Quantcast
Jump to content
0ly40

[Current Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST

Recommended Posts

"In the drama 'The quality of the Empress', 11th and 12th ratings on December 6 were 8.3% (National 7.9%) and 11.5% (National 10.5%) respectively, It has topped the record. The highest audience rating soared to 13.87%, ranking first in the all-round drama. "

 

Wow...

 

ps. I used google translate

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@at2005 If you read a few pages back, @lmangla defined makjang very well in a language easily understood by all... :lol:

If I find it, I'll tag you again.

edit~

Found it... (p.28)

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

@at2005 If you read a few pages back, @lmangla defined makjang very well in a language easily understood by all... :lol:

If I find it, I'll tag you again.

Thank you. I don't find being dramatic is an issue as long as it is done right (keep you on your toes you know) and of course add  a smooth story line.

 

Take WS transformation for an example. Minus the height difference (they should/could have found someone with similar height), I don't find transformation that is hard to accept. Just google random people that lost a lot of weight. With a good hair cut, some have turned from ugly duckling into a swan (both male and female). 

 

With that being said, we are (viewers) are way too picky? Do we have to nitpick on every tiny little things and forget the story line and other important information? :D I have to watch all 6 eps with subtitle this weekend in order for me to analyze and nitpick the series :D

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, at2005 said:

Take WS transformation for an example. Minus the height difference (they should/could have found someone with similar height),

Have you googled their height difference? It's only 4cm. CHJ 186cm, THH 182cm.... THH looks much shorter because he is wider in proportion, esp.with wearing the fat suit. So yeah, I consider a difference of 4cm as similar.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Have you googled their height difference? It's only 4cm. CHJ 186cm, THH 182cm.... THH looks much shorter because he is wider in proportion, esp.with wearing the fat suit. So yeah, I consider a difference of 4cm as similar.

Unfortunately, I was like most viewers who didn't check out the actual height difference and took what we saw as is (oh how visual could affect one's judgement). 4 cm is a bit over 1.5 inches which is not too bad. Well we could say he corrected his posture during the training and no longer hunches over due to the weight issue :D There, I have explained the height difference :D

  • Like 3
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well... The ratings are getting higher!! Now I can understand what the Korean audience wants.. SEX :crazy:Yeah, now it's pretty obvious! You don't have to use your logic in this series. It's all about intimacy that no logic required!! And birth secrets are everywhere! What an emperor..??!! :angry: If any one can kick off Lee Hyuk & Min Yu Ra, then I'll happily watch this series!!!

 

Anyway, for those who are enjoying this show, what are you guys so addicted to..?! I am speechless! :crazy:

  • Like 2
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Anyway, for those who are enjoying this show, what are you guys so addicted to..?! I am speechless! :crazy:

-The unfolding mysteries, one after another (not the answer itself, but the anticipation, the process)

e.g: why doesn't a mother (empress dowager) want her son (the emperor) to be happy? (possibly ordered to kill his first wife, wanted to get rid of his lover, forced him to marry someone he didn't love etc.) Is it as simple as wanting the power to control? I don't know, but interested to find out.

*Is the emperor truly as weak as he portrays? Or is he scheming for something big like vengeance against his own mother?

-Sunny's growth, her being forced out of her comfort zone, how she would handle situations/resolve conflicts etc (basically how she would survive in the water after being thrown in without a swimming lesson first). 

-The internal battle of oneself, struggling to find what makes him/her happy/satisfied. Interested in learning the mentality of each individual character.

 

Not really into the rated R scenes that much but more into the relations. 

 

Main reason: done and tired of watching, boy meets girl, girl meets boy, boy falls in love with girl, girl falls in love with boy, boy and girl go through few obstacles and have a happily ever after :D As I get older, I am into crazier stuffs (murder, psycho, etc) and leave fairy tale behind

 

Hmmm are we questioning the healing powers of sex? :D I don't find physical intimacy illogical. It is his (the emperor's) way of getting closed to someone. Perhaps it satisfies his need of someone wanting him, loving him, needing him. Some would get closed to another physically then emotionally, while others do the opposite. 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, at2005 said:

-The unfolding mysteries, one after another (not the answer itself, but the anticipation, the process)

e.g: why doesn't a mother (empress dowager) want her son (the emperor) to be happy? (possibly ordered to kill his first wife, wanted to get rid of his lover, forced him to marry someone he didn't love etc.) Is it as simple as wanting the power to control? I don't know, but interested to find out.

