Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

26 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:
Spoiler

No. She was quiet the whole time, only observing. But she walked nearer, so she definitely heard NWS's cries and wailing.

She isn't too far behind him, so I wouldn't be surprised if next episode we see more from this scene. I do hope CWB is aware of her presence, otherwise it's just :blink: for me if she gets the upper hand again.

And this writer loves giving her the upper hand...

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

I am watching episode 13 and laughed soooo hard during the

Spoiler

Laundry in the room fall and catch scene - oy my stomach hurts

Other thoughts as I watched:

- ahhh like we all guessed - they faked grandma’s will. I will love the alliance of Crown Prince + crazy Princess + Sunny vs Queen Mom + Emperor. The goofy instant coffee scenes lol 

- WB stealing from the safe and pin it on Yura and the bloody bed set-up are great moves. Finally!

- ahhhh Yura is ALIVE but oh what is it Re the scenes in the room? Torture?!? Ewww. Hmmm WB and LH together for revenge is scary! I know she was evil but this scene was also hard to watch. It amazing that she still thinks she has a chance with LH right? OMG WS almost running her over with a car but didn’t! I don’t want him to go full evil for the sake of revenge so phew him not doing it. What does he have plan for her though? 

- Oh Queen Mom is hitting on a young lad who turns into a fan of the Crown Prince’s writings reflecting her crime lol 

- Ugh another torture scene Re the court lady but lucky that they rescued her. Was it too soon to reveal their card and that the Queen mom killed grandma. Ohhh surprised that Yura popped up as witness for Sunny!

oh LH did kill his own granny and set up his crazy mom?!? 

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Happy to inform you that there is a little progress with their relationship.... but little or much is a relative term, I guess. For me, it was good progress ;)

Hahaha, I have been thinking the same thing... but because this is makjang genre, we have to throw logic out of the window...

I am dead. Her hair should have been gray, broke off, and smelling like pork skins with all that heat!

• LOL 5

Am late to the game guys! But just wanted to clarify - is Dong Shik the son of Wang Shik? Or is the boy just from a one night stand that MYR had? 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

I am pretty disgusted  at a evil person like LH trying to act lovey dovey  with a person he tried  to kill.

It aint cute its creep as heck he is a monster lets not forget.

Agree..i cant find him cute at all..eventhough it is because of how he was brought up..still crime is crime..so many life were sacrifice. 

The sadness of NWS and Sunny is too depth to be felt. Especially tonite when saw NWS crying looking for his mom body:bawling:..next sunny omma

4 minutes ago, Miss_Unicorn said:

Am late to the game guys! But just wanted to clarify - is Dong Shik the son of Wang Shik? Or is the boy just from a one night stand that MYR had? 

Dong shik is min yura's son..not related with nws

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am sure there will be a romantic line down the road... because if the description of Sunny's character out there is correct, she is supposed to find true love in the end. And actually there have been hints of them developing good feelings and admiration towards each other. I believe there will be more bonding as they interact more, but again, it's not something that I would focus on while watching this. I agree with you that there will usually be subtle romantic lines within even a revenge or war themed dramas. I'm only sharing my pov so that people won't have too high expectation for it from this drama as one can probably be disappointed.

.... maybe this is one of those dramas where the MVs of scenes like him hugging her or them hiding set to some romantic music will have us all feeling the romantic beat more than the actual drama :sweatingbullets:...

but laughed when emperor was sprouting real life logic that has no application in this drama.

emperor: "wait, she likes you already? but you pushed her off the cliff."

rocky bear "ah, she knows you ordered that. now, she is grateful that I saved her."

emperor: "grateful? so fast? she is too simple." ...

when we see it from that angle, it is actually pretty funny that sunny and rocky bear would fall in love. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, Miss_Unicorn said:

It was not revealed regarding who is DS’s father. Yura just came back pregnant. It is not WS’s baby and that is why his mom took the baby in as a little brother to WS etc.

