Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

I watch episode 7 last night and I do not know where to begin with my comments.

My strongest reaction was to YR.  I understand she grew up in poverty, and did not have anything, and the hopes of becoming the king's mistress/empress were enticing.  However, YR knew that if the royals found out she had a child, she could never be anymore than a booty call.  I do not know if YR promised to marry  Na, Wank Sik; but his mother and he were under impression that she was his girlfriend and future wife.  The character of YR is a user and she devoid of real human emotions.  She does not love the emperor, she never loved NWS.  Although I have no love lost for the emperor, I think that given a chance and space, he would fall for Sunny.  Sunny is naive; however, she is a breath of fresh air in the palace.  Just Suni's presence has brought live back to the palace.  The Lee Hyuk does not love Sunny and she knows that, but she intrigues him, she does the unexpected.  It think that is why YR acted in the despicable way she did in the the massage room.  If you noticed, the emperor did not seek her, YR sought out LH because he would have been more discreet because he is now married.  YR wants to hurt Sunny, she is trying to mark, like a dog, her territory, the territory is not hers.  When YR get finish debasing herself with the emperor, Sunny is still the empress. Lee Hyuk might not turn down the booty, and does not love the empress, but he is going to protect her has his wife.   

The love scenes between the Emperor and YR are tacky, tasteless and steamy :D, but I am not put off by them because it explains YR's character and how she thinks.  The make-out scenes were not written just because the writer wanted add some racy scenes, those scenes help us to define YR.  We all know how men think, therefore, the emperor responding to YR is no surprise and the scenes do not bother me.

When I was young, my mother explained(drilled) to me the difference between men and women, it is unfair (thank God for the "me too" movement); however, it is true.  Woman are precious jewels; perhaps it's because we bring forth life.  By my mother's teaching once the emperor decided to marry Sunny, YR should have walked away.  Even if LH came to YR, her answer should have been no.  The

character of YR has no self respect and in her quest, to get back at the queen mother and show Sunny, she has the emperor, she lost her dignity. Do I feel sorry for whatever happens to YR...the answer is no.

The grandmother was so funny, I like her.  She was hilarious in the family's restaurant.  I love her character.

• Like 6

kekeke... so caught up on this week:

-- what is with rocky bear? he threatened to burn down jedi master's house? LOL. I was like "umm, this is not the way to ask for anyone's help!" :lol:

-- rocky bear continues to diet and exercise. but he doesn't seem too impressed with sunny. and yura didn't notice his hotness... ^_^

-- why does jedi master know so much martial arts and knowledge that the palace is dangerous? and how does he manage to come up with a fake ID for rocky bear while living in the mountains?...

-- like everyone here, am really confused by queen mother. is she even his mother? she seems so strangely possessive like the emperor is her lover and so no one can have him. and he seems to be downright scared of her. why?

-- @ktcjdrama like you said there are at least 2 murders (the royal guard from seven years ago, and then his brother at the police station) that links directly to queen mother. so is the first wife also related to her? and why does she think that sunny is the perfect prey? what exactly is her great master plan?

-- had to laugh when everyone looked at queen mother as a potential suspect behind the crane malfunctioning. kekeke.. @ChewyChocolate ~ she totally seems to be enjoying herself with all those expressions no? she comes across like a weirdly petulant child who is super dangerous....

-- @stella77 ~ while the grandmother is sharp, her power seems limited?. she wasn't surprised that queen mother might plot stuff like drown yura in cement but she is not doing much to prevent it either. kind of confusing....

-- @Matilda_Anne @triplem ~ I don't mind the erotic scenes either but something that confuses me is the emperor's affections. he seems to be genuinely taken with yura? is it because he sees her as a threat to queen mother and therefore, a good sidekick? they seem to be having fun though even if yura is happily using him.

-- and who is airport boy? some relative of first wife? does anyone wonder if the body they found in beginning of ep 1 is perhaps first wife instead?

and is this marriage legal? since the ceremony was abruptly stopped halfway through, is it one of those weird situations where they are kind of married but not really?

