Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

@philosophie  @booha

my mom cant really type on her phone lol..the screen is too small for her.. if she really has a soompi acc, she will make me type every single alphabet if she wants to post something on this thread haha..  but yeah she’ pretty cool lol  :sweatingbullets:

@Lmanglai’ll read the available options to her when i go home this weekend.. :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

@Lmangla if i have to really choose, i would rather that nws himself reveal who he is 

not because he is dim or just to rash

instead he will reveal himself to sunny on his own willingness

knowing that he and sunny are allies and fighting toward the same goal

and he finally realised that sunny is not one of the bad guy, and she can be trusted

i am not willing to let myr or lh have more upper hand in this battle

and having myr knowing first who is nws seems plausible and more make sense

but i just dont want it

same with letting the empress dowager finding out nws's real identity before anyone else

they both will surely use that information for their own advantages

so if that were to happen

i want nws to have an ally already with oh sunny

still in my holiday vacation now

only now i have some time to come to this thread

looking forward for tomorrow's ep

and hopefully i got to watch it as soon as i possibly can

happy watching peeps!

• Like 4

Watch: “The Last Empress” Cast Has Fun Hanging Out Between Takes

by R. Jun

e65fc743a6404c1fb28cc4d0cba05213.jpeg?s=

December 4, SBS’s “The Last Empress” released a new behind-the-scenes reel.

In the opening scenes, we see Choi Jin Hyuk preparing for an action scene. The actor goes over fight choreography with a stuntman and takes care of his partner, making sure to brush dirt off of him and periodically ask if he is okay.

The cast then celebrates Shin Sung Rok’s 36th birthday with a small party prepared by Jang Nara.

During the wedding scene between Jang Nara and Shin Sung Rok in the drama, Shin Sung Rok teases Jang Nara, saying that with her headdress, she’s now two meters and seven centimeters tall.

Jang Nara and Choi Jin Hyuk discuss how to prevent breath condensation in the cold weather, and in between takes, Jang Nara hangs out and snacks with the elder royalty in the drama.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1273521wpp/watch-last-empress-cast-fun-hanging-takes

• Like 7

On 12/3/2018 at 10:48 AM, nubianlegalmind said:

She shouldn't be with him because she works for him. When you accept a position like that, you are accepting responsibility and pledging loyalty to the royal that you assist. This is not an opportunity for you to get hitched. 

You forgot one more thing. Her and Wang Shik never officially broke up. So she's basically two timing as well.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

16 hours ago, Matilda_Anne said:

@philosophie  @booha

my mom cant really type on her phone lol..the screen is too small for her.. if she really has a soompi acc, she will make me type every single alphabet if she wants to post something on this thread haha..  but yeah she’ pretty cool lol  :sweatingbullets:

@Lmanglai’ll read the available options to her when i go home this weekend.. :D

@Lmangla  said: matilda_anne -- am curious to see what your mom would pick from this poll. hahahaha... but yea, i can understand you wanting a place where your mom is not there.

Huum  I’m beginning to be curious what your mom would think about it.  Maybe you could be her surrogate and answer on behalf of her haha  You might enjoy dual soompi activities of you and your mom.  haha  okay okay  I don’t recommend anyone for soompi as a place for joint family activity.  haha :mrgreen::naughty:

**CJH will be on vlive tonight(12/5, 9:30 pm KST)  before the show.

https://www.vlive.tv/video/102412

Spoiler

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

8 Reasons We’re Even More Hooked On “The Last Empress” After Episodes 5-8

by hgordon

c93668f410b442ea9a8c1913cb6bb836.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “The Last Empress” had such a shocking and suspenseful premiere that we were eagerly waiting to see how the drama would follow up in its second week. Would it continue to wow with the action and plot twists? Or would it try to do too much, and crash and burn in an overdramatic blaze of glory?

Well, episodes 5-8 were certainly dramatic, but in the best possible way: “The Last Empress” knows how to keep us on the edge of our seats with one sensational scene after another, and how to poke fun at itself when it borders on too absurd. This is exactly the kind of over-the-top action that we can’t look away from, so here are eight reasons why we’re even more obsessed with “The Last Empress” after week two!

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1272279wpp/8-reasons-even-hooked-last-empress-episodes-5-8

• Like 7

This drama never fails to amuse me...I like how they throw caution to the wind and making  it as sensational as possible. Did you realise how clever the writer is in creating dramatic irony. One moment a reporter says how the Imperial household is keeping the wedding low key as a good example for its citizens, next thing you know someone decides that lifting her up on a decorated crane is the best way to celebrate the new empress. And honestly the secret service/ palace guards were pretty slow , they easily let her hang there for a good 5 mins - I was amused that they were too busy blocking people from going to her instead of trying to get her to let go and catch her :D . Of course this was to prepare the way for a dramatic rescue by our rocky bear .

And no,  the craziness does not end there . The emperor decides to create good publicity and do some damage control  by having his very own edition of We Got Married :joy:. I thought this is such a smart move. And dear Oh Sunny , in complete fangirl mode, still swooning over the Emperor. I am so looking forward to her finding out she has been duped. Jang Nara is a great actress, so i believe her when she says after eps 6 the tables will turn. 

