Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

On 2/4/2019 at 7:20 AM, Purnima Dixit said:

@katakwasabi 

Even me too, don't care with whom Sunny end up with as long as "My Bin" survives :wub:....

Wish Bin had taken care of surgery, much before he started off revenge ....

I want to see Bin getting a happy end ...He deserves it more than anyone else...Pooor him,he has lost the maximum... He lost everything, His mother, Love, family ....

I think this drama is about characters and revenge.  And this is the flaw in Bin's character.  He was never really a thinker as NWS and he's the same as CWB.  As NWS, he was quick and hot to act, usually with his fists.  CWB is still very similar.  He takes a lot of what I think are unnecessary risks.  He also seems to be focused too deeply on revenge.  Yes, I understand that's why he changed in the first place, but then I was hoping that after becoming an integral part of the underground group, that he would see the big picture.  It's not just his mom's death and the attempt on his life that is at issue here.  Many, many others have died as well, but CWB still seems to ignore that.  Yes, I understand that he is living on a limited timeline and he wants to see something tangible before he dies, but it seems selfish that he's willing to risk his team's right to revenge/satisfaction as well.

Contrast to Sunny, who is trying to bring down or expose the entire palace.  Sure, she's got personal anger towards LH and the ED, but she recognizes that there are more than just 2 villains in the palace.  She wants to bring down the entire palace to shed light on the corruption within its walls so that she may finally get some justice for those who have died: her mom, the Grandmother ED, the Grandmother ED's secretary who died, all those palace employees who have mysteriously disappeared in the past... she realizes that that there is a far greater picture.  CWB also wants to bring down the palace, but it's not so much to expose the corruption; rather, it's a form of revenge against LH and the ED.

9 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Shipping (be it Wang Shik-Sunny or Hyuk-Sunny) is one thing but being so biased that one fails to see the point of the story is another thing..They'd be rationale about it.

I agree.  I hate it when shipping starts to ruin a forum or a drama.  I think it can ruin a drama by wasting precious air time on unnecessary scenes.  Although, in this case, I will disagree that LH's scenes are unnecessary.  I think they are because it's not there to create a love line; it's there to show a different and perhaps changing side to LH's personality and character.  Why?  To pave the way for an eventual romantic relationship?  No.  It's to show how he became the way he is, how even someone with supposed ultimate power has no actual power, to show how he's not just a 1-dimensional villain, and to show how it's possible for someone to change.  And yes, to pave the path to an eventual relationship for him.  Personally, I think it will be a friendship for him and SN, with the hope that he will eventually find someone else to love, who will also love him back.  Does this mean that I'm a passenger on the LH-SN ship?  No, it's just that this ending makes more sense based on the story that this drama is telling.  And, it also makes sense that CWB die.  This drama is not about a LH-SN ship or CWB-SN ship.  In fact, to me, both ships look pretty unfinished and rocky to me.  They are poorly crafted, and seem forced into the story as opposed to being natural.  But, some will see ships when it's actually just a little inflatable raft.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

**The post I read about the extension of  TLE was gone. I guess it means no extension of TLE.   With only 3 more eps left,  can the writer pull together all of the unsolved stuff without rushing it up? :mellow:

**If there are a number of  slightly different translations, it’s because translation requires interpretation by the translator, as every language has own system and quirkiness.  Especially with a preview, one has to guess about the context which can be easily misunderstood.  So when I translate anything I know there are many mishaps but hope readers would overlook such things and read it in context. :sweatingbullets::)

20 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

after watching the preview I was like--

"Oh give me a break..How could you send him to lock up after you tortured him like that in the last episode.. and on top of that we get only one episode this week!!"

On other note..Lee Yoon isn't dead.. It's attempted murder. We don't need more murder..Thank you very much.

Seo Kang Hee is on the move. But the question is "does Kang Joo Seung knows Seo Kang Hee's real face..?" they knew each other because they both served the late Empress and they're like her friends.

Oh..I love how Min Yura is catty with Seo Kang Hee.

