Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

On 1/31/2019 at 1:45 PM, katakwasabi said:

I don't see Sunny forgetting Woobin's help. I for one, think she holds it at heart. Evenmore after hearing Woobin only has 3 months to live. Sunny getting along with Hyuk is part of her plan. She did get info about who poisoned the lunchbox she made for granny out of drunk Hyuk. Getting on the his good side will be beneficial to whatever her plan is. Even Woobin himself is playing Hyuk like a fiddle, he feigns brotherhood with Hyuk in front of Yoon. Both Sunny and Woobin have Hyuk in their hands. And i can't wait to see his reaction to being manipulated again and again. Hoho

Plus one, if anything, these two episodes actually shows otherwise. I don't think Sunny is unaffected by Won Bin's deadline, but rather it pushes her to act more. Think of it as a contributing factor to Sunny's sudden ruthless to her enemies. Especially to Min Yura. You can tell that they are both putting each other ahead of their selves, which is bittersweet because their love is forbidden. Sunny knows it well because she kept reminding people she is the empress and since she decided to enter the royal family on her own decision, she will leave on her own choice. People kept underestimating her because of her former innocent fangirl and petite cuteness... But when put to the test, she can really stand on her own.     

Woobin, on the other hand, is openly admitting his love to his enemy, out of the intention that he really wants Sunny out of the fire and into safety. They are both quite alike in some ways, very subtle carefully measured emotional reactions for fear that their reactions will cause trouble for each other. For those who can't see their love, it is because it's hidden between the lines and most of the time I feel that the script is not written but our Empress and Wonbin managed to lay it in with clues for the audience to spot them. 

Whether if there is going to be a Happily Ever After, I just want those who are suffering now to be happy. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PutriSalju said:

I read this somewhere so I don't know this is correct or not. Knetz was angry that the emperor is made so cruel because they thought no korean emperor like that. So I think the writer should change the direction making emperor looks clean using childhood story. Now I understand why the hate the real pitiful person, Na Wang Sik. Though it just a fiction, it is somehow could make the outsider like us think it's represent korean monarchy. I'm sure writer will make the real criminal is the nanny to avoid conflicts with knetz. Notice that the direction of drama was turnef since the writer made Lee Hyuk looks cute. 

Knetz also want Lee Hyuk end up with the empress because somehow it is their pride. That's why they keep defending him. The empress should be with the emperor not someone else. Thus, I'm pretty sure WB-SN is impossible. Sunny might back to lee hyuk or staying alone at the end of series.

At the beginning of the series actually WB-SN chemistry was on top notch. But somehow it lost due to Hyuk' s screen time that pushed to be with her. It is unfortunate since Nara-Jinhyuk 's chemistry off screen is sweet.

Nope. I don't agree with it. It's impossible that knetz would get angry when emperor is made so cruel. Every saeguk drama either it is based on true story or fictional, their king are portrayed as evil and weak. No one ever complained on that. Plus, Korean people don't like monarchy/king so much as they felt that they are being betrayed and left alone by the king and his royal family ages ago when wars erupted. They only take pride on certain king for their contribution in Korea.

On why knetz sided with Lee hyuk, there are no big reasons. They just like him. And he caught their attentions. Simple as that. SSR always able to command attention in his dramas even when he is a villain, so when writer make his character become complex and layered, that's just make the viewers drawn to him more. If Hyuk was played by other actors, his popularity won't be like it is now (tho I can named one or two actors that as good as SSR). And, if I am not mistaken, knetz start to talk about SSR-Nara chemistry even before the starts of this drama  after some photo being released by sbs. 

4 hours ago, lingx2 said:

The ratings are increasing. Will they be able to break their own record before this drama ends?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Josh Marquez said:

I think my favorite scene of all for ep 21 was when ED told hello that she likes sunny more than her hahahahahha it was hilarious when both ED and sunny look at each other :joy: i love the comedy scenes of this drama, t’was fun watching ED and hyuk being comedic drama aside. 

Yeah It’s pretty funny how ED is fond of sunny in a way.

• LOL 3

59 minutes ago, nakatsubebe said:

Not sure if it has been posted here yet. The episode which is supposed to air on February 6 is pre-empted. Instead, SBS will show the movie "Your Wedding" next Wednesday due to the Lunar New Year. Episodes 43-44 will be shown on Thursday. The series will end on February 14 since there is no confirmation just yet for any extension.

source: http://www.mediapen.com/news/view/411175

Tq...yes next week only epi 43-44 will be shown on thursday...i had post before this...

