Quantcast
Jillia

[Current Drama 2019] The Crowned Clown/The Man Who Became King, 광해 / 왕이 된 남자 - Mon & Tue @ 21:30 KST

I am so lost at words by the beauty of the couple... the cinematography.. the music.. every attire they are wearing.. the natural beauty faces...

hwaitiiiing for the live recappers and oow yeahh I know the links will be rather difficult to watch online streaming today but still... good luck to all kind hearted soul live recappers! 

• Like 7

the feelings getting deeper no matter how much Ha Seon trying to hold it in... there is no way his love to Seo Woon can be swayed.. maybe only death can do that.. 

and I don’t get it. what is Sec Lee going to do for a successor? no royal child ever born yet because late King was obsessed with having only legitimate children.. I wonder how Sec Lee thinking about it because Ha Seon will be a king for life now..

our poor couple ottoke.... :tears:

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

The queen expects that she should know the truth that he is a fake king. It's a sad story for both.:heartbreak:

the crowned clown preview ep.11:bawling:
 Credit .. to ..twitter tvnDrama

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

@SeGafanlady How did she find out that HS is not the king ? It seems like she realised from the  difference in the writing ...and she started realising the difference btwn LH & HS

This drama is cruel - they give us a deeper  kiss , then they end the episode like this ?

@nrllee Might be a good idea for you to wait.  I’m in too deep :joy:

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

A translation of the preview.

Sec Lee: All of the things that happened, they are my crimes. (meaning he’s at fault)
HS: That was the first time with a gaze like that. I shouldn’t have gotten close to her in the first place.
Queen: It is not your place to know any more. I hope that I will never see you again.
SCS: This is obviously the work of Heaven who has resolutely decided to help our endeavors.
DQ: Are you saying that the Queen is refusing to be with the King?!
HS: This absolutely can’t be!
Sec Lee: I had decided to make you King, and sworn to protect you!
Sec Lee: Wield the royal seal.

Oh, heartbreak. SW has found out that HS isn't the King who had been her childhood companion and refused him. She seems to be going further by wearing funereal whites, so who knows if she is actually going to betray him to the court. And, it seems that Secretary Lee may be telling HS to set aside SW as his Queen perhaps which is why HS is rebelling? That's just speculation on my part, though.

I'm still in a little shock that this drama actually killed the Lee Hun off. Definitely taking a different tone than the movie version. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Oh nooo. No more lovey dovey scenes between HS and Queen? Can’t they be happy for more episodes, please? :cry:

8 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Oh, heartbreak. SW has found out that HS isn't the King who had been her childhood companion and refused him. She seems to be going further by wearing funereal whites, so who knows if she is actually going to betray him to the court. And, it seems that Secretary Lee may be telling HS to set aside SW as his Queen perhaps which is why HS is rebelling? That's just speculation on my part, though.

I'm still in a little shock that this drama actually killed the Lee Hun off. Definitely taking a different tone than the movie version. :)

So she will be mouning for Lee Hun’s death? Oh no, I hope she won’t do anything stupid that could harm Ha Seon. 

As a viewer who still in denial about Lee Hun,s death, I refuse to believe that he has been killed off. :tounge_wink: maybe with some twists and turns he will be back alive. The story is great now but it will be better with Lee Hun in the mix and besides, 2 Yeo Jin Goo(s) are definitely better than one :heart: i still haven’t gotten Clown-Queen-King love triangle yet. :tounge_wink:

• Like 6

@annie1234 

I was once hoped so... but the black wood tablet (with no names on) in the temple means he passed away.... Sec Lee must be burried Lee Heon’s body  in a secret place... RIP Jheona.

and for ep 10... OMG it feels like me eating jelly beans but suddenly there is a bitter one...  I’ve always known that Queen will finally find out that her husband is not her husband.. I wonder what took her so long actually.... KUDOS to Lee Se Young... her empty but filled with anger gazing when she walked to the king quarter... wow now that is acting on another level...

the preview is so thrilling.. she will openly reject the king and of course in Joseon era, this means divorce but she will be demoted and granted to die with dignity -with sayak-

ottoke... my heart breaks just to think about it.. this drama is killing me.

I have no idea where the story will be heading too.. because tbh I was also shooketh (shock to the max) when Lee Heon was murdered.. that was not in the movie tho.. totally a story changing twist... so daring of the writer nim but from her laugh I can see she wants to make something daebak and memorable for a long time... possible getting many awards too.. this is her golden chance indeed... 

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

5 hours ago, triplem said:

Might be a good idea for you to wait.  I’m in too deep

:grimace:... The Queen sobbing her heart out in that thumbnail... And @stroppyse's translation of the Preview... I'm in a puddle and I haven't even watched last few episodes.

Looks like this drama is still all the rage.  Responses from this article below are positive.  Hopefully now that Seollae is over, it will translate to ratings.  :D.  I love how some KDramas of late have gone back to basics.  After the success of Sky Castle, bigger and more hype is not always better.  A gripping storyline, stellar acting coupled with stunning cinematography, clever camera angles and music score all collaborating to give us a complete picture.  Love it. :wub:  Now if only I have courage enough to step back into the drama...I may well end up like @triplem ... Past the point of no return... I am gonna need my box of tissues handy.  :lol:

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0003129875

Look at this pic by SeYoung on her Insta.  Just breathtaking.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

The competition is tough with many new dramas last night but CC is still ahead 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

I'm so glad she finally knows. She easily figured it all at once when confronted with actual evidences. I'm so sad for Haseon and Sowoon, especially that Sowoon has finally opened up to him. But Yi Kyu is right. He is still living under the shadows of Yi Heon. In the Queen's mind, it's Yi Heon she has fallen for and not Haseon. It's unfair to the Queen, and even Haseon. Imagine loving the wrong person all along... and imagine being a person in love with someone who doesn't love you as you but as someone else. It's so heartbreaking to think and all the romantic scenes were definitely lovely, and I've killed the replay buttons a thousand times with their scenes, but it's all an illusion. And I'm glad the illusion is now broken.

