Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

Since I am not so touched with The Last Empress at the moment, discussing about the series with you guys makes me feel better!!!! THANK YOU EVERY ONE!! :wub::heart::love:  Hopefully I'll bare this series & continue watching!

I most likely think that the mummy could be Lee Hyuk's ex-wife.. In that case, who's it.?! She's not in the frame at the moment! I hope we'll see her in future eps. I am also curious to know what's there ahead for Min Yu Ra that she's leaving her kid & husband just for a jerk! Shin Sung Rok is outstanding as Lee Hyuk! That's why we hate him this much! And why's he always playing the bad guy?! :D

And guess what, when "It's bad" is your first impression, then the rest is blah blah blah :D So far, public reactions are mostly negative for this series... So I'm having high hopes that Choi Jin Hyuk will make an impactful difference to the plot as it is that more viewers can get touched with the story, SPECIALLY ME!

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

6 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Majority of the viewers are criticizing the dirty scenes of Lee Hyuk & Min Yu Ra! And I really hope the writer won't do the same nature with Oh Sunny & Na Wang Sik! Dirty scenes seem unsuitable for Jang Na Ra & Choi Jin Hyuk! :huh:

i hate whenever i watch drama with my mom and some dirty/love scenes pop up..  she would turn that moment into a sex education session. i remember watching the love scene in ‘whats wrong with sec kim’ with my mom + sister and my mom kept lecturing us about the importance of contraceptives lol.. she said ..’sec kim better use condom or else she’s gonna get pregnant’ .. bla bla.. it was so awkward....what a way to ruin the moment for me and my sister lol..

this time, i didnt watch the dirty scene in TLE togther with her.. thank god coz it ws too dirty and not pleasant to watch at all.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

On 11/23/2018 at 3:39 PM, ChewyChocolate said:

@triplem  The emperor falls for her, but he's evil....I was hoping he'd be the lead. Do you feel that there's something ew about the mother's obsession with the son? It's just unsettling.

So many trucks of doom squeezed into two episodes  it's mindboggling.

23 hours ago, chubby^green^ said:

anyway talking about bedroom scene reminds me that the empress dowager has cctv all over her son's bedroom

so after sunny and lee hyk is married

will we get a scene of min yura shares the popcorn with the empress dowager for a bonding of evil while watching what the emperor is doing with the new empress?

:glasses:

Since I have only watched one eps..i will comment based on that. She definitely has an unhealthy obsession over him. In the first eps when he got into the car , the way she touched his hand made me uncomfortable  ...aahahahaahha....but jokes aside, this being SBS, I would say the drama won't go there. But she's extremely controlling. Our emperor here I am sure has had many one night stands in that chamber of his and good golly, mum must have seen them all....yucks isn't it ?  

Also I would advise everyone to manage their expectations with cinematography and editing... SBS has never impressed me . :D 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 7

someone tell me that cho jin hyuk is looking super amazing and so it is worth checking out at least for him? hahahah...

november's event! come join us. :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Behind still 

Cr.SBS

첨부 이미지
첨부 이미지
첨부 이미지

Spoiler

[ENG sub] Preview EP5-6 

Ssuny families (With Fans)

Cr.jnr ba (China Baidu Fan Club)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 11/23/2018 at 11:24 AM, celebrianna said:

Hmmm. Obviously there is a lot more to come since it has 24 episodes so I feel it’s too early to think of it as a whole. The first two episodes focused a lot on the emperor, Yu Ra and the dowager and given their characters, well, it was pretty soapy. With the entry of new Wang Shik next week and probably more of Sunny I will have to see how they impact the story. I think Wang Shik need to learn self control. He won’t accomplish anything breaking down doors and picking fights. He should grow a brain while undergoing his character change too.

im dragging my feet to watch the episode 2 lols....its not giving me much breathing space for the moment....lols

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Hi,

I just saw this in You tube, 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdwHY6EhyTg

I hope somebody can sub this for us who cannot understand Korean...

Thanks so much in advance...

Update:

A big thank you and and a hug goes to Ms Booha for translating the video for us... 

see 6th post from this post (mid part - as Ms Booha responded to a lot of posts and her response to my post is just one of them)

Seeing him how he loves his parents very much, makes me love him more...

Edited by gems_luz
to thank Ms Booha for translating
  • Like 5

Ok here's the thing. I'm intrigued by this but... why is this a royal family situation?