So just a note about  YuRa and the actress playing her. For me she's really the scene stealer when she appears. In revenge melodramas , I am a big fan of villains that are complex and have  some layers to their character.  Not that I approve of what they do, but it is always juicier and gives the plot more substance when the antagonists are as interesting as the heroes. If you had watched Lee Mi Sook in Money Flower or Lee Hye Young who plays Cha Moon Sook in Lawless Lawyer, you will see that the villain is not just a tool to make the protagonist look good. These actresses played their characters with conviction and their roles were not one dimensional . They had their own stories to tell which made the watch a lot more fun. So Lee Elijah's  Yu Ra is giving me the same vibes, hence unlike others I actually enjoy watching her scenes. 

@Lmangla I want the option that is most OTT...because that is what the drama has been  so far...OPTION 4 :tounge_xd: 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

Jang Nara Tries To Win The Emperor’s Heart In “The Last Empress”

by S. Park

7c2735f4fc0c4a63905a1eeeb62e0c80.jpeg?s=

Jang Nara is on a mission of seduction!

On December 5, SBS’s “The Last Empress” unveiled new stills of Jang Nara in the upcoming episode.

The actress currently appears as a musical actress named Oh Sunny who becomes an empress after getting married to the emperor. Her silly, bubbly appearance and sincere love for the emperor have won over viewers.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1273757wpp/jang-nara-tries-win-emperors-heart-last-empress

Choi Jin Hyuk And Shin Sung Rok Test Their Swordsmanship In “The Last Empress”

by J. Lim
fbdd8aa0e04141998202f20d6eab578a.jpeg?s=

Choi Jin Hyuk and Shin Sung Rok are about to get viewers’s hearts racing with a charismatic action scene in SBS’s “The Last Empress”!

In “The Last Empress,” Choi Jin Hyuk plays the role of Na Wang Shik/Chun Woo Bin, who becomes an imperial bodyguard after vowing revenge, while Shin Sung Rok plays the role of Emperor Lee Hyuk.

The upcoming episode will follow the two as they engage in a battle of swordsmanship. The new stills show the duo locked in a fierce battle, their competitive streak coming through as they dodge each other’s blows and try to get the upper hand. The scene is said to be riveting as the two characters move like bolts of lightning to create a fast-paced, exciting scene.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1273889wpp/choi-jin-hyuk-shin-sung-rok-test-swordsmanship-last-empress
  • Like 3

not to sound like a pervert, but do you guys think the hot hunk bodyguard will ever show his abs in this drama? *asking for a friend** (not) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Hi guys!

Anyone willing to give a live update??? Can't wait till dramacool decides to upload the video!!!!!

• Like 3

omo the emperor and sunny had sex!.. yura was upset so she smashed photo frame and hurt her hand.. the hot hunk bodyguard saw yura.. the emperor called yura after the sex lol and the hot hunk bodyguard heard their conversation.. he knows now.. and he saw yura’s handbag.. he remembered the bag is the same bag he saw inside the house in the wood.. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

poor hot hunk bodyguard.. he was crying as he was getting flashback.. yura was pregnant with her son **i dunno whos the father coz i dont understand korean.. but fat wangshik took them in.. fat wang shik kissed yura on her lips lololol.. flashback ends. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

wth the emperor and sunny went to a party and sunny started singing and dancing lolzz and it was broadcasted on tv.. emperor started to like sunny i think coz he smiled while looking at her.. yura was furious. end

sorry guys i only saw a few parts of today’s ep.. not the whole ep.. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

omo the emperor and sunny had sex!.. 

Really... that is sad and stupid. I don´t see how people even care for romance anymore when they are doing this. trowing scenes like that without building the romance at least. I am out of here.  so for those that like this show enjoy :) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

hot hunk bodyguard was really sad so he went to see jedi master.. he and dongshik cried in the rain ** i dunno why.. 

the moustache man is suspicious of hot hunk now. he asked someone about him..

and emperor, yura and his mother were fighting and grandma heard the commotion. she summoned yura into her room. dunno what happens next.. and that’s it from me guys coz the stream lagged so much.. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Tonight's episode was so good :) Can't wait for tomorrow's episode.

Looking forward to more Oh Sunny and Na Wang Sik Scenes:)

• Like 4

@Matilda_Anne thank you for the live updates :) I only saw it halfway. I'm quite amused because our writer is throwing everything there now :lol: There is drama, murder, thriller, sex, action, comedy, musical, and now there is also anime :lol: I wonder what's next...

1544021583_1419860.jpg

EDIT: Currently, the drama is on top of real time naver search. Curiosity amongst korean viewers is increasing :) Let's see what tomorrow's ratings shows.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

11 minutes ago, nakatsubebe said:

@Matilda_Anne thank you for the live updates :) I only saw it halfway. I'm quite amused because our writer is throwing everything there now :lol: There is drama, murder, thriller, sex, action, comedy, and now there is also anime :lol: I wonder what's next...

shin sung rok literally kisses everyone in this drama.. the mother, yura, sunny, the first wife..

this drama should be called ‘the lusty emperor’ lol..

poor sunny she is so in love with the emperor. hope she will go on a rampage and kill him after she finds out what’s really going on in the palace hahaha

• LOL 7