@mrsj3n I don’t blame the writer. Many real life psychos also had charming traits that enabled them to lure their victims etc. I think it show a complex character for LH. Totally agree though that he is not redeemable and so eww Re anyone still trying to ship him with any lady. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, stella77 said:

@mrsj3n I don’t blame the writer. Many real life psychos also had charming traits that enabled them to lure their victims etc. I think it show a complex character for LH. Totally agree though that he is not redeemable and so eww Re anyone still trying to ship him with any lady. 

I not mad at the writer or anything just  saying thats how some peoepl are in real life it so creepy how they can switch like that.

What is gross is I see people elsewhere  still trying to shipped them like you said.

• Like 6

tbh i dont really care about romance in this drama lol.. i just wanna know how they’re gonna bring the palace down.. there are so many interesting secrets and mysteries to this drma that makes me forget about romance between OTP.. 

can someone tell me what the heck is the blue liquid that ED injected into nanny’s vein? is that some sort of birth control liquid or something? 

• Like 6

@stella77 Nah. Not blaming the writer.

Perhaps it is just me feeling disappointed that they have to go to that route to make a villian "likeable".

I can't find it in him as a tortured soul.

He is a problem child wearing an adult clothes. 

No puppy eyes look can ever redeem his wrongs.

MYR is evil from the start and still maintaining her stance as an evil witch. And I am enjoying every moment of her being tortured or in pain for all her schemings and hurting Sunny.

So what's so special about the emperor?

He may find "real love" with Sunny in the end but no. I don't want Sunny to end up with him.

He deserves to die and rot alone. And not drag and drown the beautiful Sunny.

All I want is for Sunny to fart in his face and walk away from him to find her own happiness.

Btw, anyone else feel the creeps with the way ED is controlling the Emperor?

The "mother love" is scary and it made me think otherwise especially when she tried to seduce the young scholar in her chamber.

Ewwwwwwwwwwww

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

Synopsis from ODK

In an alternate universe where Korea is under a constitutional monarchy, the heroine, Oh Sunny is an unknown actor who has been admiring the Emperor Lee Huyk for a long time. Her life changes when she accidentally saves his life. As the new Empress, she arrives the court with hope for the future. But the reality around her is never sunshine and rainbows. The Emperor, nation's most loved and respected figure, is corrupted. The court is also full of corruption and injustice. She allied with Cheon Woo-bin, who aims Lee Hyuk for his mother's revenge, and decides to stand up against the monarch. Even though she has the title, she is an average person with no political power. With Woo-bin's love and devotion and her will to fight, there might be a chance to break down the dark castle.

https://www.ondemandkorea.com/the-last-empress-e13.html

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, nakatsubebe said:

Thanks @ktcjdrama! The streaming sucks now. I think we have the same streaming site which we have to refresh every 15 minutes and we basically would miss about 15 seconds of the broadcast. SBS may have discovered the previous site and now it is gone :( And now, we are basically stuck with what SBS can provide us...oh well. Better than none LOL

Reveal hidden contents

When Lee hyuk had an accident 10 years ago, he required a rare type of blood. The blood was supposed to be transfused to Sunny's mother but was transfused to Lee Hyuk instead. So, Sunny's mom died because she did not get the blood.

Thanks for filling in the part I missed! That's what I thought happened too....

I think the refreshing of stream was faster than 15 minutes... maybe every 3 or 5 minutes... In the past, I've had no cut at all, then with another channel of having to refresh but very short ads. We can actually subscribe to watch, but not able to read the instructions so I didn't even try, and I don't know if they will require a local phone number or not.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

tbh i dont really care about romance in this drama lol.. i just wanna know how they’re gonna bring the palace down.. there are so many interesting secrets and mysteries to this drma that makes me forget about romance between OTP.. 

can someone tell me what the heck is the blue liquid that ED injected into nanny’s vein? is that some sort of birth control liquid or something? 

I totally agree that TLE storyline is so intense , coming from multiple perspective of the characters on the GED’s murder case, make me wanna solve the mystery and forget about the romance momentarily .. but still very looking forward to Sunny and CWB budding romance

I am guessing that the blue/green liquid injection is some chemical that results in infertility when overdose ? 

