Quantcast
0ly40

[Current Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST

Wohoo! We get to see more of Pyeha's crazy antics! :lol:

Bring it on writer Nim!

If he continues the way he had begun, I have a feeling he would go down spectacularly. Thereby, ensuring truth and justice triumphs over evil. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I am so ready for TLE to end this week. But maybe they do need more time to tie loose ends.

If some of you guys think it is exhausting seeing the good guys being pushed around, tortured etc2. I find it exhausting too. But I'm also exhausted seeing the character i'm rooting for being cray and explosive all the time. So I'm double exhausted. Sobs

I was prepared to see Hyuk being extra cray this week. But to add 4 more episodes of possible Hyuk crazinessss. Omg. I don't know if I can handle that.

So here's to hope that he will apologize for once and do something right for all. Then he can be punished, jailed, admitted to a mental hospital or die. 

Dang...i root for him so bad. That I'm clinging on bare threads. Hahahahaha :lol:

I don't trust any lose ends . THey would not have an extension if they would stop the foolishness of adding last minute crap. It needs to end this week. Since they extended it again, I am still on a recap on Drama Milk policy. I am of the opinion that you do not extend for a writer that should had this mapped out long ago; an extension will only serve for her to add more twists that will ultimately become loose ends that will still be rushed.

In top of all this, they want us to see Nanny reign supreme for at least 4 more hours...Nope!

I'm out until the finale, that is, if they do not decide to add another 4 episodes because this writer cannot get it together in the time frame originally allotted

:unamused:.

• Like 1

Is the story change depend on the viewer response to this drama.. hope no thing change from the first plan.. 

How sunny find her true love? 

I know Sunny and Woo Bin not in a condition to in love each other, or think about lovey dovey.. they just wanna focus on revenge. Sunny claimed that nothing like what So Jin think between Sunny and Woo Bin is truly right, they just working together, not doing lovey dovey each other.. they protect each other, it deep love, but not a relationship that people think.

I know if Lee Hyuk character become outstanding , don't know he also main lead or not. Since he get award with Woo Bin (I mean SSR and CJH)... hope the extention just because the writer make additional cute Lee Hyuk in the past episode, not change the main story. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, laivla said:

I know if Lee Hyuk character become outstanding , don't know he also main lead or not. Since he get award with Woo Bin (I mean SSR and CJH)... hope the extention just because the writer make additional cute Lee Hyuk in the past episode, not change the main story. 

People are still trying to decide who the male lead is? LH and WB are BOTH the male leads. There's no second lead.

• Like 1

Its not a super long extension hopefully  2 more full episodes this help them wrap it up in a good way.

Edited by dramaninja
  • Like 7

“The Last Empress” Cast Laugh Their Way Through Serious Scenes In Making Video

Jang-Nara-Choi-Jin-Hyuk-Shin-Sung-Rok-1.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1303088wpp/watch-the-last-empress-cast-laugh-their-way-through-serious-scenes-in-making-video

“The Last Empress” Confirms Extension + Reveals New End Date

âThe Last Empressâ Confirms Extension + Reveals New End Date

https://www.soompi.com/article/1302864wpp/the-last-empress-confirms-extension-reveals-new-end-date

“The Last Empress” Top This Week’s Lists Of Buzzworthy Trends In TV Dramas

buzzworthy-dramas.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1302859wpp/yoo-in-na-and-the-last-empress-top-this-weeks-list-of-buzzworthy-trends-in-tv-dramas

6 Suspenseful Cliffhangers From “The Last Empress” Episodes 43-44

6 Suspenseful Cliffhangers From âThe Last Empressâ Episodes 43-44

https://www.soompi.com/article/1302304wpp/6-suspenseful-cliffhangers-from-the-last-empress-episodes-43-44

• Like 5
  • Love 1

7ff585f4af8140258fb06752516e73a1.jpeg?s=

Sweet Jang Na Ra became so addicted to slapping..:joy: Though it's not really slap but the sound of it is so funny. Now I understand why Choi Jin Hyuk held her hand jokingly, to stop her from slapping. :P

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

This! 