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke... so caught up on this week:

-- what is with rocky bear? he threatened to burn down jedi master's house? LOL. I was like "umm, this is not the way to ask for anyone's help!" :lol:

-- rocky bear continues to diet and exercise. but he doesn't seem too impressed with sunny. and yura didn't notice his hotness... ^_^

-- why does jedi master know so much martial arts and knowledge that the palace is dangerous? and how does he manage to come up with a fake ID for rocky bear while living in the mountains?...

-- like everyone here, am really confused by queen mother. is she even his mother? she seems so strangely possessive like the emperor is her lover and so no one can have him. and he seems to be downright scared of her. why?

-- @ktcjdrama like you said there are at least 2 murders (the royal guard from seven years ago, and then his brother at the police station) that links directly to queen mother. so is the first wife also related to her? and why does she think that sunny is the perfect prey? what exactly is her great master plan?

-- had to laugh when everyone looked at queen mother as a potential suspect behind the crane malfunctioning. kekeke.. @ChewyChocolate ~ she totally seems to be enjoying herself with all those expressions no? she comes across like a weirdly petulant child who is super dangerous....

-- @stella77 ~ while the grandmother is sharp, her power seems limited?. she wasn't surprised that queen mother might plot stuff like drown yura in cement but she is not doing much to prevent it either. kind of confusing....

-- @Matilda_Anne @triplem ~ I don't mind the erotic scenes either but something that confuses me is the emperor's affections. he seems to be genuinely taken with yura? is it because he sees her as a threat to queen mother and therefore, a good sidekick? they seem to be having fun though even if yura is happily using him.

-- and who is airport boy? some relative of first wife? does anyone wonder if the body they found in beginning of ep 1 is perhaps first wife instead?

and is this marriage legal? since the ceremony was abruptly stopped halfway through, is it one of those weird situations where they are kind of married but not really?

That boy at the airport is the younger brother of the emperor,he was probably sent abroad after the first empress incident

• Like 5

I have to be honest that it was hard for me to watch the scenes between the emperor and Sunny but i cannot stop being curious with the storyline.  Why is Rocky bear, thanks @Lmangla for the cute nick, not see that Yu Ra is into the Emperor :crazy:?  Well, at least we have some mystery to look forward too: what happened to the last empress and the security guard?  Is the security guard related to the master who trained rocky bear? It seems that he knows alot about the palace. Also why is the brother got sent away and didn’t want his mother to see him?  So all in all, it still has a potential for me to keep watching ^_^

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

i feel so bad for sunny when she was hanging for dear life from the crane.. i feel bad coz i cant stop laughing.. literally nobody did anything to save her.. and the emperor and his family left to protect themselves... luckily for her, the hot hunk bodyguard came forward.. why on earth you put the future empress on a freaking crane on her wedding day??it’s mind boggling.. didnt anybody think of safety? i guess not.. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

kekekek.... we usually get fan service from male lead with shower angst scene but here we got fan service when villain emperor instead who arises from tub for his massage and we get to see his abs. hey, but we are not complaining!!! hahahaha.... @triplem ~ did you like? ^_^ ... hopefully we will see the hard work of rocky bear too?

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

kekekek.... we usually get fan service from male lead with shower angst scene but here we got fan service when villain emperor instead who arises from tub for his massage and we get to see his abs. hey, but we are not complaining!!! hahahaha.... @triplem ~ did you like? ^_^ ... hopefully we will see the hard work of rocky bear too?

Lol! It was alright. SSR did work hard . I always appreciate fan service  :P

@Matilda_Anne Get where you’re coming from . All those trashy scenes may be hard to stomach but I think it’s to paint a picture of the sort of relationship the emperor has with Yu Ra . It’s one based on lust , deception & manipulation.

I am waiting for rocky bear transformation . . Watching the subbed episodes now.  Be back with more thoughts 

1 hour ago, Matilda_Anne said:

can anyone teach me how to post pic on soompi thread? helpp ~-_-

You need to host the pic on a third party site - I recommend imgur . Then use the imgur link and paste here . Not possible to post pics directly from phone or pc

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

kekeke... @triplem ~ can I request abs pics for our emperor villain then? it seems such a waste if we don't appreciate his hard work just because he is the villain. hahahahaha!!!!! feel like emperor villain needs a nickname. hmmm.....

