Quantcast
Jillia

[Current Drama 2019] The Crowned Clown/The Man Who Became King, 광해 / 왕이 된 남자 - Mon & Tue @ 21:30 KST

Actress Oh Hanee shared a pic of her filming. I'll translate the caption in the quotation. ^^

Ae Young is filming within the fog :) Yesterday was in Buyeo, tomorrow is Mungyeong, picture is by Mooyeong?  @y.jong.s (thumbs up emojis) #TheManWhoBecameKing fighting ♥

Buyeo and Mungyeong are filming locations and Mooyeong is the name of Yoon Jong Suk's character in the drama. 

EDIT: 

Kim Sang Kyung and Jung Hye Young were also spotted filming 

• Like 2

Asianwiki's title has changed from "Masquerade" to "The Crowned Clown"

And here's the more complete casting list :)

Cast

Yeo Jin-Goo - Clown Ha Sun / King Lee Hun

Lee Se-Young - Queen Yoo So-Woon

Kim Sang-Kyung - Lee Kyu

Kwon Hae-Hyo - Shin Chi-Soo

Jang Gwang - Eunuch Jo

Jung Hye-Young - Woon-Sim

Jang Young-Nam - king's mother

Yun Jong-Seok - Jang Moo-Young

Oh Ha-Nee - Ae-Young

Yoon Kyung-Ho - Kab-Soo

Seo Yoon-A - Sunhwadang

• Like 2

Shin Soo Yun who is playing the role of Ha Seon's (Yeo Jin Goo) younger sister shared some pics on her ig account :) It looks like her role's name is "Dallae" according to her name plate.

Translation:
I've remembered to upload #TheManWhoBecameKing #tvN first script reading. Guess what role I'm playing, guess where that place is.

• Like 2

The first still cut for The Man Who Became King has been released!!!

9H2LroJ.jpg

SOOMPI ARTICLEYeo Jin Goo Is Both A King And A Clown In Upcoming Drama

tvN revealed new photos of Yeo Jin Goo in their upcoming drama, “The Man Who Became King.”

The drama will tell the story of a king who tries to avoid people who wants his life by putting a clown that looks like he could be his twin in his place. It is a remake of the film “Masquerade,” which premiered in 2012.

Yeo Jin Goo will play two roles. He will portray the role of the king, Lee Heon and the clown, Ha Seon. In the revealed photos, he shows the tough and strong images of a king and a bubbly mood of a clown.

The production team of “The Man Who Became King” stated, “Yeo Jin Goo was perfectly immersed in portraying two roles that are completely different. Viewers will be able to see Yeo Jin Goo’s many different charms and his great acting skills in ‘The Man Who Became King.’ Please look forward to Yeo Jin Goo, as he will keep changing his role back and forth like a chameleon.”

“The Man Who Became King” will premiere in the latter half of 2019. Stay tuned for more updates!

• Like 4

Aigoo.... Yeo Jin Gu looking so good in sageuk attire. :D Can't really wait for this drama. And I'm in awe how he manages to film two dramas side by side. I hope filming for Absolute Boyfriend is done soon, so it's not too stressful for him. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

Aigoo.... Yeo Jin Gu looking so good in sageuk attire. :D Can't really wait for this drama. And I'm in awe how he manages to film two dramas side by side. I hope filming for Absolute Boyfriend is done soon, so it's not too stressful for him. 

I agree! And I'm also looking forward to his portrayal of the clown. All his recent sageuks had him playing nobles/royals so I can't wait to see him portraying a lower class man.

• Like 4

On 11/14/2018 at 10:12 AM, circulate9oo said:

Shin Soo Yun who is playing the role of Ha Seon's (Yeo Jin Goo) younger sister shared some pics on her ig account :) It looks like her role's name is "Dallae" according to her name plate.

is the company logo on the right side "GT:st"? as in Kim Kyu Tae PD (Moon Lovers)'s company?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rafael Pascual said:

is the company logo on the right side "GT:st"? as in Kim Kyu Tae PD (Moon Lovers)'s company?