*Is the emperor truly as weak as he portrays? Or is he scheming for something big like vengeance against his own mother?

-Sunny's growth, her being forced out of her comfort zone, how she would handle situations/resolve conflicts etc (basically how she would survive in the water after being thrown in without a swimming lesson first). 

-The internal battle of oneself, struggling to find what makes him/her happy/satisfied. Interested in learning the mentality of each individual character.

 

Not really into the rated R scenes that much but more into the relations. 

 

Main reason: done and tired of watching, boy meets girl, girl meets boy, boy falls in love with girl, girl falls in love with boy, boy and girl go through few obstacles and have a happily ever after :D As I get older, I am into crazier stuffs (murder, psycho, etc) and leave fairy tale behind

Agreeing with your answer.... Plus CJH... Well, actually I am a fan of SSR and JNR and SEK acting too! Actually, I am first and foremost here because of the cast. Not a fan of makjang actually, but this show is addicting!

Welcome to soompi anyway. I saw that you just recently joined. What other dramas are you watching now?

 

2 hours ago, gm4queen said:

If any one can kick off Lee Hyuk & Min Yu Ra, then I'll happily watch this series!!!

But without LH and MYR, the show will not be as exciting :P  Let's just reduce and tone down the bed scene. I like MYR as the villain, smart schemer and layered character, unlike another current drama where the evil girl is so one dimensional I simply got bored of her.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Agreeing with your answer.... Plus CJH... Well, actually I am a fan of SSR and JNR and SEK acting too!

Welcome to soompi anyway. I saw that you just recently joined. What other dramas are you watching now?

 

But without LH and MYR, the show will not be as exciting :P  Let's just reduce and tone down the bed scene. I like MYR as the villain, smart schemer and layered character, unlike another current drama where the evil girl is so one dimensional I simply got bored of her.

Thank you for your welcoming. I couldn't resist but to join the forum after I read up so many interesting posts on this series. I too like JNR.  I usually watch the series/drama for the story line. I like series like Ghost, Master's Sun, I remember you (thriller, horror genres)

 

Korean drama wise, Empress Dignity is the only one I am watching right now. Any recommendations?

 

I watch mostly American shows (Criminal Minds, Investigation Discovery channel, cold cases etc :D, waiting on "Making a Murderer" series) I think I passed the stage of rom-com.

 

Agreed on the evil girl part, especially the one who thinks she is smart yet she isn't smart at all. All she does is going crazy, screaming, yelling and acting childish thinking she is making a fool out of someone else.

 

That is why I am anticipating the peeling of Sunny's onion :D I hope she doesn't disappoint me.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

** gosh what tear jerking music & someone called ‘those mannered hands’/or big manly black-leather-glove-hand ;  sorry  I know it’s supposed to be a heart breaking scene but I can’t stop laughing  sobsobhahaha  my insanity :joy:

 

WB's mannered arms

"ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Makjang's dignity"  ???:huh:

 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, philosophie said:

Ep 5. Did the emperor and empress consummate their marriage or just sleep next to each other???

The light was turned off... who would have known? :lol::phew:

 

1 hour ago, at2005 said:

Korean drama wise, Empress Dignity is the only one I am watching right now. Any recommendations?

Will send you PM... since it will be unrelated to this drama. It is the envelope icon on top right hand corner of your screen.

