Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

38 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

What I really don't understand is why would the Nanny be so adamant in getting Ari to be able to take the throne when she isn't even anywhere near Ari's good books... Like when Ari took the throne, would she be able to benefit from it? I kinda think I know what she's trying to do slowly... Get the new rule passed (checked), get the title Crown Princess for Ari, then get rid of LH so Ari can become the ruler... I'm pretty sure that's the plan she has in mind.

If Ari becomes the empress, then the Nanny will gain a lot of control over the palace. Not really at the level of the Empress Dowager since Sunny will have that position (if she's still alive... the Nanny prob has plans of getting rid of her to gain that title) but as the mother of the empress, she will have a lot of power. 

• Like 5

SSR and CJH are giants next to JNR. She’s literally looking up at SSR. Must be hard for her neck. 

Anyway, this scene was very intense and I don’t think Sunny can ever forgive him. As much as I’m enjoying their chemistry and LH being funny, he’s done too much evil to the point of no return. 

• Like 7

IMO the romance of WB-OS is sweet and warm and not typical korean ro-co like cat-mouse mode on. Their romance is mature and full of responsibility to protect each other. It suits with the ost sang by Kei Lovelyz.The lyrics is exactly what Sunny feels about WB. WB's character turned to gloomy and bland after his mom's death. However, we saw how he can smile (though still rare lol) in latest episodes (thanks to Sunny). I hope one day, he can back to WS's character who is cheerful and bright. 

Be honest, I don't like the emperor since very beginning. He's mentally weak and sick. I can't imagine how he feels when he figure out the girl he loves is secretly in love with the man he wants to kill the most, Na Wang Sik ssi aka my Bin. He will feel betray from both of them. But he doesn't need to be worried because his mom AGAIN will 'solve' this problem for him.

I hope people don't be blind with what he's done just because he acted cute from latest episodes. He's definitely the one who killed WS's mom. Though it was unintentionally. He was the one who choke late princess and push her to the lake untill died. But still we don't know who exactly killed grandmother. Once Yura back and find out his fiance was in the same hospital with her, he might join WB-OS for revenge too.

• Like 9

:blink: o..kay... me too ... i cant imagine uri cute empress with the 'lust' emperor :P as a couple:sweatingbullets:

FXXZYtK.jpg

Ops no offence to his fans -- don kick me too:grimace:

Have u guys check out the PD note?

PD nim is also rooting for cute Empress + Hot bodyguard *cough~~*

(Google translate from SBS website)

https://m.programs.sbs.co.kr/show/thelastempress/visualboard/56861?cmd=view&board_no=404291

DZeaUUu.jpg

:blush:fan service:

RMZVU5o.jpg

Spoiler

GpRGC5v.jpg

Cr SBS website https://m.programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/thelastempress/visualboard/56865/?cmd=view&page=1&board_no=396640

:glasses:like father like daughter...ops !!

*flies off quickly*

2 hours ago, Crystal Kim said:

If Ari becomes the empress, then the Nanny will gain a lot of control over the palace. Not really at the level of the Empress Dowager since Sunny will have that position (if she's still alive... the Nanny prob has plans of getting rid of her to gain that title) but as the mother of the empress, she will have a lot of power. 

Kang Hee wants to take control of the empire for some reason but she will divide half of property with PM (wealth not the main desire?). Is it because Kang Hee is jealous of Empress SH? She is SH friend's, but how come it's just being a waitress? maybe she became greedy because there was a chance and she already knew the ins and outs with certainty. ED also seems to give enough attention to Lee Hyuk's 'biological' needs. ED once said if he wanted women ask to ED, she will provide anywomen. Why Sojin is not getting married again? And it took a very long time and was forced to remarry Lee Hyuk, even though there should have been unrest when the Emperor didn't have offspring either. Generally, it was immediately ordered to choose the new queen in the drama about the kingdom.

• Like 3

Guys, does someone know the reason why episode 17 is postponed till Thursday?  Is there some kind of holiday in Korea or event?:blink:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, ChewyChocolate said:

I decided to write my own take on the scene where Sunny wakes up and finds Lee Hyuk in her bedroom. As a Lee Hyuk-Sunny shipper, I am desperate. 

Check it out here.

https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1386079/oh-sunny-s-diary-lee-hyuk-s-confusing-me-romance

....Nice! Another desperate fan, that wonders if you're going to continue? Yeah, i know canon LH/SN is all kinds of ......but i did say it's the appeal, don't judge me! :sweat_smile:

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t circumvent swear filter .
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, juju84 said:

Guys, does someone know the reason why episode 17 is postponed till Thursday?  Is there some kind of holiday in Korea or event?:blink:

Nope. On the article, it said that they were postponing the episode in order to give more time for the production staff and crew to improve the quality of filming/writing. Unfortunately, this is normal for dramas that are filming at the same time as it airs; everyone working on the show gets kind of burnt-out so a little rest is good! Although, there might be some ulterior motive (like needing time to change the script and re-filming certain scenes :huh: who knows)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Cuteness overload!

Spw1547194061089-600.jpg

Hyuk so normal in this pic. Which makes it even more scarier when he goes cray2.

But i still like Hyuk. And i've been repeating myself a lot of times already. Hahaha

Hyuk fighting! Be a good person! 

And other writers/producers..please sign SSR for a romcom. He is all sorts of adorbs as bumbling Hyuk. Hehe

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Omg. This fan is on fire with his/her creative editing haha. Great editing skills it feels like a legit drama clio.