So..Lee Huyk started suspecting two..Which two that's the question..really sunny woo bin or woo bin and someone else.

Why do you think Woo Bin running like that..for Empress or Cheif Byun??

Thank you for pointing out about ‘two’.  Usually I just glanced over a preview since as you said it’s just a teaser.  So I assumed the ‘two’ meant Sunny and WB.  But from reading yours,  I realize that there are other ‘two’ combinations which can push LH into a rage, like WB&LY(WB acted like he was on LH’s side in front of LY), LY&Byun  or Sunny&MYR…    Yeah LH has made an enemy out of everybody around him including his mother ED.  
It’s about time for MYR to figure out who the main culprit for her broken life is. She is smart to see it’s ED.   I hope she will work with Sunny.  
PS yes you are right about the translated preview.   The one you posted seemed to be closer.  :)

Spoiler

**wow happy to see  Joo Won is done with MS  Hopefully he will have a new drama (smooching romcom) for his fans.  haha  B):blush:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

**This is the place where they filmed for WS mom’s restaurant. Now the owner of the place renamed it to ‘(It’s) WS’.  CJH is very tall so he tries to stand with his legs spread( called manner-leg ) for the person next to him.   He seems to have lost weight.    

Spoiler

ypEqKsJ.gif

9o8LJ4y.gif

cr Daum

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Wait wait wait

is the nanny KJS sister?!!!

that would be a makjang level twist cause then ari and do are technically cousins??

• LOL 4

20 minutes ago, booha said:

Now the owner of the place renamed it to ‘(It’s) WS’.  CJH is very tall so he tries to stand with his legs spread( called manner-leg ) for the person next to him.   He seems to have lost weight.    

I was planning to share this picture to show how skinny he became for TLE..He looks taller here due to weight loss..He lost more weight than he did for his previous drama Devilish Joy, I guess.. and oh the manner lags! :wub:

Spoiler

@booha, Thanks..Joo Won specifically told that he wants to act in a great drama. After more than 1.5 years gap, we'll gladly take whatever drama he gives for us..No complain, no Demand. :P

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

Lol SSR :lol:! And how cute is evil mum and Hyuk playing behind the scenes hahaha

Had a laugh when he himself was laughing due to embarrassment while filming the scene. ha ha ha..

I love how JNR was trying her lines " I was trying to teach a lesson to Min Yura anyway." and CJH suggested punching when talking about MIn Yura but JNR energetically kicked hard..they're so funny. JNR forgot her lines in actual scene. :joy:

I like how SSR says "Phacchi..Phaniya?" They all can't help but laugh. :joy:

& That CJH-SSR moment.. :P

2 hours ago, booha said:

**The post I read about the extension of  TLE was gone. I guess it means no extension of TLE.   With only 3 more eps left,  can the writer pull together all of the unsolved stuff without rushing it up? :mellow:

Oh..so the extension didn't get confirmed..Hope the production does a great job summing up the drama,,Oh please..anything but a rushed ending for such a entertaining drama. Please Writer-nim, yee?

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

26 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Had a laugh when he himself was laughing due to embarrassment while filming the scene. ha ha ha..

He was totally embarrassed doing that lol. SSR is so expressive even in behind the scene clips, i think he would be great on variety shows. Hahaha. His running man ep was amazing.

Yep. It seems theres no confirmation for the extension. I'm not ready to part with TLE~ hoping the story will be wrapped up nicely, it has been a fun ride so far ^_^. don't falter at the final ep please~ huhu

• Like 5

@katakwasabi, that RM episode was fun..

Spoiler

The one where he was spy for LKS, right? I was rooting for them but they lost. :P

1 hour ago, philosophie said:

Wait wait wait

is the nanny KJS sister?!!!

that would be a makjang level twist cause then ari and do are technically cousins??

I don't think they're related by birth. She's Seo while the ex guard is Kang. They didn't seemed to be lover either becuase KJS was In relationship with Min Yura.