Is it the end? Yeahh..probably. hahaha

5. Is this the end of Hyuk’s redemption arc?

For weeks now, “The Last Empress” has been showing a nicer side of Emperor Lee Hyuk (Shin Sung Rok). The drama made it seem like his love for Sunny (Jang Nara) was actually inspiring him to become a better person, which also seriously confused our feelings towards Hyuk: is he a coldhearted sociopath, or the misunderstood victim of a terrible childhood? But Hyuk’s actions towards Sunny and Wang Sik this week confirmed that he is still the same twisted man that he was at the beginning of the drama. Although we expected him to be angry upon discovering that the woman he loves and the man he considers his closest friend have been betraying him all along, his brutally violent response suggests that he is no changed man. Will Hyuk be evil again for the rest of the drama? Or will he have a last-minute, permanent change of heart in the end?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1302304wpp/6-suspenseful-cliffhangers-from-the-last-empress-episodes-43-44

• Like 3

Just started watching this drama and am ep 35 lol. My fav characters are probably LH, Hel Ro, Yoon and Grandma lol. I hope Sunny doesn't end up with either of the guys. They are both mentally unfit for a relationship and have many issues in themselves that need professional help. I hope LH stays alive and actually learns how to a better person (it's nice to see glimpses of him in awe/smiling in some scenes with ari/sunny..too bad they're only glimpses lol). I hope WS can find peace and look at the picture to continue his life. I hope Sunny makes the royal family fall and go back to her life in a new and improved version lol. Sad to see that LH turned out like that because of the people who he was surrounded with. He trusts too easily and is easily pushed around. h that scene where the mum lit up his pet bird...seriously she is heartless. I like how he's realising that he doesn't need to be controlled but still needs work on it lol. IMO not sure if he's actually starting to like her or it's more of, 'what i can't get...i want more', and a feeling that he's indebted towards her. Maybe a mix of all with a lot on feeling indebted.  It's nice to see Princess Ari learning good characteristics from Sunny, which is needed. The people you spend time most with really do shape your personality and values. Never liked YR, she had caring people around her but was always wanted more, was tempted and succumbed to greed. Also, those closeup shots of those expressions the characters do to each other is annoying when they're planning something and it goes well, with the person they're targeting in the same room together lol (like wouldn't the other person notice that??!)

Always smile seeing Nara and Jin Hyuk off screen. Their closeness is suspicious lol. 

I don't want to ship them but I really want. What to do. This is the first drama of Jin Hyuk that I watched. Not sure about the real him, but looking at how he treat his fellow casts even Dong Sik and Ari is pretty active giving comments in his insta, I think he's really caring person. What a complete package.

Ari calls him oppa while Dongsik hyung. They should call him samcheon instead kkk

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

5 hours ago, PutriSalju said:

Always smile seeing Nara and Jin Hyuk off screen. Their closeness is suspicious lol. 

I don't want to ship them but I really want. What to do.

i used to ship JNR & CJH after seeing their chemistry in Fated to love you. But CJH said in Happy Together that his ideal woman is one who is not too skinny. He is attracted to women who are more voluptuous  :sweatingbullets:

can someone kindly translate what CJH said after he tried to stop NR from slapping him? i could only understand NR's repeated protest "aniya, aniya, aniya" while CJH pointed to the staff around them and laughed. thanks :)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

16 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

5. Is this the end of Hyuk’s redemption arc?

For weeks now, “The Last Empress” has been showing a nicer side of Emperor Lee Hyuk (Shin Sung Rok). The drama made it seem like his love for Sunny (Jang Nara) was actually inspiring him to become a better person, which also seriously confused our feelings towards Hyuk: is he a coldhearted sociopath, or the misunderstood victim of a terrible childhood? But Hyuk’s actions towards Sunny and Wang Sik this week confirmed that he is still the same twisted man that he was at the beginning of the drama. Although we expected him to be angry upon discovering that the woman he loves and the man he considers his closest friend have been betraying him all along, his brutally violent response suggests that he is no changed man. Will Hyuk be evil again for the rest of the drama? Or will he have a last-minute, permanent change of heart in the end?

