Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2019] The Crowned Clown/The Man Who Became King, 광해 / 왕이 된 남자

I love this scene so much. The way Haseon looks at Sowoon with such a loving expression. 

vqzcipA.gif

Spoiler

Little did he know the mess that awaits him in the palace :( 

ETA:

Eunuch Jo aka actor Jang Gwang treated the actors and staff to a coffee truck!!! He's so preciousssss T_T

AO9AwFn.png

• Like 4
  • Love 10

I was initially worried if TCC might get cancelled for next week due to the Chinese New Year since people were talking about it earlier at the TCC naver talk page, but apparently, there will be no cancellation! So yay!:wub:

Plus, they are planning to air all Ep 1-9 next week instead for CNY. :w00t::w00t::w00t:

tvN: Cancellation? What cancellation? Watch all episodes back to back instead!!!

standing-ovation.gif

Source: https://theqoo.net/index.php?mid=dyb&group_srl=915078384&document_srl=994069292

Well, not sure how accurate that is... but if that's going to be the case.. awesome!!!

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, circulate9oo said:

Guys the response for last night's episode was so amazing.. the top article last night got the highest upvotes in comments since the first ep~ it reached 3000+!!! I will translate later in a bit.

BUT OMG YEO JIN GOO! I feel like I need to say a lot when it comes to how good he is in portraying these two roles, but often I'm just left so speechless! Even as the bad king, I can still see the pain in his eyes in the midst of his anger, when he saw the people close to him turn to Haseon. Yi Heon's eyes are screaming murder, but then the next frame you see Haseon who's shaking in fear. It's crazy how Yeo Jin Goo has masterfully separated these two characters, showing each character's different sides without them overlapping at all. You can still see hints of vulnerability in the crazy king, while you also find toughness in the clown but still he makes the vulnerability and toughness unique to each character if that makes sense? Like when Haseon is angry, you know it's Haseon who's being angry.. and when the King is in pain from sadness, you can tell that the one who's sad is still Yi Heon.

I know what you mean! His acting is just so very layered. I don't know if it's also the director or the writing, but often characters are portrayed as being rather one-dimensional, e, g. the good guy is always kind and generous and the bad guy is always self-centered and has no positive human feelings. YJG's acting gives both of them a great variety of emotions, especially LH, which is reason why I still feel for him. You can just see that beneath all the rage and madness lies endless fear and pain.

Speaking of it, I suddenly realized why I missed this in episode 7. LH here is not acting out of fear and depair, he is acting out of jealousy. He is lashing out at those he loves most because he saw or feared that they would love HS more than him. I just realized that this is the first time he had actively acted against either Minister Lee or the queen, and it's not because he fears they would harm him, but that they would leave him. Alas he might have lost them forever now through his actions.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

@rittoo Oh, good observation! A difference in Yi Heon in Ep 7 is that he is not paranoid from people assassinating him, but what he now fears this time, is seeing the people he actually rely on prefer Haseon over him. He's irrationally lashing out to see reactions that are truly meant for him, and not from what Haseon worked on. :(  I mean I don't agree and support his actions afterwards, but I can also see why he did what he did.

I still feel sorry for Yi Heon, because he did spend the time away from the palace locked and tied up instead of getting proper treatment. I mean given the time, of course he wouldn't be properly treated for his drug and mental problems, but still, his situation didn't allow him to properly heal and recover from drug withdrawal. I'm so disappointed he immediately went back to his old habits, but realistically, that's what's his character is going to end up doing the moment he gets out. I still won't lose hope for now...

Finally, it's ep 8. The episode where Kim Sang Kyung said this is what made him join the project. I'm scared. I truly hope they don't kill Yi Heon, I'm going to revolt. The king hasn't done anything great so far, but I just enjoy seeing Jingoo act him out so much. So please, save Yi Heon...

• Like 8

@circulate9oo Oh no..do you think they'd go as far as killing LH off? I hope not. Even though he isn't much of a likeable character thus far but he's likeable being seen onscreen :D. Now, I can't wait what episode 8 has in store for us...it has been the most anticipated episode now. Wonder if it's gonna break its own rating again :wub:.