EDIT: P.S ~ chingus, need your help: need kpop/kdrama suggestions for december birthday post on themes of individuality, blue, sea, calm, winter...

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

9 minutes ago, triplem said:

You need to host the pic on a third party site - I recommend imgur . Then use the imgur link and paste here . Not possible to post pics directly from phone or pc

thanks! will try. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Lmangla said:

The Boy is Lee Hyuk's younger brother and the next line will inherit the throne who have runaway from royal family to America (maybe he fell will be killed for throne war). He will become the employee in Sunny's family restaurant and have love line with Hello (Sunny's sister).

Queen mother choose Sunny become the Queen I think because she is innocent and clueless who is easily control. (but we will see...)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

kekeke... @triplem ~ can I request abs pics for our emperor villain then? it seems such a waste if we don't appreciate his hard work just because he is the villain. hahahahaha!!!!! feel like emperor villain needs a nickname. hmmm.....

EDIT: P.S ~ chingus, need your help: need kpop/kdrama suggestions for december birthday post on themes of individuality, blue, sea, calm, winter...

I’ll be happy to but I can’t find YT links of it . SBS blocks a lot of the vids in my region. I use YTLinks to make the gif . 

My internet is so crappy today . Takes me so long to watch an episode. But wow eps 3 left me speechless. A million things happened. Sunny putting that ad hoc cringey performance. Yu ra getting the cement treatment. Mother empress shows she’s not to be messed with . The emperor showing he still has to be mama’s boy . The emperor cringing underneath cause he had to “sincerely “ woo Sunny . ( the whole musical thing cracked me up :lol:) And to TOP it all off - the Nam Sik - Woo Bin upgrade ! Daebak. This writer is merciless & unapologetic in offending your senses

by the way is that little girl , Emperor’s Daughter from 1st marriage ? 

@ktcjdrama One bag of popcorn won’t be enough for this drama 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

1 minute ago, triplem said:

by the way is that little girl , Emperor’s Daughter from 1st marriage ? 

she seems to be his niece; the daughter of his sister? half sister? ...

1 minute ago, triplem said:

Yu ra getting the cement treatment.

makes it sound like she was getting a really rough facial! :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

is it going to be like sorry i love you where the ML got shot in the head but somehow survived but again still got a bullet stuck on his head that will later make him sick and dying? either both got this revenge scheme and that stuck-on-his-head bullet that will later "act" like a cancer. oh cmon, i love melodrama with such plot but then again does this have a melodrama genre tag too?

this drama is good i freakin love the suspense beyond all those ridiculous transformation and whatsoever. but i think the "royal family" thing better just be a wealthy family, a conglomerate. it makes no sense for the royals to have so much time to slack around having sex, go to the pub, drunken and kill someone for an EMPEROR moreover. lee hyuk even got time to sit behind his desk receiving and calling staffs and guests, is he a company director? there are so many great tv show about the royals of england, let's say to be taken as an example, unless the writer is intentionally making up the story this way

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Woo Bin needs to wise up soon. He’s still thinking that YR is his love but poor him hasn’t even realized yet that YR is the emperor’s lover. I hope he doesn’t reveal himself to her against the advice of his teacher. I can’t wait for him to find out that YR wants him dead. 

• Like 5

@Lmangla @triplem Do you know there is now trending the jeju mud facial treatment? I think in***free carries them.  :D 

I remember reading jedi master used to be the imperial palace guard/chief, I think. 

@celebrianna I also hope that WS will follow master's advice not to reveal himself to YR. 

Maybe we should try to make a bet whether he found out YR's hidden side or YR find out his hidden side first....?

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Finally had the chance to marathon watch the drama from episode 1 to 8.

The verdict.... I freaking love it. It’s so dramatic. And a bit OTT. But I guess that’s whats fun about it.

I hope Sunny won’t stay naive for long. Would love to see her kick some royal asses soon.

ps: this drama reminds me of “Time” starring SNSD Seolhyun. She was naive in the beginning as well but after some twists of events, she turned way badass. Would love to see Oh Sunny like that as well.

• Like 3