Last but but not least, wish to share my two cents worth opinion , in last episode CWB ask a wish from the LH, I wonder if he would request for Sunny ? And would princess Sojin also play a part to in this mystery , cos she always have some critical yet no one know information ? 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, scarletlover1 said:

Is the OTP finally happening? Are we finally getting down to it? Because it took long enough!

I have the same feeling. When are we going to have some romance between Sunny and  Wang Sik / Woo Bin? Or maybe, aren't we going to watch it?

I love how many kisses this drama has, and now, I want one between the empress and the bodyguard :rolleyes:!

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

One more non-OTP kiss being served tonight :joy:... everyone’s getting a kiss accept CJH. 

Don’t know bout you all , I’m just dying for some romance btwn WB & Sunny.  Every little step is like progress . I’m a hopeless romantic- even in crime dramas , I hope for some :P. To me when the leads begin to connect emotionally, that’s the beginning of something..kkkkkk . 

I can’t understand why people would want to ship LH with Sunny. It’s important he falls for her, she can then get her revenge . But no actual romance pls. What I do enjoy though is SSR ‘s comic timing . He’s been really top notch in his performance .

This scene was hilarious 

• Like 12
  • LOL 2

8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

So it seems that the island is where ED threw and buried all her enemies....? And is no one going to comment on how disgusting she is trying to seduce the young scholarship recipient? Yuck and double ewws....<_<

Because we've blocked the scene from our minds.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

I haven't watch this week's episode because I tend to want to wait until the week ends and then binge on the show. :)

Just some random thoughts. I think in some way, Ari is lucky to have Sunny. I believe, if Sunny hadn't come along, Ari might grow up as broken as LH. Ari was not physically abuse, but she was emotionally abuse because of neglect. The emperor, who she wants to impress, always ignored her...the princess, whom she thought was her mom, never cared for her. She starves for affection and sincerity...not submission. Nor did she understand the err of her ways since no one taught her that "she can be wrong and that one must admit to one's wrong." Sunny caught her before she is beyond helping, and Ari is lucky to have someone help guide her and nurture her correctly in the cold palace. 

As for LH, I still believe he is a broken man. He is so broken that it's pitiful. Yes, he's ruthless, disgusting, dangerous, and deranged...and I believe wholeheartedly he should be punished for the crime he had committed. But, I can't help but pity him for turning into the man he had become due to his circumstance and upbringing. His dad abused him when he was young. He grew up in a "dog eats dog" environment where the survival of the best is needed or else it would mean his death (die by his father's abuse). He knows his mother is insincere with her affection when she is so willing to discard him when he didn't meet her expectation, and he developed a deep rooted inferiority complex. He didn't have a good role model, as his father nor his mother were good models to him. And I am sure, his lack of value of other human lives stem from witnessing his mother and father torturing, demeaning, and executing other servants in the past. 

He found only one form of solace and that was with his first wife. Through her, he found the first genuine love he had ever experienced. When he thought she "had betrayed him," his was mad with anger which caused him to push her into the river and stood there in a daze. He genuinely grief over her death as he called out to her by the river bed (or was it a pond?), and that incident shattered this broken man even further. 

I think Sunny would be his ray of light. He's beyond redeeming, that's for sure.

Spoiler

Glad that the recent episode shows that he didn't kill his grandmother, as I said I doubt that he did. 

But it seems that Sunny will teach him to look at things and situation in another perspective. Sunny will teach him to become a better man...and from that end, he would understand how fallen he had become. 

And to me, I think Yura is worst than LH because she grew up with a loving foster mom...but opted to become evil for the sake of herself. 