  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

although there's a saying 'sex sells'

reducing the beauty of this drama to just sex show is just destroying the intricate waving of what this drama have  come to offer and marking it as just a porn instead

that is just rude toward those who works hard to produce this drama, not just the actors who is doing their best playing their roles and totally immersed in character

but also those who work behind the scene, making sure this drama delivered to us all viewers

 

and also korean viewers are not that shallow

they also know how to appreciate interesting drama just like our international viewers too

instead of liking a show supposedly because of sex,

we actually do value the beauty and the conflict and fragile entanglement TLE brings

although TLE is makjang drama, it took lots of effort and work to make something that can go the wrong way and becoming a total mess

to be this intriguing, beguiling and amazing

one episode after another, it just draws you in even further and makes you more addicted and i assure you, it's definitely not because of sex scenes only

not to undermine the effect of those sex scene though, they are there not just for show

but they have their own purpose and impact of their own as well

if i were to be honest, the reason why i dont want to watch myr and lh intimate scenes is not because i find it crude or vulgar or too much

it just that i dont want to watch the villains of this drama having fun

it felt like a slap in the face watching them being all happy and enjoying themselves

hahaha

 

i have watched ep 5 and finally done downloading ep 6

will watch later

as jang nara has said before, her innocence and naive self ends at ep 6

so i am guessing in ep 7 we will be welcoming a new empres sunny

she might still be confused and bewildered at first, but for sure she will take up pieces and resolution

i hope i dont have to wait long for the new improved empress sunny to emerge

top, just one ep of sad, confused sunny

and then angry, disappointed and vengeful sunny will take over

hahaha

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[The Last Empress] Eps 11 & 12 spoilers, Choi Jin Hyuk x Jang Na Ra x Shin Sung Rok x Lee Elijah
 
0003728793_001_20181206230842325.jpg?type=w540
Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' Yoon Joo Man dies... Jang Na Ra tears up seeing Shin Sung Rok and Lee Elijah together 

1. [+366,-9]
What should I do with you, Choi Jin Hyuk? I'll be waiting for the next episode. 

2. [+293,-7]
It's totally childish. But why is it so interesting. I've fallen for the bodyguard. 


3. [+182,-10]
Choi Jin Hyuk's eyes.. It's insane. Ever since Gu Family Book, ha.. 


4. [+116,-5]
Those mannered hands at the end. He covered her eyes with his hands!! He's so cool. ♡


5. [+96,-2]
Looks like today's the day that Choi Jin Hyuk, Na Wang Shik suffers. The King punched him, Shin Eun Kyung slapped him, he got injured when fighting against the mafia. Looks like he can't help but be wounded. His reddened expression when he thought of his mother while riding the motorbike makes me think that he's born for acting.


6. [+32,-1]
It's a makjang and it's messy. But I could only watch this because of Choi Jin Hyuk. He's cool. I started watching this when Choi Jin Hyuk appeared. Love you. ❤


7. [+26,-3]
Choi Jin Hyuk saved this drama... If not for him, I'm not watching this. 


8. [+26,-3]
Choi Jin Hyuk matches satoori well too. Choi Jin Hyuk is the best. ♡


9. [+23,-2]
I thought I was watching a movie. Choi Jin Hyuk, do everything that you want. 



 
lastempress.png
 

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' Shin Sung Rok to Park Won Suk, "I don't love Jang Na Ra, but Lee Elijah"  

1. [+91,-4]
Oh my, what do we do? Choi Jin Hyuk used satoori. ㅋㅋㅋ


2. [+78,-3]
All I see in this drama is Choi Jin Hyuk suffering. ㅠㅠ


3. [+64,-4]
What's this? What's this? Why is it so interesting? As expected, the child is Shin Sung Rok's daughter~~ 


4. [+51,-4]
ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Makjang's dignity. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Soon Ok, do whatever you want. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ The male leads are trash. Ssu Ni-ya, just live on your own. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ


5. [+11,-0]
It leaves me speechless but it's fun. 


6. [+10,-0]
This is a gang of royal criminals. There are so many secrets. The King is a sexual offender, his mother is a murderer, there are so many things. 


7. [+9,-0]
Choi Jin Hyuk is so cool this time.. He's lost a lot of weight too. ㅎㅎ


8. [+7,-0]
Ah, seriously. Don't let Choi Jin Hyuk get hurt!! Why is he so cool? I'm going crazy. 

 

cr

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, philosophie said:

Ep 5. Did the emperor and empress consummate their marriage or just sleep next to each other???