Behold..another version of Hyuk-Sunny. The melodrama version :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Crystal Kim said:

Nope. On the article, it said that they were postponing the episode in order to give more time for the production staff and crew to improve the quality of filming/writing. Unfortunately, this is normal for dramas that are filming at the same time as it airs; everyone working on the show gets kind of burnt-out so a little rest is good! Although, there might be some ulterior motive (like needing time to change the script and re-filming certain scenes :huh: who knows)

This...After reading how quite a few people are rooting for the LH and Sunny ship...and also finding out about next week´s schedule change...some part of me keep thinking that maybe the writer is going to change the story in favor of the commentators. Even tho the rating´s are still in the double digit...a decline is still noticable. I really hope that it´s just me overthinking. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

This...After reading how quite a few people are rooting for the LH and Sunny ship...and also finding out about next week´s schedule change...some part of me keep thinking that maybe the writer is going to change the story in favor of the commentators. Even tho the rating´s are still in the double digit...a decline is still noticable. I really hope that it´s just me overthinking. 

Nah they not  going  to make drastic changes like that  its way too late we dont have much of the show left and all the characters  motives and relationships are pretty much establish.

Also if tried that I imagine the backlash would be really bad not to mention it sends a disgusting message to the viewers and the press.

• Like 7

I dont think its because of script changes. Maybe they are behind on filming or needed more time to edit everything. Life on Mars had a mid-air break too and it turned out fine.

zKV465.gif

Hihi. SSR ^_^

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

@butterflyempress    I wonder myself whether I'll continue or not, but I'll let you all know here if I come up with a new chapter.

I have a feeling that the episodes have been postponed to change the script, to deal with falling ratings, so does this mean more melodrama? I don't think that that would solve the issue, though, there is only so much ridiculousness that we can take and after a while, it gets repetitive. I know what they could do to make me happy though, have more Lee Hyuk- Sunny moments, tone down on the crazy, and have them come to an understanding of each other. It's weird, because misunderstandings are normally the OTP line, and having these come between Lee Hyuk and Sunny is just strange. It makes me wonder if Lee Hyuk's the main lead. The writers made Lee Hyuk so magnetic and attractive despite his evilness, and that is a feat, indeed. To make viewers like a man so despicable and corrupt is just mindblowing. Will he end up with Sunny? I say no, but who knows, anything can happen, and a writer, desperate to reclaim ratings, may even increase screentime between Lee Hyuk and Sunny, and have a happy ending for both. In Mirae's Fate, that was what happened, the second lead became so popular, that in the end, the lead was virtually non-existent, and the drama had an open ending. It was so frustrating, because I shipped the lead then. This time, I think they could have Lee Hyuk redeem himself, serve time, and may have an open ending  where she chooses neither man, but both are still a strong presence in her life.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

Nah they not  going  to make drastic changes like that  its way too late we dont have much of the show left and all the characters  motives and relationships are pretty much establish.

I also hope the writer would not change the story she has intended from the start. But unfortunately, we do have a lot of the show left even for non-drastic change. We still have 8 hours worth of story to go through....

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, ChewyChocolate said:

@butterflyempress    I wonder myself whether I'll continue or not, but I'll let you all know here if I come up with a new chapter.

I have a feeling that the episodes have been postponed to change the script, to deal with falling ratings, so does this mean more melodrama? I don't think that that would solve the issue, though, there is only so much ridiculousness that we can take and after a while, it gets repetitive. I know what they could do to make me happy though, have more Lee Hyuk- Sunny moments, tone down on the crazy, and have them come to an understanding of each other. It's weird, because misunderstandings are normally the OTP line, and having these come between Lee Hyuk and Sunny is just strange. It makes me wonder if Lee Hyuk's the main lead. The writers made Lee Hyuk so magnetic and attractive despite his evilness, and that is a feat, indeed. To make viewers like a man so despicable and corrupt is just mindblowing. Will he end up with Sunny? I say no, but who knows, anything can happen, and a writer, desperate to reclaim ratings, may even increase screentime between Lee Hyuk and Sunny, and have a happy ending for both. In Mirae's Fate, that was what happened, the second lead became so popular, that in the end, the lead was virtually non-existent, and the drama had an open ending. It was so frustrating, because I shipped the lead then. This time, I think they could have Lee Hyuk redeem himself, serve time, and may have an open ending  where she chooses neither man, but both are still a strong presence in her life.

None of that wont work here their no reasonable way he can redeem himself to that point he is a monster at this  they cant have a happy ending especially after the last episode that drill that end  pretty much.They are in too deep for that.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, 0timelost said:

Sorry to cut your post and welcome back.

But...I have to disagree with you. The drama revealed that LH tried to kill Sunny at least two times.

1. The crane malfunction incident on the day of their wedding. He was the one who ordered his personal guard to tamper the crane, and he tried to put the blame on his mother (and his mother thought Yura did it). He saw Sunny was about to plunge to her death but he did not ordered anyone to save her.

2. He ordered her disposal and WB "carried it out" by pushing her off the top of the waterfall. LH was happy to hear that WB got rid of her and was livid when Sunny came back with minimal damage. 

So...he's not innocent. 

@0timelost,

Aigoo..thank you for the facts. This ahjuma def blinded by the king  :mask::joy::joy:.

• LOL 6

2 hours ago, dramaninja said:

None of that wont work here their no reasonable way he can redeem himself to that point he is a monster at this  they cant have a happy ending especially after the last episode that drill that end  pretty much.They are in too deep for that.

Honestly, if you want the show to be realistic then basically almost all the characters will go to jail and no one will have a happy ending. Lee Yoon will go to jail as he knew about the murder but kept quiet about it so goodbye Hel Ro x Lee Yoon. Woo Bin has too many death flags, and if he doesn’t die, he will also go to jail because he’s killed a lot too. Just let Sunny be alone.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 6
  • Thanks 2