Lol...I'm more interested in LH's outcome and the outcome of the plot than CWB/NWS and Sunny's romance. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, 0timelost said:

I haven't watch this week's episode because I tend to want to wait until the week ends and then binge on the show. :)

Just some random thoughts. I think in some way, Ari is lucky to have Sunny. I believe, if Sunny hadn't come along, Ari might grow up as broken as LH. Ari was not physically abuse, but she was emotionally abuse because of neglect. The emperor, who she wants to impress, always ignored her...the princess, whom she thought was her mom, never cared for her. She starves for affection and sincerity...not submission. Nor did she understand the err of her ways since no one taught her that "she can be wrong and that one must admit to one's wrong." Sunny caught her before she is beyond helping, and Ari is lucky to have someone help guide her and nurture her correctly in the cold palace. 

As for LH, I still believe he is a broken man. He is so broken that it's pitiful. Yes, he's ruthless, disgusting, dangerous, and deranged...and I believe wholeheartedly he should be punished for the crime he had committed. But, I can't help but pity him for turning into the man he had become due to his circumstance and upbringing. His dad abused him when he was young. He grew up in a "dog eats dog" environment where the survival of the best is needed or else it would mean his death (die by his father's abuse). He knows his mother is insincere with her affection when she is so willing to discard him when he didn't meet her expectation, and he developed a deep rooted inferiority complex. He didn't have a good role model, as his father nor his mother were good models to him. And I am sure, his lack of value of other human lives stem from witnessing his mother and father torturing, demeaning, and executing other servants in the past. 

He found only one form of solace and that was with his first wife. Through her, he found the first genuine love he had ever experienced. When he thought she "had betrayed him," his was mad with anger which caused him to push her into the river and stood there in a daze. He genuinely grief over her death as he called out to her by the river bed (or was it a pond?), and that incident shattered this broken man even further. 

I think Sunny would be his ray of light. He's beyond redeeming, that's for sure.

Hide contents

Glad that the recent episode shows that he didn't kill his grandmother, as I said I doubt that he did. 

But it seems that Sunny will teach him to look at things and situation in another perspective. Sunny will teach him to become a better man...and from that end, he would understand how fallen he had become. 

And to me, I think Yura is worst than LH because she grew up with a loving foster mom...but opted to become evil for the sake of herself. 

Lol...I'm more interested in LH's outcome and the outcome of the plot than CWB/NWS and Sunny's romance. :sweatingbullets:

Both CWB and LH have to die for all the killings going on. It's a setup for LH to do something selfless when he does get killed. YR will become a monk somewhere because these dramas do that stuff to make us crazy.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

I feel like the writer wants to focus more on SN and LH than SN and WB because she wants LH to fall for her first. History is going to repeat itself so LH is going to fall hard for SN and go mad when she and WB become closer. Will he also try to kill her by that lake? And will this be before or after he finds out that WB is WS? I just wish this writer would have made LH fall for her sooner if this is the case.

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Happy to inform you that there is a little progress with their relationship.... but little or much is a relative term, I guess. For me, it was good progress ;)

Hahaha, I have been thinking the same thing... but because this is makjang genre, we have to throw logic out of the window...

Yes, that's true! It was a very special little moment between them. Please writer-nim keep it up! My poor heart feels a little pacified)

But you would be laughing, chingue. My heart starts fluttering at LH's vulnerability.  These little moments at the end of the episode has left even bigger impression. What a bad fate binds him and Sunni. If only things could have been different, if only...

I wonder is there at least a little chance for him to realize his sins and sincerely feel remorse? That would have been the gratest victory of hers if Sunni would be able to reach out his conscience and remnants of his sanity if by chance there are still any left. Not just punish LH but make him understand.

Seriously though I know what a rotten person LH is but I feel pain and sadness. Another victim of his parents, another ruined life. This is just too sad.

This whole episode had a lot of good meaningful scenes and some new revelations: WS and Sunni, Sunni and princess Ari and ofc Sunni and LH.

p.s. I'm catching up on the posts and I would like to say, guys the writer doesn't try to make LH lovable. Rather she tries to explain why he turned out to be the way he is now. It's not redeeming of him but it's also much more deeper than simply dividing everything into black & white. No one is born evil.

And I guess that's what the writer tries to show. That even love can create a monster if it's twisted.

• Like 15