My take on this is that Hyuk was never being redeemed.  The problem with LH is that he's not fully a person yet.  He's like a chameleon, taking on whatever characteristics of his environment.  Or, in LHk's case, taking on the characteristics of the people he surrounds himself with.  This is what a child does.  When LH was growing up in the palace with his evil mom and dad, he became like them.  When he was with Empress SH, he was a better person.  Only, the ED got her hooks into him.  Then he was the ED's puppet and he got together with YR.  When he began to side with SN, he started to think or behave as she would.  Now, he's the ED's puppet again.

LH never grew up or developed into his own individual.  Look at Yoon--he's his own person.  He knows who he is and what type of person he is.  LH has no idea who he is.  If given a choice, I bet he himself would have no answer.  If you think about it, he's always been surrounded by women telling him what to be: his mother, YR, even SN.  He doesn't know how to be a person without someone telling him.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

I don't believe with this called ideal type. Most of us end up with our non ideal type hehehe. They're so clingy and touchy. Whenever they laugh seems no one understand except them lol. 

3 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

My take on this is that Hyuk was never being redeemed.  The problem with LH is that he's not fully a person yet.  He's like a chameleon, taking on whatever characteristics of his environment.  Or, in LHk's case, taking on the characteristics of the people he surrounds himself with.  This is what a child does.  When LH was growing up in the palace with his evil mom and dad, he became like them.  When he was with Empress SH, he was a better person.  Only, the ED got her hooks into him.  Then he was the ED's puppet and he got together with YR.  When he began to side with SN, he started to think or behave as she would.  Now, he's the ED's puppet again.

LH never grew up or developed into his own individual.  Look at Yoon--he's his own person.  He knows who he is and what type of person he is.  LH has no idea who he is.  If given a choice, I bet he himself would have no answer.  If you think about it, he's always been surrounded by women telling him what to be: his mother, YR, even SN.  He doesn't know how to be a person without someone telling him.

I think Hyuk will at least learn how to contol himself at the end. They can forgive him. But criminal still must be punished. Whether Sunny still wanna with him or not, it's another story. Because last episodes, she seems doesn't even love him anymore ( if she even ever loved him)

Edited by triplem
Merged consecutive posts
  • Like 3

Omo I cant believe they are extending this drama.

@katakwasabiAnother drama which loves to play with my heart.  One thing for sure is SSR is nailing his role as the Emperor - cray or cute Im loving him. 

ezgif-5-1671f6264db3.gif

cr. kocowa

Updates

Actress Jeon Soo Kyung will make a special cameo appearance in this weeks episode. Read  - https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=108&aid=0002760807

Her lG update with Princess Ari and Nara

New stills - our Empress with her little Princess

Spoiler

DzNRwR7VAAAiXKF.jpg

DzNRvd-VYAEmBLD.jpg

DzNRwnjU0AAxmk9.jpg

DzNRv3OU0AEZ1ID.jpg

cr. Naver

DzQJGD5VAAAzw8S.jpg

DzQJGNaU8AA7Vjz.jpg

cr. Single List

• Like 7

**We have a new cast.  I wonder who is this ‘Lee Jung emperor’??  
Jae Su Gyeong makes a special appearance as Sliver empress in 'TLE',  ... ‘fiery psychological battle’ with Shin Eun-kyung (ED)
JSG will play as ‘Sliver empress’, the wife of Lee Jung emperor, who was dismissed 30 years ago, and  Michelle, a big figure in the American jewelry industry.

BsdxJQU.jpg

http://star.mk.co.kr/v2/view.php?mc=ST&year=2019&no=88029

**Kim Hee-Won pdnim (The Crowned Clown)  who worked with JNR in FTLY and 오래된 안녕(Old Goodbye) sent the support truck for JNR.

• Like 6