gabsoo. Sigh
3. +66, -1 I'm getting sick because of Haseon's sister. Just stay still, why did she come ugh
4. +54, -2 Dalrae and Gabsoo are both frustrating chracters
5. +36, -1 I'm seriously touched by Haseon and Sowoon~~!
6. +19, -0 Dalrae has been so frustrating since the start. Ugh...
7. +14, -1 I'm so stressed, I can't watch it.
8. +13, -2 Writer-nim, please kill Dalrae off
9. +11, -0 Seriously! I thought I was going to explode while watching today's episode! What's with Gabsoo and Dalrae! 
10. +10, -0 What's with Haseon-ie ㅠㅠ He can't even hold on for a little bit ugh so annoying I can't watch this
11. +8, -0 Haseon-ah just hold on for a little bit, what are you doing ㅜㅜ Why is he like this ㅜㅜ
12. +6, -1 Not watching ㅡㅡ Freaking frustrating
13. Ah;; Dalrae;;;;;;;;:!!!ㅠ
—————————-
Ratings ! At 8.7%
  • Like 6

OMG i thought i was the only one frustated with Dal Rae character. I know she just looking for her brother but somehow her action annoyed me. -_- 

The rating is a bit down? I hope tonight episode will rise the rating again

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

The rating is a bit down? I hope tonight episode will rise the rating again

Yeah I think everyone dropped bar Lawyer Jo2 and Light In Your Eyes which saw rises.  TCC is still number 1 though for that time slot. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Waaaaa long time ayy.. this place has changed so much !! 

yeorobunnn..!!! go checkout @7lvariety IG account  just in case the link i posted below not working. . This chingu has made fabulousss fan video of King lee heon & Queen So Woon !!! So many overlapping scenes, moments from their past and present to their last moment together... Those who love them must go watch it , like and follow the creator!! 

• Like 4

omo! HS revealed himself to SCS? that was quiet unexpected. At that scene when SCS was testing him with the dagger i knew HS was losing it but just maybe he had some hidden card when he pulled the drawer to take out something and omg! it was all over when he threw the coin. Just when i was looking forward to some romance between HS and the queen now that she has accepted him. Now everything is going haywire.

Seeing the preview I don't think i like what is coming in episode 13. It looks like HS is bowing down to SCS to save Dal Rae and Gab Soo and the chief sec could be prosecuted.  I have said it before that DR and GS could be HS stumbling block. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

OMG haven’t watched yesterday ep yet but, HS revealed himself to that evil minister??? (don’t remember his name) tch.. :crazy: waaaeeeee

Now will he have a hold on him? I wonder how the Queen role in this story. Of course I think she won’t be there just for the romance reason. Isn’t she having the power to order the government too? If the king is dead and he has no heir, shouldn’t the power automatically went to the Queen as the leader? I wish she will step up to protect Ha Seon later. I literally was screaming when she said she didn’t care if poeple curse her or throw rocks at her, she just wants to live for Ha Seon. I was like “yeah Kweeennnn!! You go giiiiirrrrlll”. I hope she will show the more power when Ha Seon and “his crew” hit a rock bottom because of that evil minister.

Btw, what is the reason behind his evil act? Is that minister wanting the throne or something? I  watched since the beginning and he seems like evil for no reason :sweat_smile:

• Like 5

HS is pretty smart for a commoner. His heart is in the right place, has strong support and good people around him.

Is his sister supposed to be a smart one too? After Monday’s ep, I am beginning to doubt that they are related by blood...

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

43 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

Hello everyone! No episode today?:ph34r:

There is...I am watching some cuts on IG. Was waiting for TVN to upload some links but they have yet to do so

Anyway this IG account did some simple translations for some of the cuts.

I am not sure what happened between  last night to this scene but it seems like the old man threaten to bring Dal Rae and HS tells him to back off or he won't let the old man off 

Spoiler

Long story short...the old man wanted to prove to the entire palace that HS is not the king by bringing DR there...HS had no choice I think but to deny her as his sis. This is not only for him but this actually protects her as well...YJG was so good here

Spoiler

Thankfully Dal Rae denies that HS looks like anyone else

So that means the old man is lying instead and the tortured soul in the preview last night is him - he was punished- I think HS gave him death sentence? But regardless the punishment seemed a bit too harsh so much so that Lee and Eunuch Cho were taken aback

Spoiler

But HS's wrath did not end there...he punished the son too- scarring his face with a hot stamp /mark...he was definitely taking revenge. Lee had a worried look - it's a side of HS he has never seen

Spoiler

Edited by triplem
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Oh my, it seems this is getting even interesting! Thanks @triplem for the summary^^. Glad that HS is punishing the right people, but I hope he doesn't go too far. 

I was somewhat scared on the preview for tonight's episode yesterday because I thought an important person to HS is the one being punished...whew. It seems DalRae is one smart girl as well.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I am so thankful that SW is standing  by him. It was so tough for HS to deny his little sister like that ( I will need subs to know for sure if he was truly cutting off ties with DR ) but SW asked him about his sis. He was in tears...she comforted him with a hug 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Another highlight was that SW finds out from a palace maid that her tea has been poisoned all this while to prevent her from getting pregnant. She was so shocked but tells them that she will inform the king herself

Spoiler

Spoiler

She tells HS , and he was of course mad as hell and vows to find out who it was ...

Poor SW- sobbing so hard - honestly I think she may not have any chance of conceiving in the future

HS finds out that ED was the one who poisoned SW's tea

Spoiler

Oh my god...someone killed SW's father. Lee went to see him to set him free - but he was stabbed..:bawling:

Can't seem to find a preview

Edited by triplem
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6