• Like 8

it started..

Officer Jang is helping HS.. he still have conscience as a human! but HS took the sword and Jang said kill me.. HS throws the sword. Jang asked HS to runaway but HS wants to go back to the palace.. he took the gift from Queen and feel persistent.. 

Secretary Lee remembers all Lee Hun said about himself can never runaway from him. Lee Hun wants to kill Queen with sayak.. 

back to the night when queen rejected Lee Hun.. he tries to kiss her but he got an attack from his own brain.. the royal coitus is delayed.. Lee Hun has a severe headache. he returns to his royal chamber.

Queen is feeling weird with the King.. Lee Hun is getting more and more in pain.. Lee secretary is there and now king is sedated.. he has reach the point of no return.. poor Lee Hun. I sympathize him.. 

Lee secretary burns the letter of resignation and Lee Hun lies down sickly. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Secretary Lee goes to king’s office and make a royal command with king’s seal. I think it is regarding the queen mother.. 

wow it is getting exciting now! Royal soldiers visit queen mother palace.. she is busy writing something when her court lady tells her that soldiers surrounded her palace.. her pen is broken.. 

Ha Seon looking at Jang entering palace. King is still unconscious and lies down.. time for Ha Seon to replace him again? 

Jang told Lee that HS is alive.. OMO the meeting between them again so emotional.. eunuch calls HS jheona and he cries.. Jang is touched. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Ha Seon meets Sec Lee.

HS think Lee Hun died but he is not. Lee asked why HS returns.. HS remembers when Lee secretary sliced him.. he asked why he’s been dumped like that by him. he is so disappointed with him.. he doesn’t want to die like that. Lee said that HS maybe doesn’t believe him but he wants HS to be alive..

Lee asked HS what he really want.. HS looking at the king and said.. he wants to protect the people and wants to become a real King.. 

Lee said it’s not that easy to be a king.. and explain the heavy weight of it.. HS swayed a bit but he is still persistent 

Lee Hun is back to ground zero.. back to the monk’s hands to be treat by medicine and Jang is accompanied him.

Ha Seon is king again.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Eunuch Chu takes care HS wound and he is so happy that HS is back. 

Lee secretary talk with Ha Seon. the conversation is deep I don’t really understand it. 

mean while.. Shin Chi Soo held a dinner party celebrating his reinstalled.. duh..  everyone is bribing him.. so disgusting 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

HS visits queen.. he asks her to follow him. aaw he hugs her tell her he missed her so much. he apologizes for real king attitude last night.. they hold hands and she saw his wounds.. HS is smart though.. she understands him so much.. this is so touching OMG I cry.... they love each other. our ship is sailing chingus..

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Shin Chi Soo and Jin Pyeong are now being played by Sec Lee yaaasss! let them kill each other please.. 

wow HS looks like even better than real

king. in the hall.. he saw rapist is there too. everyone tries to give their piece of mouth and old fart is very disgusting me yuckk.. 

HS ask Lee to call rapist.. rapist is smiling.. little that he knows....... 

HS goes down and face rapist.. OMO hahahaha.. he gives another punishment to rapist. oh no HS will play him first lol..

King HS fired everyone today more than Donald Trump in the apprentice hahaha

Ok basically HS edit all and punish many  of Shin Chin Soo people.. 

old fart this is your doomed day.. HS is amazing.. but oh no.. someone recognized him as s clown..

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

Enjoyed watching eps 7. What a contrast seeing LH and HS , both played by the same actor. How can I hate one and love the other. Amazing!

I am probably the only one with little pity for LH. While I can see why he has ended up the way he has - the insecurities built up over the years being the less than rightful heir , the constant threats on his life time and again, the dependence on opium etc , I cannot find myself rooting for him. The drama has dropped hints of his potentials here and there, but so far all I see is a man so troubled and in such a terrible mental state that you wonder if he can really be king? So how does one help someone like that in those days, where there's no such thing as therapy?