It was mentioned in the drama the Kang Joo Seung and Empress were like siblings since childhood. And Seo Kang Hee was a friend of Empress So Hyun. So it is possible that SKH calling KJS Oppa because they used to be in friendly. Also they both worked in the palace for Empress So Hyun.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

15 hours ago, foreverempress said:

It could be the "both" LH was talking about is Wang Shik & the late Empress' father; they  showed him (Empress' father) in the preview. The writer would be crazy to reveal Sunny so soon, but then again, she has wasted (only in my opinion) her episode extension to add more pointless twists  for the rise of the nanny.  I think that Wang's identity should have been saved for the last week.This is just my opinion, they should focus on why & How ED's husband died (the late emperor), the secret of the island, who killed grand empress, etc. They may try to have a romance with Sunny & Wang, but it has been wasted. There are only 8 episodes left.

Maybe it's wishful thinking... but I have a feeling it's Min Yura and Wang Shik...

The link which Sunny has mentioned previously could be a hint, about Dong Shik...

(If the writer wants to save Sunny's betrayal for the last)

Then again, it could be Sunny and Wang Shik coz the outline did say that the Lee Hyuk would torture Sunny because of his love for her. And for now, we have yet to see any madness from his love for her, only cuteness... The last 3 Episodes would be the great moment for his madness to come out.

And that madness may just turn the audience again from their opinion of Lee Hyuk. 

On 2/6/2019 at 10:41 AM, booha said:

**If there are a number of  slightly different translations, it’s because translation requires interpretation by the translator, as every language has own system and quirkiness.  Especially with a preview, one has to guess about the context which can be easily misunderstood.  So when I translate anything I know there are many mishaps but hope readers would overlook such things and read it in context. :sweatingbullets::)

Thank you for pointing out about ‘two’.  Usually I just glanced over a preview since as you said it’s just a teaser.  So I assumed the ‘two’ meant Sunny and WB.  But from reading yours,  I realize that there are other ‘two’ combinations which can push LH into a rage, like WB&LY(WB acted like he was on LH’s side in front of LY), LY&Byun  or Sunny&MYR…    Yeah LH has made an enemy out of everybody around him including his mother ED.  
It’s about time for MYR to figure out who the main culprit for her broken life is. She is smart to see it’s ED.   I hope she will work with Sunny.  
PS yes you are right about the translated preview.   The one you posted seemed to be closer.  :)

Reveal hidden contents

**wow happy to see  Joo Won is done with MS  Hopefully he will have a new drama (smooching romcom) for his fans.  haha  B):blush:

I have watching this drama on tv channel shows within 24 hours of Korea...new drama after this drama is Big Issue and i get info from page fb tv channel the new drama premieres feb 28...this drama finish 14 feb and tv channel i watching finish 15 feb..so had a gap one week for the new drama...but i don't know this drama extend episodes or have other programme on tv...

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

@uma14, that's an interesting news..I used to follow this website for Kdrama info they've changed the episode no. to 48(24) too which was 52(26) just few days ago. I've never looked in the SBS official website for drama info..but now that I go there they're also showing 48 episode. But the news you shared is interesting because if the next drama is scheduled for Feb 28 that should mean that it's sceduled like that due to TLE extension. Do you know which drama is following after The Last Empress?

If no definite news of extension comes out may be we should just wait for the next episode and get an idea.

Sharing one of my most favorite moment from TLE. The way CWB lost his cool at that time was so cool..Loved how he forget the situation and was so absorbed in ensuring safety of Sunny. :wub:

DxxdWBqUYAAXtph.jpg

Lee Hyuk's face though...I thought that's the moment Lee Hyuk would start suspecting CWB's feeling towards Sunny..But he apparently didn't think much about it other than the momentary shock he got from CWB.

DxxdWZpU8AADwe6.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

17 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

@uma14, that's an interesting news..I used to follow this website for Kdrama info they've changed the episode no. to 48(24) too which was 52(26) just few days ago. I've never looked in the SBS official website for drama info..but now that I go there they're also showing 48 episode. But the news you shared is interesting because if the next drama is scheduled for Feb 28 that should mean that it's sceduled like that due to TLE extension. Do you know which drama is following after The Last Empress?