• First there's Sunny. What exactly is her role in this. As the name of the title "The Last Empress" which she will become however what does any of this have to do with her? We didn't see that much of her the first week. I actually thought that she was already dating the Emperor or he had fallen for her but that' not the case. So I don't understand what Sunny's  part in this is because it just seems like she'll be another victim.
  • Wang Shik. Now that was plot twist there because I was not expecting that! When they said his name, I noticed it was familiar but I hadn't really memorized names yet. So I had to go look at the cast and saw that CJH's character... No way!:lol: Now I understand why we didn't get the highlight trailer! Also THH did a great job, you really can't see any resemblance between him and CJH. So setting up the story for the revenge plot which I understand but that's kinda the problem why is this a royal family situation? Usually these types of things are the chaebol family related. Making it the royal family is just going to make a whole mess out of things.
  • Lee Hyuk. I don't understand. Couldn't just been honest? Even though it wasn't completely his fault. He says he doesn't like Sunny now but wait till later. Also ungrateful when Sunny risked her life for him.
  • Yu Ra. Yu Ra. Yu Ra. Don't get me started on her because I hate her so much:rage:! How? How? WS and LH let themselves both be played by this woman! What's worse about this? She has a child with WS who I feel sorry for the most (WS is second). She kills her adoptive mother/mother-figure whichever. Technically she did because even WS hit her with the truck by accident, we find out she was still alive and YR just leaves her. You ungrateful little brat! Then wants her boyfriend/husband dead, what about your child? Just trying to leave him an orphan because he sure doesn't have a mom to look out for him. Now I'm hoping that WS has him because I wouldn't let YR ever see that child again.
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

It's just today I found out that the writer of The Last Empress is a she!! Whoa! She's kind of dirty at mind that the series is much loaded with dirty scenes more than non-dirty ones.! And I really don't know what to learn from this drama.. So far, I've seen nothing except annoyances, murders & sensualism (srry for the harsh word)!!! What the **** :angry: I prepared myself for a clean drama, but this is way over the top!

And also, let's just say Wang Sik & Oh Sunny fell for each other..! Then what about Wang Sik's son, Dong Sik..??! At this moment, Oh Sunny is a little annoyed, but I know that she's kind at heart! Hope she'll adopt Dong Sik as her son!

And by the way, where on the earth that a mother kisses her son's lips..??!! :crazy: Honestly, where is this series heading to..?!

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

Hi everyone, i have just watched all the 4 episodes and i know that i really dislike Yu Ra and the weird queen who has a serious obsession with her son, which is creepy.  As for Sunny, i really hope she will not be as naive and annoying going forward.   The part that I am looking forward is the transformation of Wang Sik.  I wonder what happen to Yu Ra’s son and whether she will seduce Wang Sik once she finds out his transformation  :lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

These two guys are completely opposite of each other! I am waiting to see how they're gonna connected. This series is worth watching just to witness how a fat guy transform in to a handsome hunk! And I hope there will be a time leap! Otherwise it's illogical for fat him to transform all of a sudden.

46938695_2098351763809692_23479756591349

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

how a fat guy transform in to a handsome hunk! And I hope there will be a time leap! Otherwise it's illogical for fat him to transform all of a sudden.

Let me share with you a Taiwanese drama Who's The One. Pics in spoiler. It talks about a fat guy who transformed into handsome hunk with the help of a plastic surgeon. He was trained vigorously over a course of 6 months, if I recall correctly.

Spoiler

Who-the-One-Taiwanese-Drama-2011__24.jpg    Who-the-One-Taiwanese-Drama-2011__72.jpg

The fat guy in left picture transformed into the handsome guy (in black suit) in second picture.

But he was using a fat suit, whereas the production in Empress Dignity decided not to put fat suit on CHJ because of the fighting scenes.

And btw, about YuRa's son. It's just her son, right? He isn't the son of YR and WS? And it seems that they didn't tell him YR is his biological mother, but instead made it up that the mother of WS is the mother? Because I remember that the son called WS when he was searching for their missing mother, and said "hyung". Then WS told him that he'll be back as soon he found "mother".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

PS I don’t think Dong Sik is NWS’s son. NWS’s mom put him under her family register so Dong Sik is WS’s bro.  But DS is MYR’s son. Maybe she had him under bad circumstances.
((another my 2 cents hehe))
I had hoped the writer didn’t make LH as a straight villain because it would be very boring. In the intro char description, it seemed LH was just bad, spoiled and delusional, and acted differently in public and private.  But in ep1 to ep4, the writer showed something more hidden underneath LH and his relationship with Dowager (LH’s dear mommy).