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sarang21 said:

I´m guessing that it was the nanny again. Since the video that Yoon was watching had something to do with her. I hope that Yoon just lost consciousness and did not actually died. The writer seems to give the vilains 9 lives and the good guys only 1. <_<

Actually, she gave Sunny and Wonbin many lives and the unbelievable strength to withhold death too lol~ ;)
I am beginning to believe that she sent the two of them an Angel each or a reusable 'Get out of Trouble' card....

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

chingus, for the february birthday wishes, would like kpop and kdrama suggestions inspired by these 3 emoticons -- :neutral::love::warning:... also if you have made a fan MV for any drama and would like to share for those celebrating their birthday in feb, let me know.

if unsure, what am talking about, check out jan's birthday wishes --

• Like 3

I really can't imagine how this story will end, whether we will get a happy or a tragic ending.

I really wish we had more Sunny x Wang Sik scenes :(

But I love how Sunny is becoming so amazing!!

Spoiler

• Like 8

In my opinion, Hyuk is well aware of Sunny feelings, he himself knows that Sunny didn't look at him the same way as she did when she first arrived at the palace too. That's why he keep on trying to win her back. All of that is failed. I really don't know what's going on in the mind of the writer. But I do think it's possible for Sunny to accept Hyuk back eventhough she looks like she is faking it but we can see that she slowly not there yet but SLOWLY getting to understand Hyuk. It's like accepting. I just want Hyuk to become a good person just like how he wants to. I hope writer didn't dissapoint. I'm scared on the cliffhanger for the latest episode. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

#LastEmpress : EP 41-42 

It's has been a good episode overall,....as gradually we reaching final  stages...all  relationships are getting complicated &  everything is getting connected to each other....making way for us to witness an intense showdown...in coming last weeks....

For me the best part of whole episode was WangShik dealing with YuRa...How surprised & shocked she was the WangShik she was searching all along was so close to her 
She deserves to be punished ...but WangShik is too soft at heart No matter how mad he is, he still can't kill Yura... 
But the moment where WangShik & his mother convo it took my heart ....the whole sequence was so moving.

Heart really goes out to WangShiksshi  Since very beginning he has gone through a lot ...& Have faced maximum loss ...He is loosing his precious people from start...
I personally feel among all the characters He   is the only one ...who doesn't get a chance to express what he feels ...He is only one who holds back everything inside, Be it love, hurt, hate ...even if he gets hurt physically mentally he hides it well ...never let's his emotions out

Hope he gets a happy end for himself ....be it individually or as a couple with Sunny...with just few episodes to go, & we not getting  Sunny-WooBin scenes....I am not keeping high  hopes for two together...if they will have any romantic moment like a kiss, a love confession... as these two are both quite alike in some ways, both very subtle in their actions ..they  carefully measure their  emotional reactions making sure, they don't  cause trouble for each other ...they strive for protecting the other one ...Their love is hidden in b/w lines ....

I will be pretty satisfied even if in end "my Bin" gets a happy life, raising cutie DongShik, I love that little kid the bond these two share  it's so precious...

I fear, if writer completely made his mind to kill off my Bin... How he got beaten in the episode how much Bin gonna take it after all ....wonder if that scene was required 

Peha , gets a +1 from me for saving Bin from his mother 

+++
Sunny needs to stay stronger & stronger as with each episode as we move closer towards climax ...the fight gonna be fiercer ...& Tougher..
 she not only has to fight ppl around her ...but she has inner conflicts to deal with ...

SoJin is too smitten by Bin....she not gonna accept his break up easily...hope she doesn't turn obsessive ..

HelRo is my fav PsychOh...she is so fearless & straight in face ...only she makes Dowager take a step back 

KangSee is too manipulative, she takes a spot ahead of what YuRa was...she is scarier than her 

Mentioning of YuRa, glad she united with her lover ...but she has no sympathy from me, what she did with WangShik's mother & how she wasn't even regretful for her deed...

Hope Yoon is safe ...I am placing bets on KangSee...she is the one who harmed Yoon....
Peha, has my support  "he didn't do it" ...but having said that ...he still have many other acts to seek redemption for.

p.s.-Bin got a new haircut 

• Like 6
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, prueksa said:

The last scene, it made people think that Hyuk was the culprit. He fought with the crown prince. Then Sunny picked the flower that supposed to be on his suit in the crime scene. However, I think that the culprit wanted people to believe that Hyuk did it. ED and KH are so similar to each other, using their kids to benefit them, not care who will get hurt. Cannot wait to see what Sunny is going to do with the flower. 

Just courious about what will Hyuk do. He looks shocked see Sunny there. Yoon and Hyuk confrontation before, and now she looks Sunny there, and Yoon collaps... 

1. LH feel betrayed by Sunny (she bring LH flower, and think she will trap him, or why Sunny join with LY?)

2. LH feel Sunny help him (she make LY collaps, and think Sunny want him gain his authority back if she do that)

3. LH thinks he should help her (LH understand that Sunny traped by other in that room, or similar with it)

Hope everyone take a part be honest during investigation of Lee Yoon incident. Hope he's alive. 