The Queen knows what kind of man Haseon is. That's why she has fallen for him. The betrayal must've hurt her so much. I'm sure this couple will eventually get back together. So yeah, I'll take in whatever the pain is thrown at me atm. 

Can we also talk about the list of boys that have fallen for Haseon's charms? Haseon is a total stan attractor at this point. :lol::wub:

@SeGafanlady I also asked myself that... why doesn't Yi Kyu encourage securing a successor for the King. And what I could only come up with, is he doesn't really intend to keep Haseon in the throne for a long term. It would make sense for me if Yi Heon was still alive so he'd keep Haseon away. But Yi Heon's already gone (although nobody else really knows except Jung Saeng). At the end of the day, he's still using Haseon as his puppet, keeping him safe because Haseon makes all his plans work. Once Yi Kyu has achieved all he wanted, who knows what will happen next.

Also.. in the teaser.. the Queen Dowager ordered to have Sowoon deposed and be given poison for her actions.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, circulate9oo said:

Also.. in the teaser.. the Queen Dowager ordered to have Sowoon deposed and be given poison for her actions.

NOOO... Angry reacts to this piece of news :angry::angry:

At least we only have to wait till tonight to deal with the fall out from the big reveal... Had it been a week's wait it would've been agony.  Imma gonna go back and relive cute scenes of our OTP to tie me over... The hazelnuts... The lingering gazes... The secret knowing smiles... The library :wub:... 

• Sad 4

10 minutes ago, nrllee said:

NOOO... Angry reacts to this piece of news :angry::angry:

At least we only have to wait till tonight to deal with the fall out from the big reveal... Had it been a week's wait it would've been agony.  Imma gonna go back and relive cute scenes of our OTP to tie me over... The hazelnuts... The lingering gazes... The secret knowing smiles... The library :wub:... 

The kisssss~~~

I can't get my mind off it. Our Haseon went back for more! I'm so happy satisfied with the kiss♥♥♥ Last time, it was sweet and innocent. I mean, this is technically, Haseon's first time kissing someone, so I get that it's just lips practically touching kind of kiss.

But then Ep 10 came along... and woah! :wub: This time the kiss is more heartfelt. Kyah, I can't stop gushing about it. I'll embrace Ep 11 with open arms, because I have the  first minutes of Ep 10 to go back to. Heeee

IKR. Ep 10 was supposed to air last week. That wait would be too much to bear. I'm glad we get Ep 11 now.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I'm just gonna share this here... because it gave me feels. 

Looking at the Chinese version of The Crowned Clown.. not that it's really relevant, but Haseon's Chinese name is translated as 河善. It's just so touching how Eunuch Jo sees Haseon as "summer" hence he chose to spell it as 夏仙. He could've chosen to spell it as 河善 or a bunch of other Hanja characters possible, but this is what Haseon is to Eunuch Jo. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Andddddd.... breatheeeeeeee

We all knew this moment was coming, but it’s still sad to watch. We expected that reaction from SW though, so it’ll be interesting to see where OTP is headed. Man o man, judging from the preview next ep, things won’t be going well for SW. DQ (that hag) is really taking advantage of this situation. 

So is it now confirmed that Lady Kim was killed? I’ll sure miss her. 

Well, I guess I’ll just have rewatch the kiss like 10 times so I can live in their happiness

@circulate9ooSame, all that tension and angst awaiting in ep 11, I need it nowwwww

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

8 minutes ago, maplinh said:

So is it now confirmed that Lady Kim was killed? I’ll sure miss her. 

Noooooo.... I refuse to believe it!!!! She's one of my fave characterssssss :tears::tears::tears::tears:

==

As for the Queen Dowager being all out in ruining the King and Sowoon. I just happened to read it, but if you'd look back at Ep 1, Sowoon's father is also one of the people who took part in the interrogation that led to the Queen Dowager's father dying. I mean, it's not right that she's taking it out on Sowoon, and she's really evil for doing what she does, but this is where she's coming from. She's using Sowoon to take revenge on the King and Sowoon's father, by making Sowoon suffer.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

omg! i think the last minute of episode 10 must be the longest. Why does the queen have to be so upright!!!!  when HS was telling SW that he has something to confess and the camera zoomed in on the piece of paper she was holding I HAD HOPED!!! that she would say: " no don't say it i don't want to know all i know is that i love you and she held him tight and they kissed and they made love okay that part was censored:rolleyes: and afterwards he confessed to her and she didn't care and one moon later she became pregnant  hahaha! fat hopes. I'm scared of what's coming in episode 11.  I feel sad for HS him being a tool for the chief sec to achieve his ambitions while HS only wants to protect the woman he loves but now he is being rejected by her. 

i don't where this is heading. I'm curious as to what the chief sec will be telling the queen about HS. If he tells her HS is a fake she would want to know as to the whereabouts of LH. If the chief sec wants HS to continue as the king there is still the drawback of Dal Rae and Gab Soo. I'm going nuts with this!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1