((In the radio interview, they were asked about the writer and characters in the drama. JNR said she liked the drama because of how the writer weaved them together to create an interesting interconnection/relationship among the characters.))
JNR said something interesting about emperor:  (SSR’s LH is) the one who keeps and holds onto the emperor chair, and another who tries to steal it, and another who tries to topple it.

LH said to MYR ( in the room when she acted like she was ready to die for the emperor) that he was an emperor and (therefore)he would take care of her.  LH made a similar speech at the beginning about the  Africa trip in order to save some Korean people.  Meaning he is the emperor so it’s his responsibility to take care of his subjects & the empire.  Maybe LH has chosen to be an effective ruler (by any means to achieve the result)  for some reason.  

Maybe something nasty/tragic happened 7 years ago which impacted on him.  So  he has to change women every night like having a spell which made him unable to sleep with the same woman twice.  However with MYR he broke that spell(??)  Then the way LH behaves with Dowager suggests she has something on him from that past.  
It was touching to see when MYR said she would die for him he seemed to be very much moved by it. He was ready to announce to his family about the marriage.  

Dowager empress ((char description))

Spoiler

An affectionate, but strict mother to Lee Hyuk. To Sunny, she is a ferocious mother-in-law.
A queen bee who is not afraid of the world enough to be called "a sword woman" in the palace!

She is the daughter of a prominent chaebol in Korean Empire, and she holds the real power for the imperial family.
She overcomes the strict palace life and married life  with obsession and ambition for her children.
Especially, the affection for Lee Hyuk is morbid.
Seven years ago, after empress So Hyeon died, and the crown prince’s brother Lee Yun was gone,  her obsession got worse.  

In order to separate MYR from LH, thinking Sunny would be easy to control, she presses for the empress’s place for Sunny.  She thinks it is best to have a scarecrow empress since Lee Hyuk never seems to love Sunny.  

After the death of the grand empress dowager, she grabs the ultimate power of imperial family authority.  
And gradually she begins to reveal her ambitions and desires that have been concealed.
She is a misfortunate woman who has become a monster while being trapped in the palace a lifetime.

fS8MaRX.gif

Spoiler

Y2SgKIt.jpg

cr to DC

On 11/24/2018 at 4:57 AM, gems_luz said:

Hi,

I just saw this in You tube,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdwHY6EhyTg

I hope somebody can sub this for us who cannot understand Korean...

Thanks so much in advance...

Spoiler

That video clip is from 2011 when he was promoting ‘I Need Romance’.  He looks a bit youngish then.:)  That segment is about “The person who makes me the most softy/ the weakest” So CJH talked about his parents.  CJH cries easily.  So when he has to shoot a crying scene,  he can really cry hour after hour.   He has such imagination that he can easily conjure up many sad/ sorrowful /heartbroken memories of his  past.  Besides he has such a soft spot for his parents as he’s an only child.  He said if he started to talk about his parents,  he might cry again. (He wants to let them know that talking about his parents can be emotional for him. Later in the program he did cry. )) ((DJ PD (woman) from his last drama called him a giant baby. kekek))

SSR's fans for his birthday, coffee truck

Spoiler

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

OMG! Thank you so much dear @ktcjdrama & @booha for letting me know that Wang Sik & Dong Sik brothers in relation, not dad & son! I kept skipping a lot of scenes in ep 1-4, so of course I've seriously missed that part! Thank you so much once again!! Such a relief! But they have the same surname! :o Could be a coincidence. And then what to call Yu Ra..?! If she's the real mom of Dong Sik, then she's a _itch..!! :D I really can't stand her!

And dear @ktcjdrama - I am surprised at your info on being fat on screen! And I also think it's appropriate not to use a fat suit on Choi Jin Hyuk since he's very tall & it would make him look abnormal on-screen.. And only 3 days to the next eps, so let's wait & watch :wub:

And Empress Dowager Kang is on her way to being a monster! It's pretty obvious in first 4 eps. I don't know the actress of playing the character. But her facial expressions are DAEBAK!!!! Hopefully we get more hatress towards her in the upcoming eps.