If no definite news of extension comes out may be we should just wait for the next episode and get an idea.

Sharing one of my most favorite moment from TLE. The way CWB lost his cool at that time was so cool..Loved how he forget the situation and was so absorbed in ensuring safety of Sunny. :wub:

DxxdWBqUYAAXtph.jpg

Lee Hyuk's face though...I thought that's the moment Lee Hyuk would start suspecting CWB's feeling towards Sunny..But he apparently didn't think much about it other than the momentary shock he got from CWB.

DxxdWZpU8AADwe6.jpg

Drama following after the last empress is Big Issue...always i refer wikipedia or asianwiki for know new kdrama after watching kdrama...i don't know TLE extend episode or no but i just get info page fb tv channel premieres TLE shows within 24 hours of korea and new drama after TLE on tv channel is drama Big Issue...this tv channel i always watching kdrama from drama SBS..it's okay extend or no...i just wanna enjoy watching this drama until the end.

• Like 1

No episode todayyyy..sobs :tears:

i thought the drama after TLE would be Vagabond. Which also has SSR lol. I guess i'm mistaken. Hohoho

Since this drama isn't predictable, I guess 'the two' mentioned by Hyuk is Woobin-Byun. Maybe that's why we see they pointed gun to Byun and make police catch Woobin. 

And I wonder who's the guy and lady we see in the silhoutte in the palace park. If it's WB and Sunny, means someone is looking at them from far away. 

The day when Hyuk knows the truth about Sunny n Bin will be the worst day for him. He has an obsession to Sunny and definitely still trust Woobin. It will be enough to make him becoming a monster again. 

If the extension won't happen, the writer wasted her times for last few episodes since some mysteries still unfolded. I hope she can wrapped it nicely. 

My wish Sunny-Woobin endgame. Since she still hiding her worry for him secretly and we all know how Woobin feels for her. But whatever it is, I just hope she can finish it perfectly. 

• Like 1

My imagine scenario after episode 42 till the end of this KDrama

Forget about the preview for tomorrow.. story line will be like this...

Later Yoon colaps (comma -please don't kill Yoon, make the mistery never end) then Hyuk is still being revoked as Emperor, ED is punished too. A Ri ascends the throne ... but ... A Ri is still small, her legal mother is Sunny, aka who is ED is Sunny because KH has no status. Sunny has the highest authority, according to the plot (up to the highest position). Kang Hee Snake! Angry because she wants this position. Then Sunny is harmed here. Whether using playing victims or sadistic traps whatever it is. But it was saved by LH, WB and the others (maybe ED also help Sunny, don't wanna Imperial family down on Kang Hee, ED really understand about what KH wanted, steal her position) and all know if this was done by Kang Hee ... Or it could be as if Lee Hyuk was wrong about this incident, but Yoon woke up and defended Lee Hyuk, because he knew the Kang Hee Snake ! It's over, Kang Hee.

When Sunny is in the highest position, she reveals all the bad deeds of the palace including how the corruption of ED, and the island of Cheungdum, the death of SH by KH, and the death of the GED, and the attack on Yoon. Sunny can rule Woo Bin (aka it can work together again), maybe LH and MYR errors when hit and run too. (LH wrong as Sunny said being quite). Sunny also will protect Woo Bin in her action without getting much attention. KJS will give a witness about ED and the island. 

Lee Hyuk being guilt toward Sunny, and let her go. He know if Sunny live always in danger when in the palace. But don't know what will Sunny do later after everything come up and being clear, she is an Empress but I think she will left it behind and humble around the people, help other like a real empress, not just enjoy sit in the palace. If she divorce, all the property will be back to the palace, don't know what it will do by bad people in the palace, don't think if she will divorce and left the wealth to the bad people. 

Why is LH so deserved to be trusted by other if he is innocent just like what Sunny do (she know if LH is innocent in the incident of money send to her house) ? Because ED never trust him, being innocent, ED think if LH is fault, that's why she wanna cover up what he done.