Yes they did consummate (well in my opinion and based on my years of drama watching experience). When the light goes out, the action begins :D

 

25 minutes ago, booha said:

** gosh what tear jerking music & someone called ‘those mannered hands’/or big manly black-leather-glove-hand ;  sorry  I know it’s supposed to be a heart breaking scene but I can’t stop laughing  sobsobhahaha  my insanity :joy:

 

Ahhh funny how I didn't find that scene heart wrenching/tear jerking. Not that JNR didn't act well enough for me to feel her pain as I could see her disbelief and her pain on her face and in her eyes. I felt a slight of happiness and found myself relieved as WS was there with her. His covering her eye action was a bit late but I could feel his intention of saving her from the same pain that caused by a betrayal of a loved one. His action touched my heart.

 

10 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

The light was turned off... who would have known? :lol:

 

Will send you PM... since it will be unrelated to this drama. It is the envelope icon on top right hand corner of your screen.

Pillow talk perhaps ;) Btw, thanks for the recommendation.

 

At this rate, I will never get to the shower.

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Anyway, for those who are enjoying this show, what are you guys so addicted to..?! I am speechless! :crazy:

 

im a simple girl. i see hot hunk bodyguard and i like it lol..

 

but really, i honestly dont know why.. since im not expecting anything logical from this drama, i quite enjoy it actually.. and my brain is tired from work lately so i dont really want to watch slow melancholy love drama where i hv to think or use my head to understand it.. this drama is literally shoving sugar, salt, msg, artificial colourings and preservatives at the same time in your face:joy:.. it’s kinda hard to ignore lol.. 

 

i also want to see what sunny will do after she finds out about yura and her husband lol.. 

  • Like 6
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not the sexual scenes that are attracting all the viewers. It could be one of several reasons. In the translation of a few Korean comments shared above, a lot of them are actually praising Choi Jin Hyuk and he is the reason they are tuning in.

 

Choi Jin Hyuk was why I initially checked out this drama. But after the first episode, I became interested in the revenge plot and all the dramatic elements. I'm looking forward to seeing the good guys triumph over the bad guys. This show has not bored me. The chemistry between Jang Nara and Choi Jin Hyuk is sizzling. I'm excited to see the Empress change from innocent and naive to fierce and clever. She has always had that fierceness inside of her, but held it back with her whole new, fairy tale experience in the palace.
 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, lumibear said:

It's not the sexual scenes that are attracting all the viewers. It could be one of several reasons. In the translation of a few Korean comments shared above, a lot of them are actually praising Choi Jin Hyuk and he is the reason they are tuning in.

 

Choi Jin Hyuk was why I initially checked out this drama. But after the first episode, I became interested in the revenge plot and all the dramatic elements. I'm looking forward to seeing the good guys triumph over the bad guys. This show has not bored me. The chemistry between Jang Nara and Choi Jin Hyuk is sizzling. I'm excited to see the Empress change from innocent and naive to fierce and clever. She has always had that fierceness inside of her, but held it back with her whole new, fairy tale experience in the palace.
 

Honestly me too. I haven't seen Choi Jin Hyuk in anything except this and he's a pretty good actor and really nice to look at LOL:lol: The show is a better makjang from I have seen, has some light moments, and probably some cute moments between our main leads soon! :D

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! It looks like all the others are here for Choi Jin Hyuk, except me! I am not interested in Choi Jin Hyuk! I am only here for Jang Na Ra! :wub: But not happy with her taste this time, yet I have to digest it!!!

 

WOW!!! her facial expressions are DAEBAK!!! :wub::heart::love:

 

47574981_2105947949716740_34517745232657

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion, I don’t understand the complaints about sex scenes?!? They are relatively light (more suggestive than anything; let’s be real this is PG compared to R) and depict the relationship between two villains that is base on lust (power and sex — actually power-feeding dynamic - where they think the other can help in the power grab). If their relationship was shown through other kinds of scenes, it would be a different Emperor or Yura.

 

Episode 6:

Spoiler

I want to smack the grown, alcoholic Princess but I guess I can sympathize if I grew up in such a dysfunctional royal family lol. This brings me to question how is the Grandma Queen the only sane royal family member currently living in the palace lol. Ah ha I knew the nanny was not a normal person!! Interesting and unexpected! Can’t wait until next week when finally Sunny wakes up! Yes, JNR seriously has chemistry with all her leads.

 

Edited by stella77
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×