As for Lee Hyuk, he's the real jerk I've ever seen in a palace! But I know that Shin Sung Rok is the opposite! He's so nice & I liked him at the press conference very much. Oh! And it was his birthday on 23rd Nov. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHIN SUNG ROK SSHI!!! And give us more juice with Lee Eli Jah, please! :D:blink:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

wow.. i seriously didn't realised that i didn't notice that

dong shik is raised as wang shik's lil bro and dong shik sees wang shik's mom as his own mom

no wonder the name wang shik and dong shik

i was so focused on him being myr's daughter i didn't even realise he was calling wang shik as hyung (most probably i skipped that part, or was doing something else while watching)

ah now i have to go back and watch it again...

no wonder myr was so glad that after getting rid of na wang shik, nothing can stop her anymore

she has no real official connection with dong shik, so she has totally abandon him long time ago

meaning she has no past, or at least no bad scandal that could prevent her from marrying lee hyuk and becoming an empress

aside from the empress dowager and sunny that is...

while people are waiting to see cjh

i am also curious about lee hyun, the king's fav son, the runaway prince

wonder when he will make his appearance

hmmm....

• Like 4

Just finished the first 4 episodes.  Actually, it wasn't that bad apart from some bloody brutal scenes. 

Why do I feel like I'm watching "the incredible hulk" in Wang Shik.

I hope JNR will take on a different kind of role in her next drama.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

I finally watched the first two episodes (or there was four mini episodes?).

I see that the modern royal court is just like the clasic sageuk (past royal court), a dangerous "spider web", a cutthroat power strugle enviroment. The villians here are really vicious and dangerous people. I could see who the royalty will meet its end. 

I pitty the heroine already. She will enter this family and she doesn`t deserve such fate but, of course, she will be victorious in the end, so we have to wait and see how she will bring the bad guys down with Wang-Sik`s help.

Too bad Min Yoo-Ra lost her moral compass. She is beautiful, inteligent but her greed took the worst from her. Too bad. I am curious who is the father of her child or what is her back story. I am sure it is not a happy story but that is not an excuse for what she did.   I enjoyed the most in this episodes, the "fight" between Yoo Ra and Lee Hyuk`s mother. They are formidable enemies for each other. When Sunny will enter the palace, it will be hard for her.

Now I understand why Lee Hyuk and Sunny will marry.

I was thinking why it was a need for another actor for Wang-Sik but now I get it. Wang Sik will return a changed man (with a perfect body :P) and it was necesary to not be recognized at the palace. OK. A classic plot?!

Oh Sunny was funny.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

OSunny falls for the Emperor ok but what evil stuffs does she know about him anyway? Not even one. Viewers (and his evil entourage) saw a looot of his bad actions but she just saw him acting nice, I won't call her dumb for that. As if all people meeting bad people in real life should wear the responsibility, everyone can get fooled one day or another...

Ok because cutie is too naive too.

Well have to say not completely, she even asked him once, ok why do you meet me? but he continued to lie in public before press and his family, why would she doubt for now?

Hopefully for the drama she is like she is because our only comical relief for now, and this drama evil scenes are so heavy , hopefully these little breaks - too short - are there to breath, even if I wished these scenes subplot / details were better.

Watching 2nd EP have to admit sensualism critism is deserved, makes me think more of some occidental series that I flew from, than a kdrama like the ones I am used to watch. Anyway personally I wish for more subtlety...

Actors put a lot of efforts, I hope bad comments won't hurt them too much.

Edit : adding shining OSunny smile

se3_ani_1543028293787_a.gif?type=w800

Hope to see more of her next week, happy for how long..?

20181124_033317.png?type=w800

• Like 8

^

lor she looks adorable 

she seriously looks like a freaking doll during the press conference

too cute

anyway i don't think i did manage to wish ssr his birthday earlier

so 

happy belated birthday ssr 

wishing you the best of health and lots of laughter in your life

^__^

anyway i just realised that i didnt watch the scene where lee hyuk asked his mom to get rid of min yura

i guess i am missing quite a few details in two eps

hopefully before wednesday i will get the time to watch the first 2 eps again

for now i was just done binging on hallmark and lifetime pre christmas movies

i'm getting sick of anything sweet and romantic now

should go and watch some horror flick just to wash some of the sweetness off

hahaha

• Like 1
  • LOL 3