• Like 2

LH shock face may because SN in great danger.. She cant be there.. She will punish to just being in there.. The door should not be open by anyone.. (somehow i wonder who got the absolute access.)

But the intruder got there first :astonished:. Means he/she also in the same room when Yoon announce he will open the door.

By bet is on Nanny also.. The flower actually already fall when Yoon encounter the LH earlier.. Someone must have pick it up to frame LH up as he/she drop in even before strangulate Yoon.. LH will totally being accused. But now the flower in SN hand.. (however, this is my speculation, as i know how the writer able to twist the story 360')

• Like 3

5 hours ago, sanaspyshy said:

How can ? The black guy still behind the door, and then king come in. Are u serious? Even the knet commented that it does not make sense. I think someone trying to frame Hyuk again!

I was just joking lool..

• LOL 1

@Purnima Dixit Yes to all you said. You wrote it beautifully. Not many people realize how miserable Woo Bin's life. Even his bright personality has gone and replacing by gloomy and stoic character after the lost of his mom. I do hope writernim being nice to him. Let him life peacefully with the cutie kid, Dongsik.

Others will suspect Sunny . But Sunny definitely pointed LH. And this is maybe the start LH being suspicious to Sunny. Remember he and Yura found out someone was in that secret room before. It will be interesting if somehow LH is using Sunny instead. We all know Sunny has cards to open up the cruel things that palace made. Actually it is easy for them to make her out from the palace. So, it is possible that LH is actually 'play fool' or act cute to soften her heart, make her fall again to persuade not to open up the scandal outside the palace. But the nanny also suspicious. Well, we'll see. I can't expect what in writer's mind...hahaha...

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, sanaspyshy said:

Am i the only one not buying the scene between Wangshik n Yura? I think its not enough its like something is missing. YURA IS THE ONE TRYING TO KILL HIS MOTHER, HIT her head with ROCK. Its not convincing with how Wang Shik react to it. I cant understand why Woo Bin hate Hyuk more than he hate Yura can u guys see it? Even after all this time they were together Woo Bin still not have slightest forgiveness for Hyuk . Even his mother said (imaginary) that if he do that to yura he is the same like her. But its not effective at all, whats the point? Cause he still want to revenge. The end of the latest episode why Sunny hold on to the flower? Did they want to make it like Hyuk is the one trying to kill Yoon? I dont think so, cause the guy still behind that door and Hyuk come in. Why Hyuk changes now? The ending seems like they want to BLAME Sunny for Prince Yoon faint.. Can anyone tell me when the last episode of this story? I think the story become drag too much now . I cant believe Yura will work together with Sunny , come on this girl kill Wang Shik mother, did the writer forgot?

I took the scenes with MYR differently I do not think WS has forgiven her, it was quite obvious that WS hates MYR and is just obviously using her, where the story is heading is that WS and Sunny are working to take the place down and are using any means to so. WS still needed her for KJS to get his memory back as he is one of the pieces to exposing the family.

I think WS hates MYR and LH equally, but I think another thing against LH is the fact that he is dying because of him.

I don't think Sunny working with MYR means anything the whole conversation was literally them throwing digs at eachother, they don't like eachother but they both will use the other to get what they want but in the end they will go back against each other. I don't think MYR will be getting away.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, autumna said:

I took the scenes with MYR differently I do not think WS has forgiven her, it was quite obvious that WS hates MYR and is just obviously using her, where the story is heading is that WS and Sunny are working to take the place down and are using any means to so. WS still needed her for KJS to get his memory back as he is one of the pieces to exposing the family.

I think WS hates MYR and LH equally, but I think another thing against LH is the fact that he is dying because of him.

I don't think Sunny working with MYR means anything the whole conversation was literally them throwing digs at eachother, they don't like eachother but they both will use the other to get what they want but in the end they will go back against each other. I don't think MYR will be getting away.

Oh yeah I agree with you. I forgot that WS said he need her to bring back KJS memory. Thanks for ur details explanation, I can understand where all of this headed now. 

• Like 2

January 31, 2019

"The Last Empress" Tenaciously Holds Onto First

Source: Xportsnews via HanCinema.net

photo1033442.jpg

"The Last Empress" stayed in the lead.

According to Nielsen Korea nationwide, the SBS drama "The Last Empress" rated 14.9% and 16.7% on the 31st.

Lee Hyeok (Shin Sung-rok) cried and his tears helped sway the audience.