LH that know if NWS is Woo Bin... will be angry, but also will forgive everything and accept punishment. But, NWS don't know if her mother is alive although LH car crash on her, but Yu Ra that know it, keep on silent. Don't know how this drama will end without a confesion, and real story toward investigator. Just like what Sunny said in last preview, if there's no evidence, then make it. 

(Forget about this (related to the preview suddenly thinking ,,,

1. Is Woo Bin trapped by Sunny, because Sunny know if LH who's the one targetted? to make LH trust her, or Woo Bin again... or Woo Bin will be operated, or something, just like Sunny escape from GED case last time, Woo Bin also will escape. This make him safe from LH anger for a moment

2. MYR tell SKH about where's KJS, this how SKH bring KJS out. ED shock looks on KJS that alive with SKH. SKH will use this card to push ED to make A Ri Empress Regant or her became Emperor legal wife. - I think this is make sense, to make SKH climb her position in the palace)

Wish SSR sing a song in the end...

-don't have any clue about shipping Sunny with LH or Woo Bin- 

or this Drama will end in the stage and LH, Sunny, Woo Bin just playing a story in the stage... :wub: and they sing a song together... #imposiblo... 

• LOL 1

Hahaha...it would be great if this drama end with woobin-Sunny-lee hyuk all sing together on the musical stage because the three of them also singer.

• LOL 2

21 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Oh..so the extension didn't get confirmed..Hope the production does a great job summing up the drama,,Oh please..anything but a rushed ending for such a entertaining drama. Please Writer-nim, yee?

14 hours ago, uma14 said:

Drama following after the last empress is Big Issue...always i refer wikipedia or asianwiki for know new kdrama after watching kdrama...i don't TLE extend episode or no but i just get info page fb tv channel premieres TLE shows within 24 hours of korea and new drama after TLE on tv channel is drama Big Issue...this tv channel i always watching kdrama from drama SBS..it's okay extend or no...i just wanna enjoy watching this drama until finish...

Yeah sometimes  a broadcaster leaves a one week gap before the new drama. With TLE which has good ratings so far, I thought SBS would extend TLE, but for some reasons it hasn’t yet.   Maybe it will not.  
Now there is a new article which gives some focal points about tomorrow EP7  and summary about the main point of TLE.   We know there is still so much unsolved stuff left because they spent many hours on unnecessary things.  Now if there is no extension, it’s hard to see how they can wrap up  everything successfully with 3 remaining eps?   Maybe this focal point stuff is to show what they are doing for the remaining eps?  

Here is a brief summary for the article.
TLE, JNR/CJH, Will the revenge against the Imperial succeed?
(**focal points for EP7)
#.No1  Who attacked LH?
#.No2 Why did MYR help CWB?
#.No3 Among ED, LH and SKH, who will counterattack Sunny?
(‘What kind of counterattack Sunny will get from these heinous villains?  And what will happen with Sunny’s revenge?’)
#.No4  What is hidden in ED’s secret island?

‘The production team said, "Whether the revenge of Sunny and CWB, who are trying to bring down the heinous ED and LH,  succeeds, will be an important point of view in the latter half”,  
“Please watch this week’s episode which will show Sunny and CWB once again facing the life threatening situation as they fight against the imperial which tries to hide its corruption.”’   
((**This part shows what’s about the main theme with these two characters, Sunny and CWB,  and  what’s coming in EP7.)) ((**TLE is about the justice.  The ordinary little people fight against injustice brought in by the corrupt powerful people.))

NS7uwEs.jpg

http://star.mbn.co.kr/view.php?year=2019&no=73436&refer=portal#rs

10 hours ago, PutriSalju said:

Hahaha...it would be great if this drama end with woobin-Sunny-lee hyuk all sing together on the musical stage because the three of them also singer.

Whaha  What a good idea   How about like DJ’s epilog!!  But no dancing move    CJH can sing but he isn’t smooth with any dancing move    LdXSxvc.gif      **Though he did well with the imitation of Rain in FM :)

Spoiler

C5iPKlj.gif

cr to DC

CQnz9nQ.gif

DJ's epilog

• Like 2