Yes, indeed. :) He's the producer. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, circulate9oo said:

Yes, indeed. :) He's the producer.  

well that's great, "Moon Lovers" was a yes for me although it flopped so hard in SoKor.

• Like 1

Director Kim Heewon's junior, Director Noh Hyungseop sent a coffee truck for The Man Who Became King :) According to the post these are some of the stuff they drank.

Director Kim Heewon - hot americano

Yeo Jingoo - honey lemon quince tea

Lee Seyoung - iced americano

Meanwhile, this is their catering food for Nov 15 filming

I hope the actors and the staff and crew get to eat really well and have great strength filming through the cold weather. 

Spoiler

Jingoo is still filming Absolute Boyfriend as well. I hope he doesn't get sick.

• Like 3

Lee Se Young's first still cuts have been released! :D

neIrwr1.png

Lee Se Young Is A Strong-Minded Queen In Yeo Jin Goo’s Upcoming Historical Drama

Lee Se Young will be the tough Queen of Joseon in tvN’s upcoming historical drama.

“The Man Who Became King” will tell the story of the king who puts a clown who is identical to him in his place in order to avoid people who want to kill him. It is a remake of the film “Masquerade,” which premiered in 2012, starring Lee Byung Hun, Han Hyo Joo, and Ryu Seung Ryong.

Yeo Jin Goo will will portray the role of the king, Lee Heon and the clown, Ha Seon. Lee Se Young will play the queen Yoo So Woon, who captures both the king’s and the clown’s hearts. She will show different images such as the lovely side of a noble woman and the dignity of a queen who is the center of political power.

The production team of “The Man Who Became King” stated, “Lee Se Young’s calm and elegant attitude is increasing the charms of Yoo So Woon. She is perfectly portraying the complex inner thoughts and feelings of Yoo So Woon with great details. Please look forward to being captivated by Lee Se Young’s charms that captured the hearts of Yeo Jin Goo’s two roles.”

tvN’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama, “The Man Who Became King” will premiere on January 7, 2019.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1265975wpp/lee-se-young-strong-minded-queen-yeo-jin-goos-upcoming-historical-drama

==

They are also filming TMWBK today~

Spoiler

Jingoo has been filming ABF the entire day yesterday and now he's back to working on TMWBK. The original filming schedule for ABF was July-October, but the production extended it to November around September... so now Jingoo's filming both dramas back and forth. 

• Like 4

Dramabeans article for the still cuts:

There’s been a dearth of sageuks in dramaland recently, and so I can’t wait for The Man Who Became King, the remake of the 2012 hit film Masquerade (also known as Gwanghae). Recently, still cuts of the two main actors were released, and the gorgeous hanboks are getting me doubly excited! Yeo Jin-gu (Reunited Worlds) stars in a dual role as a Joseon king and also a clown who looks identical to the king. Actress Lee Se-young (Hwayugi) transforms into his gentle but tenacious queen for her role in this drama.

To set the scene, this king is surrounded by enemies who constantly threaten his life. When he’s at the end of his rope, he devises a strategy to escape them. He finds a clown who looks exactly like him, and they end up switching places. To protect the people he loves, the king must fool even the people closest to him, including the queen.

ARTICLE CONTINUATION

==

Child actress Seo Yeonji's agency ABM Ent shared a pic of Seo Yeonji filming for The Man Who Became King with actor Kim Sang Kyung.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, circulate9oo said:

I'm so excited! Our Jusang Jeonha and Jungjeon Mama already looking great together. ♥

me too, they are so beautiful :wub:

• Like 3

Actors from The Money Flower sent coffee truck support for Director Kim Heewon last night. And today Minah sent a coffee truck for Yeo Jin Goo saying Jingoo made her do it. XD

• Like 3