Right now,  I  don't  particularly care what happens to him especially after what I have seen happen to HS. Did he (HS) ask for this ? No. Wasn't he forced and his life threatened to substitute the king in the first place? Didn't they say they'd kill the sister if he did not comply? Does LH realise why SW would fall for HS? I was mad when LH beat up HS ...

dlql88v.png

What I really do want to see quickly is for SW to realise HS and LH are two different people. And that for her to realise the person she has fallen for is HS...I feel sorry for her right now. She must be so baffled by the king's behaviour. Intuition already told her that this is not the king she fell for during the bed scene.

I don't know how they will take the romance...this is one of those rare times in a drama that I cannot be truly certain of the ending but this line gives me a bit of hope

J54F87S.png

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, SeGafanlady said:

HS visits queen.. he asks her to follow him. aaw he hugs her tell her he missed her so much. he apologizes for real king attitude last night.. they hold hands and she saw his wounds.. HS is smart though.. she understands him so much.. this is so touching OMG I cry.... they love each other. our ship is sailing chingus..

Power of this drama its them and their love story!

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Lee secretary meets Shin outside and they change conversations about the king.. rapist is angry and throw his royal command (disrespectful bastaaaarrd) Lee said that rapist is even trying to kill him by stabbing (the beggars) rapist runaway like a rat...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Lee meets HS.. he told him he misses Dal Rae his sister.. but it is risky for them to meet now, Lee asked HS to be patient.. 

HS kindness and pure heart captivated Lee. 

our funny math genius is at the market to check prices and all. He finds many illegal activities happening.. the sellers are warned. Dal Rae and uncle meet math genius and uncle show him King Lee’s knife asked how much he could sell it. Math man said the knife is King’s knife. Dal Rae took the knife and runaway..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Queen mother and her bro talking about a plan on how to deal with the king.. 

oh no the man who saw HS as a clown come to visit Shin to tell him about HS. he is beaten up even before meeting old fart.  

Shin doesn’t believe him but the man is persistent about what he saw. Shin is swayed.. he starts to remember everything weird about Lee Hun and compare both..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Lee meets his people and he swears to protect them all.. Lee wants to make the country a better place for the people.

Queen mother is praying in the temple. wow there are many followers she has! they are all bowing to her and wish her health and long life..  

Queen mother wants to get rid of the king and planning a coup

Lady Kim is dressing HS and of course she can tell the difference between LH and HS from his ear.. oh no! Kim is doubting.. 

King is awaken. He is in that cave where he used to held drug parties.. Jang told him King needs to stay here a bit. King is mad af.. he draws his sword to Jang but Lee Hun lost his power.. he can’t move his arm. he has a stroke! 

poor LH he lost his mind totally. Jang is crying to see his king like that.. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

She is in love with HS that is for sure and being someone who is on Team Clown, this scene makes me happy . But I am worried - can HS continue this charade? I don't mind him fooling the world but I don't want her to be in dark about his real identity. 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4
  • Love 3

Queen BAE cooks for HS.. so sweet! 

HS is over the moon.. everything is so delicious of course.

omo.. all 5 wives are there lol. 

Seong Hwa Dang gives HS a golden turtle. HS doesn’t like it hahahahahahaha..... he wants a real turtle instead.. lol 

HS looks like a wise husband to all 5 wives 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

4 minutes ago, SeGafanlady said:

Lee meets his people and he swears to protect them all.. Lee wants to make the country a better place for the people.

Queen mother is praying in the temple. wow there are many followers she has! they are all bowing to her and wish her health and long life..  

Queen mother wants to get rid of the king and planning a coup

Lady Kim is dressing HS and of course she can tell the difference between LH and HS from his ear.. oh no! Kim is doubting.. 

King is awaken. He is in that cave where he used to held drug parties.. Jang told him King needs to stay here a bit. King is mad af.. he draws his sword to Jang but Lee Hun lost his power.. he can’t move his arm. he has a stroke! 

poor LH he lost his mind totally. Jang is crying to see his king like that.. 

I'm sorry LH so much maybe its not him that evil but drags, however, they killed his mind and that is Kim's and her mentor  sin.

• Like 6