Meanwhile, MBC drama "Spring Turns to Spring" rated 1.7% and 2.4% while KBS 2TV "Liver or Die" rated 8.4% and 9.5%.

photo1033432.jpg

"The Last Empress" Shin Sung-rok Sheds Tears

"The Last Empress" Yoon So-yi Tells Oh Ah-rin the Truth

• Like 4

6 hours ago, PutriSalju said:

Remember he and Yura found out someone was in that secret room before. It will be interesting if somehow LH is using Sunny instead. We all know Sunny has cards to open up the cruel things that palace made. Actually it is easy for them to make her out from the palace. So, it is possible that LH is actually 'play fool' or act cute to soften her heart, make her fall again to persuade not to open up the scandal outside the palace. But the nanny also suspicious. Well, we'll see. I can't expect what in writer's mind...hahaha...

Sorry, maybe I miss when he and Yu Ra found someone in the secret room? (Is this when Sunny sneak in the palace to get her recording of LH rooms?) 

I don't get a mind what and how does the means of LH using Sunny (at first he used her to make Yu Ra save, and she is the perfect alibi of NWS mom case) for now I just think she is his only or first reason being a good Emperor. 

LH "play fool" and although he alone just cry like a baby, and hide it from everyone.

• Like 1

finally got around to seeing this week's episodes and totally enjoyed it. so much fun starting to see the downfall of the villains and having hope that few more will fall... am liking how the writer is showing us what true justice can look like; where the things that villains despise or scorn are the very stuff that will teach them a lesson...

so like many have said, the scene between wang shik and his mom was lovely but it asks a very important question -- if wang shik goes on the same path, then what difference would there be between yura and him? yura scorned love. she despised the people who cared for her and saw them as an impediment to rising up. so if wang shik were to kill her, what would that solve? he has waited all this time to know the answer to the question "why" and there is no satisfactory answer to her actions other than plain selfishness. so what would be an apt punishment? for her to realize that love is bigger than ambition and to lose that love. so we see glimpses of that where she is now mad about kang joo seung. did she love him truly? or was he also about ambition? we will have to wait and see but loving sunny's super attitude and check mate actions everywhere...

laughed so much with ED forced to play janitor. her actions have been unchecked for the most part and she has used people as disposables. what she didn't realize is that her power as ED comes from the public people. so it was incredibly fun to see her doing community service and not getting allowed to get away. her mask is slowly being torn. if the public turns against her in force, what would happen?

and with lee hyuk, can see how the writer is setting him to be both redeemed as well as punished and both will be the same sword. sunny said some very important lines -- "you cannot erase a moment of your past" ..."you can't die so easily"... "what kind of emperor are you?... you have to take responsibility and carve your own body if it is rotten...." (something like that)... so he has zero accountability for his actions and has felt like a coward. always manipulated. always unable to protect what he loves and so holding himself back. he has no idea what it is like to truly lose someone and the hurt that can happen. so in order for him to realize the weight of his actions, he needs to accept responsibility. we saw a little of that with him rescuing wang shik and feeling the weight of having so few people who truly support him... so his redemption as well as punishment will the same -- being accountable for his actions. so it will be interesting to see how that plays out...

nanny needs to rot for using her own child to advance her greed. with prime minister gone, she has lost some of her power. maybe he will take revenge for giving the news like that and harming/killing his wife? most likely, she will also lose ari the child -- the one who she never saw as a child. not sure if lee yeon will actually die as he seems to have figured out the mud on her coat is an important clue. he did take pictures but maybe he will slip into a coma rather than die?

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, Lmangla said:

chingus, for the february birthday wishes, would like kpop and kdrama suggestions inspired by these 3 emoticons -- :neutral::love::warning:... also if you have made a fan MV for any drama and would like to share for those celebrating their birthday in feb, let me know.

if unsure, what am talking about, check out jan's birthday wishes --

my birthday is in feb hahaha

I just finished the recent ep. I say it was eventful. But i too wonder about all the secrets yet to be unfold such as the necklace and who forged it. I for one think the only person who can forge that necklace is yoon, since he was the one who buried Sohyun with the original necklace. And what is on  the secret island. Whats in evil mum's cookies. Is evil mum korea's drug overlord? Does she have korean mafia under her fingertips? Huhuhu

And i do find it weird how Hyuk can proceed living normally after he was accused of Sohyun's death. Souldn't he be confined or something. I shut my brain when watching TLE. But at times, it does make me wonder about the stuff occuring in the drama :sweatingbullets:

• Like 5

my birthday is also this month @katakwasabi but not necessarily looking forward to that. :sweatingbullets:... let me know if you have any good kdrama recommendations or FMVs.

24 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Souldn't he be confined or something. I shut my brain when watching TLE. But at times, it does make me wonder about the stuff occuring in the dram

kekeke.... so true! :lol:...

• Like 2